No announcement yet.

OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

* Carrie: Grumpy uh? Call Gloria for earplugs and let the people working down there do their job...*

In time David can have some undisturbed peace and quiet in his own quarters.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
      Had a horrible drive home from work, got rear ended. My car is probably going to be totalled and I have had it only 7 months. I am so mad, and my back hurts.
      My advice is to get it checked out as you're doing, it's probably whiplash , but you can claim for it If you leave it too long though the insurance company will try to blame it on something else. Just a tip my driving instructor gave me in cases like that

btw I'm not sure where you're from, but Chiropractors can be expensive, Physiotherapy can be just as good, I have to say that 'cause my mum's a physio

*big hugs for MO* I almost forgot Hope it improves, whiplash is nasty to have
      "I once thought it better to be right
      But now I have finally seen the light
      Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
      I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
      Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
        Vincent: Guitarists are not shows offs.

Wrong. The vast majority are, hence the evolution of the term "guitard" among musicians. I won't even start with the stories I've experienced let alone heard from other bass players.

I'm fortunate that in Relevant, both of the electric guitarists don't fall into that category. Though to be honest, I get far more annoyed by keyboardists who don't get the concept of backing off the left hand so they don't turn the low end (the bass player's responsibility) into a brown substance with the texture of mud but far worse odor. And by drummers who are more like a random tempo generator than an accurate time keeper - if I'm forced to play EVERY song with eighth note roots for every measure I go crazy - and the gig better be paying well.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Shel, hope you're feeling better soon.

Max, I'm very sorry to hear about the car wreck, I hope your back is ok. Sending prayers and good vibes your way.

I can totally empathize with the car trouble - my van blew up on Sunday - we think it's the water pump as well as the power steering belt (I KNOW it's the power steering belt). Plus the cougar has a donut since we need a new rim that's on order. No road trips for a while

Comment

Sorry for the mass posting, but after the rant and the sympathy posts I need to throw some humor out there, so here's a random sampling of musician jokes Sorry in advance, but hopefully at least one will give you a chuckle

Q: How do you get 2 drummers to play in time?
            A: Shoot one

Q: How do you know a hip-hop artist changed the light bulb?
            A: There's one missing in the room next door.

Q: How many R'n'B producers does it take to change a light bulb?
            A: 4. One to bring one from the room next door, and 3 to re-mix it.

Q: How do you know a Drummer is knocking at your door?
            A: The knock gets progressively slower.

Q2:What should you do when a Drummer knocks on your door?
            A: Pay for the Pizza.

Q: How do you know when there is a singer at your door?
            A: He/She can't find the key and doesn't know when to come in.

Q: How many bassists does it take to change a lightbulb?
            A: None.........the keyboard player can do it with his left hand.........

Q: What do you call a guitarist with no girlfriend?
            A: Homeless

Q: How many singers does it take to replace a light bulb?
            A: 1 ... They hold the bulb and wait for the world to revolve around them!

Q: How do you get a guitarist to turn down?
            A: Put some sheet music in front of him.

After taking two weeks of bass lessons and learning the first five notes on the E and A string.... The boy taking lessons does not return home until really late on the night of his third lesson.... The father notices that his son smells like cigarettes and beer. The father asks his son what he had learned in his bass lesson that day.... The son replied "I did not go to my lesson tonight Dad, I had a Gig!!!!"

Q: What's the difference between a drummer and a savings bond?
            A: Savings bonds eventually mature.

Q: How do you know if the stage is level?
            A: Drool comes out of both sides of the singers mouth.

Q: How many bass players does it take to change a light bulb?
            A: 8 - 1 to screw it in, and 7 to beat back the guitarists trying to get into the spotlight.

Q: What's the difference between a chiropodist and a drummer?
            A: A chiropodist bucks up the feet......................!

Q: Did you hear about the bassist that locked his keys in his car?
            A: It took them hours to get the drummer out.

Comment

Teehee, just found some good ones:

Q: Hey, did you hear about the Drummer who finished high school
              A: Me Neither

Q: What did the drummer say to the band leader?
              A: Do you want me to play too fast or too slow?

A guy wanted to play bass in a band. The band told him, "Okay, but you will have to have 1/3 of your brain removed." So the guy went into surgery. When he woke up, the doctor said, "I'm terribly sorry, but we made a mistake and accidentally removed 3/4's of your brain instead. You're now a drummer"

A man goes to a pacific island for vacation. As the boat nears, he notices the constant sound of drumming. As he gets off the boat, he asks a native how long the drumming will go on. The native casts about nervously and says "very bad when drumming stops."
              Later that day, the drumming is still going and it is really starting to get to him. So, he asks another native when the drumming will stop. The native looks as if he's just been spooked. "Very bad when drumming stops," he says, and hurries off.

After a couple of days with little sleep, the man had had enough. He grabbed the first native he saw, slammed him up against a tree, and shouted, "What happens when the drumming stops?!"

The native replied, "Bass solo."

A customer walks into the brand new store downtown that sells brains. There are three glass cases, each containing a nice wet quivering gray brain. The first one says "SCIENTIST", and it costs $100. The second says "ELECTRICIAN" and costs $1000. The third says "DRUMMER" and costs $10,000. The customer is confused, and questions the salesperson.
              "I don't get it...why is a Drummers brain so expensive?".

The salesman replied, "Do you know how many drummers we had to go through to find a brain?!?"

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

The pacific island one is one of my favorites, but I was too lazy to type it out, lol. I just cut and paste the jokes from my musician's forum

Comment

Well, I just drew a crude map of the Linguistics lab....

I know. The sun's out shining and I'm sitting here fiddling with Paint. Evil program.

Comment

VERY NICE Ryn!

Just two things then
                    * Where's the bed you mentioned for exhausted linguists
                    * And a desk/table infront of the black board makes it a bit hard to use:s

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Thank you
                      I ditched the bed in favour of bookshelves.
                      And it's but a small table. The blackboard can be pulled forward. It's one of those that you use pens for, not chalk, and it's kinda magnetic too, I guess...

Comment

Nice one Ryn, love the REALLY HUGE BOOKSHELVES

fyi: there's something called ebeam, which works just like a board, but instead of using chalk or a whiteboard pen, you have a projector, and you write stuff on the board normally, but it records it into a computer

It's so cool, my Maths teachers are using it for lessons at the moment

Xym: I just copied and pasted it from the website I found it from

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

OK then an ebeam thingy it is

Comment

Found the website, after a few seconds on google

http://www.e-beam.com/

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Thankyou, I've added it on the map, too, and the link will be put in description in first post as well. *goes to pm Blue again*

Comment

Whoo Hoo!!!!! Map of the linguists lab. *Does happy dance* I love it Ryn!!!

Will have to study it a bit more tonight, and now that Kylie's go the green light to leave the infirmary, I suspect we'll be using it quite a bit.

I'll also have to postpone the last infirmary post for Kylie until tonight as well, the Mary one took a bit longer than expected.

Oh, well, at least she's free!!!

Just noticed the e-beam stuff. My school uses technolgy like that. It's really awesome.
                                Dear Journal
                                My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X