Hallways, Staircases and Elevators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>> From quarters >>

Almost running in to a woman head first, as he ran, Tim stood for a second, not really sure of what to say, although feeling glad he'd at least hadn't knocker to the floor. It was *the woman. From earlier. Fully clothed though... pity...

He inhaled sharply and gave her an embarrassed grin, “Stalking?! No ma'am, not exactly what I do on my spare time... When I happen to have some.”
    Tim gave the book in her arms a fast look, “Heading for the chapel? I saw the Chaplain was around...”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

<<A New Toy!!>>

Emma was all too aware that she was being checked out. The temptation to shake her head and make an 'Uhhuh am dressed, so sorry' remark. Instead she bit her tongue. The poor lad had that endearing baby face that made her want to treat him like a little brother.

Originally posted by timmo
      He inhaled sharply and gave her an embarrassed grin, “Stalking?! No ma'am, not exactly what I do on my spare time... When I happen to have some.”
      However, before she could stop herself, there was a small cock of the head, twinkle in the eye, small click of the tongue, "Shame." She returned the grin. Her's was not in any way one of embrrassment. It was instead an intentional taunt accompanied by a small teehee.

"By the way Sarge, can we drop the ma'am when not in formal. Like I said it is Emma. I take it you don't have a name." LuBan raised an eyebrow. The man couldn't have knowledge of her rank. She had never been wearing enough for him to determine that at this point. A small snicker escaped as she came to that revelation.

Originally posted by timmo
      Tim gave the book in her arms a fast look, “Heading for the chapel? I saw the Chaplain was around...”
      Looking down at her small devotional, "Uh, yah. Maybe you can assist me. I couldn't find the chapel listed on my map. Was on a hunt and seek mission. Can you point me in the right direction?" Chaplain? surely not the same one from Beta. That was all she needed. Another inquisition. Emma gave a small frown.

sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

“If you say so...” Tim gave her a grin and a slight bow, “...Emma. In that case, I'm Tim. Pleasure to meet you.”

He pointed towards the descending stairway, “Two more floors down and immediately to the right when you've passed the door. Can't miss it. You'll understand what I mean when you get there... Now, I'm sorry, but I really have to go. I've got a meeting with my CO in the Mess hall.”
        Giving in for an impulse, he gave her a grin and a hint of a wink accompanied with a mock salute he started to move upstairs again, 'If she can play, so can I!' “See you later... Emma”

Comment

<<A New Toy!!>>

Emma gave a small tilt of the head, "You as well Tim." She turned to look in the direction of his signal. Sounded easy enough. "Thanks. CO? On a team? Who would she be?" It was an instinctive question. It wasn't as if she would know anyone.

LuBan began to laugh as he edged up the stairs and then the salute. She returned the effort. "Laters Timmo." Yup, just like the little brother she always wanted. Full of mischief. He reminded her of her best bud in grade school. They were always in trouble together. She sighed, wondering where Drewsky had been when it all came to an end. Knowing him he went out in style. Of that she had no doubt.

Turning to continue down the stairs she located the floor he had indicated and opened the door to find the beautiful stained glass. Now she knew what he had meant. A peaceful smile crossed her face.

sigpic
          SCORE!!

Comment

Tim chuckled as he climbed the stairs, shouting back “She? Captain Oxford is very much a he! Bye!!”
            He almost cringed at being called “Timmo”. Yep, she had it coming, that's for sure, then opened the door at the level of the Mess hall.

>> To the Mess hall >>
            Last edited by Northern Girl; 16 December 2009, 03:00 AM.

Comment

[ Hallway outside of Infirmary ]
              {Blue} << from General's office >>
              {Mykonos} << from Infirmary >>

Callista distractedly pushed on the stairway door only to find no obstacle there. Off balance from the force of her movement, the woman stumbled a few steps forward and crashed into cause of her problem.

Blue back pedaled hurriedly from the impact, trying not to fall down the next flight of stairs. A quick twist planted his back against the wall with enough force to knock the wind out of him.

After a shocked second or two, Callista began to laugh. She turned her protective grip on Nick's sleeves into a surreptious hug before stepping back. "Are you OK?"
              Nick nodded. "Yeah," he gasped slightly as he inhaled, "Just out of breath."
              He relaxed and glanced down the steps, "This could have been sooo not good."
              "My fault," Cal claimed, "I should have looked at the window."
              "No," the man disagreed, "I didn't look either." He grinned mischieviously, "Although it is a good way to get a hug on duty."
              "There is that," she grinned back and glanced up at the new security camera, "Too bad we had to add those. A little canoodling in the stairwell might have been fun."
              "Canoodling," Nick asked incredulously, "Where on earth did you get that?" Old Mrs. Kaminsky is the only person I ever heard say it."
              Cal shrugged and gave a little giggle, "It was my 'word of the day' a couple of months ago. I never thought I'd be able to use it in conversation though."
              Pushing away from the wall, Blue answered sadly, "I'm probably one of the few people around who knows what it means without looking it up."
              Shaking off morose mood, he continued, "I was looking for you. I'm supposed to have lunch with Chaplain McGregor. I forgot. Would you like to join us?"
              Cal sighed regretfully, "I was going to give you a call about lunch. I'm going to have too much to do for mission prep to get anything more than a snatched sandwich."
              Blue nodded, "I totally understand. It's a lot to prepare for on such short notice. You can do it, I know you can."
              "Thanks." The woman itched to give him another hug but held off. Glancing up at the camera, she added, "Regs suck sometimes."
              "Sure do," he agreed. A quick stroke of her cheek had to substitute for the kiss he wanted to deliver. "Get going. I'll see you at the final check out."
              With a quick squeeze of Nick's hand, Callista took off down the stairs.

