Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post
    It is too flippin' hot in this hiveship!
    Holy Iratus bugs, that is expensive! The power company should have to fix it if they broke it. We just have a small window cooler in the master bedroom and aren't planning on getting central A/C because we just have a single-story house. Wal-Mart has some for just $99.

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
    Thank you and I'm glad to hear you are doing better. I hope you publish your mini fic to us. I'd love to read it.
    *agree!*

Comment

Thanks, Leeta and Orb. As soon as it's finished I'll post it on LJ and FF.net.
      Spoiler:
      It's a tiny bit on the naughty side and not WWA-related.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
        Thanks, Leeta and Orb. As soon as it's finished I'll post it on LJ and FF.net.
        Spoiler:
        It's a tiny bit on the naughty side and not WWA-related.
        That's just what I wanted to hear.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...osting-of-sigs

Has everybody seen this? There's an ongoing debate about links to fanfic, and we're not certain of the outcome.
          sigpic

Comment

Of course I see the necessity to reduce the strain on servers but I sincerely hope plain text links will remain allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
              Of course I see the necessity to reduce the strain on servers but I sincerely hope plain text links will remain allowed.
              Greg has just sorted this out.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...1#post12799111

Links should not be a problem as they just are text with a hyperlink to a remote location.

Once we put the change in place, these links will continue to function, however off-site linked dynamic/static images wont work.
              sigpic

Comment

Baggie just told me as well. That's fantastic news!

Comment

This is the comic I meant to post up a little while ago. I delayed in posting it because I thought the story might of been too silly. But I'm feeling brave now to post it. I hope you all like it and I will post it in the forum if it's ok to put a comic there. It's 9 pages of pictures featuring myself and the boys. I used the Sims 2 to create this story. It is read left to right and from top to bottom.

Brilliant! I really want to play The Sims again now.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm going to be cutting off my internet soon because I plan on going with another company. I fed up with the one I'm with now and the customer service is awful. I found I can get a better deal with someone else plus there call centres are in an English speaking country. So if I disappear for a short while it's because I'm changing over companies.

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                    Brilliant! I really want to play The Sims again now.
                    Thanks! You should. I prefer sims 2 over sims 3.

The new siggy rules: this is the only forum I've been to that allowed dynamic sig's so it's not a big deal for me if they change it to static and on GW only. It's a good idea anyway I think because there are certain sig's that slow down the forum for me.
                    The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

So if I disappear for a short while it's because I'm changing over companies.
                      I hope the turnover is quick and the new company is much better.

...I think because there are certain sig's that slow down the forum for me.
                      Sad, but true. It's more noticeable in the Fun and Games threads where you just want to jump in and out because you don't have posts to read while you wait for all the graphics to load.

Comment

Thank you. I called them and they said I need to give them a 4 week notice before they cut off the service. So I have 4 more weeks left with them.

Comment

Hope the new company is better, Leeta, and the turnover happens smoothly.

RE sigs: It's true, in the fun and games section it's often a bummer to have to wait for the pages to load.
                          Over at New Seasons and on the WWANON forum we can still have rotating siggies. Traffic isn't as high over there anyway so it doesn't cause as much of a lag as here.

Comment

Thank you DS! And yes, the lag is more noticeable in the fun & games section. I even put some user's graphics on 'ignore' when I using Firefox, but now I'm using Chrome and I can't figure out how to do it.

Comment

Good luck with the new company, Leeta! These phone/internet companies can be a right pain.

Once again, sorry for not being online in a while. As many promises as I make, RL always seems to jump in and attack me with a stick, halting my ability to venture online. Thanks to all of you who have offered the services of your Wraith boys on facebook Since no one from work is on GW, I can now safely tell you why I am so furious:

I'm not sure if you remember a few months back, the accommodation lady (who I have decided to nickname "Umbridge", because of her similarity to said HP character) tried to get me to live with the slimiest, dirtiest, least hygienic IT guy known to human kind? Well, apparently he's now moving into Tatnells (my "home"), which means that my permanency within said building is on tenterhooks. The staff accomodation at P.A. makes no logical sense. Those with full time positions (who are subsequently making double the amount I am) have security with their staff accomodation, whereas those who need it most are thrust out in the street! For example, in August I have had to part with $400 AU for peninsula accomodation because the ANU conference is coming to P.A. and need all the hostel space. Add petrol, lack of work and food and I'm in the red for this month. Furthermore, when summer comes, Kate and myself (as permanent guides) have less "right" to a room than the summer guides, which means I will probably have to share a room with slimy IT guy. I have tried to explain to "Umbridge" that guides (including summer guides) need their own space, and as adults were are entitled to our privacy. Furthermore, I have explained that I need to study for my masters, and cannot do so if I'm sharing a room, but she's as useless as they come. In fact, everyone in Admin at this place looks at the guiding staff as though we're the dirty scum around the rims of the toilet bowl. We are the lowest in the hierarchy here, yet we're the public face of this damned place!!! GRRRRRRR!

Sorry about the rant everyone. I desperately needed to do that. I am just so damned angry at the moment that I'm seriously contemplating resigning from this job after September (as opposed to next February). I did not go to Uni for four years to be treated like a child by a woman whose only qualification for her job is that she has spent her whole life living on the Peninsula.

*snuggles Tony*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
                                Sorry about the rant everyone. I desperately needed to do that.
                                If you are losing more money than you are earning, you need to get out of there! *sends hugs* Back in the 1800s, mining towns did that to workers here in the US because they owned all the food stores and housing and the workers didn't have cars and phones to be able to get jobs or move anywhere else: the debt kept them trapped.

I think you would be happier working in a more populated area with more opportunities, especially at a university.

Comment

Working...
                                X