AU - Mirror Room and all Science Labs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Mirror Room]

Vincent almost sighed with relief as the mirrors were activated, he pulled off his LGR and handed it to Bystronski,

"Nice to have met you," he said as he did so, smiling slightly. He waited slightly before going through, saying one silent goodbye to a world that could have been, then he stepped through, taking a deep breath before doing so, like he always did with the stargate. He was sure it wouldn't help if anything did go wrong, but it seemed like the right thing to do, and it seemed to work, no malfunctions had happened during any of his trips
    Last edited by Vincent; 09 August 2007, 03:01 PM. Reason: Needed to hand the LGR back ;)
    "I once thought it better to be right
    But now I have finally seen the light
    Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
    I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
    Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Harvey could feel a headache brewing it was sitting niggling at the back of her skull, she quietly got on helping with the fetching and carrying. Before long it seemed everything was good to go and Jaime asked for the go ahead. Suddenly remebering the dohikey attached to her arm she asked the tech dialling up the Mirror "err who do we hand these back into?" She wasn't even sure how the things disengaged, given the way they'd gone on she imagined they wouldn't come off easily, nothing was that simple.

Comment

Mirror Room

McKinnon saw others heading over to the AU Bystronski once she'd finished her chat with Matthews and handing her their LGR's. He smiled to Kim. "Looks like we're good to go. I can take care of your LGR for you if you like, since I guess you'll want to wait for Claire. Then I'll head through to help load and get my 302 fired up for the ride back. I assume you want to ride with me? Don't worry, I'm a much smoother ride than Sharp." He accepted her LGR, removed his, then headed over to the AU Bystronski. "Here you go," he said with a smile as he handed them to her, then he clapped Issac on the back. "Let's get going buddy, time to get the DHD fixed and hopefully take some R&R."

With that, turned and smiled widely to Kim "I'll see you on the other side, don't be too long." he said, then turned and stepped through the mirror.

((to sg-1 missions thread))

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

[Mirror Room - AU Natasha Bystronski]

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
          Issac Matthews

Issac made a motion of 'O' at her explanation, but smiled as she said that she wouldn't be surprised if the kid started talking earlier then usual. When ever that was for babies.

He looked at Natasha then at the baby in her arms when she asked if he wanted to hold her, "Ummm..." all of a sudden he was quite at a loss as to how reply, knowing that he didn't have much experience with kid.

"I...uh..I don't know," he said it be awkwardly, fearing that he might drop the kid or something.
          (( Backtracking a little since people are eager to leave. You can say you handled Natasha the device and get it over with. Only Ryn gets to take the LGR to Gaia. ))

"It's OK. Don't be afraid. You'll do fine and I have to retrieve the LGRs from your colleagues. So you help me up a little. Huh?" She said smiling to make him relax, handing Varia to Isaac. He was a natural and after a few tips did OK at keeping the baby steady in his arms. Natasha then passed a hand through Varia's scarce hair to which both women opened huge grins. She reached to Isaac's hand where she had attached his device at his request yesterday and placed it over the tray she had brought from her Lab. Then she turned to the group preparing to leave.

"Please, Ladies and Gentleman. I would like to remind you that you must return the LGRs before crossing back to your universe. I will collect them now if you don't mind." She announced to the room in a louder tone of voice.

She went to each of them and retrieved the devices, placing them in the tray. It was almost the end of their visit. Some were already crossing the activated mirrors. Taylor was the first, Natasha could sense she was the most eager to leave. She was followed by Ryn, Valentine and McKinnon. As Ryn crossed she sent her a silent prayer for her success.

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
          Vincent almost sighed with relief as the mirrors were activated, he pulled off his LGR and handed it to Bystronski,

"Nice to have met you," he said as he did so, smiling slightly.
          "Likewise." She replied smiling and nodding. Then she continued with the retrieving of the other devices.

After recovering all the devices, she put the tray away over in a temporary storage closet in the room and turned her attention back to Isaac and Varia who now seemed to be sort of at ease with each other and playing.

