OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
    I was on another RPG - not this type. There was levelling, weapons, armour involved... I had an RP family and a group of friends. And my character was going to marry one of them when we'd played the minimum time to use that feature.

Then I could only focus on one website; I had to wade through everything threw at me by someone who called themself my friend, my mother was in hospital and, two days after, my sister was hospitalised. I spent almost three weeks house-hopping between different relatives and my dad told my aunt that he was preoccupied with the roof on one of his rental properties. By the time I came back to the website, most of my friends had disappeared and my 'sister' turned out to have been masquerading around as someone entirely different... :/

I don't go back much now - only to message my in-game niece. Luckily, RL is improving. The friend I mentioned before has moved to Australia and, in October, I'll have been with my boyfriend for a year. Hopefully, I'll be moving one step closer to my 'dream'. And I apologise for dumping this on you all of a sudden...
    They always become a family one way or another. Somehow, someway.

Ack to your experience. I recently had a crappy one with NCIS site I'm with. I left then returned when my friend who is a second admin manage to clean the mess a CO-Admin created. So I can understand how you feel.

Don't aoplogise ....we are here to listen to rants and whatnot. With alot of us in this RP, what you see...is what you get. I'm speaking for a handful of us...everyone

And I live in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
      They always become a family one way or another. Somehow, someway.

Ack to your experience. I recently had a crappy one with NCIS site I'm with. I left then returned when my friend who is a second admin manage to clean the mess a CO-Admin created. So I can understand how you feel.

Don't aoplogise ....we are here to listen to rants and whatnot. With alot of us in this RP, what you see...is what you get. I'm speaking for a handful of us...everyone

And I live in Australia.
      What kind of mess? :/ On that same website, one mod was always swearing. It didn't get them anywhere with those who'd been around a long time.

I own an RP forum - there are only me and four of the admins that make regular appearances anymore. Sometimes the mod pops up and one of the regular members but, other than that, it's just us. And we've even lost our pain-in-the-backside spammer (the worst part is that she's known me for a long time in RL).

The people I know who live in Australia seem to divide into two portions - awesome and not so awesome. I think you'd fit in the first. ^_^ With my god-parents and honorary sister on here.
      Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
      My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
        What kind of mess? :/
        I'll PM you the story. And awesome on the rest. But you are right I fit in the first

Comment

@SilverRider Xym was always fun to interact with and loved reading his posts.

And thank you....i hope it works out. Sorry yours didn't. Relationships are really hard no matter what.

And bad experience in RP are not fun, especially when people create undue drama. I had made one person unduly mad in this one when i first started. She was pretty rude about the whole thing, i was like get over it, its a game its not real. But oh well.
          sigpic
          Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

He was always epic and super long with his posts.....I miss him and his RPing skills. Plus a chatter box too

Mine wouldn't have worked out anyway...we were too similar.

My bad RP experience was down right mean or rather too childish coming from the other person.

Comment

Got a bday email from GW yesterday so I thought I'd poke my head in. How long has it been? I had lots of fun RPing here, and sadly haven't done any since. People leaving, life getting hectic, and the mother of all Mary Sue RP'ers driving me crazy (she shall remain nameless) led to my departure.

Silver, you were the best, hopefully I run into you again in the future. All the best to you in your endeavors.

Max, I'm glad to see your book got published. Your posts were always very well written. Congrats!

RL has been hectic, but good for the most part, though this past six months has been rough, but things are moving in the right direction.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

OMG!!!!! XYM!!! Oh how I missed you. This pop in is a wonderful surprise; hope you had a fabulous birthday. I do wish you return to RPing if life allows even for a short time. Heck I did take that over a perm return any day. Oh I haven't seen Mama Mary Sue () around here in a quite a long time. I do know who you are talking about. I might have to sanitise my site, if she showed up.

Aww thanks. I too hope to run into you in the future as well. And after all, I learnt how to RP from the best of the best -you- I ever came across. You take the full credit of turning me into a an RP player I'm today. My PM and my email is always open for you to contact me.

Hope whatever the rough ride is, I hope it goes away soon. And wish you best all the best too.

I logged in to babble all this away and it's little after 11pm here. Can you believe that??

Comment

Once I get through early Jan and District Chorus I should have some time, though I don't know how much. Still, if I can, I just may stop by your RP site. Hopefully there will be a way to work Lance McKinnon into the story (or a new RP persona reveals itself to me filling some sort of void in the RP), but I don't want to commit to it unless I can do it at the level I was before, or better.

As far as any influence I may have had on your RPing, I think you give me far too much credit and sell yourself way too short. Your posting definitely helped me raise my game, and we just seemed to play off each other's characters really well. Your RP ability was considerable even before my excessively verbose posts started. Sadly the PC I used to RP from died and I don't have your email addy any more.

Here's hoping your site never needs to be sanitized, . (I wish I still had the Code Rodney smiley Shel-Bel had made, lol).

Comment

First and foremost.....MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Wish you luck in the District Chorus. Since they have an epic teacher like you, they will do well.

I did love to have Lance over. I'll PM you details soon. I can and will make an exception with you over the activity level from your end. Other than that we can work something out for you where you can come and post when time allows.

I was doing one-lines posts before you came along. You actually helped me lift my game here from reading your posts. Fair to say we helped each other lift our game. I agree we did play them off very well. I dumped Claire as a players character on my other RP sites. She lives in NPC land.

On the note of "Mama" Mary Sue, she joined forces with tantrum throwing "Princess" Mary Sue and left this site. Thank god for small miracles

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
                      (I wish I still had the Code Rodney smiley Shel-Bel had made, lol).
                      Guess what I found in my photobucket

Comment

LOL!

BTW, I haven't done too much reading back in the other threads, but what happened to all of the game posts for Aftermath? (I was hoping to relive some memories and maybe filch Lance's bio for possible use elsewhere if things pan out.)

Comment

Found Lance's bio, but still wondering where the game posts went.

Comment

The game kinda died, Sharp and Blue have been MIA for some time now.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
                              Found Lance's bio, but still wondering where the game posts went.
                              I know what you are asking, the game posts are around, you need to just adjust your setting to "from the beginning". And three pages of it will show.

Comment

Saw that a few "oldies" had stopped by to put down a foot print in here, so there you go:

*FOOT PRINT*

Still alive and kickin' and floating around in cyber space as you can see, but definitely not having the time I once had to RP. Miss you guys heaps!! but as they say - Life goes on...

Happy new year to all of you from the kid up in the north!

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Working...
                                X