Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is rather long. I hadn;t intended it to be anything like that long, but it just grew and grew...

Glad you're enjoying it though
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
      It is rather long. I hadn;t intended it to be anything like that long, but it just grew and grew...

Glad you're enjoying it though
      From what I've read so far it's not the kind of story that could be told in a couple of pages.
      sigpic

Comment

Well done, TP, for getting back in the saddle. As 't'were... Very nice, and as romantic as I'd expect.
        sigpic

Comment

@ TP - have now finished it and Wow! The world through the eyes of a Wraith is brilliantly descriptive writing. I wasn't expecting the story to go the way it did - very imaginative and a beautiful ending.

Spoiler:
          A couple of things I noticed.

The straight lines and hard angles of such modern human architecture looked harsh, aggressive and welcoming, as I experienced it through him and felt how much it offended his sense of beauty.
          I think you made a typo there and it should be unwelcoming.

You've also got two chapter sevens - I noticed this when I did a browser find to resume reading from where I left off.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
            Well done, TP, for getting back in the saddle. As 't'were... Very nice, and as romantic as I'd expect.
            Gosh, I didn't expect you to read it, hon - it was looooong (you know what Todd's like once he gets going! )and I know you're busy. Getting back intot he saddle with our beloved Commander is something I am rathe rpleased about

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
            @ TP - have now finished it and Wow! The world through the eyes of a Wraith is brilliantly descriptive writing. I wasn't expecting the story to go the way it did - very imaginative and a beautiful ending.

Spoiler:
            A couple of things I noticed.

I think you made a typo there and it should be unwelcoming.

You've also got two chapter sevens - I noticed this when I did a browser find to resume reading from where I left off.
            Yep, there are more typos than that too... eg "Stick sucking on my fingers..." Should of course be "Still sucking on my fingers..."
            And no, there's nothing sexual about that scene!!! )
            It doesn't matter how many times you read it, you can never fully proofread your own work - simply because you've worked on it a lot, you just don't see them; your brian sees what it knows should be there rather than what really is there

Glad you both enjoyed it *hugs*
            sigpic

Comment

LOL! And that un-edited post shows just how many typos I managed to spot! So forgive the ones I missed!
              sigpic

Comment

It doesn't matter how many times you read it, you can never fully proofread your own work - simply because you've worked on it a lot, you just don't see them; your brian sees what it knows should be there rather than what really is there
                I know exactly what you mean. Back in the days when my friend and I run fanzines my friend said something like this in an editorial - "We think we've caught all the typos but when the zine's been printed they leap out thumbing their noses at us."

PS: I like the idea of having a brian.
                sigpic

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. Back in the days when my friend and I run fanzines my friend said something like this in an editorial - "We think we've caught all the typos but when the zine's been printed they leap out thumbing their noses at us."
                  Yep, it's an occupational hazard of editors - and it's usually always in 20pt font too!!!

PS: I like the idea of having a brian.

It's not quite as good as loving in a hive instead of living in one!
                  sigpic

Comment

It's not quite as good as loving in a hive instead of living in one!
                    Was that a Freudian slip?
                    sigpic

Comment

Todd & Steve: And exactly what else would you do in a hive anyway?
                      sigpic

Comment

Todd & Steve: And exactly what else would you do in a hive anyway?
                        Fred: There's skateboarding and water pistol combat.
                        sigpic

Comment

Steve: *facepalm*

Todd: Have patience, Fred is barely out of younglinghood... he'll appreciate the delights of worshippers more when he's a little older
                          sigpic

Comment

Last edited by rora'sPA; 06 May 2017, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Sold my house!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by isolde View Post
                                sold my house!
                                congratulations
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X