"So you two having fun together." She said in a joking tone, part of her happy to see it happening. "Thank you, Isaac." She said thankful and then hugged him in a deep and meaningful embrace that enveloped the three of them. She kept her senses opened to pick up any response from Isaac. She always did it with him. It was force of habit.
          Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 09 August 2007, 08:28 PM.
          Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
            Mirror Room

((what? I've NEVER abused a zat... ))

McKinnon spoke again to Kim, looking deep in her eyes. "This was my first mission with Claire, so I don't know about 'trouble', but this stuff she found about the battleship could be HUGE, especially if it exists in our reality and we can get it working. If that's the kind of breakthrough she comes up with, I'm going to recommend that Chris buck for her to get the 2nd silver bar on her epaulets. Seriously."

He glanced over and saw the alter Bystronski approach Isaac. After Matthews had ribbed him good-naturedly earlier on the mission for his encounters with the disgruntled women, it seemed like it was his turn for the awkward situation. He nudged Kim then indicated the conversation Isaac was beginning. McKinnon leaned back against the wall and watched as his friend was a bit awkward at first, but gradually opened up, and seeing him hold the kid brought a smile to his face, despite Isaac's awkwardness.

He whispered to Kim, "The nose grab is too cute, I'm glad Mikey was happy with plane rides, though." Lance chuckled then continued. "Looks like Matthews is doing all right. I don't know what would be more emotionally jarring though, having the entire local population of the opposite gender trying to decapitate you for what their you did, or finding that their you is gone and left behind a family. Experiencing one was enough, I'll gladly pass on the second."

((haha sure sure and now comes a load of back tracking and further posting damn it))

Mirror Room

Kim nodded in understanding that it was the first time he was on the mission with Davis and also at the fact promoting Davis to a Captain would be good, if the ship came through. "Keywords being a big IF" she joked as she watched Matthews play with the baby. She touched her own nose and gave him a mused expression, "I'll never get why nose grab playing is cute."

He really had taken a liking to Black's kid, Kim chuckled. Passing on decapitating seemed like a wise move, she thought, but she wouldn't give up her experience on this mission for anything.

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
            Mirror Room

McKinnon saw others heading over to the AU Bystronski once she'd finished her chat with Matthews and handing her their LGR's. He smiled to Kim. "Looks like we're good to go. I can take care of your LGR for you if you like, since I guess you'll want to wait for Claire. Then I'll head through to help load and get my 302 fired up for the ride back. I assume you want to ride with me? Don't worry, I'm a much smoother ride than Sharp." He accepted her LGR, removed his, then headed over to the AU Bystronski. "Here you go," he said with a smile as he handed them to her, then he clapped Issac on the back. "Let's get going buddy, time to get the DHD fixed and hopefully take some R&R."

With that, turned and smiled widely to Kim "I'll see you on the other side, don't be too long." he said, then turned and stepped through the mirror.

((to sg-1 missions thread))

Kim passed her LGR to him as he gave them to Natasha. Watching him go, she sighed it was her team that was now left in this realty, she nodded to Zack and Sarah to go ahead. She wasn't planning on staying longer then she had to.

((Sorry for a lame and short post AF I so can't think of anything.))

Issac Matthews - Mirror Room

He nodded a welcome to her, "Your um..welcome." he replied as he left her embrace, giving the baby back to her, he exhaled deeply, "I guess I better join my team then huh?"

He looked over to Claire who was having a hard time letting go. If yesterday wasn't hard enough for her, today's worse, he though with a wince. Knowing he couldn't help her there, he gave Natasha a last look before walking over to the Mirror and going back to his reality.

<<Matthews to SG-1 Mission thread>>
            Last edited by SilverRider; 09 August 2007, 11:17 PM. Reason: Forgot Matthew's transfer to our Reality....haha!!!

Comment

((Dill, I'm going to wing Sharp here, let me know if it requires any editing for him.))

Our Sharp
              , Major Paul Davis - Mirror room

Seeing most of the AU's leaving, Paul let go of Claire's touch and walked over to the other Chris.

