Armory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<Mission Preparation>>

Black thought for a moment, carefully considering his words. "Well, as long as you are covering his six and not the other way around." He stopped knowing that wasn't fair. The Captain may be a good soldier. Of course he is. Why else is Claire all gaga over him? "Never mind. That is something you should decide upon on your own."

He grinned a small grin and then let the Claire comment slide off. The man just didn't know her the way he did. She may be a snarky little thing but, behind it all she was this brilliant, engaging. He sighed and held on to not drift off into his thoughts of her.

Realizing Foster was observing his shoulder. He sat up and tried to disguise the minor pain. "SG1 is back on duty. OffWorld in," He glanced at his watch. "Thirty." Raised an eyebrow. "Guess I need to get to it. Gate time is soon here." He went back to work with repacking his bag.

"Hey Sarge, about your CO, don't let my opinion cloud your judgement. He must have something if Blue put him in charge." He gave the man a friendly smack on the shoulder. "Congrats by the way."

sigpic
    SCORE!!
    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Tim nodded, “Yeah, I guess so too. You don't get to be an XO on just a pretty face, and my gut feeling, for what ever it's worth, tells me he's an ok guy though. Only the future can tell, team building takes time.”

He mimicked the doc's gesture and looked at his watch, “Oh crap. Doc Svensson called about 10 minutes ago. I promised I'd meet her in the Infirmary as soon as I could.”

Not returning the shoulder slap out of consideration, Tim grinned and started to move away towards the door, “Thanks doc, and you take care now. Don't let me be the one they send through the gate to pick up the pieces, Ok?”

Last edited by Northern Girl; 11 November 2009, 12:38 PM.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

<<Mission Preparation>>

On just a pretty face, "Huh." His jaw clenched and he turned his head to not reveal the serious eye roll. Continuing to organize the emptied contents. Choosing to bite his tongue and not comment any further on Captain Pretty Face.

Turning to face Foster with an I am so innocent look on his face. "Now don't you use me as an excuse for being tardy. I'm already in deep enough with our dear doc." His usual grin crossed his face.

"Sorry, not a possible pieces mission. Just a dress up party." Raising an eyebrow with a little cock of the head. "Speaking of dress up. So, Andrews, what you got in Bounty Hunter in my size. I know the Colonel. Between the two choices he was pondering, it will be Bounty Hunter. I was thinking leathers!" Now he was grinning ear to ear at the retreating Foster.

sigpic
        SCORE!!

Comment

Sharp bounced merrily down the steps, excited for the new mission, and hoping that it would take everybody's mind off of the drama.

Slapping the retreating Foster on the back he offered a, "What's up Sarge?" as he walked into the armory.

"Ah, I see the doctor here has already begun. Great! We need something good, Andrews. We're goin' as bounty hunters: undercover. Got any alien gear?"

He began to walk towards the back.

"We're definitely going bulletproof underneath, but what do you have on top? I'm thinkin' leather jacket..."

(Anyone want to play Andrews? If not, I'll pick him up tomorrow )
          sigpic
          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Tim grinned at Zach, “A masquerade? Agreed then, doesn't sound very dangerous. Have fun!”
            He raised a hand in a good bye gesture, quickly changing it to straightening up though as the colonel entered and glued on a smile and gave Sharp a nod as he passed him, “All good sir, all good.”

Tim hurried out of the door, hoping he'd be finished in the infirmary before Sharp and his team came down there for their pre-mission. With his timing, he'd probably end up in the middle of it, getting stuck with Sharp himself due to the shortness of staff they experienced down there...

>> To infirmary via Locker rooms to have a shower and a change of clothes >>

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

<<From mess hall>>

LT Barden walked into the armory and headed for his locker not noticing he was in the company of Colonel Sharp. He opened his locker and took out his tactical vest slipping it over his shoulders and zipping it up. He checked the pockets and made sure everything he needed was in them. He adjusted his holster along his thigh and inserted the M9 into it snapping the strap into place. He reached in and grabbed his modified M4 the one weapon he took with him when he was transferred from earth before its destuction. He made sure the safety was on and slid the sling over his shoulder. When he turned around he instantly snapped to attention.
              "Good Afternoon Sir"

He waited in the position of attention waiting for the Colonel to respond.

<<Armory>>
              Last edited by 1LTBarden; 17 November 2009, 11:55 PM.
              1LT Chris Barden United States Marines
              Alpha Site Security Team member

Aftermath RP:
              1st Lt. Chris Barden

Teal'C and Major Lorne -SSU RP

General Hammond: Colonel O'Neil what the hell are doing?!

O'Neill: In the middle of my backswing!?

