Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next mini-fic in the Seth series from TP's hive...

Seth starts to feel some disturbing emotions when he's around TP...

Spoiler:
    Green-eyed Wraith

“Seth, have you seen Steve?”
    TP enters the chair room and when she speaks her question startles Seth. He had been calibrating the controls between this upper deck bridge and the one on the lower deck, enjoying the peace and quiet in the early morning before most of the worshippers are awake.
    “Seth?” TP walks up close to Seth, making him feel quite uncomfortable with her nearness. “Sorry to bother you when you’re working,” she says.
    “No, no bother at all. I was just…” he tails off, flustered and not knowing what else to say.
    “Have you seen Steve today?”
    “No. I would have thought he was with you.” For some inexplicable reason the thought of them together sets his teeth on edge.
    “No, he’s been with SW for a while but she says he went off-hive this morning to supervise a cull. Aren’t they back yet?”
    “No, not yet.”
    The worried frown on TP’s brow makes Seth feel oddly protective and for a fleeting moment he has the most ridiculous image in his mind of comforting her in his arms. He shakes his head to rid himself of it.
    “A cull at this time of the day – when the humans are still asleep – it doesn’t usually take this long, does it?” TP asks again.
    Her obvious concern for Steve creates confusing feelings within Seth. On the one hand he’s jealous of him, this other wraith with the kind of looks and style that he could never hope to compete with. On the other hand his safety is important to TP and for some strange reason that makes it important to Seth, too.
    “I have not received any distress signal from them, my queen, so I am certain he is alright,” Seth tries to reassure her.
    “I know he’s alright,” TP replies kindly, recognising Seth’s attempt at reassurance, “If he was hurt or injured I would know, I would feel it.” A twinge of jealousy flashes through Seth’s mind. Would she know if something happened to me, he finds himself wondering? “But something is wrong, Seth. He’s been away too long…”
    “Let me check for you,” Seth says, moving over to the comms console. He opens a channel and sends a signal to the cruiser that Steve had taken out early this morning. Nothing. The channel is open but dead. He tries a few other frequencies but gets nothing. “It would appear their communications are down,” he says casually, trying not to alarm TP. “I will send a squadron of darts down to the planet to find out why.”
    “Thank you Seth, I appreciate that,” TP says, making him feel ludicrously pleased. “I have to go to work now. Todd is coming with me, so will you send a message to him when you know what’s happening with Steve?”
    Seth feels so disappointed he’s almost bereft; recently he takes every opportunity he can to engage in telepathic contact with TP. Telepathy with a human feels curiously intimate in a way it never seems to be with another wraith. He wonders if it would be insubordinate of him to by-pass Todd and send the telepathic message directly to TP anyway.
    “Of course,” he says, then rashly adds, “I could contact you directly, my queen…”
    “That would be fine,” she replies casually as she leaves the room, “Whichever you prefer.”
    Seth grits his teeth as he mentally berates himself for even thinking that she might actually want him to connect directly with her rather than through Todd, as if it even mattered to her. The only thing that matters to her right now is finding out what’s happened to Steve. With that in mind, he sets aside his calibrations and signals the darts, making finding Steve his own priority for the time being.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post

