Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
    Don't go TP!

All you have to do is write a disclaimer on the top stating that it is AU and only for your hive. That is what I did on my fanfiction.net story (I was trying to write a sequel to Sexy Wraith).
    I'm only away for a while - TP's hive was always going to be going on occasional adventures.

I don't see I need any "disclaimer" on Escape From Atlantis - it's on dA/FF not WWA! I just posted a link cos I thought folks might want to read it. I was pleased with it, SW loved it, it was just a bit of fun. I've ALWAYS said anything I write os only for the CO hive thread which is separate from teh others.

Please ignore it, it was never written. It;s just not worth this hassle
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
      I'm only away for a while - TP's hive was always going to be going on occasional adventures.

I don't see I need any "disclaimer" - it's posted non Escape From Atlantis - it's on dA/FF not WWA! I just posted a link cos I thought folks might want to read it. I was pleased with it, SW loved it, it was just a bit of fun. I've ALWAYS said anything I write os only for the CO hive thread which is separate from teh others.

Ok then. *hugs*

I read the fic, it was fun. You are very creative.

I put a disclaimer on mine to ward off bad reviewers. It is to remind them that my fic wasn't canon and only for comedy, so that is why Sheppard didn't fire Parrish. lol I didn't before when I wrote for another fandom, so I deleted it.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't see I need any "disclaimer" on Escape From Atlantis - it's on dA/FF not WWA! I just posted a link cos I thought folks might want to read it. I was pleased with it, SW loved it, it was just a bit of fun. I've ALWAYS said anything I write os only for the CO hive thread which is separate from teh others.

We will sort this out, I've PMd Ciannwn to put a suggestion forward. Please do keep writing your fics.

Comment

It doesn't have to be like this. Just keep in mind what we all have in common. We all come here to have fun and do crazy stuff and escape RL for a short while. The least thing we all need is more trouble.

This misunderstanding shows that there is indeed a need for rules and guidelines. We need a certain frame to which we all can attach our own role playing - "common ground" to which we ALL agree and we HAVE to stick to.

But there is also a need for a place to "chill out" in, after all, that's why the thread has that name. Why don't we just say (as a few of you already have) that CO hive is seperate from the other threads, has its own time line (like the hive 95 thread) and is non-canon. So everyone can do as they want, dye their hair pink, learn Japanese or become a rockstar.

Comment

DS, that's what I always thought it was in the first place - a place to CHILL OUT - which is why I can't understand what all this hassle is about

Yes, I come here to get away from RL - but even my REAL life is NOT this complicated! The whole point of the COH was to be relaxed and rule free... I just don't get it...

So, if the problem is my story, here it is once and for all:

I wrote the story before we even set the RPG up. I was holding it back so SW could read it before I posted it. I posted it on dA/FF NOT WWA. I never thought for one second about whether it fitted in with WWA or not - I didn't think it needed to. When I write my own fics I don't stop to think about how it might affect a zillion possibilites in a gazillion AUs...my brain just doesn't work like that. I adapted 2 or 3 lines after it was written to accommodate TP's hive, cos I thought it would be fun... ... guess that idea didn't work then, huh?

Please PLEASE just make like it was NEVER WRITTEN!!!

I need some breathing space now so I;ll TTYL *hugs*
            sigpic

Comment

I was pleased with it, SW loved it, it was just a bit of fun. I've ALWAYS said anything I write os only for the CO hive thread which is separate from teh others.
              It was a really good story and I enjoyed it.

The following, although written in reply to TP, is meant to be a game discussion point for everyone to add their thoughts to.

We don't have to forget the story. We just have to forget the couple of posts which turned up in Boris's Hive referring to the Ancient control chair in TP's hive This would mean that you couldn't bring your new character into the Boris's Hive/Kenny's Hive/The Planet role playing threads, though. After all, his background is 100% CO Hive which has nothing at all to do with the game world covered by those three threads.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....25&postcount=6

Sethiroph (Todd's Pet's original character) Sethiroph was the original Commander of TP's hive and was loyal to Todd as Supreme Commander of the Alliance – at least he was until Todd decided to gift his hive to TP! At first resentful of TP, when they met they spontaneously linked telepathically and knew that they could trust each other. Young for a Commander but mature in outlook, his temperament is much like Jean-Luc and his appearance very much like Spike. He has a Celtic knot style tattoo curled around his right eye. Sethiroph is a “proper” Wraith and having now accepted TP as his queen he is very loyal to her. He lives on the lower Wraith deck. While Eddie thinks he is Commander on TP’s hive, with Greg and Bob as Second and Third, Sethiroph is secretly the one who is really in charge. Todd’s Pet has set this up with Todd’s full knowledge and approval.