<< Cal to Quarters >>
              << Nick to Infirmary >>

(( Canoodling = http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/canoodle ))
              Last edited by Gen Blue; 20 December 2009, 07:10 AM.
              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
              sigpic

Comment

<<from the stores>>

<<Mission Preparation>>

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                Outside Stores

Davis sighed, combed her hair with her fingers, “First of all, I’m not running away from you or SG-1. I’m getting the h3ll out of here, before I crack even further than I already am. I can’t deal with what’s happened since the AU mission, if I stay on the base. I won’t able to make a sense of anything.

Secondly there’s nothing urgent about my leaving for Foreston. Sooner or later I would have gone there anyway. In case you’re worried, I’ll be carrying weapons, not just a zat. Blue’s orders. On top of it I’ll be staying with an old friend, who I trust, just as equally I trust Sharp. I will be safe; if we are done here, I really like to get going. I’m hoping to reach Foreston before sunset.

"I don't suppose a flat out 'please don't go' would work?" Zachary was willing to put all pride aside. He didn't get these feelings of warning often but, this one was overpowering. As he watched her run her hand through her hair he reached up to wrap his much larger hand around hers. He often forgot how small she was. She was so tough and he knew she could take on just about anything. This sniper thing was different, "Claire, I was there. This guy is whacked, insane."

Just being near her was melting all of his tough guy facade. Not that his outfit would give that impression.

sigpic
                SCORE!!

Comment

<<From Stores>>

Inside that Elevator

Claire shook her head, “Been there, done that. Slept on it too.” Getting inside the elevator, she looked at him, heard what he said, sighed, “I’m sorry it won’t work either. I need to get away.” Frustrated, she wondered why he couldn’t understand that she had to break for a while. Of him, of Travis of pain.

At times she wondered if he actually understood her, as she looked at their joint hands. Then used a free hand to punch the Armory level button.

Partly annoyed, “So are the Gou’ald. If I can fight alien parasites. I can handle this guy, in my sleep. I’m trained to fight whacked guys like him.” Patting his head, “Don’t worry Zack. I’ll have Niko keeping me company…what can possibly go wrong? Besides, there has been no trace of the shooter since you guys came back. Stop worrying your pretty head off; for crying out loud.

Last edited by SilverRider; 07 January 2010, 07:51 PM.

Comment

<<Mission Preparation>>

Zach knew that her aloof attitude cemented one thing for him. The feelings were one way. This thing with Claire would never work. He had been kidding himself. He followed her button punch, his was to the infirmary instead.

She was off to meet her Captain and he was off to play cowboys and indians with the Colonel. It was at that very moment if one listened close enough that they could hear his heart rip into two. Okay more like ten. His hand lost hers and slipped down to his side. If only her Captain was man enough to be seen with her. Expecting her to meet him there. The bell dinged for his stop. He took a deep breath as he punched the stop button. The pit of his belly now screaming that something about this was going to go all wrong.

His arms found themselves pulling her close as he breathed her in one more time. "I love you Rain, hopefully he does a better job than me at making you happy. Just be careful, please? Very careful." He kissed the top of her head and slowly moved away. Punched the door open button. Took one last linger into her eyes and then quietly exited the elevator.

Black tried to shake off that 'this is the last time I will see her' feeling. He just wasn't being very successful at it. His body was covered in a slight sheen. Not looking where he was going he banged head on into the DVM. "Ughh! Sorry, I."

Sujie gave a bit of a squeel, then an "ick". She wiped her damp hand on her lab coat, "Are you sick sir?"

<<okay i know ... terribly sappy ... zach made me ... poor lad! to infirmary!>>
                    Last edited by aintright; 08 January 2010, 08:19 PM.
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!

Comment

She stood there gawking at him like an idiot as she exited the elevator. Trying to figure out which one of them was a bigger fool; him or her. The look he send didn’t even register in her mind as she was scrambling her brain to figure out how in Gaia, did Black go from talking about her not leaving to an assumption that she was meeting Travis. Why the h3ll did every time they talked Zack brought up Travis. Seeing the door closing, she slide down to the floor. Why did she think this round would have been different?