Spoiler:
      Green-eyed Wraith

TP enters the chair room and when she speaks her question startles Seth. He had been calibrating the controls between this upper deck bridge and the one on the lower deck, enjoying the peace and quiet in the early morning before most of the worshippers are awake.
      “Seth?” TP walks up close to Seth, making him feel quite uncomfortable with her nearness. “Sorry to bother you when you’re working,” she says.
      “No, no bother at all. I was just…” he tails off, flustered and not knowing what else to say.
      “No. I would have thought he was with you.” For some inexplicable reason the thought of them together sets his teeth on edge.
      “No, he’s been with SW for a while but she says he went off-hive this morning to supervise a cull. Aren’t they back yet?”
      “No, not yet.”
      The worried frown on TP’s brow makes Seth feel oddly protective and for a fleeting moment he has the most ridiculous image in his mind of comforting her in his arms. He shakes his head to rid himself of it.
      “A cull at this time of the day – when the humans are still asleep – it doesn’t usually take this long, does it?” TP asks again.
      Her obvious concern for Steve creates confusing feelings within Seth. On the one hand he’s jealous of him, this other wraith with the kind of looks and style that he could never hope to compete with. On the other hand his safety is important to TP and for some strange reason that makes it important to Seth, too.
      “I have not received any distress signal from them, my queen, so I am certain he is alright,” Seth tries to reassure her.
      “I know he’s alright,” TP replies kindly, recognising Seth’s attempt at reassurance, “If he was hurt or injured I would know, I would feel it.” A twinge of jealousy flashes through Seth’s mind. Would she know if something happened to me, he finds himself wondering? “But something is wrong, Seth. He’s been away too long…”
      “Let me check for you,” Seth says, moving over to the comms console. He opens a channel and sends a signal to the cruiser that Steve had taken out early this morning. Nothing. The channel is open but dead. He tries a few other frequencies but gets nothing. “It would appear their communications are down,” he says casually, trying not to alarm TP. “I will send a squadron of darts down to the planet to find out why.”
      “Thank you Seth, I appreciate that,” TP says, making him feel ludicrously pleased. “I have to go to work now. Todd is coming with me, so will you send a message to him when you know what’s happening with Steve?”
      Seth feels so disappointed he’s almost bereft; recently he takes every opportunity he can to engage in telepathic contact with TP. Telepathy with a human feels curiously intimate in a way it never seems to be with another wraith. He wonders if it would be insubordinate of him to by-pass Todd and send the telepathic message directly to TP anyway.
      “Of course,” he says, then rashly adds, “I could contact you directly, my queen…”
      “That would be fine,” she replies casually as she leaves the room, “Whichever you prefer.”
      Seth grits his teeth as he mentally berates himself for even thinking that she might actually want him to connect directly with her rather than through Todd, as if it even mattered to her. The only thing that matters to her right now is finding out what’s happened to Steve. With that in mind, he sets aside his calibrations and signals the darts, making finding Steve his own priority for the time being.
      Nice fic, TP. Poor Seth, he just wants some lovin'.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
        Boris thought Jurassic Park was more his style.

Spoiler:
        I don't know how I missed this.

The dino better watch out!
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          Green-eyed Wraith

“No, not yet.”
          Things are really looking intersting with Seth... more soon?
          If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
          sigpic

Comment

I love the fic, TP. But what happened to Steve?

Comment

Well... since you're all such good little worshippers... here's the next part...

TP realises just what Steve means to her and how understanding Todd is:

Spoiler:
              Golden-eyed Boy

TP sits at her workstation, clock watching. Todd has been watching her all morning and sees all the tiny little tell-tale signs of stress… the way she sucks on her little finger, taps her nails on the side of the keyboard, drinks too much coffee… he notices how she pinches the bridge of her nose in exactly the same way Steve does when he’s worried or irritated.
              Todd sits up on top of the filing cabinets where he has the vantage point of height. There he passes the time flicking paper clips and rubber bands at TP’s colleagues. Their startled looks when they glance up and see nothing doesn’t entertain him for long – especially when he can see his Snuggle Bunny is fretting.
              He jumps down, walks over to her desk and hunkers down at her side. “He’s fine,” he whispers in her ear.
              “I know he’s fine!” she says sharply then, sighing, she adds, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to snap.”
              “That’s okay,” Todd says soothingly. “It’ll be some kind of technical malfunction, that’s all. He’ll be home before you tonight, you’ll see.”