How about this possibility?

1: TP's hive is from an alternate universe and everything that happened with it took place in the same AU. Game SW and game TP are also from this AU along with Todd and the resurrected Wraith including Steve and Bob.

2: If everything and everyone connected to the TP Hive are from an AU universe they can turn up in the Boris's Hive/Kenny's Hive/The Planet role playing threads with any background and history you want them to have. This means that your Atlantis was taken back to Earth while ours wasn't but there's no contradiction. The AU Atlantis no longer has the Ancient control chair but our Atlantis does.etc etc.

3: The last few Wraith we found were supposed to be entering the game world through being crew members on TP's hive. (Alec, Bladwin, Ian, Otis and Ray) As they belong to the game world covered by the Boris's Hive/Kenny's Hive/The Planet role playing threads we just take them off the TP hive crew roster because none of them have actually been mentioned in any role playing thread yet.

4: Eddie and Greg are from the Boris's Hive/Kenny's Hive/The Planet role playing threads universe but there's no reason at all why they couldn't have taken a fancy to two women from an AU universe.

5: The AU explanation means that there's still a Todd, Steve and Bob roaming around our own game universe. We've got Gabriel (the Vegas Todd) and your Todd already so why not have a third Todd seeing as he's a very popular SGA Wraith? I'm sure we could cope with another Steve and Bob too

6: The Chill-Out Hive stays exactly the same as it's always been when people go in there to Chill-Out.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=232

just come on in and pull up a recliner... talk about whatever you want to talk about... that includes real life if getting something off your chest will help you to relax!... post pics or drawings of pretty Wraith (any Wraith)... post fanfics now and then if they're relevant and not TOO long... admire each other's siggies (especially when our boys try to upstage each other and manipulate their siggies to try to tell us something!)..
              sigpic

Comment

Sorry for not having given my opinion yet. I need sleep to bring some order into my mushed up thoughts, then I can (hopefully) write something substantial about the suggestion tomorrow.

Goodnight and sweet wraithy dreams to everyone.

Comment

Night DS.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm off for the night. My cable connection keeps throwing a fit so I've had to over to dial-up.. Everything is now so slow that it's driving me nuts.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok, bye Ciannwn.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post

5: The AU explanation means that there's still a Todd, Steve and Bob roaming around our own game universe. We've got Gabriel (the Vegas Todd) and your Todd already so why not have a third Todd seeing as he's a very popular SGA Wraith? I'm sure we could cope with another Steve and Bob too
                        [/I]
                        Nice try, C, but NO. Steve and Todd are NOT AU characters. It seems to me that this is what you have been attempting to do ever since you decided on the uberhive that Boris' hive was in control and tried to shove Todd out! These characters are taken and you can't have them any more than anyone else's characters. This time I'm putting my foot down. I rarely go outside the CO hive at the moment, but if I chose to, you don't have the right to limit what my characters are or what they can do.
                        Last edited by Starry Waters; 24 May 2009, 01:36 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

It seems to me like this is what you've been angling for ever since that first incident between you and SW over Eddie way back around xmas time. Every time there's been the slightest disagreement, Ciannwn, you've escalated it, then tried to "pacify" it by suggesting that SW and I have AU Todd and Steve. This is the 3rd or 4th time you've tried that line. What is your problem with me and SW having Todd and Steve? Everyone else is happy with their "adopted" wraith... you have at least 7 all to yourself, I would've thought that was enough!
                          sigpic

Comment

Todd's Pet: What is your problem with me and SW having Todd and Steve? Everyone else is happy with their "adopted" wraith... you have at least 7 all to yourself, I would've thought that was enough!
                            There isn't a problem so far as I can see, but you are horrendously possessive about what amounts to a silly crush. Now, I get it, I really do, but I also realise other women are extraordinarily interested in this guy, and it is, to me, great because I can share my fan-girlish notions. But for you, TP, it is really serious, and you come over as highly antagonistic about a fictional character. I doubt that is your intent, but it was extremely offputting, in my experience, when I first began posting here.

