No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see some gears too, wheels as well, some crank-shafts and spark-plugs to balance out the mix.

Comment

A thought that occurred to me while reading Adria's shooting on the range. If everyone designates cleaning up their brass (the outer shell of the round) and puts the brass in one spot, it's possible with some ammunition types to put a new bullet in the case. Possibility if we obtain the right metals or meet a higher technology civilization.
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

YAY my randomness helpped.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Hmmm, this reminds me of the Genii, somehow, but then again they live in the Pegasus galaxy... Not sure which galaxy Gaia is in. But I'm quite sure there would be a similar to Earth planet there, too. We just have to find it.

Comment

Milky Way Galaxy. So far, we have no way to reach Pegasus.
            "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
            " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
            Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Earth evolved as it did because we were the ones who stood up to our Goa'uld and kicked their @$$es off the planet. It was after that, that the Goa'uld started seeding other planets with humans stolen from Earth. Hence the reason we are the "Tau'ri" - first ... something. I can't remember.

Most other planets, not under current Goa'uld rule, were abandoned by their 'gods' or are under Asgard protection. Before someone jumps up and points to the Tollan or the Aschen, I said "most". New Hebrides, too. They're the most advanced civilization encountered that's still around, I think.

Also, Earth is the only one who found the 'address book' on Abydos and the only one who got the Ancient's 'address book' via Jack. The rest are doing trial and error to connect to places.

Look at it this way, too. If another exploring race contacted us and visited Gaia, what would they find? The remnants of a race struggling to survive for another generation. The shoe is on the other foot now. We're not the rescuers, we're the rescuees.
              You're never too old to do something goofy.
              sigpic
              Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                ((snip)) Look at it this way, too. If another exploring race contacted us and visited Gaia, what would they find? The remnants of a race struggling to survive for another generation. The shoe is on the other foot now. We're not the rescuers, we're the rescuees.
                .... Which is why I find this RP soooooo very good/interesting/all that jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                  <Snip>Look at it this way, too. If another exploring race contacted us and visited Gaia, what would they find? The remnants of a race struggling to survive for another generation. The shoe is on the other foot now. We're not the rescuers, we're the rescuees.
                  Which is the exact reason i think it would be an awesome story plot

thanks to revan from sony forum
                  Jeff Frye

Comment

1.) The RP is already set up that way.

2.) You almost copied my entire above post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
                      .... Which is why I find this RP soooooo very good/interesting/all that jazz.
                      sigpic
                      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
                        [ Sarah Whitely - Waiting Room ]
                        ((Do we have a hallways thread?))
                        No 'Hallways' thread. Go to your destination and use [Hallway] as a tag.
                        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
                          1.) The RP is already set up that way.

2.) You almost copied my entire above post.
                          Sorry i didn't see yours

thanks to revan from sony forum
                          Jeff Frye

Comment

Thanks Gen.
                            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                            LOVE HIM-> DT
                            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Question about Foreston. How do we pay for things? I assume military scrip is the common currency used there. Just for the convenience of having only one kind of money.
                              You're never too old to do something goofy.
                              sigpic
                              Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

No idea about the economy of this place.

Maybe it works like in the old days, before money. Trading goods and services? Like, if you got a broken door or whatnot, a carpenter will fix it for you and you will in return fix his drainpipe? Stuff like that?

*wonders if Jack expects his customers to do the washing up for him... *

Comment

Working...
                                X