Todd is now sitting at the empty desk opposite TP, watching her over the top of the computer monitors. Suddenly she looks up and stares into space, tilting her head as though listening to something. He tunes in and hears Seth speaking to her.
              “I have contacted the cruiser, my Queen. There was a computer downloading error that took out all of their systems…”
              “The computer crashed?” TP says out loud, annoyed and irritated.
              Her desk neighbour looks sideways at her and says, “Again? You’re not having much luck with that terminal of yours, are you?”
              TP turns to look at her colleague distractedly. “What? Oh… yes… damned thing took a nose-dive again…” she says and deftly flicks the reset button on her monitor so it looks like her own computer has crashed.
              Todd grins in amusement and listens in on the rest of Seth’s report.
              “Three trainee officers were attempting to rectify the situation but instead created a loop that put them at risk of losing the whole cargo,” Seth went on inside TP’s head, “The cruiser commander, the one you call Steve, took over and managed to by-pass the failed systems. But in doing so, he took a massive electric shock and lost consciousness for several hours before self-healing.” Todd detects a slight frisson of irritation in Seth’s tone when he talks of Steve, missed by TP in her concern. “That is why you were unable to make contact with him. He is fine now, and waiting for you on your hive, my Queen.”

Todd sees her staring at the clock and can tell that she’s willing the hands to move faster, pushing them toward 5pm. The instant they do, she throws her computer into shut down and leaps toward the door. This time she doesn’t complain about having to jog to keep up with Todd’s long, easy stride – in fact he has to quicken his pace to keep up with her!
              TP usually throws her tiny car around corners and drives like a racer and Todd doesn’t complain because he knows she’s a competent driver. But tonight she’s focused on something other than driving. He puts his hand on her arm and says gently, “Don’t give him cause to worry about you now… twenty minutes or twenty five, it doesn’t matter…”
              TP turns and smiles at Todd, then takes a deep breath. “You’re right.”
              “Naturally,” Todd says with a wry grin. The comment makes TP laugh, dissipating all the pent-up worry of the day. She relaxes into a normal drive the rest of the way home.

When they get there she doesn’t even hesitate, taking the stairs two at a time and running straight through the mini star gate in her flat to her own hive. Todd strides along the corridor to the worshippers’ communal lounge, smiling as he watches TP fly along ahead of him, bits of her hair already falling out of the clasp that had held it up all day.
              TP runs straight past SW to Steve, who’s waiting in one of the recliners.
              “Were you worried about me, Princess?” he smiles as he wraps her in his arms. He pulls the clasp from her hair, letting the rest of it tumble around their shoulders, her deep red falling in stark contrast against his white.
              SW looks between TP and Todd and says, “I take it she’s happy to see him, then?”
              “She had to see for herself that her golden-eyed boy is safe,” Todd explains to SW, smiling indulgently at the two of them for a moment. Then he turns to SW and gives her a smile that melts her down to her toes. “And what about you, Starry-Eyes? How was your day?”
              sigpic

Comment

Love this one too. I'm really enjoying the TP hive series and am now eager to know what happens next.

I've got it saved ready for the website along with where it should go in the story order and the plot summary.

Am now off for an hour now because I have a phone call soon.
                sigpic

Comment

Well... since you're all such good little worshippers... here's the next part...

Spoiler:
                  Golden-eyed Boy

TP sits at her workstation, clock watching. Todd has been watching her all morning and sees all the tiny little tell-tale signs of stress… the way she sucks on her little finger, taps her nails on the side of the keyboard, drinks too much coffee… he notices how she pinches the bridge of her nose in exactly the same way Steve does when he’s worried or irritated.
                  Todd sits up on top of the filing cabinets where he has the vantage point of height. There he passes the time flicking paper clips and rubber bands at TP’s colleagues. Their startled looks when they glance up and see nothing doesn’t entertain him for long – especially when he can see his Snuggle Bunny is fretting.
                  He jumps down, walks over to her desk and hunkers down at her side. “He’s fine,” he whispers in her ear.
                  “I know he’s fine!” she says sharply then, sighing, she adds, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to snap.”
                  “That’s okay,” Todd says soothingly. “It’ll be some kind of technical malfunction, that’s all. He’ll be home before you tonight, you’ll see.”