Starry Waters: Nice try, C, but NO. Steve and Todd are NOT AU characters. It seems to me that this is what you have been attempting to do ever since you decided on the uberhive that Boris' hive was in control and tried to shove Todd out! These characters are taken and you can't have them any more than anyone else's characters.
                            WTF? They are only AU because of what has been posted and written. Weren't all the rules agreed, democratically, by everybody, or is that in my imagination? When did ciannwn suddenly become Mussolini, because all I've seen is somebody attempting to bring order from chaos? Running an RPG is a time consuming task, so is setting it up, and somebody has to take charge. Usually it's the mug with the most time on their hands and most experience, so as far as I'm concerned, ciannwn can keep the job because it sucks.

Anyhoo, ladies, I would suggest you both look to your own isolationist behaviour and utter competitiveness with regard to the characters you've mentioned before casting aspersions. Crockett was a member of ciannwn's posse and yet, now I have him because the only one she really cares about is Boris.

Right, now I've really put some backs up, I will go to bed. Good night.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                              There isn't a problem so far as I can see, but you are horrendously possessive about what amounts to a silly crush. Now, I get it, I really do, but I also realise other women are extraordinarily interested in this guy, and it is, to me, great because I can share my fan-girlish notions. But for you, TP, it is really serious, and you come over as highly antagonistic about a fictional character. I doubt that is your intent, but it was extremely offputting, in my experience, when I first began posting here.

WTF? They are only AU because of what has been posted and written. Weren't all the rules agreed, democratically, by everybody, or is that in my imagination? When did ciannwn suddenly become Mussolini, because all I've seen is somebody attempting to bring order from chaos? Running an RPG is a time consuming task, so is setting it up, and somebody has to take charge. Usually it's the mug with the most time on their hands and most experience, so as far as I'm concerned, ciannwn can keep the job because it sucks.

Anyhoo, ladies, I would suggest you both look to your own isolationist behaviour and utter competitiveness with regard to the characters you've mentioned before casting aspersions. Crockett was a member of ciannwn's posse and yet, now I have him because the only one she really cares about is Boris.

Right, now I've really put some backs up, I will go to bed. Good night.
                              Quite frankly Isolde you haven't even been around long enough to even know the history or behavior to which we are referring to!! I would suggest if you don't have the facts, that you stay out of it. What I'm hearing is that you like this person but don't like this other person. And since you don't have any facts except that the person you liked gave you one of her Wraith, you throw around a lot of insults instead.
                              Last edited by Starry Waters; 24 May 2009, 06:42 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

It's hardly fair to accuse Ciannwn of being a dictator when she always asks us all to agree on a new suggestion. And I have never seen any attempt of her to "take over" Todd, Eddie or Steve. I haven't been around for long though, like Isolde I'm relatively new but I don't think she has an interest in taking them over because she already has several characters to role play and keeping track of those is already hard enough, the last thing she needs is more characters.

Please don't be upset now when I say this directly: This whole business is childish and should be considered far below our age and degree of maturity.
                                I am however quite aware that we all have become emotionally attached to our characters and that the borders of real self and virtual self are indeed blurred. Heck, I myself experience a nervous breakdown of jealousy every time when someone else in any forum thread mentions having a crush on one of my boys.

This was the main reason why we all left the thunk threads in the first place because we agreed that there should be rules about the whole borrowing/worshipping business since we ALL are rather possessive about our boys.

I don't want to lose ANY of you as my friend. When I came here I was instantly happy and amazed at the friendly and amicable atmosphere here, and you all and this game really means a lot to me. It's a highlight of the day for me to come here and have fun with you, every single one of you. Please remember that we share a common interest.

Now I'm going to shut up and if anyone wants to bash me for this post go ahead.
                                Last edited by Draco-Stellaris; 24 May 2009, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X