No announcement yet.

Foreston - Factory Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cal glanced at the man speaking to her. "Hey there. I'm here off and on. Felt like having some fun tonight. Jack still has the sing-a-longs, right?"
    She moved a little to give him room to lean on the bar.
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Comment

"Sure does," grinned Corin. "Party starts in ten. I'm Corin, by the way."
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

The woman put the bottle on the bar and held out her hand, "Callista Mykonos. Nice to meet you."
        sigpic

Comment

"And you," Corin replied, smiling. He took a drink, eyeing her with curiousity. "I've never seen someone with your colourings. You are from what planet?"

Comment

She brushed her hand through her unruly black curls. "Earth. My ancestors were part of an ancient civilization there. Where are you from? I can't place your accent."
            sigpic

Comment

Corin smiled. "Hallidia. Small planet. You can hear that I'm not from Earth?" He motioned to a table and raised his eyebrows.

Comment

Cal shrugged and tipped her head, "The odds were good. There's not too many of us left."
                She picked up her bottle and jumped off the stool, "I know that Jack plays mostly Earth music. Do you have a favorite type?"
                sigpic

Comment

"Jazz, blues, so much history and culture in that genre. It fascinates me," Corin told her as he guided her over to the table and pulled out a chair for her. "And you? Do you have a preference?"

Comment

"I love music from the '40's. What they call Big Band or Swing. And show tunes." Cal rolled her eyes. "Easy to listen to," she waved at the growing crowd, "and to sing along with."
                    sigpic

Comment

"Yes," agreed Corin. "They are also easy to learn. Which is a blessing indeed, as Jack only has, as you say, Earth music."

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        Kate closed her eyes as she heard him open the front door. "I'm sorry," she said to John and Mary. "That was uncalled for." She started to rub nervously at her arm. "I'm just going to..." She pointed over her shoulder and hurried outside, standing behind Jensen and shoving her hands in the rear pockets of her jeans.
                        Jensen heard the door open and close behind him, heard Kate's footsteps stop. There was a long silence as he drank a few more swallows of wine.

"You were right," he said softly without turning around. "It was rude and inappropriate." He sighed and swirled the remaining wine in his glass. "I'd blame it on the wine but that's just a cop out. John asked and I thought of you and your family, and then I thought about Dean..." Shrugging, he drank the rest of the glass. "No excuses. I'm just tactless. It explains a lot, actually, when you think about it..."

Comment

"Hey there, Prettyboy," she said softly, crouching down beside him. "Just go easy on that liver of yours. It's the brain that deserves a beating." She saw that the glass was empty, and sighed with relief. No need to confiscate anything. She stood back up and leaned against the wall.

"Jensen, I..." she stopped. She didn't know what to say to him, what she needed to say, what she wanted to say as she fought her conflicting feelings of rage and sympathy.

Comment

(Rachael-outdoors)

Rachael slowly approached the town, walking through the main street until coming upon a small cabin. She walked up the the door and knocked.

A young woman pretty close to her age answered, "Rachael, it has been a while. Come in." She grabbed her and gave her a hug and guided her inside.

"Yes it was been long time, to long. Where is your husband?" Rachael asked.

"He has not yet returned from work. What brings you here?" Tamar asked, while she ushered Rachael into the living room, "Have a seat."

She sat opposite her in a chiar, "Well mainly I just wanted to get off base for a while. Have good news, my brother Johnathan he is alive."

Tamar gasped, "That is wonderful news. When will I be able to meet him?"

"I am not sure, right now I believe he is out on a training mission with his new team SG-8. I am not sure when they will be finished." Rachael answered.

"Well tonight is when me and my husband normally go to Jack's Place for dinner, you wil join us?"

"I would love to, but before we go. Can I use your bathroom to freshen up a bit. It is a long walk from the base."

"Of course, you know where it is at."

Rachael got up and went to the bath room, it was a simple room with a tub and a pitcher to wash your hands. She changed into her other shirt and made sure her make-up still looked ok. She emerged from the room about ten minutes later and walked into the kitchen where Tamar was, "When will we be off to Jack's?"

"As soon as Steve gets home. In the mean time we can catch up some more." Tamar said, than moved back into the living room where Rachael followed and agian they both sat down.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              "Yes," agreed Corin. "They are also easy to learn. Which is a blessing indeed, as Jack only has, as you say, Earth music."
                              Cal nodded toward the music system, "They're the only thing he can play on that. I really like Saturdays here. Hearing the live bands is better. There's some pretty kickin' tunes out in the Galaxy."
                              She started tapping her foot to the beat of In the Mood by Glenn Miller, Jack's signature starting music for sing-a-long night. "Here we go. I wish you knew how to Jitterbug."

(( OOC - I know these references are going over most of your heads. When I get home tonight, I'll find a link to the song so you can hear it. ))

(( EDIT: Yep it was In the Mood that I meant. I can't get an attachment for the song. ))
                              Last edited by Gen Blue; 17 May 2006, 02:45 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue
                                Cal nodded toward the music system, "They're the only thing he can play on that. I really like Saturdays here. Hearing the live bands is better. There's some pretty kickin' tunes out in the Galaxy."
                                She started tapping her foot to the beat of String of Pearls by Glenn Miller, Jack's signature starting music for sing-a-long night. "Here we go. I wish you knew how to Jitterbug."

(( OOC - I know these references are going over most of your heads. When I get home tonight, I'll find a link to the song so you can hear it. ))
                                ((Ooooh, nice! There's some excellent clarinet work in String of Pearls. Although I thought it was a collection of various themes, rather than just a single one... or am I getting confused with something else?))

Corin cocked an eyebrow in confusion. "A Jitter Bug? What's one of those?"

Comment

Working...
                                X