Comment

<<Mission Preparation>>

Zach snickered at Foster's comments. Giving himself an internal twack for thinking that it wouldn't hurt him any if Tim brought back his new 'Pretty Face' leader in a few pieces. He had never wished that upon everyone. Dang Zach, what are you letting this woman do to you? Came from his true voice. But, deep inside another of his voices remarked sarcastically, Besides why would you give someone else the pleasure that could be yours? His eyes widened at himself. Where did that come from?

Black straightened up a bit as Sharp entered. As if the man could read his mind of something. Of course sometimes he wondered. He snickered a little more.

Originally posted by sharp
                "Ah, I see the doctor here has already begun. Great! We need something good, Andrews. We're goin' as bounty hunters: undercover. Got any alien gear?"

He began to walk towards the back.

"We're definitely going bulletproof underneath, but what do you have on top? I'm thinkin' leather jacket..."
                Holding up is hands as to say I told you so. He forced a grin for Andrews sake as the bad should pinched to remind him it wasn't quite ready for that.

"I was thinking something in a one shoulder satchel for my gear." Knowing a two shoulder bag wasn't going to work. Zach was doing a quick inventory as to what he could do without. The lighter the better. A snarl crossed his face when Sharp mentioned bullet proof. More weight. Maybe they could abscond with some of that high tech very light weight alien stuff.

There was a small distraction by the arrival of a new LT. Black had to muzzle a laugh at his formality. Sharp was many things but, formal wasn't one of them. He had learned that lesson hard and fast. He put his head down and pretended to be busy while the whole scene played out.

((sry ... hope you weren't waiting for me on this.))
                sigpic
                SCORE!!

Comment

Sharp nodded to the Leiutenant. "At ease L-T." He recognized the man from base security. "Hope Danny* isn't workin' you too hard."

Meanwhile Andrews checked on the computer for what the stores had in....store.

"Looks like you'll have to check down at stores for the clothing, Colonel. But we'll get you set up here with weapons and gear before you head down there."

"Alright,"
                  Sharp looked over to Zach.
                  "I was thinking something in a one shoulder satchel for my gear."
                  "A satchel? Why the h- oh. Shoulder? Hmm." He glanced at Andrews. 'Nah, they wouldn't have one here.'

"We'll get gear here and then put it in non-USAF bags from stores."

"All right, onto the weapons."
                  Andrews said, walking past the two. "I'll set you up with some Tak's, other than that, I'm assuming you'll be using your zats. Do you want any staffs?" He looked up and down the containers. "We have some Serrakin pistols, hmmm." He continued to look over a few more boxes.

"The only problem we have is that if you want anything bigger than a sidearm your going to have to go with staffs."

Sharp looked at Black and shrugged. "We're in trouble if we have to fire a shot anyway."

Master Sergeant Dean Andrews

(*In case you didn't know, Barden, Lt. Colonel Danny Marshall is our head of security. He and Sharp have a little bit of a beef )
                  sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<<Armory>>

Chris went to a more relaxed position and smirked a bit before responding to the colonel.

"No sir no more work than I can handle. It helps keep my mind off everything. Excuse me sir I dont want to be late for my shift."

Chris rechecked all of his equipment and headed out of the infirmary to make his normal rounds around the base.

<<to the control room>>
                    1LT Chris Barden United States Marines
                    Alpha Site Security Team member

Aftermath RP:
                    1st Lt. Chris Barden

Teal'C and Major Lorne -SSU RP

General Hammond: Colonel O'Neil what the hell are doing?!

O'Neill: In the middle of my backswing!?

Comment

"See you later Leiutenant."

Sharp pulled out his pack, and grabbed Black's as well.

"Here, we'll transfer everything to a different bag in the stores if you want."
                      He said, dropping it on the floor next to Zach.

"Alright Andrews, How about two taks for the each of us- don't forget the Major. I'm gonna stick with my zat, Doc, you can go with the Serrakin one if you want..."
                      He paused for a second, remembering something he had read in a report about the Serrakins. "Andrews, didn't those Serrakin folks have rifles?"

Andrews cringed as he opened the case filled with taks. "They're all on Earth I'm afraid. I had a request for some more alien tech from the engineers here, just put the order in the morning of the attack."

"Ah well."
                      He took the taks, placing two in his, and two in Zach's. "Save these two for Ashwood, she should be down here in a sec."

Double-checking his pack had all that he needed, water pouch, food, fire, etc., Sharp swung the bag around his shoulders, and picked up Black's with his other hand. "Got your knife in there Black?" It was the only other weapon they were going to have.

'Zats and knives...definitely bounty hunters.'

((Soon to be going to stores))
                      Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 07 December 2009, 07:01 AM.
                      sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<<From the Mess>>

Ovcharenko entered the armory, her mind completely occupied by Marcus' ability to handle a weapon. She didn't notice the people in the armory at first, but her trained eyes alerted her brain only a second later and she greeted them.

