Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - The Chill-Out Hive (Role Playing Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TP: I think you'll find I did when I mentioned demanding Wraith

Steve: Moi?

TP:
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Addict: Steve's not that demanding *remembers the last time he visited* Okay, he is that demanding

Tony: Unlike me

Addict: I do hope you're joking
      sigpic

Comment

*DS, Tommy and Rhys come in*

DS: Is there some chocolate left? We missed the chocolate wrestling.

Tommy: Are you kidding?! This is the CO hive, there's always chocolate around!

Rhys: And most of the time there's a bucket of it molten and ready for immediate use standing around. Ah, here it is. *reaches behind recliner. clunking noises emerge and he surfaces with a bucket of warm, molten chocolate* See? *empties the bucket with a long, smooth movement over Tommy's head*

Tommy: *wipes the chocolate from his eyes* Nice.

Rhys:

DS: Ooooh, chocolate-coated Wraith FTW! *tackle-glomps Tommy*

Tommy:

Rhys: Guess I shot myself in the foot, huh?

DS: Not at all. *get up, covered in chocolate and tackle-glpmps Rhys as well*

Comment

Sally: Where is everyone?
          Betty: Meh, probably doing something else.
          Mina: I'm going to HR now!
          Sally & Betty at the same time: So am I! *looks at each other*
          *The girls leave for HR*
          My videos
          My art
          sigpic

Comment

KM: Strange, normally it only gets this quiet because everyone's hiding behind the potted plants.

Azrael: *Looks at all the melted chocolate* Did we miss something here?

Comment

Orb and Bullseye: *wander into the common area and sit down at a table to play Wraith dice games*

Comment

Afa watches eagerly.

Afa: What type of Wraith Dice games are there?

Comment

Bullseye: *holds out a box of 6 and 12 sided dice to show Afa* The numbers represent darts, stargates, hives, humans, and so forth. The goal is to throw more powerful combinations than the other players.

Orb: It's relaxing and fun because it is all probability - no worries about shielding your mind.

Spoiler:

Spike would probably love these! The Wraith dice games are Melissa Scott's idea:

Q: Todd was said to have thrown dice that landed on double four: a human throw.

Did you invent the Wraith dice games? If so, can you explain more about them or post how they are played, the rules, and what the numbers symbolize?
                  A: I'm embarrassed to say I haven't worked the dice game out in detail. I was thinking of craps and hazard, and also the Roman game of knucklebones, which seems to have evolved into more of a dice game than the jacks-like game that wikipedia describes. Both craps and knucklebones name the various combinations; in craps you can bet on specific ways of getting a number, and I was thinking that any Wraith dice game would have that feature, because they'd love the side bets. I was also imagining both 6 and 12-sided dice, used in various combinations for different games, and some of the throws' names came from that.

Double-4 is the human throw because the square 4-dot pattern looks like a human house.

On 6-sided dice, 6s are hives, double or triple sixes are a fleet, and a 6-plus-1 is a hive and dart.

On 12-sided dice, 10 is the Ring (and 5 is the little Ring); 8 is a star. A combination of two 1s, two 4s, and a 10 (darts, humans, and a stargate) is a Culling, and sweeps the pot.

I only got to use one of them so far, but I'm hoping to fit more of them into the later books. Which I suppose means I really ought to work out the proper rules! *g*
                  http://mescott.livejournal.com/2727.html

Comment

*DS, Tommy and Rhys are by now fully covered in chocolate and decide to go to the spa and clean themselves*

DS: *hiccup* Sorry, it's all the chcocolate. I think we might have overdone it this time.

Tommy: I admit I'm feeling a bit queasy.

Rhys: See? that's why I keep telling you to be careful with that human food stuff.

Tommy: *to DS* Shall we make a deal? You feed me to help me regenerate and I give you the Gift in return so you'll feel better as well?

DS: *activates her feeding device* It's great to be a Wraith worshipper!

Comment

Bullseye: *chuckles at Tommy, DS, and Rhys and summons a masked warrior to help with the clean-up*

Orb: *to Afa* Between Wraith and worshipper, we are betting on pages from Eddie's manuals, as represented by these numbered pieces of paper. The winner gets to claim all the things on the on the corresponding numbered pages.

Bullseye: It's a win-win for both Wraith and worshipper. Of course, I'm hoping for a 'cull' to sweep every one of those pieces of paper.

Comment

*Bajka and boys come to The COH.*

Bajka: We missed chocolate wrestling.

Gregus: Look Bajka, Orb and Bullseye have very interesting game. We can play with them.

Marek: Don`t worry Bajka. We can have our private chocolate wrestling later.

Bajka: You mean you and Gregus will fight in chocolate? And I will watching.

Gregus: Very funny.

Marek*to Bajka*: I mean you and me.

Spoiler:
                        It`s funny but when I see for example short WWE I think Wraith Worshipper E.... Everything I associate with Wraith.
                        sigpic

Comment

Orb: *giggles* Wraith and worshipper chocolate wrestling is fun.

Bullseye: *passes a set of dice to Gregus*

Spoiler:
                          Me too. For example, I think of Wraith Suck and Puke (S 'n P) when I hear stock market reports for the Standard & Poor's S&P 500.

Comment

*DS, Tommy and Rhys return from the spa, all grinning*

Tommy: *telepathically to Bullseye* Thanks for having the drone help with cleaning up the chocolate mess!

Rhys: *sits down and watches Orb and Bullseye's game with interest* I love games. Playing for pages of Eddie's manual is a great idea.

DS: *picks up random manual from a recliner and browses through the pages to get inspiration for later worshipping*

Spoiler:
                            That happens to me too, all the time. I read or hear something and in my head it turns into "WRAITH"!

Comment

Bullseye: *telepathically to Tommy* It's amazing we all still have white hair, isn't it? *to Rhys* Pretty much everything to do with Eddie's manuals is a good idea.

Orb: *grins and takes a page 128 winning*

Bullseye: I will have that page 128 back!

Comment

Gregus*to Bullseye*: Thank you.

*Gregus takes a set of dice from Bullseye and starts playing with Bajka and Marek.*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X