Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
    Aww. That's wonderful. They're soon due, aren't they?
    Not until May so I'll have plenty of time to figure out the webcam.
    sigpic

Comment

As promised, finished pics to go with previous fics... I;ll try to put them into one post so it doesn't look like I'm spamming!

This one goes with "Getting Re-acquainted" and is TP and Spike:
      Spoiler:

This one goes with "Rendezous In Paris" and is Spike and Steve free-running:
      Spoiler:

This one goes with "Because You're You" and is TP and Seth:
      Spoiler:

And finally this one goes with "Spike's Early Christmas Present" and is the delightful trio that me and SW have started to call the 3 Ss - Steve, Seth and Spike:
      Spoiler:
      sigpic
      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Sorry to change the subject guys, wrote on the WDC post nearly a week ago that I was interested in joining and although I managed within about half an hour to think of the outline of a character I couldn't think how I'd get them in to the game world. I'll put the outline here and you can see what I mean:

My character is a worshipper as she is a Wraith/Human Hybrid, though not with the retro-virus. Character's father was a Wraith, mother his personal worshipper. Her father's genes are more predominant & as a result she looks more Wraith than human, (The only other thing I am a bit vague and could use some help on would be how the queen of my character's father's hive wouldn't find out about me as I know she could see it as a direct threat to her throne if I was allowed to grow up.)

(As you can probably tell I'm not very good at thinking up character names either, not ones that haven't been used before anyway, though I could use my own.)

She also has a Wraith. I thought I'd give some of the other boys a chance and he's got Shawn's body with Jimmy's hair, but still trying to think up a tat for him. He's never to be found in a really bad mood, though he does purr and growl alot.
        Last edited by Toddandrea; 07 December 2009, 01:53 PM.
        sigpic
        Thank you to Icarium for allowing me to use the above image.

Comment

Awesome pictures TP

Sounds like a cool character Toddandrea

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
            As promised, finished pics to go with previous fics... I;ll try to put them into one post so it doesn't look like I'm spamming!
            Have them all saved now.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
              Have them all saved now.
              Thanks *hug*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toddandrea View Post
                Sorry to change the subject guys, wrote on the WDC post nearly a week ago that I was interested in joining and although I managed within about half an hour to think of the outline of a character I couldn't think how I'd get them in to the game world. I'll put the outline here and you can see what I mean:

My character is a worshipper as she is a Wraith/Human Hybrid, though not with the retro-virus. Character's father was a Wraith, mother his personal worshipper. Her father's genes are more predominant & as a result she looks more Wraith than human, (The only other thing I am a bit vague and could use some help on would be how the queen of my character's father's hive wouldn't find out about me as I know she could see it as a direct threat to her throne if I was allowed to grow up.)

(As you can probably tell I'm not very good at thinking up character names either, not ones that haven't been used before anyway, though I could use my own.)

She also has a Wraith. I thought I'd give some of the other boys a chance and he's got Shawn's body with Jimmy's hair, but still trying to think up a tat for him. He's never to be found in a really bad mood, though he does purr and growl alot.
                She sounds very interesting. I like your character idea.
                Maybe, she is related to the Queen somehow (granddaughter or niece, heck, maybe even cousin), so she was allowed to live? Or the Queen was liberal and didn't mind? Or the queen actually encouraged natural hybrids on her hive to boost the hive's population?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
                  She sounds very interesting. I like your character idea.
                  Maybe, she is related to the Queen somehow (granddaughter or niece, heck, maybe even cousin), so she was allowed to live? Or the Queen was liberal and didn't mind? Or the queen actually encouraged natural hybrids on her hive to boost the hive's population?
                  Nearly midnight here so now off 2 bed thanks for the suggestion Mariellelita, I didn't think of the fact that her dad could be an offspring of the Queen's (or her sister).
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toddandrea View Post
                    Nearly midnight here so now off 2 bed thanks for the suggestion Mariellelita, I didn't think of the fact that her dad could be an offspring of the Queen's (or her sister).
                    You're welcome. Night.
                    sigpic

Comment

Here's the first of many one-shots/short fics which'll be uploaded into my FF account under the 'Wraith and Hybrid' title Tis hybrid me (IV) and Phineas.

Spoiler:

He hissed in displeasure as the humans left, returning inside the rough tent they’d abandoned while fleeing the planet. He’d been guarding it, so to speak. Much like a scientist will often watch the results of an experiment, so he had been watching to observe their reactions. Chaos, what fun! But one of them, a scientist or perhaps someone with knowledge of their language, had terminated the project and now, until the last of the signal had faded out, he was stuck here with no feasible way of contacting his Hive. Just great.

