Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fandom Addict View Post
    I'll have to do the same as Addict, with my neice and nephew when they are older! Luckily my sister likes Stargate anyway.

I don't have any pictures up, but I do have a few pics of Spike tucked away somewhere. The boyfriend isn't really bothered, not that he really knows what goes on here. >.> He recognises some of the wraith (Todd and Spike) as he watches the occasional SGA episodes now and then.

What happened there?

We were the smae. I grew up watching Star Wars and Star Trek and even Stargate to some degree. I remember sitting on my mum's knee and watching the original film when it first came out!

My parentals brought me up on a good diet of sci-fi. In fact, the first picture book I ever wrote/drew (when I was five or six) was about Data. Let's just say I've been writing fanfic and doing fanart for as long as I can remember
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
      My parentals brought me up on a good diet of sci-fi. In fact, the first picture book I ever wrote/drew (when I was five or six) was about Data. Let's just say I've been writing fanfic and doing fanart for as long as I can remember
      One of the first books I ever had was a comic-type one on Star Trek. Don't ask why I was brought it since I couldn't read at the time, but I think I just look at the pictures and made my own story up. It was called Star Trek: The Modala Imperative.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandom Addict View Post
        What happened there?
        It happened when he was much smaller; he was about a year old and he saw a picture of a Wraith (I think it was Steve) and he instantly said 'Dad' because it was the only word he knew for 'man'. It brought some interesting associations to my mind.

Same here! I've always done fanart as well. I've never thought of it that way!

Comment

You all sound great - I wish I'd had your upbringings! I'm the black sheep of my family... the outcaste rogue Wraith Worshipper! LOL
          None of my family - parents, sister, cousins, son, hubby - no one but me is into sci-fi, horror, Wraith, vamps or elves! Pooh! Philistines every one of them! LOL

Mr TP however is at least tolerant of my "weirding ways"!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
            It happened when he was much smaller; he was about a year old and he saw a picture of a Wraith (I think it was Steve) and he instantly said 'Dad' because it was the only word he knew for 'man'. It brought some interesting associations to my mind.

*to Steve* Steeeeve... is there something you'd like to get off your chest Confession is good for the soul, babe!

*to DS* I'd thought it was Todd - but that would explain why DS JUnior is sooooo cute and loveable! LOL
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post

*to Steve* Steeeeve... is there something you'd like to get off your chest Confession is good for the soul, babe!

*to DS* I'd thought it was Todd - but that would explain why DS JUnior is sooooo cute and loveable! LOL
              Rhys: *glares* Indeed... is there something you want to talk about, my worshipper?

Don't worry, there is nothing between Steve and me. It was just pure coincidence it was a picture of Steve, it could have been a random piccie of any Wraith and DS junior would've said 'dad'.

Comment

My dad loved Star Trek the original and The Next Generation. I remember him tuning in every week and I was actually excited to watch the episode where Picard was kidnapped by the borg. I thought they were kind of scary back then. He was also a big fan of the original Doctor Who. I thought the dalek's were scary too.

You might be thinking of my daughter. She called Todd 'Dad'.
                The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

My son was brought up on Star Trek and is now a science fiction fan. I think he intends to get my granddaughter interested when she's old enough.
                  sigpic

Comment

Rhys: *glares* Indeed... is there something you want to talk about, my worshipper?

Don't worry, there is nothing between Steve and me. It was just pure coincidence it was a picture of Steve, it could have been a random piccie of any Wraith and DS junior would've said 'dad'.

I think that makes it worse, sweetie! LOL

STeve: Indeed! Now that I would have expected to come from TP Junior!

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                    You might be thinking of my daughter. She called Todd 'Dad'.
                    Our beloved Commander certainly gets around!

Todd: I have to seed the worshipper gene pool with my superior DNA
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                      My son was brought up on Star Trek and is now a science fiction fan. I think he intends to get my granddaughter interested when she's old enough.
                      Todd: *passes drone plushie to Boris for C's grandaughter* Ah, yes - the future of Worshippers is ensured
                      sigpic

Comment

I think that makes it worse, sweetie! LOL

STeve: Indeed! Now that I would have expected to come from TP Junior!
                        Oh dang! Now I know why my boys kept glaring at me all day long! It wasn't meant that way!!!

Comment

Oh dang! Now I know why my boys kept glaring at me all day long! It wasn't meant that way!!!
                          ROTFLMAO! I bet you'll have fun reassuring them both, though!
                          sigpic

Comment

Addicted-to-Steve: Love the mini shackles! : Looks Like Steve plushie is settling in well

Leeta: Welcome to the Kindle Club

Regarding various people's families bringing them up on scifi, I had no real interest in it until a few years ago. I was more of a LOTR/fantasy fan, but i started watching SG1 when it first came out because the Goa'uld were based on the Egyptians (who I'm obsessed with) When SGA came out my dad watched it but i thought I couldn't be bothered getting into a new series... boy was I wrong I happened to have nothing to do on the night when one of Todd's eps was on. I saw it and thought I was slightly worried that I was attracted to a green vampiric alien, but the more i saw of the Wraith the more I loved them... especially Kenny Then I got the DVDs and watched the show from ep 1 and realised just how much green hawtness I'd missed out on
                            Craig: And the rest, as they say, is history

Comment

Nobody in my family loves sci-fi like me. My Mom and Dad didn`t watch sci-fi. I started watching with my sister by myself in childhood. Of course I watched others shows too, and many movies. My first sci-fi was Star Trek and some movies like Star Wars, Predator, Alien, Blade Runner, Planet of the Apes, Sexmission ( cult Polish comedy science fiction action film http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexmission ).
                              sigpic

Comment

My first introduction to science fiction was the BBC radio programme 'Journey Into Space'. My parents listened to it and I did as well when I wasn't scared by what was going on. But then, I was only little at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_into_Space
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X