sigpic

Comment

anyone seen DG??

was wondering to wait on this?

or to move on!!

teehee!!
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
        Attention!

Major McKinnon (Xym)
        Dr. Aaronson
        Colonel Hanes (SR)
        Colonel Kelea

Check this post for information.
        Yes ma'am, posts should be coming along soonish.

and Oh Vincet......you might wanna put my name next to Hanes....I claim him...if I can

Comment

Havent seen her, Ainty, methinks she is probably either without net, or has moved to a secure location that has no net, or is home for the holidays, and hopefully she is not MIrealA...

I think you could move on but that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
            Yes ma'am, posts should be coming along soonish.

and Oh Vincet......you might wanna put my name next to Hanes....I claim him...if I can
            Haven't got around to cataloguing Beta yet, but I shall when I do
            "I once thought it better to be right
            But now I have finally seen the light
            Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
            I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
            Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

*puts up notice*

Could anyone help me finding two NPC nurses for my two charries currently stuck in Infirmary ?

Ryn needs breakfast, and help with her release.

Dean needs help waking up...
              He also needs a doctor's check-up.

I could probably play one myself, but, it's more fun playing off someone else. If you haven't seen a post with this in yet, feel free to work something up

Comment

Patience is a virtue my dear

Told you I'd help you out with a nurse for Ryn, I've just been waiting for Gus to drop the note, remember? Maybe JM forgot that part in her last post....
                Anyway, I'm on my way if you want to.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

I think I have been very patient, which is why I posted the above.

Comment

Sorry, Ryn and NG, I honestly thought that I had included the note in my Gus post. Must have lost it between all the re-writes.

Thanks for covering with Sam anyway.
                    Dear Journal
                    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Can I formally request that the Outdoor Docking Area training mission be brought to a close, even if it is an anti-climax ending.

I don't mean to sound impatient, but with so many of the people in the teams semi active (I've spoken to SG78fan and she's very busy in real life. I know MO is busy. AF isn't able to load the forum at the moment, no idea what's happened to DG and Tup {I do hope they're all right} Xym becoming active again, O writing a novel and going through schooling and me going to be away soon) we could fall a long way behind. I think it's time to finish it.

My thinking: Blue sent someone to check on them during the night, we can do a quick meet n' greet, then get a humvee out, pick them up, drop them back at base and have them all go to the infirmary and it be the time it is now there.

I know, I know it seems impatient but the last RP post there is getting on for about 3 weeks now.
                      "I once thought it better to be right
                      But now I have finally seen the light
                      Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
                      I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
                      Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                        "..."Hi, uh, doc," Dean said, after casting a glance at the newcomer's attire. She was dressed much like the CMO had been (a white lab coat with a badge, over civvie clothes, the nurse he had seen, had worn a kind of jump suit -- ((hope I get this right ))), so he guessed she was a doctor also..."
                        Jumpsuits? You mean like this Sorry, but I think you did get it wrong...

My 2-cents regarding the clothing for the staff on duty in the infirmary:

Scrubs or civvie clothing with lab coats. Though as mentioned in the Wiki-link, scrubs would be the most preferable due to any angry little bacteria or other nasty stuff, like the MRSA
                        At work, IR, we are forbidden to use civvies, you're not allowed to use ANY long sleeved clothing when your in contact with patients, just so that you easily can disinfect yourself with alcohol based stuff on your hands and lower arms, before and after every contact.
                        Even the long sleeved lab coats are on their way out from the supply closets *shivers* They can be really useful when it's cold and you're having desk duty

SO:

Since we in this RP have a central laundry service, I don't see why civvie clothing can't be allowed on occasion, such as Gus and Julianna have Jumpsuits though; No.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

You are correct. The medical Staff wear scrubs or, if you're doing administrative tasks, a lab coat over your regular clothing.

Uniforms (BDUs) would be prefered when on duty, whether you are a civilian or not. And why not use up the military supplied clothing and save your, now irreplacable, civvies for off duty?

Outside the Medical services a jumpsuit could be your clothing. Especially the mechanics in the hangar bay and any maintainence people. Mostly it would be coveralls or boilersuit to protect your 'real' clothing.

The Mess hall staff usually wear BDU trousers, tee-shirts and full aprons.
                          Last edited by Gen Blue; 06 January 2009, 02:33 AM.
                          Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks I was just wondering lol. Good thing we sorted this out!

Oh - just wondering again - are the scrubs coloured differently ? Like, I don't know, different shades for different positions ?

I'll edit my post once I know
                            Last edited by Ryn; 06 January 2009, 03:50 AM.

Comment

.... Got another question. I'm sure this has been asked before - probably by me, too .... - but here it is again:

How does the base mainly communicate with Foreston and Riverton ? I've always thought they use phones, but JM says in her post that it's radio ?

If it's phones, the Sheriff has one in his office that the Infirmary could call (and I know the Infirmary has a phone. lol ).

As for phones - how widespread is this in Foreston, anyway ? It's been said that the Sheriff, the Mayor, the Garrison, and possibly Jack's? all have phones, but what about regular people, like those without a shop ? Is it networked all through the town - and everyone has a phone - or is it just the important parts of the town ?

The Mayor probably also has a connection to the base on her phone (maybe even a red button there ).

Just wondering.

Could people also post this kind of information on the Game update thread ? That's where I'd look next time I need it...

Comment

They could use both/either- but I beleive there is a phone line running from base to Foreston.

As for the system in Foreston- I would say as part of the condition for enabling the Tau'ri to build a base and take their stargate> we could have set up their small town with a phone system for close to nothing. (aka, whoever wanted one could get one).

As for overall communications:
                                The base has a phone system running throughout, in addition to an advanced radio system:
                                And by this I mean: that everyone has a specific radio> and though you can only switch channels from you're radio> people on a base computer with the right access can target specific radios.
                                (Ex: flight control can connect directly to Sharp's radio, instead of him actively having to be on a flight control channel to listen for his name.)

Tell me if I'm contradicting anything- or simply getting it wrong. I just wrote this off the top of my head
                                sigpic
                                Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Working...
                                X