The person she needed in the first place-- Master Sergeant Dean Andrews--was obviously occupied with SG-1's mission preparation, and Lena just leaned against the wall, waiting when for a free moment.

Scorpio looked around the armory, trying to locate her gear. She remembered that, when she came down here for her first time to turn in her weapons, Andrews had added them to a row of familiar weapons, ones that she saw in Russia. A minute of observing proved that Elena was right. There was a stock of Russian Special Forces weapons in the far corner of the room. Obviously, they weren't too fond of the local stuff, since they seemed to be neglected or simply forgotten about.

Finally, she chose what to take to the firing range right here in the armory:

'Marcus said that he was good with a pistol, but I'll let him choose his gear. And I'll take a Kashtan, AK-108 and Vintorez to train myself a bit. And I'll probably let him shoot from them as well. Let's see how he can handle them.'
                        Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 30 November 2009, 07:29 PM.
                        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

(ignore this for now. I missread VS's post.)
                          Last edited by Re1ndeer; 30 November 2009, 08:56 PM.
                          Aftermath RP
                          Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
                          Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
                          SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
                          Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

<<Mission Preparation>>

Black obediently pulled the pack Sharp dropped for him close enough to put his collection on the bench back in. "Sounds good."

Zach frowned at the pistol. "I'll pass on that and the staff." Sharp knew he had a thing against weapons. But, Black knew he had no choice. It came with the job description. The thought of the staff and any recoil with his shoulder wasn't too inviting either. "I will stick with my zat also." At least the zat had an injure only option. His military background had been part of what had made him an attractive package deal to the Colonel. Only problem was he hadn't been privy to all of the history that came with.

He stood to prepare to follow his leader. "Knife is there. So off to the stores or are we awaiting the Major?" He was hoping they weren't. Zach was in no mood for her nagging.

Last edited by aintright; 01 December 2009, 09:08 PM.
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!

Comment

Zach passed on the heavy weaponry. 'Well, no surprise there.'

Sharp motioned with his head. "We're off." He began walking out but paused and turned his head back. "Dean, if you could tell Ashwood we're going down to stores and then, probably," He made a disgusted face, "The infirmary. Thanks!"

"You got it Sir."

<<To Stores Via Elevator>>

sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by vagabond serpent View Post
                                Spoiler:

<<from the mess>>

ovcharenko entered the armory, her mind completely occupied by marcus' ability to handle a weapon. She didn't notice the people in the armory at first, but her trained eyes alerted her brain only a second later and she greeted them.

The person she needed in the first place-- master sergeant dean andrews--was obviously occupied with sg-1's mission preparation, and lena just leaned against the wall, waiting when for a free moment.

Scorpio looked around the armory, trying to locate her gear. She remembered that, when she came down here for her first time to turn in her weapons, andrews had added them to a row of familiar weapons, ones that she saw in russia. A minute of observing proved that elena was right. There was a stock of russian special forces weapons in the far corner of the room. Obviously, they weren't too fond of the local stuff, since they seemed to be neglected or simply forgotten about.

Finally, she chose what to take to the firing range right here in the armory:

'marcus said that he was good with a pistol, but i'll let him choose his gear. And i'll take a kashtan, ak-108 and vintorez to train myself a bit. And i'll probably let him shoot from them as well. Let's see how he can handle them.'
                                Not long after her last thought had formulated, her radio barked with a message from her CO:

Ovcharenko. Drop whatever it is you’re doing and meet me in the mess hall. Now."

'Oh, great! Good timing, Lance! I hate being interrupted when I have something on my mind, but I promised to be nearby to lend a hand.'

She triggered her own radio:

"Aye, aye, comrade Lieutenant. Already coming."

Scorpio regained her natural balance, leaving the wall to it's own fate and quickly looking around. SG-1 had just left the room and Andrews was already busy with his usual armory affairs, obviously having heard her response and understanding that she’d be busy with something else now. And Marcus was still standing nearby, obviously waiting for her to say something. She turned to him, thinking of what to tell him.

"I'm sorry, Marcus, but there's been a change of plans. I must see Lance now. You just go figure something out to do in the meantime, OK?" She gave him a light smile and winked. "Hey, don't be upset. We will catch up with you later."

Lena started towards the door, but stopped short and turned to Marcus to say one final thing.

"Oh, and keep radio channel open, please. I think we'll catch up with you much sooner then you might think."

Ovcharenko paused for a moment, wondering if she had said everything she should have, debating if there was something else that she wanted from him. She couldn’t think of anything and Elena left the armory, heading to the mess and wondering just what had happened that would require her immediate presence with her CO.
                                Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 08 December 2009, 08:15 PM.
                                Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X