Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Game Info:

I PMed Toddandrea about the introduction of her characters.

If Cat or I should not be online by the time she wishes to start RPing she can post a temporary character description and just jump in, maybe on the CO hive because there's no plot. Since she already has the rough outline for her chars it shouldn't be difficult.

I won't be doing any role playing tonight, sorry. I intended to introduce Kit to Joanne but some things in RL took longer than planned and I have to go already.

I'll join in tomorrow. Goodnight!

Comment

Sleep well DS Wraithy dreams

Comment

Goodnight DS! Sweet wraithy dreams to you.

Comment

I'm off for tonight guys, have a good night and sweet wraithy dreams to all. xxx

Comment

Sleep well WW Wraithy dreams to you
            *proceeds to camp out until the early morning hours as per usual*

Comment

Phineas meets IV chapter V!:
              Spoiler:

“What will I do?”
              “You just need to stay on the Hive out of the way.”
              “Why can’t I come and help round up any stragglers, like you?”
              “Why would you want to?”
              “It’d be something to do aside from keeping your quarters clean and sparring.”
              “Well, you can’t. You stay here.”
              “Bite me.”

That’d been their last telepathic conversation before he’d left the Hive, before he’d been beamed down onto the planet to round up those that had escaped the initial round-up. Not many more were needed, but the Queen always did like getting neat figures with this sort of thing. Call it a quirk. Keeping his stunner gun at the ready, his fingers flexed around the familiar grip and a growl came from his throat at the silence coming from a certain part of his mind. Frustrating the hybrid may be, but company she was as well – less restricted in her words than those of his own species, to say the least. Spotting a group of three villages nearby, it didn’t take him long to use the cover of darkness and the half-hidden shadow of the moon to sneak up to them. Three shots were all it took, and he then signalled to one of the circling dart pilots to pick them up before another swooped to receive him. Rematerialising into the dart bay a moment later, he stretched his shoulders and did a few small jumps on the spot to work off some of that surplus energy before striding towards his quarters all ready to tell exaggerated tales to the likely bored hybrid. But when he got there, the room was empty – the furs neatly moved back into place, and not a single sign of her presence there.

With a disgruntled huff, Phineas strode down corridor after corridor looking for her. Of course, he could simply have asked Todd, who seemed to somehow know where everyone was at any given time, but disturbing the Commander for such a trivial thing really didn’t seem like a good idea. He finally found her in one of the Scientists’ storage rooms, chattering in an animated fashion with what could only be described as a baby-faced lieutenant about something to do with volcanic vents and explosive gases. Earth science, probably. But as she didn’t know the co-ordinates, she didn’t seem in the slightest bit afraid of giving out the information. The scientist, who he soon learnt she’d named ‘Harold’ –after a historical figure -, soon noticed him however and gestured to the doorway with a twitch of a smile and a tilt of his head. He already knew that the Hunter had been the one to save the hybrid from likely starvation. Before she could even explain, said wraith spoke first.
              “Why weren’t you in my quarters?”
              She bristled, and the tension that had been non-existent in the air now seemed to crank up a notch at the tone thinly veiled in his words. Her lips even lifted off her teeth a little in response.
              “There was nothing to do. I thought I’d find someone to help. I found this guy, Harold as I’ve named him, and we’ve been talking about volcanoes. Apparently they’re pretty rare here, so I was telling him about those we had back home.”
              “I told you to stay put.” His voice carried more of a warning this time, his hand flexing despite the fact he’d fed on the planet – a sneaky snack to keep him in peak condition during the culling. Her own flexed in response, and Harold suddenly felt like he was being thrown right in the middle of a snake pit. This wasn’t anything to do with him, dammit. He had just about enough time to lurch backwards against his table when the pair reacted.

