Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
    *leaves lots of hugs before disappearing again*

Sorry, just saying I won't stay online and play tonight, work was a real female dog today and my mind is in no fit state to RP anything and I'll go to bed soon. See you all tomorrow.
    That's Okay. Work was a bit like that for me today as well but this is probably the only place keeping me completely sane at the moment. I can come here, browse, relax, post and completely unwind.
    sigpic
    Thank you to Icarium for allowing me to use the above image.

Comment

Sorry guys but have just been kicked off the internet by Virgin Media 4 unscheduled maintence, typing this on mobile but as they aren't sure when it's going 2 be back up, & it's getting on 4 midnight, am going 2 sleep. So night, night. Sweet Wraithy dreams.
      sigpic
      Thank you to Icarium for allowing me to use the above image.

Comment

*hugs* Sleep well Toddandrea Many wraithy dreams to you

One-shot loosely inspired by a funny conversation between me and Selene:
        Spoiler:

Nyxpallas Nascimbeni says:
        oh my god !!!!
        you look unbelievable !!!! any wraith commander would serve you !!!!
        Senny says:
        x3 awesomes~ thank you
        i'v tried photomaniping before
        and failed xD
        Nyxpallas Nascimbeni says:
        still it's good. looks like someone stumbled upon you - a waith queen - in your private quarters or anything

Spoiler:

His hissed irritably, forcing himself to transmit the docking instructions to the battered, slightly smoking cruiser that was currently hovering unsteadily off to the side of his ship. The transmission asking for permission to board had been garbled enough – something about a mutiny, with one of the passengers holding a genetic marker that’d prove beneficial. He hadn’t been entirely listening at first; Teyla’s temporary absence as Queen was holding steady, but the mutterings of the crew were slowly starting to surface again. Anything to distract them was welcome, even if it came in the form of a tatty crew. Kenny took his place at the secondary helm, monitoring their course as he swept away down the corridors towards the Hangar bay.

That’s when he felt it. The familiar soothing comfort of radiating power that only came from one thing in their species – a Queen. This one, from what he could tell without actually prying into her mind, was weak and mostly withdrawn, although bolstered by the presence of what he presumed to be her Commander, or a loyal high-caste male if not that. The doors slid open and his initial impression was instantly confirmed as he sent his eyes roving from head to toe of the pair. The Lieutenant looked lopsided, a dent in his arm confirming what the scent of blood was from to match the patch bound roughly over one of his eyes. The female, a head shorter and only about 5ft 4’’ tall in comparison to his over 6ft, looked equally battered, with the fingers of one hand bent and misshapen with gouges over her shoulders and neck. Evidently they’d fought their way to get here. As he was the initiator and they the tolerated guests, their minds remained silent. Todd eventually made contact as per etiquette.
        “What is it you seek here?”
        “A place to stay until our injuries are fully healed.”
        “Why can you not just go back to your own Hive?”
        “Because they mutinied against me. They killed those loyal. It was only due to my Lieutenant having heard of your recent exploits within this area that we found an uncharted, unpatrolled route through my... former territory to get here.”
        He grunted under his breath. So the civil war hadn’t entirely become as quiet as he’d formerly suspected then. Damn. With a quiet sigh through his pointed teeth, he led the way to their quarters – while none were adequately furnished enough to accommodate even a visiting Queen, this wasn’t his flagship and having her in the quarters set aside for Teyla’s impossible return to rule might be seen as inappropriate by most of the crew. He struck up conversation idly as he paced through the corridors lit with comforting glowing lights and with a carpet of mist sneaking around their ankles.