Sighing she came to a realisation that Black was never going to get over hid jealous trip when it came to Oxford. She had doubts that even Simon was free from his vents or rants, or whatever he was now doing. If that was the case, their relationship would never evolve over the course of time. She didn’t have the energy to keep his jealousy under the hood all the time. In fact she didn’t have the energy to keep explaining him things as if he was a four year old with a bad mood to match.

They had been over for four years, Travis even knew that. There was no chance of reconciliation, even if either of them wanted it. She loved Travis; that was true, but it was mutual and without a hint of romance. He had been her first in every sense; for that alone he was special and dear. He had also shown her pain, something she couldn’t forget. All in all he was someone who she trusted, with her life, if she didn’t with her heart.

Hearing the ding of arrival to the Armory level, Davis got to her feet and ambled out of the lift. There was more running in her brain than she liked.

<<To Armory>>

((Sappy worked well ))
                      Last edited by SilverRider; 08 January 2010, 09:48 PM.

Comment

<<A Proper Send Off!!>>

Black headed around the corner towards the control room. He was focusing his brain in an attempt to prepare for the fodder that was to follow from his CO and XO. How in the world had that happened. Him ALONE with those two. No Claire, No Sarah to run interference. He stopped in front of the doorway to the staircase and considered making a quick escape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emma had headed to quarters and changed her mind. She was in search of fresh air, lots of it. As she passed the doorway she saw the face of the doctor she had rescued ealier. Standing there. Staring off into space. She stopped watching through the small window. Finally his head jerked up and their eyes met. LuBan began to laugh out loud. Zachary flushed and opened the door in a gentlemanly manner.

teehee!!

<<Gate Room>>
                        sigpic
                        SCORE!!

Comment

[Between Control Room and Gateroom]

Sharp made his way to the stairs like an overcaffinated kid - excited for the mission, and with ideas flying and bouncing around his head. As he made his way down the stairs however, he nearly ran into a certain captain, and suddenly all the flying objects in his head stopped on a dime.

"Ca- Emma! Nice to see you."
                          He raised his cowboy hat in greetings.
                          sigpic
                          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<<A Proper Send Off!!>>

Emma not paying attention to where she was going, too busy grinning at Dr. Black over her shoulder was suddenly face to face. Fighting that instinct reflex to salute. Instead she snapped to a stance of attention that one was expected to afford one of the Colonel's position. "Sir!" quickly popped out.

There was the tip of his hat and her inability to suppress a grin followed. "Always good to see you, Sir!" Her eyes were betraying her as a small twinkle danced across them. "With your permission Sir, I was hoping to observe your departure procedures. For some reason beyond my capacity our General thinks it would be wise for me to find a team." She shrugged but, the grin remained. Taking a once over of the Colonel's attire, Emma's big greens looked piercingly up to his, "So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave." If possible the grin actually broadened.

teehee!!

((ok, so i was watching serenity ... dog gone the ending sucks ... leaves shouldn't crash and burn!!))
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!

Comment

Sharp put his hands in his pockets, then out in front of him, then finally one on his hip and the other on the railing.

"Oh, go right ahead - they're always fun to watch."
                              He grinned - it was no doubt that he would get some comments if Kim saw her watching them depart. "I'm sure the General just wants to make use out of someone as talented as you."

Sharp didn't actually know that much about her but 'hey, she had to be talented to get here, right?'

"Maybe I can help you with the team thing when I get back. Plus - I still have to give you that ride...in the 302."
                              )

(I know!
                              Spoiler:
                              If it wasn't planned to be the end of the series I would have never forgiven Joss for killing off Wash! He was my favorite character! (Though I love Fillion a ton))
                              sigpic
                              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<<A Proper Send Off!!>>

Watching the man's movement of his hands. Could it be that she was actually making the man a little antsy. Finding the whole possibility a little endearing, she bit her lower lip. Her grin softened and her eyes continued to dance.

She was tempted to ask him exactly which talent it was that he was talking of. But, she shook it off. Then there was the thought of which talent would he be interested in making use of. Again, she shook it off as she chastised herself for such thoughts. Finally she lost the battle as words just tumbled out as they often did, "I can't imagine watching you would be anything but fun. Sir. I uh, I mean." The grin again grew. It was too late to back peddle, so let it lie where it may.

"I will look forward to you showing me the ropes. Sir." Her voice took on a bit of that sultry southern twang. She started counting on her fingers as she took inventory, "The ropes, a ride, a trip to Foreston, oh! and don't forget pie." She raised an eyebrow and there was that twist of body language. "Seems you are growing quite an IOU list there, Sir. I guess you better get onto that mission and back again. Mind you not too tired and all in on piece."

teehee!!

(( Start with the part where Jayne gets knocked out by a 90-pound girl 'cause... I don't think that's ever getting old! ~ *snicker ... giggle ... rofl*))
                                sigpic
                                SCORE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X