OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vampyr View Post
    2.8 GHz on the processor. If you're asking RPM on the HD- 7200.

And yeah, I did shopping until my fingers started to bleed from all that clicking.

Holy frozen bad guys!

That thing is haulin a$$!

Is 'lag' even in that computer's vocabulary?
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Nope.

I'd give you guys some pictures of it, but it's night over here where I live, and indoor lights+camera=bad pictures. Here's the case, and here's the motherboard/CPU combo though. Have fun drooling.

Comment

NICE. As much as I love my MacBook Pro, I miss the whole constructing-your-own-PC-from-the-ground-up thing. Its a lot of fun.

Comment

Yeah, it was fun building the entire thing from the ground to fully functioning rear-kicking PC.

Comment

XP or Vista?

Comment

XP for a few reasons.

A.) Most everyone I talk to says Vista=bad.
              B.) I spent all my money on the computer and didn't have a spare 100 USD to shell out for Vista.
              C.) We just happen to have an XP Pro install disk lying around the house.

Comment

All very valid reasons. I ain't touching Vista with a ten foot pole for at LEAST a year.

Comment

Ok, I think I'm just going to go on to bed for the night. Tomorrow is essay writing day, so don't know how long I'll be on.........

But for now I just need to sleep. So good night, good morning, and good day to one and to all.
                  Dear Journal
                  My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Night then.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                      Ok, I think I'm just going to go on to bed for the night. Tomorrow is essay writing day, so don't know how long I'll be on.........
                      Yeah, I'm probably just over half done with mine. It has been keeping me from finishing up that Renim outline, so once I wrap up that paper, I can get back to the outline. Try to have it out for you by the end of the week.

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle
                      But for now I just need to sleep. So good night, good morning, and good day to one and to all.
                      Good night.

Comment

***FAINT***

HOLY $---

THAT is a motherboard!

I'm lovin the audio part of that! Do you have all the speakers?

4g possible ram? niiiiice, and thats pretty cheap w/ 4 slots
                        *needs to see in-action pics*

Question though:
                        What do you have relating to visuals? I'm guessing VGA, but any S-vid (prob not) or HDMI...I dont really see any on there
                        sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Vampyr View Post
                          Nope.

I'd give you guys some pictures of it, but it's night over here where I live, and indoor lights+camera=bad pictures. Here's the case, and here's the motherboard/CPU combo though. Have fun drooling.
                          Your case looks similar to mine

Did I ever mention I got two CPUs in mine It's a gamers PC

Comment

The six audio ports are configurable, I can plug just about anything I feel like into any port.

So far, I have 2G of RAM in my computer, and probably next summer, I'm going to save up enough money to add in a second graphics card and another 2G of RAM.

SR: Nice, I've only got a single CPU, but it runs pretty nice for the kind of things I put it through.

Edit: To answer your question though Sharp, I didn't have any money left after I bought the computer, so I pulled the (admitedly nice) speakers, mouse and keyboard from an old Pentium I and my monitor from an older generation XP.
                            Last edited by Vampyr; 29 October 2007, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Mixing old with new nice !! Other then the computer I only the Keyboard new. But the mouse and Monitor are old (the mouse not too old.) My bro gave me his monitor and and he got a new one....

I really should get some games for it

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                                Your case looks similar to mine

Did I ever mention I got two CPUs in mine It's a gamers PC
                                two? wtf, u crazy!

hehe, I'm fine here w/ my 2g ram 1.81GHz lappy

I'm not playing any extreme graphic games atm anyhoo, besides HL:2, which works fine on it

Anyhoo: I'm buyin a monitor for my parents...any ideas? I'm lookin for a good one around 20in but around 200$ (USD)
                                sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Working...
                                X