No announcement yet.

Hallways, Staircases and Elevators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrie sighed, took the offered hand and stood, “Like I said Josh; you’re good with people… I’m sure you’d make a great negotiator. Afraid of needles or not.”
    She shrugged, flashed him a grin and then gave him a tight hug, “Take care, will you? I'd really hate to find you in a bed down stairs, you hear that?”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

<<Between Here and There!>>

Josh blushed slightly, taking compliments was never a strength of his. Then came her grin, she had a talent of disarming one with it. He was about to tell her so when she caught him totally off guard. Feeling his friends arms wrapped tightly around him, he was rather awkward at first. Ack McGregor! Tad bit out of practice.

The hug actually took him back home. For a moment the wonderful sounds and smells of Scotland flashed before him. Josh had a notorious reputation for being a man of touch. It had been something he had had to overcome in the military. There wasn't much of that in this man's army. Not that he didn't understand the reasoning. It was just a challenge point for him. He finally cleared his mind enough to properly return the hug.

"Me take care, you are stealing my thunder. I am here to see you off." He returned the grin, "What's wrong with the beds downstairs. I recall spending the night in one just the other day. I slept just fine." The strength of his accent gave away his attempt to hide his emotion.

He took both of her hands in his and gave her a serious, intense look, "You ma dear be safe. Have a great time of it. Just use that charming grin of yours and they will be giving you the key to the planet. Give away too many of those hugs and I will be traveling off world for a wedding." Returning the grin along with a wink.

sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Carrie slowly shook her head as the smile on her face turned a bit sad, “You know I won’t Josh. That was once in a life time for me.”
        She took a deep breath to sober up, released her hands and gave him a nod and a grin, this one actually reaching up to her eyes “I’d better get back to that meeting before they come searching me. See you when I get back then,” and started walking down the hall towards the Briefing room, but suddenly stopped and turned towards him, “Josh; put in a good word for us next time you talk to your boss, will you? We’ll probably need all the help we can get…”
        She gave him a shy smile and then turned around the corner and hurried out of sight before he’d had a chance to reply.

Comment

<<Between Here and There!>>

Feeling a bit of guilt in his belly. His desire certainly had not been to resurface painful memories for Carrie. He watched as she darted off on him. He had the urge to yell chicken after her. Instead he grinned as his head gave a little shake. Happy to see her heading back into the fray.

McGregor hit his radio to give Corey a buzz, "Sullivan? All done here. Any word on lunch?" There was a small grumble from his empty stomach. He did just as the Doctor had ordered while he waited. There was always time to squeeze in a few words with his BOSS.

Last edited by aintright; 22 April 2010, 07:48 PM.
          sigpic
          SCORE!!

Comment

<<Emma Grace LuBan ~ Bye, Bye, DOC ... sniff!!>>

Emma was lost in no particular thought. She had exited in the opposite direction to which she had arrived. No specific objective in mind. A good chance to gain her bearings of what was apparently becoming home sweet home. Second guessing the wisdom in her visit to the gate room. It had been too soon. Finding herself outside the door of the linguistics lab she caught a glimpse of Timmo sitting what appeared at first glance to be alone. With a grin she made a small nod and wondered what he was doing sitting facing the doorway as he was.

Placing a hand on the door knob as she took a closer look. There was Doc with his head stuck in a book. Although furious with the man, LuBan couldn't help but snicker. Once a geek, always a geek. You could give him a pretty face and a mag cover do but, still a geek at heart. The new discovery gave cause for hesitation and a reconsideration of an uninvited visitation.

teehee!!

((outside linguistics lab))
            sigpic
            SCORE!!

Comment

<<Neither Here Nor There!>>

McGregor grinned knowing Sullivan would have it all in place. Reaching behind his back as he thought that he really needed to review his notes. Making a scrunchy face as he could hear his Scoutmaster in the background reminding him that an Eagle Scout is always prepared. His hand struck gold as he found his handy dandy notebook. With a jovial tone Josh responded, "Most excellent Master Corey. Glad to know you will be fed. We know how grumpy you be when you are food deprived." Still grinning as he poked mischievously. "I will look for you there in thirty." They both knew Corey would be on his way immediately and McGregor on the other hand would most likely be at least five minutes late.

Last edited by aintright; 26 April 2010, 10:44 AM.
              sigpic
              SCORE!!

Comment

<<via radio>>

"I'll be there to herald your arrival, sir. Though I think we'll spare the trumpets."
                "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<Serious Stuff Here!>>

Closing the journal, his thoughts were now arranged. His notes gathered into a clear line of questions. Stretching out those tightened muscles. Josh was up from his spot on the hallway floor. There hadn't been time to seek out a room and the hall had been amazingly empty. Until the radio came alive with a call for help.

Sucking in a deep breath McGregor began immediately sending off requests for divine intervention. He was moving at a steady run pace to the gateroom, "Did you catch that Sullivan? Looks like that eating date will have to be once again delayed. I imagine the General will beat me there anyways." Realizing he had become turned about in the rush. Wrong base. Standing at the entrance to the General's office, "No need to inform the General's assistant, I have that covered. Meet you in the infirmary."

Looking at Perris from inside the door, "I seem to be turned about, can I get there through here?" His frustration with himself was written all over his face.

Last edited by aintright; 18 June 2010, 01:30 PM.
                  sigpic
                  SCORE!!