“I will have a drone show you where the feeding quarters are, if you require it.”
        “My Queen, ma-“
        “Yes, you may. You have more need to heal than I.”
        The Lieutenant nodded gratefully, looking almost fit to collapse as he staggered after the faceless soldier that had came towards them wordlessly from another route. And so, Todd led her on regardless, ignoring the curious tugs and questions filtering into his mind from what crew had seen her pass.
        “You do not wish to feed with him?”
        “I have no need to.”
        He stopped then, peering over his shoulder with an arched ‘brow ridge. She was pale, that much he could tell from the greyish tinge that’d crept into her cheekbones. Her bones wouldn’t set unless the nourishment was provided, and the gouges would certainly scar. He turned properly then, meeting her own golden eyes with a frown. Without a word, she raised her damaged hand. While the flesh was intact along her palm, not even the faintest sign of a feeding slit resided there. His expression changed to one of surprise, his eyes flicking between the unmarked skin and her own features.
        “How...?”
        “I was born this way. A genetic throwback, according to one of my scientists, from when we used our jaws to latch onto our victims rather than our hands. I drain life force the old way.”
        He huffed softly then resumed leading her. But instead of departing once they’d come to the quarters she’d use during her undetermined stay, he watched instead as she sank wearily onto the fur-covered seat before moving over. While he hadn’t had contact with the human occupants of Atlantis for some time, this battered and exiled Queen might hold the link within her blood to perfect this supposed retrovirus that their scientist Beckett had been working on. Carefully, his eyes fixed on her features for any signs that she was about to lash out; he began to examine her wounds more intently. Her index and middle finger was dislocated, the flesh torn around the knuckles from where she’d probably put up a decent amount of fight. He folded his hand around it, placing his other over it as well before meeting her gaze levelly. She was unique; black waves rested against the greenish pallor of her shoulders, framing slightly pointed ears and those defined features. But it was her tattoo that kept his attention most; a swirling design that encircled her eyes, accentuating the depth of the sunken sockets and drawing his attention further into those golden pools. Whether intentional or not, this weary creature was like a snake. Beautiful and deadly in its deadly grace.
        “To allow you to use them again, I will have to position the fingers back into place. It may hurt.”
        “Just do it...”
        Of course it would hurt. Just because they were biologically immortal, didn’t mean that they didn’t feel pain like any other living creature; they merely ignored it better, or learnt how to if not that. Slowly increasing the pressure, he finally heard the satisfying cracks as the bones were forced back into place even as her mind briefly lashed out at his. Not a peep of sound came from between her lips, which were tightened into a compressed wince. It was a decent show of strength, but an unnecessary one.
        “I shall leave bandages and water for your Lieutenant to treat your gouges with,” he murmured after, rising to his feet again before departing in a rustle of leather. It would have been inappropriate for him to treat all of her injuries, especially since one of her former subordinates was also a guest.

He’d requested they join him on the bridge. Two days had passed since their arrival, most of which he suspected had been spent sleeping and recovering their strength. The cruiser was in almost as bad shape as they’d been; it was a miracle that it hadn’t exploded en-route. Sliding his hands into the console and opening his mind to the hive ship’s network, he steered the ship along a course that would take them within communication’s range of Atlantis. He still remembered its location, perhaps to Sheppard’s disappointment. Even if he’d never actually known the co-ordinates, he’d spent enough time there to relate it to other nearby planets based on information gleamed from workers and other Hives. While he had no desire to make it known to those within the alliance that he needed them, his precious cargo might finally prove to be what he needed to resume the power he’d once been in the galaxy. Onward into the stars he drove...

Which was inspired by this photomanipulation by the wonderful darkestmiracle of DA:
        Spoiler:
        Last edited by IV; 29 January 2010, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IV View Post
          Love her genetic throwback.
          sigpic

Comment

*hugs* Sleep well Toddandrea Many wraithy dreams to you

Interesting concept for a Wraith Queen and nice photo manip too.

Will have lunch now, brb.

Comment

Thanks DS I'm a little peeved that I don't have any better photos she could have edited, but that's just my camera avoidance

Comment

Thanks DS I'm a little peeved that I don't have any better photos she could have edited, but that's just my camera avoidance
                Camera avoidance? Sounds familiar, I got that too.

Comment

Camera avoidance? Sounds familiar, I got that too.
                  *high-fives* Only my mum manages to get good ones of me but I think that's something most, if not all mothers can do around their kids

Comment

*high-fives* Only my mum manages to get good ones of me but I think that's something most, if not all mothers can do around their kids
                    Taking pictures of kids can be very difficult, no matter if the kid is your own or not. And as long as they're still small they won't stay still for long enough, I've got a fine and expansive collection of blurry pictures of DS Junior.

Comment

Taking pictures of kids can be very difficult, no matter if the kid is your own or not. And as long as they're still small they won't stay still for long enough, I've got a fine and expansive collection of blurry pictures of DS Junior.
                      It can be the same with pets. They often wonder what you're doing and come over to investigate when you were just about to take a pic of them while they were lying down.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                        It can be the same with pets. They often wonder what you're doing and come over to investigate when you were just about to take a pic of them while they were lying down.
                        Or they then decide to clamber all over the camera

Comment

Or they then decide to clamber all over the camera
                          That as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

Still can't get hold of our computer repairman so I've had to find somebody else. He will be coming to sort the fan out Tuesday lunchtime but doesn't want me to use my computer in the morning so he can listen to what happens when it's first switched on etc.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              Still can't get hold of our computer repairman so I've had to find somebody else. He will be coming to sort the fan out Tuesday lunchtime but doesn't want me to use my computer in the morning so he can listen to what happens when it's first switched on etc.
                              Gah, that must be frustrating. Don't you have any tech-savvy friends or relatives in the area you can ask for help?

Comment

Gah, that must be frustrating. Don't you have any tech-savvy friends or relatives in the area you can ask for help?
                                I don't have any friends or relatives in the area apart from my husband let alone tech-savvy ones.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X