Todd is now sitting at the empty desk opposite TP, watching her over the top of the computer monitors. Suddenly she looks up and stares into space, tilting her head as though listening to something. He tunes in and hears Seth speaking to her.
                  “I have contacted the cruiser, my Queen. There was a computer downloading error that took out all of their systems…”
                  Her desk neighbour looks sideways at her and says, “Again? You’re not having much luck with that terminal of yours, are you?”
                  TP turns to look at her colleague distractedly. “What? Oh… yes… damned thing took a nose-dive again…” she says and deftly flicks the reset button on her monitor so it looks like her own computer has crashed.
                  “Three trainee officers were attempting to rectify the situation but instead created a loop that put them at risk of losing the whole cargo,” Seth went on inside TP’s head, “The cruiser commander, the one you call Steve, took over and managed to by-pass the failed systems. But in doing so, he took a massive electric shock and lost consciousness for several hours before self-healing.” Todd detects a slight frisson of irritation in Seth’s tone when he talks of Steve, missed by TP in her concern. “That is why you were unable to make contact with him. He is fine now, and waiting for you on your hive, my Queen.”

Todd sees her staring at the clock and can tell that she’s willing the hands to move faster, pushing them toward 5pm. The instant they do, she throws her computer into shut down and leaps toward the door. This time she doesn’t complain about having to jog to keep up with Todd’s long, easy stride – in fact he has to quicken his pace to keep up with her!
                  TP usually throws her tiny car around corners and drives like a racer and Todd doesn’t complain because he knows she’s a competent driver. But tonight she’s focused on something other than driving. He puts his hand on her arm and says gently, “Don’t give him cause to worry about you now… twenty minutes or twenty five, it doesn’t matter…”
                  “Naturally,” Todd says with a wry grin. The comment makes TP laugh, dissipating all the pent-up worry of the day. She relaxes into a normal drive the rest of the way home.

When they get there she doesn’t even hesitate, taking the stairs two at a time and running straight through the mini star gate in her flat to her own hive. Todd strides along the corridor to the worshippers’ communal lounge, smiling as he watches TP fly along ahead of him, bits of her hair already falling out of the clasp that had held it up all day.
                  “Were you worried about me, Princess?” he smiles as he wraps her in his arms. He pulls the clasp from her hair, letting the rest of it tumble around their shoulders, her deep red falling in stark contrast against his white.
                  SW looks between TP and Todd and says, “I take it she’s happy to see him, then?”
                  “She had to see for herself that her golden-eyed boy is safe,” Todd explains to SW, smiling indulgently at the two of them for a moment. Then he turns to SW and gives her a smile that melts her down to her toes. “And what about you, Starry-Eyes? How was your day?”
                  Aww... I hope Steve realises how much you care for him. Todd is wonderfully patient and understanding as well
                  If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                  sigpic

Comment

Phew! Steve is fine. I'm relieved. Keep the stories coming, TP.

Have to leave for a bit, see you later.

Comment

[SPOILERS]Golden-eyed Boy
                      I'm really getting to like Todd a lot in this series.

Have got this one saved as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Green-eyed Wraith

“No, not yet.”

Spoiler:
                        Golden-eyed Boy

Love them TP, keem 'em coming I espeically like the little hints about Seth, he's really developing as a character now, and it's nice to see a few more subtle details to Steve and Todd too

Comment

Thank you so much everyone, I'm so pleased you're enjoyng them! I;m really having a lot of fun writing them and - like Todd and his stun stick! - I have plenty more up my sleeve!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank you so much everyone, I'm so pleased you're enjoyng them! I;m really having a lot of fun writing them and - like Todd and his stun stick! - I have plenty more up my sleeve!
                            LOL! Apologies but I just have to add this:

Comment

Originally posted by PleiadesAltariel View Post
                              LOL! Apologies but I just have to add this:
                              Eddie: Someone call for me?
                              sigpic
                              Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Good night guys
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...