Comment

<<Serious Stuff Here!>>

Closing the journal, his thoughts were now arranged. His notes gathered into a clear line of questions. Stretching out those tightened muscles. Josh was up from his spot on the hallway floor. There hadn't been time to seek out a room and the hall had been amazingly empty. Its silence broken by the radio which had just come alive with a call for help.

Sucking in a deep breath McGregor began immediately sending off requests for divine intervention. He was moving at a steady run pace to the gateroom, "Did you catch that Sullivan? Looks like that eating date will have to be once again delayed. I imagine the General will beat me there anyways." Realizing he had become turned about in the rush. Wrong base. Standing at the entrance to the General's office, "No need to inform the General's assistant, I have that covered. Meet you in the infirmary."

Looking at Perris from outside the door as he did a bit of the huff and puff, "I seem to be turned about, can I get there through here?" His frustration with himself was written all over his face.

Last edited by aintright; 05 May 2010, 07:18 AM.
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!

Comment

>> From the gate room >>

< Level 3, Hallway towards the elevators >

With a few long strides he caught up with Nick and Robert, placing himself at the opposite side of Nick, half a stride after and to the right of his patient to be able to intervene if necessary, but letting the two talk without any interruption.

Gus almost stopped dead in his tracks as he thought of the small female major, almost half his size.
                      ‘Jen captured? Oh God! No wonder he wanted to see Nick right away...’ In the general emergency in the gate room he'd never made areal head count for the team, never thinking that they were actually missing their CO...

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        His stubborn stand suddenly came to an end with the general. Now he just needed to relate the essentials, weed out the extraneous, go with the Cliffs Notes.

Even as Aaronson took hold of his arm, which he reluctantly allowed, Robert was already talking fast. "Someone sold us out, sir. It couldn't have been coincidence. Hera's forces, they wanted us."

He was being sheperded off to the infirmary now. "They got Major Stevens." As almost an afterthought, he delved into Ak'nar's assistance. "There was Smyrna's militia, though, they were going to try to rescue her. But I don't think-" He wanted to hope for the best, he really did, but his was a view tainted by his father.

Instead, he just threw that misplaced hope aside and moved on. "We weren't there long, but we may have some information for the Asgard. They damn well better be thankful for it." SG-5 had sure paid the price for it. For them.

<<To Hallways>>

<< from Gateroom >> { General Blue } { Janus }
                        A string of curses in several languages floated through Nick's mind. D@mn the Asgard! They manage to screw us everytime.
                        ~Do you really think that they're the source of the leak?~
                        God knows. It's their computers that are compromised. Who knows what could have been tapped from them.
                        Anger and frustration reverberated through his body but he gentled his tone as he spoke to Hughes, "Thank you, Lt. Hughes. Thank you for getting the rest of your team back here."
                        He laid a hand on the younger man's shoulder for a moment, "Good job. Go with the doctor right now and get checked out. I'll come down later to get the rest of the story."
                        Dropping his hand, the general added, "Gus, let me know as soon as any of them are able to give a full report. I've got an Asgard to roast over the coals, I think."
                        ~Are you really going to roast him?~ The vision of the little gray being rotating slowly over coals was disconcerting.
                        If I thought it would do any good.
                        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                        sigpic

Comment

<<From Gate Room>>

Robert flinched as the general's hand came to rest on his shoulder. It only served as an uncomfortable weight. But he acknowledged the orders to report to the infirmary. "Yes, sir. I will."

He had passed on the most important information he had. He'd done all he could. "Promise I won't give you too much trouble now. Just when you have an update on Kari," he looked Doctor Aaronson in the eyes and corrected himself, "Uh, that is, Captain Crescent, I'd like to know."

He tried to remember what the standard was for concussions. "I presume you'll have me under observation for the usual twenty-four. Make sure I'm not dotting my t's and crossing my i's."

Comment

< Level 3, Hallway towards the elevators >

Gus nodded towards Nick as he slid his card through the reader by the elevator, “Certainly Nick. Just don’t be too hard on the Asgard. Their physiology can be… ” He pursed his lips kept his eyes on the elevator doors, “… ‘tricky’… to say the least.”
                            Patching up an Asgard wasn’t something he looked forward to. Ever.

Turning to Robert, he switched to a reassuring tone, “Of course. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.”
                            Gus grinned as the doors opened and stepped half way in to keep the doors open allowing the Lieutenant to pass, “Don’t worry. We’ll keep a close eye on you. Been there, done that before by the sound of it?”

>> To the infirmary >>

Comment

Robert entered the elevator. Quietly, in response to Doctor Aaronson, "Thank you. I'd appreciate that."

If he could have managed even a small smile, he would have. "I used to play football, you know. This isn't the first time I've gotten a little dinged up." He added more bitterly, "Or, in this case, I suppose it's more accurate to say, got my bell rung."

He remembered a very similar, albeit longer, conversation with Major Stevens. They and Kari had been getting to know each other then. He groaned inwardly and clammed up.

<<To Infirmary>>

Comment

Basewide communication
                                “Medical personnel’s required at Hanger Bay. We are expecting an injured Lieutenant being brought in. Repeat Medical personnel required at Hanger bay.”
                                {General Blue}

The elevator doors slid shut with a thump and Nick turned toward the stairs to go back up to his office.
                                "Oh for cryin' out loud," he exclaimed as the medical call came over the intercom, "It's a conspiracy. The minute minute the medical staff is short handed, everything pops."
                                He headed for the stairs and trotted back up to the briefing room to consult with Callista.

<< to Briefing Room >>
                                Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X