Phineas made to grab her by the throat, and succeeded only to find her feeding hand tantalising close to his chest. His was poised over hers in turn, and thus... they were stuck. A movement from either of them would trigger the other to place the palm down and start the process. A low growl sounded between them constantly now, and her mismatched eyes were locked fiercely onto his golden ones. Neither seemed willing to give any quarter, mentally or physically. It was then that they were separated however. Todd, alerted by the startled spike of energy from Harold, had swiftly been alerted to the situation and had abandoned monitoring the ships course. His hands found the scruff of their tops easily, and he forced them apart with a swift yank – Phineas ended up yowling for a moment before falling silent, and the hybrid actually was dangling in his grip with a look on her face that seemed to give her a permanent snarl.
              “Now, I’m going to put you down, and you’re going to explain,” he growled dangerous, jerking his chin up to Harold after he’d spoken, who briskly got on with his earlier designated task to the best of his ability given the circumstances. It was Phineas who answered first, his presence in Todd’s mind underlaid with irritation.
              “I told her to stay in my room til I got back. She wasn’t there when I returned, so I followed her to see her talking to one of the scientists. She disobeyed a direct order.”
              “And what’s your side?”
              “He told me to stay in his room til he got back. There was nothing to do once I’d tidied it up. I thought I’d be able to help someone else on the Hive, be productive a bit, and ended up talking to the scientist about volcanoes. I disobeyed a direct order, fine, but I didn’t realise I was a prisoner.”

That shut Phineas up immediately. While she wouldn’t be able to sense it, he felt the male’s anger fizzle out and a sense of bewildered guilt to come in its stead. He’d learn, which was something that not even Todd’s words of wraith wisdom could ever hope to achieve. He let her go first. Without even so much as looking at the Hunter as she passed, she made her way to the worshippers’ quarters. The Commander’s attention then turned to him, and his words over the network were crystal clear.
              “Do you wish for her to remain a member of this Hive?”
              “I... well... yes, of course I do. I rescued her didn’t I?”
              “Never make someone who you need feel restrained, as you did today. Did you stop to consider the fact that if you made her miserable or bitter, she could very well refuse to allow us to benefit from her fire abilities?”
              “No...”
              “We need her talent, her skill. She could probably make a decent Hunter as well, with the correct training. Hybrid or not, she has potential to become a beneficial member of this Hive that could ultimately secure our position in this alliance. I do not need quick-mouthed low rankers bullying her into shutting herself away. Is that clear?”

Phineas bowed his head, disappointment evident in his body language more than anything. He hadn’t meant to react like that. But a lack of contact with females of his own species, and a lack of worshippers had sorely dealt his social skills a blow. She’d temporarily made herself a threat, and he’d merely responded in kind. With a sigh, he nodded before dismissing himself. Once he reached his quarters and had stripped to the waist, he settled onto his back and closed his eyes, rubbing at his temple with his fingers. Why oh why did life have to be such a ***** sometimes?

Comment

Nice story, IV.
                And nice one, Todd - good to see you keeping him in character: Todd knows the best way to turn a human female into a highly dangerous animal is to keep her cooped up! After all... he's used to dealing with TP!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Thanks TP He's the perfect character to use for a sort of mentor/comic relief role at times. In the next chapter, Phin' and IV end up apologising... by sparring to the point of both of them nearly collapsing.

Comment

Originally posted by IV View Post
                    Thanks TP He's the perfect character to use for a sort of mentor/comic relief role at times. In the next chapter, Phin' and IV end up apologising... by sparring to the point of both of them nearly collapsing.
                    Hopefully you'll have your pic by then - you can use it as an illustration!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                      Hopefully you'll have your pic by then - you can use it as an illustration!
                      *bounces excitedly*

Comment

Phineas meets IV - chapter VI:
                        Spoiler:

Three days had been spent back in his old routine. No chattering voice offered anecdotes of earth life, nobody was there to silently roam the corridors next to him and nobody was there to spar against. Phineas hadn’t quite realised what it was like to have a friend, or the closest equivalent, until he’d met the hybrid. And now, due to his own temper and inexperience, he’d made it go completely tits up. With a sigh, he plucked up the sai blades he’d recently bartered from a neutral planet before starting along to the arena. But it was already occupied, judging by the sounds of flesh meeting flesh coming from behind the webbing – opening the door with his mind, he entered only to see the young woman do what looked like a sliding tackle into the legs of one of the worshippers closer to her own age, a young man known as One-eye. Ex-Genii, to his knowledge, and kept for his expertise in various forms of martial art. One-eye jumped on the spot, landing a knee to her side before moving a dagger to rest across her throat. A hiss of displeasure was her response, but she remained still before he moved off her. Spotting Phineas lurking in the doorway, he bowed his head respectfully before helping her up. Wincing momentarily, he thought he could even hear the sound of her rib shifting back into place. Turning, the light once in her eyes from sparring soon faded – a dead, blank look soon appeared. Mentally he winced, before removing the sai blades from their holsters. The Genii got the message immediately, bowed once more and then departed after requesting one of the drones to open the door – almost an equal to them, in a way. He’d inform the Commander of this for certain, just in case it turned from a simple sparring to something just a tad more severe. It wouldn’t do anyone any good for them to fight themselves to death so close to a Naming Ceremony.

