Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
    I can see your Google doc fine, C
    Are you still happy with the information for the COH? If so, we can use what we've already got.

And I've promised to regularly spam the WWANON forum with piccies to keep it active by way of doing my bit!
    Thanks. Will look forward to seeing them.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
      *sends hugs* Feel free to drop by on the OOC or CO hive whenever you want.
      Thanks very kind.
      Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
      Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

*Waves hello to Geeky*

Just got your message about Bob. I'll put him back for adoption tomorrow.
        sigpic

Comment

*waves back*
          That's great. Bob deserves the best.
          Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
          Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
            Are you still happy with the information for the COH? If so, we can use what we've already got.
            What we already have for the COH is good, thanks
            sigpic
            Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

What we already have for the COH is good, thanks
              I'll copy and paste that into the draft google document tomorrow. I'm too tired to do it tonight.
              sigpic

Comment

I'll copy and paste that into the draft google document tomorrow. I'm too tired to do it tonight.
                No problem - you and DS have been working very hard this week and I'm sure it is (and will be) appreciated.

I very much like the idea you came up with of stating from the off that the WWA is different from other RPGs and is for people who are busy or have health problems and can;t always get on to take part in complicated plots.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Game discussion point

Putting NPC next to unadopted characters in the character guide could cause confusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-player_character

A non-player character (NPC), sometimes known as a non-person character or non-playable character, in a game is any fictional character not controlled by a player. In electronic games, this usually means a character controlled by the computer through artificial intelligence. In traditional tabletop role-playing games, the term applies to characters controlled by the gamemaster. (Though they are a participant in the game, a gamemaster is usually not referred to by the technical term "player".)
                  Suggestion.

We don't put anything next to characters in the 'WWA Character and Character Owner Guides' who aren't adopted by anyone. We also say that any character without an owner's name next to him/her is up for adoption. We could then get rid of the up for adoption list.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've been working on the introduction but have now gone brain dead when trying to define what worshippers are in our game world.

Post 2 has two long paragraphs under the headings of

What is a Worshipper?

What does the word 'Worshipping' mean in the Character Owners Guide?

We don't need all that information about Kenny's coffee empire any more. We're also simplifying the Borrowing/Worshipping rules so the second paragraph needs changing too.

Any suggestions?

DRAFT DOCUMENT FOR WORKING OUT NEW RULES

I suggest that everyone bookmarks the document to save us posting in the link each time we report we've done something with it.
                    Last edited by ciannwn; 17 November 2011, 02:38 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Last edited by rora'sPA; 06 May 2017, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rora'sPA View Post
                        I think for the ease of new players we should keep the adoption list, or maybe I could create a list with pics, a bit like the one Orb did, so people can see at a glance if the Wraith they like is available or not?
                        Our own ease is of prime importance here. DS has very little spare time now, you often get tired after a few minutes on the computer and I'm in considerable discomfort on good days and a lot of pain on bad days so I can't do much either. An adoption list with pics is a nice idea but it means updating the WWANON version when characters are added or removed and then doing the same with the backup.

We've got pics of all the Wraith in these lists on the Wraith Defenders Club Wraith Project.

https://sites.google.com/site/wraith...ith-and-actors

https://sites.google.com/site/wraith...t/other-wraith

What we could do is put links to the pics in the 'WWA Character and Character Owner Guides'. Any new player can then check the list for Wraith without registered owners and click the Wraiths' name links for pics.

Originally posted by rora'sPA View Post
                        Hmm, the term Worshipper has various meanings here, really. There are those who respect the Wraith and like to work with or alongside them, there are those who have friendly relations with particular Wraith, and there are those who have 'relationships' with particular Wraith. However, I would suggest that you add something about the fact that as long as people are Wraith-friendly and simply want to interact with Wraith more that they too would be welcome. - as long as they can cope with our 'relaxed' rules
                        I'm still brain dead when it comes to writing something out.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've just succeeded in turning Akasha's name into a link on the WWANON forum. It will take a while to add pics to everyone but we might as well do it on this list of characters rather than on a second list of characters.
                          sigpic

Comment

Game discussion point

Putting NPC next to unadopted characters in the character guide could cause confusion.

We don't put anything next to characters in the 'WWA Character and Character Owner Guides' who aren't adopted by anyone. We also say that any character without an owner's name next to him/her is up for adoption. We could then get rid of the up for adoption list.
                            This is a good idea. I've also thought of getting rid of the 'up for adoption' list and this is a good solution. The less we have to keep updated, the better.

What is a Worshipper?
                            I've tried to boil it down to just a few senteces and have added it to the google doc:

Worshippers
                            In SGA, Wraith Worshippers are humans who serve the Wraith in a variety of ways and this aspect is now very much a part of the game along with the original approach. The term ‘worshipper’ can have many meanings, ranging from being a Wraith’s servant or buddy to being his/her lover.

What we could do is put links to the pics in the 'WWA Character and Character Owner Guides'. Any new player can then check the list for Wraith without registered owners and click the Wraiths' name links for pics.
                            Or maybe even put a picture for the character in spoilers directly in the guides. This would make things for the reader even more easy.
                            I'd volunteer to size all the piccies down on Photoshop to make the list manageable for every browser to load.

Comment

Worshippers
                              In SGA, Wraith Worshippers are humans who serve the Wraith in a variety of ways and this aspect is now very much a part of the game along with the original approach. The term ‘worshipper’ can have many meanings, ranging from being a Wraith’s servant or buddy to being his/her lover.
                              That will do nicely. We could just add Do not hug, cuddle or kiss somebody's adopted Wraith without their owner's permission to the rules. We could also say that cuddling Kit is the exception because he's a toddler.

Or maybe even put a picture for the character in spoilers directly in the guides. This would make things for the reader even more easy.
                              I'd volunteer to size all the piccies down on Photoshop to make the list manageable for every browser to load.
                              It would make every post in the guide very long because the spoiler tags would appear beneath each character's entry. I'd hate to wade through something like -

Akasha entry
                              spoiler tags

Alec entry
                              spoiler tags

Antoine entry

Archimedes entry
                              spoiler tags

Astor entry
                              spoiler tags

and so on.

I'm sure any new player would be capable of clicking on name links because all the SGA Wraith are labelled as such. The pics will be the ones used in the WDC Wraith project so they won't need resizing and uploading somewhere else.
                              sigpic

Comment

Inactive Characters List suggestion.

http://wwanon.freeforums.org/wwa-ina...-list-t45.html

The introduction reads -

Any characters or player alter-egos who haven't been RPd for 3 months or more are here. They can be re-introduced to the game Guides if the players return or the characters are played or re-adopted.
                                This can be reworded when we decide what counts as an inactive character now.

The only people ever likely to look at this list are acting GMs - I honestly can't see any new players wanting to see what's on it. We could, therefore, delete all the entries on WWANON and just put a link to the backup google document which is made available for anyone to view. I wouldn't recommend this method for everything else just in case google documents goes down just as somebody needs the records. It wouldn't be a big disaster, though, if the Inactive Character List was unavailable for 5 to 10 minutes. (Google is very quick to sort out their server hiccups)

Advantages - just one document to update instead of a WWANON post as well.

Discussion

Should Mar's characters be transferred to the inactive list now? (Mar, Chris and anyone else related to the coffee plots)
                                Last edited by ciannwn; 17 November 2011, 06:33 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X