Colonel,” he began, “I uh…” damn this was going to be hard, “I would like to thank you for asking us for help,

Sharp nodded, knowing this was the last time he would see his friend alive, feeling his throat tighten, he looked away for a while. Didn't think it be this hard, he though. "Thank you for rendering us help with the all this." He wasn't talking about the DHD and they both knew that.

Paul nodded and turned to watch her with some sadness burning his eyes as she gave the LGR back to Natasha. Eighteen months ago he lost her, carried a hole, the ache his heart, till another version of her came, she soothed the pain, but never completely erased it. Now to say goodbye again would be hard, a lot harder then he anticipated.

Rubbing his hands over his face, Paul sighed deeply. He didn’t want to part from her, but knew he had no choice. In this reality she hardly knew anyone, in her own reality she had a life, friends, he looked at the remaining of her team members. It would be unfair for him to ask her to stay for him, for Mike and for a man whom her counterpart was married to.

She didn’t share his daughter’s memories, but was only a reminder of the one he had lost. Blinking back the tears that threaten to fall, Paul tore his gaze away from Claire, running his fingers through the short brown hair.

Looking back at Sharp, “Keep her safe Chris,” words came out of his mouth before he could stop them. While his own words didn’t surprise him, but the fact he was asking his friend counterpart to keep his daughter’s counterpart safe, did.

Sharp looked towards Claire, then to Paul, "I'll do what I can Paul," it wasn't as promise and saw her approaching them, giving her small smile, getting one in return, he walked over to his twin, "Thanks for everything," he shook his Au selfs hand, then joined his team next to the mirrors as they waited for Claire.

Feeling Ashwood's gentle touch on his shoulder, he was glad for the support, but he sighed as she gave her a smile of thanks.

She didn’t want to do this, she didn’t want to say goodbye. Looking at him sadly, she embraced him for the final time. Cherishing the comfort she would never get again.

Leaving his embrace she walked over to the mirror, where her team was waiting for her. Watching them transfer one by one, she sighed as she waited for her go, when she and Sharp were left, they turned to take one last look at Paul. Raising her hands to the mirror, she stopped short of touching it. Trying to ignore the internal debate inside her, as she felt Sharp's eyes waiting for her patiently.

As the tears rose in her eyes she swallowed hard and turned to face the mirror again, before raising her hand, in case she changed her mind, wiping her tears with the other. As they both transfered to their reality one by one.

<<To SG-1 Mission thread>>

Comment

Harvey watched as everyone began to pluck off their LGR's and hand them to the Doctor wandering about with a tray. She followed suit and plucked her's from her arm, she was surprised when it didn't hurt as much as she expected. "Thanks" she said placing the LGR on the tray as the doctor moved on collecting the devices from the others. The others had already made their way through the mirrors, Harvey decided not to hang about and grabbing hold off one of the hand carts followed suit. A brief touch of the mirror and she was gone..

(Yeay back to our own reality at last)

Comment

[Mirror Room - AU Natasha Bystronski]

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                  ((Sorry for a lame and short post AF I so can't think of anything.))
                  (( Thanks for the help, SR. ))

Issac Matthews - Mirror Room

He nodded a welcome to her, "Your um..welcome." he replied as he left her embrace, giving the baby back to her, he exhaled deeply, "I guess I better join my team then huh?"
                  It was hard for Natasha to let go of Isaac, but eventually she did so. She nodded and smiled as he said "your welcome" in his typical ways. She missed him a lot, but somehow the emptiness she felt inside since he didn't come back from that mission that went terribly south was replaced by just a sense of lack. It was way less painful than the former one to her. She could now let go and go on, for herself and for Varia.

Isaac soon after handed Varia back to her mom's arms. The baby looked at her and then at him and grinned to both as if she understood what was happening. Her mom was happy and it made her happy too by default.

Natasha took a deep breath and placed her now only free hand over the side of Isaac's face as if to form a new tactile memory of the shape of his face.

