Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Off-World (RPG Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jimmy: It's likely the tombs are for members of the family who owned the castle. Perhaps some of the plaques are for important members of their community. *He sighs* The tombs aren't very interesting to look at when there are no sculptures of the dear departed on them.

*Jimmy tells the others the chamber is safe to enter and Dave and his team come in.*

Dave: We need to record the inscriptions first.
    sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper:
      *looks to Dave* How about taking rubbings of the tomb headstones as well? That way we might pick up details that the camera and lighting could miss.

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: That's a good idea, Jasper.

Spoiler:
        The tombs are similar to these. There will be writing on them and maybe a carving of a face or figure.

http://www.photosofchurches.com/imag...op%20tombs.jpg
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
          *Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: That's a good idea, Jasper.
          *Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: Thanks *fetches the camera anyway, then takes photos of them from a few angles*

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Dave and his team look at the plaques on the walls.*

Dave: The inscriptions look like they're in the same archaic version of Ancient as the one about buckets on the stone tablet. Erik can translate them for us when he has the information.

Jimmy: I can get the walls and ceilings reinforced properly so we won't have to look at emergency props. It will be really nice in here then.

Liam: Can't say it's my idea of a beauty spot.

Nathan: Same here.
            sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper:
              *grins at Liam and Nathan*
              Can't you feel the serenity of this place, the sheer liminal atmosphere of being so close to those who've passed? Very peaceful. *winks in agreement to Jimmy*

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Liam: I was often close to those who had passed when I was feeding on humans.
                sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: I guess that is where we differ then. I find places where the deceased lie as places where memories can be found. It's only up to us if they're pleasant or not. I'd care more if a human died than a wraith, because that is merely how my life made me; I was trained to hold the lives of my own kind, aside from my former Queen, in very little value. I guess that's the small benefit of being an assassin - I didn't make bonds.

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Liam: I think I understand. I find these tombs interesting from an historical point of view but I don't find the place really nice in the way that you and Jimmy do.
                    sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: *starts doing a brass rubbing carefully off the first one once the photographs are taken* Nice is probably not the right word exactly...How long have you been with this Hive for, to change subject?

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Liam: I was with the hive before. Then I decided to transfer and came back when I heard about this new cultural revolution.
                        sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: *nods, checking between the plaque and paper every now and then to ensure he's not missing anything* Mm, I suppose you could say I was originally a prisoner, when I first encountered the dragon expedition. While I admit that the idea of feeding humans isn't quite eradicated from my mind, the idea of clones and other such solutions is slowly starting to make more sense.

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Liam: I like Archimedes' feeding device now I've got used to it. Ciannwn and Iminda can feed everyone on the hive between them and we can also feed each other.

Jean-Luc: The nymphs and dryads can't feed us because they aren't human. If they channel the universal energy it has an effect like happy weed.

Gordon: That's a lot of fun, though.
                            sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper:
                              "Happy Weed.. Yes, I remember someone telling me about that. I've yet to try it."
                              *finishes one rubbing, writing down the date and location on the corner before picking up another bit of paper*
                              "Anyone care to help?"

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Gordon and Darrell start taking tomb and plaque rubbings as well.*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X