She responded in kind, plucking up two matching blades from their holster on the wall before moving to stand opposite him in the ring chalked out. He wore his usual trousers and boots, although this time and left his coat behind and gone with a tank top – in turn, she wore her trousers and boots, but had opted for a sports bra and had several beaded lengths of string dangling from the bun in her hair. All good to go for both of them. They began to circle, his almost feline movements matched by hers as their eyes remained locked. Then he reacted first, making a lunge for her midriff while slashing in a horizontal fashion. She bent from the waist, jerking a side of her hip away so the blade passed harmless past her exposed midriff, while moving her own dagger to block its partner – metal struck metal with a satisfactory clash. He took a pace forwards, forcing her spine to arch before bringing a leg up in an attempt to smack into the back of hers. Instead of falling, her body merely arched backwards before her own leg came up to aim a knee or foot to whatever part of his side was closest. He hissed momentarily in surprise, before twisting his arm. She was sent spinning away from him, landing on the floor and only by luck moving her hands to catch herself. Meanwhile, he began to circle again, his chest moving steadily despite the emotions that he felt tightening around his heart. With a snarl, she rose herself off the floor before facing him again. After a tense pause, they leapt together again.

The exchange of blades was faster this time, both of them fuelled by equal parts anger and a need to justify their actions. Sparring spoke better than words. Todd appeared then in the doorway, flanked by Kenny. Fights were always interesting to observe regardless of who they were between, given how much aggression seemed to be a part of their society. Both of the superiors had their golden eyes fixed on the duo in the ring, following each movement carefully.
                        “They are well-matched.”
                        “She shows surprising agility for a hybrid. Then again, not many hybrids have a feeding slit either.”
                        “Let us watch and see.”

They spiralled apart, circling again seamlessly. He bore a gash over his cheek which was slowly knitting together again, and blood leaked from a puncture wound in her right shoulder, streaking black down her arm. Both had bruises by now as well, the painful colours fading as the pair watched. Phineas then discarded the blades, flinging them aside. She copied his movement, sending them spiralling into the doorframe. Kenny peered at the blade that had narrowly missed the shoulder pads on his coat, arching a ‘brow ridge up before turning his attention back. He briefly shared a glance with Todd in unspoken comment at this near miss. Both of them, unfortunately, turned their attention back just as her foot came up as she fell to smack Phineas directly in the prong region. A collective wince of sympathy came from the males in the room as the Hunter cupped his family jewels protectively. Even one of the drones looked a little off put at witnessing the strike. If there was one thing that seemed to be shared over the species barrier, that was it. As the pair moved eventually back to start again, the two silent witnesses left them to it.

Todd returned some hours later, after repeatedly trying and failing to get some sort of response from Phineas. He might not need to contact the Hunter for any serious reason at this point, but the lack of reaction did make him wonder. Striding into the arena, he was met with an amusing sight. Phineas was splayed out on his back, two elegantly curved swords abandoned point-down in the ground nearby. The hybrid had her had resting on his chest, her hand clinging to his jacket as though she’d been trying to use it to throw him around a little. Both were covered in various partially healed cuts and bruises, the scent of blood and damage in the air. Nothing serious mind, he soon assessed. Pulling a fur sheet out from a niche nearby, he then draped it over them both before leaving. All was well, and no spoken apology had needed to be done.

Comment

IV: Great chapters, it's good to see how IV and Phin's relationship is developing... and I think she sounds rather a handful

Comment

Hehe, thanks PA She eventually becomes a Hunter like him, then their relationship gets even worse "I got ten, how about you?" "I'm on nineteen!" (lord of the rings style, oh yeah)

Comment

Originally posted by IV View Post
                              Hehe, thanks PA She eventually becomes a Hunter like him, then their relationship gets even worse "I got ten, how about you?" "I'm on nineteen!" (lord of the rings style, oh yeah)
                              lol, I take it Phin's Gimli then

Comment

Yep It'd work even if it was the other way round, they're both highly competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X