"I guess you should, Isaac. It's time for us to go back to our lives. 'Remembering is keeping alive', my foster mother used to tell me when I was little before she passed away. I'll never forget him or you."
                  She said and then draw him closer with the hand still laid over his face and kissed him gently. She broke the rather fast kiss and took several steps back from him. Their gazes met again and she inadvertently sent to him some images of her past with her Isaac telepathically. She still couldn't handle it well, but it was a question of time.

The bundle included images of him fainting after stealing kisses from her and of when she finally found a way to make him immune to her empathy, so they could work out as a couple. The gesture was identical to the one she had just done before kissing him. The fact he didn't faint proved to her it worked and maybe she could have just made her alter self a happier woman or not. At least, she could find comfort in that thought. This was her final closure. To open a possible path to happiness for her alter. That was her way, always glad to help out everyone. After that moment, she saw him draw his attention back to the alters and joined their leaving group.

He looked over to Claire who was having a hard time letting go. If yesterday wasn't hard enough for her, today's worse, he though with a wince. Knowing he couldn't help her there, he gave Natasha a last look before walking over to the Mirror and going back to his reality.
                  Natasha noticed when Isaac looked back at her and waved her goodbye to him. Varia also did so and then went sad seeking for her mother's embrace which she immediately received. Natasha saw as Matthews crossed the mirror and then rocked her baby in her arms and gave her a sweet kiss in the forehead. Then held her closer to her heart. She wasn't alone. She had Varia to keep her company, make her happy and help her out. She was the one that would make her be strong and keep trying.

After all the alters had stepped through the mirror, it deactivated and went back to being a hollowed frame amongst others of the same kind. She took a deep breath and caressed Varia a little more. Then she took the tray with the retrieved LGRs back from the temporary closet and left the mirror room.

(( To fall into oblivion as the AU stops existing.... It was nice to play her and Varia. ))
                  Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 13 August 2007, 08:34 PM.
                  Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

[Major Josh Ezekiel-Au- Mirror Room]

Josh ran through the canyon on his way to the mirror room hoping to catch Kym before she left. She had thought about her during the past two days. He knew she wasn’t his Kym but he at least wanted the chance to say good bye to her this time. Hoping at least to be able to move on with his life after this.

He finally ran up to into the room and looked around, “Have they all left?”

“Yes sir, you just missed them. Major Pratt is still over there. They have yet to return from helping them.” A Sgt. said.

“D@mn it,” Josh mumbled to himself he approached the mirror and looked at it. Yet again the opportunity has slipped right through my fingers. Why didn’t I come sooner? Perhaps an opportunity will present it self in the future to visit her reality.

He turned around and was about to walk out of the room, than decided on hanging around to talk with Major Pratt. I owe him an apology for how I have treated him; it’s not his fault she died. And its not fare to blame him that he came back and she didn’t.

Last edited by max_omega; 20 August 2007, 11:06 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

[ Major Ernest Pratt ]

With a simple touch, the 3 members of SG8 were back in their own reality.
                      "Shut it down, guys," Pratt ordered.
                      Airmen came to collect the handcarts and return them to storage, leaving SG8 free to go off duty.
                      "You're off for the next 24 hours. Report back at 0700 the day after tomorrow." Pratt shooed his team off for some well deserved rest but stayed in the Mirror room himself for a few more minutes.

Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                      sigpic

Comment

[Major Josh Ezekiel- mirror Room]

Josh stood to the back of the room as the SF gathered up the things and left. He walked up to Ernest and stood there for a brief moment before saying anything, "I guess they got what they came for," he said more as a statement than an actually questions. He than continued on, "I just wanted to apoligize, I know haven't been the nicest person in a long while. But I hope we can be friends again."

sigpic

Comment

[ Mirror Room - Ernest Pratt ]

Ernest held out a hand, "We never stopped, Josh. Not from my point of view. Kym was my friend, too. The hardest thing I've ever done was bring her body home." He blinked rapidly, feeling the sadness again as he spoke of it.

Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                          sigpic

Comment

[Mirror Room- Major Josh Ezekiel]

"I am glad to hear you say that, and I know it was, I just wish things could of turned out differently," Josh said, than shook off that feeling of sadness he got from thinking about his Kym, "Would you like to get something to eat?"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X