Stretching his back with a quiet sigh, he settled himself into a crouch at the entrance. For all he knew, he was the only one that hadn’t been shot. His partner on the job had been pegged by the one with the strange, lacklustre hairstyle – an ex runner perhaps? He’d certainly noticed the man enjoying himself more than the others at shooting his wraith-disguised teammates. Running a clawed hand through his hair, he was about to settle down when he heard a branch break nearby. No, they’d all gone through, he’d seen them leave. His demeanour instantly changed; the lazy waiter soon replaced by the spring-tense carefulness of the Hunter he was. Locating the rough direction of the noises, he began to near silently stalk towards it. Finally just when the noises began to settle, he raised himself up on his knees just enough to peer over the top of the log – far more cautious than his brethren, and far more willing to discover as much as he could about a situation before going in guns blazing. What he saw startled him.

What appeared to be a human female was crouched over the bodies of the team’s dead, left in a pile where they’d fallen. Her clothing was different though; certainly shabbier, as though it had been worn for a long time and the wearer was determined to get even longer out of what was left. Her hair was brown, tangled and matted but he could quite see her face. She, he presumed, may have been some sort of civilian judging by the apparent lack of bulky muscle that the military types tended to employ. Then he titled his head. She was placing her hand on the chest, over the feeding spot, and trying to get a response. He’d seen what the humans called CPR, and that certainly wasn’t it. As she raised her hand again, his golden eyes widened in surprise. A feeding slit. Now there was a surprise. He heard a whimper, likely from her, before she sat dejected on the ground. She appeared to be unarmed, what harm could happen?

Rising from his hiding place, he made his way down the slope steadily – he didn’t hide the sounds of his approach, but kept his hands firmly by his sides. While raising ones palms was a sign of submission among humans, it was an indication of aggression among his kind. She looked up at him, and he took a sharp intake of breath. Her skin was pale, like human flesh, but had the waxy pallor of those of wraithkind – she also bore the trademark facial slit on the left side, and from what he could see given her expression, her teeth ended in small, sharp points. Once her eyes met his, he noted that the left was blue, the right gold. It all fell into place. A hybrid, likely abandoned here when those called the Genii first began investigating the experiment. Based on what he knew of circulating rumours, she was the result of an experiment, a ******* spawn abandoned likely for her lack of military training. Approaching her slowly, Phineas then sank into a crouch to level his eyes with hers. She was young, he reasoned, but obviously not lacking in intelligence.

“What were you doing to him?” He jerked his head towards the body as he spoke, his voice calm.

“I was trying to... feed. I have not for over a month.”

Christ, that’s some willpower to last that long.

“Well, if you can wait a day or so longer, I’ll take you to my Hive. You can feed there.” To his surprise, her eyes widened before she shook her head rapidly.

“They won’t like me there.”

“We’ll deal with that when we get there. Come.”

He rose to his feet after that, striding partially back towards the path he’d taken to get from the hide before jerking his head in a beckoning gesture. Clearly the hunger soon outweighed any fear, and she was soon walking beside him. A scruffy wraithling that needed a damn good clean up and a weary Hunter. What on earth would his Queen say about this?

Comment

I really liked your fic - I had to keep reading to find out what happened! Good description, interesting characterisation and easy to read. Looking forward to finding out what happens next!

One teeny tiny, very minor gripe... "Christ" would probably be a meaningless term for a wraith and therefore unlikely to be used by one as an oath/curse.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's Brilliant, i've got to go as I'm on the free half hour I get each day at the local library but I'll have another not so rushed read when I'm back on my own comp tonight. (That's the only downside to working shifts in another town and not being able to drive, you have to get there so early, bus only runs every two hours.)
                          sigpic

Comment

@IV: Keep writing, that's an intriguing start and I want to know what happens next!

Comment

Originally posted by IV View Post
                              Awesome pictures TP
                              Thank you *hug*

Re our art trade: I've given up on the refs but have found a stance I think you'll like - I;m glad I didn't go down the romantic pose route now! (after reading your fic) I ought to have the base sketch or you by the weekend at the latest, then if you;re happy with it, I;ll paint it up the following week - you;ll get it in time for xmas!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post

This one goes with "Getting Re-acquainted" and is TP and Spike:
                                http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/j...acquainted.jpg

This one goes with "Rendezous In Paris" and is Spike and Steve free-running:
                                http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/j...4-7Parkour.jpg

This one goes with "Because You're You" and is TP and Seth:
                                http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/j...4-8Because.jpg

And finally this one goes with "Spike's Early Christmas Present" and is the delightful trio that me and SW have started to call the 3 Ss - Steve, Seth and Spike:
                                http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/j...t/S4-9Trio.jpg
                                GW won't let me green you so have big, fat, wraithy mental greens instead.

I especially like the pic with Spike and Steve free-running, it's very dynamic.

Comment

Working...
                                X