No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Essentially the way I tried to portray it is that those were supplies that I brought with me when I came here from Earth. I was not issued them here. I have just about every Army Special Forces training that I could have. They teach you to always be prepared because you never know when the **** is going to hit the fan. It was quite simply my rucksack with stuff that I ALWAYS keep in it. More out of habit now than it used to be. With Earth gone, there is not as much chance of deployment, but it is still the way I was trained. The MREs are personal. You can buy them at a lot of Surplus Stores. That type of thing. If that really is an issue, then I will change it, but it seems logical and fits with my character.

When I said "wall locker" I essentially meant my closet or similar type of storage thing. If we have our own rooms, I guarantee you that we have a place where I can keep my ruck sack.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDgamer View Post
      Essentially the way I tried to portray it is that those were supplies that I brought with me when I came here from Earth. I was not issued them here. I have just about every Army Special Forces training that I could have. They teach you to always be prepared because you never know when the **** is going to hit the fan. It was quite simply my rucksack with stuff that I ALWAYS keep in it. More out of habit now than it used to be. With Earth gone, there is not as much chance of deployment, but it is still the way I was trained. The MREs are personal. You can buy them at a lot of Surplus Stores. That type of thing. If that really is an issue, then I will change it, but it seems logical and fits with my character.

When I said "wall locker" I essentially meant my closet or similar type of storage thing. If we have our own rooms, I guarantee you that we have a place where I can keep my ruck sack.

sry didn't read the post yet ... but can vouch that MRE's can be had by the general population ... as a backpacker we frequently use them. In fact I have a couple around right now. Part of my always ready to go on a whim backpack.

teehee!!
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

How much room is there in the back of the truck?

We have quite a long list of people going back to the base now:

Gen, Cal, Rosie, Bri on a stretcher and Charlie-boy, Black and Holliday. Did I forget anybody? Sorry in advance then...

Is there room for Kevin or will he be forced to WALK to the base in case he want to follow Bri??

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

a lot of boxes and a lot of people, and all in Bouncy-Bouncy ....

Some will have to walk, although Nick could order another humvee from the base to get there, too ... I dunno.

Comment

The travel out with Almodeus and Stevens Kylie-type established that Bouncy is a four-seater truck. That reduces the amount of storage space in the bed, but if everybody is willing to be very friendly, you can squeeze quite a few people in the back of a humvee.

I've seen about six-eight people packed in the back with our duffle bags and rucks for going on a FTX. Your feet do not touch the floor, there's a significant bit of shoving and whining, and the only thing to do on an extended drive as a passenger in the back is sleep. You can't see anything around you because of the canopy.

In an emergency situation like this, the cargo would probably be downloaded to retrieve later.
            "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
            " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
            Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Thanks DG

Ok, so off with the crates/boxes then, and any volunteers to walk, or do you want to be "friendly" with each other??

And all of a sudden we have to do another ride back to Foreston
              Hallooo David???

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

*David* Hmmmmm you called? Oh let me go back to zzzz.... *snores*

Ahem...

I just had a thought re: the practical organisation of the relocation of things.

Could I have Holmes coordinate together with the garrison ? They would want to save on fuel as much as possible. So I doubt they'd organise a SECOND trip that day, just a return one. So one trip in total.

Anyway. They (deputies + garrison crew + other able men/women ?) could carry the boxes manually to the base, or use bicycles to stack em up, heck, even Eddie's transport thingy could be used. Cuz those supplies are as much needed as a doctor for Simmons. Otherwise people might starve to death.

Should Blue and Cal choose to go on foot, which is highly unlikely, the deputies could surround them, whilst still carrying all the boxes.

Not sure how many boxes there would be, give or take a 100 maybe. Possibly more like wooden crates, since paper boxes can only be used so many times.

Gen? This about feasible to you? It would take them the whole Sunday, but I do think it's practical.

In short, possible seating arrangement for Bouncy-Bouncy:

- Holiday + Black up front, steering
                - Blue + Cal in the back on one row
                - Brih + stretcher + Donovan in the back row
                - rest of the truck stacked full of boxes, unless the patient will be loaded in last for easy access at the base.

Everyone else will walk (and carry boxes! )

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
                  *David* Hmmmmm you called? Oh let me go back to zzzz.... *snores*

Ahem...

I just had a thought re: the practical organisation of the relocation of things.
                  Spoiler:

Could I have Holmes coordinate together with the garrison ? They would want to save on fuel as much as possible. So I doubt they'd organise a SECOND trip that day, just a return one. So one trip in total.

