No announcement yet.

Beta site - Colonel Eric Hanes, Commanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles realized that Lance didn't know, "Anderson stayed behind. He sacrificed himself for us. He had everything and he threw it away for us. I should have been the one. I don't have everything. When and if we get back to the alpha site what do I look forward to? Playing my guitar, and maybe sharing a brew with Mike. He had someone he loved and he threw it away." Charles just let it all out. He didn't want to stop. "I mean why didn't he let me?" He asked rhetorically, "You know why because I ran. I just ran. I was a coward I saw my chance and I took it. I ran and ran and ran. Sure it was after he told me too, but I should have stayed. He didn't order me. I didn't think twice I was selfish and he was selfless when he had every reason to be selfish and I every reason to be selfless."
    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

"Stayed behind...?" Lance echoed. "You mean the Jaffa...?" '****. I thought getting myself shot was the down part of the mission. Life just keeps getting better and better. And what the **** do I say to the captain?'

"In life there are choices. Colonel Anderson made his. You, as well as anyone, should know that commanding officers take responsibility for their teams. He chose to save his. How do you think he would feel if your roles were reversed? Just because you ran...That doesn't make you a coward. You respected his choice. Frankly, you better be feeling better. I don't do these wonderfully inspired speeches for everyone."

Comment

Charles had to laugh at Lance's joke. The kids does have a way with things. He thought which also made him realize that when he was a force recon marine he would never have told this to a lt. under his command, but something was different. The end of the world and the fact that these people were the only family or friends he would have was a part of it, but he also liked the kid.

Charles thought it was funny that he thought of Lance as a kid when Charles was confiding in him, but it was a different time, and Charles needed someone to talk to. He still didn't know what to say it was an akward and tense situation, but he wasn't going to leave the kid hanging after he had just helped Charles.

"Thanks, kid," Charles akwardly said wondering what to do next.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
          Before Lance could reply, a sergeant reported to Captain York, requesting his presence. Taking a deep breath, the lieutenant watched as the two men headed for the colonel's office. An uneasy silence followed their departure. It ended with his return, however, as Charles grabbed a chair and began jotting down notes while resuming the conversation from earlier. "Yep. The alien invasion. You know, the cute, pink, fuzzy alien bunnies. They're a lot deadlier than they look."
          (( Monty Python's killer rabbit? ))
          (( Keep this going if you can. Does one of you want to play Noglaman? He's the pilot from the Alpha site who's coming to report to Colonel Hanes. You'll have to pick up details from the Hangar Bay. ))
          Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
          sigpic

Comment

((This looks good. If you guys really don't want to run Noglaman, I can fill in if absolutely needed, though tbh I'd rather not, since if the weather holds I'm working a lot this weekend, but it seems I'm gonna be off tonight due to early dismissal. Pash, PM me if you need me to. Blue - in the orginal posts in the hangar bay thread, you mentioned about Noglaman taking McKinnon's bird back. I had a thought, if Noglaman's bird is flyable, wouldn't he rather have his bird, and McKinnon would want his, since I'd assume pilots are pretty fussy about wanting 'their' plane if possible due to familiarity with any 'quirks'? Doesn't matter to me either way, just a thought. ))

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

((I'll take the character. I'll try to pick up the details, but any help would be aswome because I'll have a lot sift through.))

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
                ((This looks good. If you guys really don't want to run Noglaman, I can fill in if absolutely needed, though tbh I'd rather not, since if the weather holds I'm working a lot this weekend, but it seems I'm gonna be off tonight due to early dismissal. Pash, PM me if you need me to. Blue - in the orginal posts in the hangar bay thread, you mentioned about Noglaman taking McKinnon's bird back. I had a thought, if Noglaman's bird is flyable, wouldn't he rather have his bird, and McKinnon would want his, since I'd assume pilots are pretty fussy about wanting 'their' plane if possible due to familiarity with any 'quirks'? Doesn't matter to me either way, just a thought. ))
                (( I guess I didn't make it clear. Noglman is taking his 'bird'. We're swapping pilots and aircraft. Blue would never separate a pilot from his 'other half'. ))

Originally posted by captainpash View Post
                ((I'll take the character. I'll try to pick up the details, but any help would be aswome because I'll have a lot sift through.))
                Check your PM, Pash.
                Last edited by Gen Blue; 01 December 2006, 01:13 PM.
                Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                sigpic

Comment

((sounds good.))

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash View Post

"Thanks, kid," Charles akwardly said wondering what to do next.
                    "Oh. You're thanking me after that piece of junk speech?" Lance replied with a smirk. "If I knew being a psychiatrist was this easy, I never would have become a sniper."

Comment

Charles laughed out loud at this one. "Well we all know that it depends what type of shirnk you want to become." He stated, "Though being a sniper has some advantages"

Comment

"Being a sniper increases the chances of getting shot. Not much of an advantage there, sir." Lance shrugged. "And to think I always prided myself on my skill. Then I ****ed up. What could I do wrong as psychiatrist? Never mind. Bad question. But you get the point."

((Sorry about taking so long with my posts. My parents are out of the house tonight so I'm running around cooking and stuff.))

Comment

"You didn't mess up," Said Charles realizing that he would have to help the kid just like he had helped him. "You just got hit. I've been hit. I've had buddies hit, and bad intelligence will always kill a mission."

Comment

((This area I can have a ton of fun in. The question is, what would Lance want to do? Perhaps try to resign.... Hmm... Possibilities.))

"I got hit on my first mission. I tend to think my strategies are the only way and we're not going into the fact that they work more often than not. Not only that but I'm surprising reckless for a sniper and look where it got me." Lance sighed. "I'm a danger to the team. I think, in my case, the only logical course of action is my resignation."

(())

Comment

"So you want to resign?" Asked Charles, "You know what happened on my first command? I was running a op into China when we got off the chopper, and of a sudden everything went to hell. I only managed to save one man, and he was badly wounded. I didn't quite I kept going. You might have been reckless, but you're not a danger you just need to experience, and you'll get it. At least you didn't crap your pants."

Comment

"More experience? I've been on plenty of missions; too many. On every one, something has gone wrong. If I took a more conservative approach or actually followed orders some of them may have been preventable." Pausing for a moment, Lance finally continued. "Heck. I wasn't even the first candidate for the position. Truthfully, I probably shouldn't have been chosen or accepted. What advantages did I bring to the table then? Nothing. Now? Maybe the fact that I'm familiar with some of the Asgard. That, however, doesn't require me to be on a team or even in the military."

((Respond to that. ))

Comment

Working...
                                X