Anyway. They (deputies + garrison crew + other able men/women ?) could carry the boxes manually to the base, or use bicycles to stack em up, heck, even Eddie's transport thingy could be used. Cuz those supplies are as much needed as a doctor for Simmons. Otherwise people might starve to death.

Should Blue and Cal choose to go on foot, which is highly unlikely, the deputies could surround them, whilst still carrying all the boxes.

Not sure how many boxes there would be, give or take a 100 maybe. Possibly more like wooden crates, since paper boxes can only be used so many times.

Gen? This about feasible to you? It would take them the whole Sunday, but I do think it's practical.

In short, possible seating arrangement for Bouncy-Bouncy:

- Holiday + Black up front, steering
                  - Blue + Cal in the back on one row
                  - Brih + stretcher + Donovan in the back row
                  - rest of the truck stacked full of boxes, unless the patient will be loaded in last for easy access at the base.

Everyone else will walk (and carry boxes! )

excuse me???

you really think Kevo would walk ANDDDD carry boxes!!!

teehee!!

you know his shock will wear off!!
                  sigpic
                  SCORE!!

Comment

can anyone tell me ~~ would you be able to see the mayor's residence from balconies at jack's? if i understood from some posts the view is looking away from town towards the outskirts of town.

would it be close enough to actually hear the breakage of glass.

i may be way off ~~ am no gun expert, but if i understood what i read on the sniper's gun it has a muffler of some sorts so the shot would not be loud from the gun. the noise that would have been heard would have been the window breaking.

teehee!!
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!

Comment

Brian wouldnt want to walk either

He is in his good suit lol

Comment

precisely!!

teehee!
                        sigpic
                        SCORE!!

Comment

Quick Question foreston related:

Are we okay to start investigating the shooter? I was going to have the NPC deputy I was using start...obviously not finding him, but at least start investigating...If not...no worries...
                          Last edited by Tupopoflungo; 26 March 2008, 09:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                            can anyone tell me ~~ would you be able to see the mayor's residence from balconies at jack's? if i understood from some posts the view is looking away from town towards the outskirts of town.

would it be close enough to actually hear the breakage of glass.

i may be way off ~~ am no gun expert, but if i understood what i read on the sniper's gun it has a muffler of some sorts so the shot would not be loud from the gun. the noise that would have been heard would have been the window breaking.

teehee!!
                            Yeah, I think so. A shot would be heard regardless, but it may be a softer sound than the glass. Here's a POSSIBLE lay-out of the Foreston Main Street - Gen - please!!! say yes or no on this:

Town entrance (I think you'd enter the town through the main street, and it would lead up from the road with the cottages on

Garrison - two/three civilian houses - Mayor's House - two/three civilian houses - Sheriff's office/jail - two/three civilian houses - General Store - houses - Jack's Bar

This sound about right ? Or we could have them face each other:

Right side if you enter Foreston :

Garrison - civilian houses - General Store - civilian houses - Jack's Bar

Left side :
                            Mayor's House - civilian houses - Sheriff's office - civilian houses

Please tell me if anything is missing. GEN!!!!! maybe make a layout with powerpoint?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
                              Yeah, I think so. A shot would be heard regardless, but it may be a softer sound than the glass. Here's a POSSIBLE lay-out of the Foreston Main Street - Gen - please!!! say yes or no on this:

Town entrance (I think you'd enter the town through the main street, and it would lead up from the road with the cottages on

Garrison - two/three civilian houses - Mayor's House - two/three civilian houses - Sheriff's office/jail - two/three civilian houses - General Store - houses - Jack's Bar

This sound about right ? Or we could have them face each other:

Right side if you enter Foreston :

Garrison - civilian houses - General Store - civilian houses - Jack's Bar

Left side :
                              Mayor's House - civilian houses - Sheriff's office - civilian houses

Please tell me if anything is missing. GEN!!!!! maybe make a layout with powerpoint?

Ryn, im trying to see if i could possibly do a layout here...but your first idea is a bit confusing...could you elaborate a bit?

Here is my take on it...incorporating everything Ryn said was there, but laying it out my own way, if i left anything out, or need to delete/change stuff...let me know...

Spoiler:

now im no expert on foreston, or whats in it, so I hope I got everything...
                              Last edited by Tupopoflungo; 27 March 2008, 02:07 AM. Reason: added map

Comment

As to supplies stashed in your quarters - no weapons or other ordnance allowed. That's all in the armory, even your zat. Only SFs, Sharp & Blue are armed inside the base.

Usually field packs are stored in the Armory as well. They'll handle keeping it supplied with your requirements, including any special requests.

You can choose to keep a small personal pack in your quarters as long as you abide by the 'no weapons' policy.
                                Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X