Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

< Recovery 2 >

“Julianna.” Gus gave his colleague a nod and a small grin, “If you think he’s lucid enough, then let him help. I’m trusting your judgment of not letting him over do it.”
    The ‘rain’ of furballs had diminished over the last minute, but every few seconds there was a new one popping in or out of the room.

*radio* "You're coming in scratchy, Major. But if it's five minutes that you need, you'll have them. We're awaiting the arrival of a party with an alternative plan." *Radio*
    “Thank you. Aaronson out.” Gus, once again turned towards the other doctor, “On your way back to the Iso room; notify everybody you see that they are about to shut down the power in 5 minutes. Us included.”

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
    Recovery 2
    Sighing he took the seat again, he gazed up at the CMO, "What is her condition? Internal bleeding, and you placed her in induced or ..." … Then looked at Gus.

He gave the captain look of sympathy, “No, she’s got no internal bleeding. The scans came back clean on that account. Her leg needed some re-stitching and I’m afraid that the one who attacked her did a real number on her head.” Gus shot a fast look at the monitors, before looking back down at the woman in the bed, “Claire is not in a drug induced coma. She’s… unresponsive for lack of better words. She’s in there somewhere, I’m sure of it. She’s just not ready to surface yet… To wake up…”

Spoiler:
    ((Only for you Dillon dear ))

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

<Recovery 1>

{Staff Sergeant Sharron Melrose} NPC

Little Cate was wide awake now and goo-gooing, she had some sense of what was happening around her. Wide dark eyes looked at the ceiling above and the tiny hand lifted that way. "What is it?" Sharron equired. She herself looked up and two purple faces appeared and disappeared quickly. "Right, we're getting out of here sweety. Harmless or not. I don't trust them around you. Nurse..........." She yelled and then pressed the buzzer. it wasn't working. "Nuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrssssssssssee!!!!!!!!!" Sharron yelled louder.

Comment

<Med Bay> >>>> <Recovery 1>
        {Markus Redd}

Markus heard the yelling for a nurse. He wasn't a nurse, but that sounded a little more afraid than a normal thing. Since he wasn't doing anything helpful over here, Markus went to find who was calling out. When he found the source of the noise, he found a Staff Sergeant and a baby. "I'm not a nurse but, is everything alright?"

Markus looked around the room curiously looking for any problems.
        Aftermath RP
        Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
        Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
        SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
        Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

<<Recovery 2 to Nurses' Station to Med Bay to Iso 4>>

Julianna nodded. "I thought so. Between me and the nurse, we won't let him hurt himself."
          As she headed back to Iso, she went up to the nurse's station and plucked a radio, tuning to the common frequency of the current effort. Then into the Med Bay. Taking a deep breath, she started speaking, making herself heard without being excessively loud. "Attention in the Infirmary! Power will be cut in approximately five minutes, take the moment to power off anything that would be killed by a sudden lose of power. This includes computers without batteries, like desktop computers."
          As the people on the nurse's station started to shut off the records computers, she headed back to Iso 4.

The nurse blinked as she watched the doctor pass through the airlock bearing a radio. "He can help, but at his pace, and we don't let him overdo it."

Greg stuck a hand out for the radio, after drying his hands on the towel. "Okay, now what is actually going on?"

The nurse sighed. "The base has an infestation of pink furballs that like electricity."

Steele chimed in. "They're cutting power at the generators in five minutes."

"Who's cutting power?" Greg was already pressing down on the push-to-talk button. If it wasn't done right the people or the machinery would get fried.

"This is Dr. Shelder to whoever's about to cut the generators. I'm an engineer, so I know what I'm doing, now listen to me, there's a certain way to do it or you're going to get electrocuted, or fry the power grid. Over."

Dr. Greg Shelder, SG-6 Engineer
          Dr. Julianna Steele
          Attending nurse
          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Dr. Shelder's radio replied:
            Originally posted by Valorin View Post
            "This is Staff Sergeant Patrick, we are at the generators now. It is covered in the creatures, so reaching it directly could be a problem if these TER's don't keep them away. Can you advise how to proceed? Over."
            Valorin ~ Stephen
            http://valorin.net/

Comment

<<Iso 4>>

Greg racked his brain for a second, forcing the power grid schematics of Beta Site from his memory. The design was basically the same. He was about to push the button, but hesitated to listen to the next of chatter on the net.

Originally posted by RogueRanger
              "This is Flight Leiutenant Hayden. Do not cut the power, I repeat, do not cut the power. I need ten minutes....I'm going to the gate room now."
              Originally posted by Northern Girl
              “Pardon me for speaking up Ma’am; But what is it that you know will work I thought you were a pilot? Not an engineer… Like Shelder actually is, ma’am.”
              Greg sucked his teeth. But it still came back to the emergency cutoffs. He tapped the push to talk. "Patrick, each level has a emergency throw switch to cut prime power. Leave the levels Lieutenant Hayden needs powered and cut the others, they're a few feet aware from the generators themselves, so the creatures shouldn't be hovering, you know floating much and stuff. With the power cut, they'll go, that place, where's their power? Lieutenant, you're sheeping them out the gate, right?"

He let go of the button and rubbed splotchy arms. The nurse soaked a rag and started using it on his scalp and forehead. Greg fumbled for a second and re-keyed the mike. "Um, Over."

"Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
              " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
              Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Re1ndeer View Post
                <Med Bay> >>>> <Recovery 1>
                {Markus Redd}

Markus heard the yelling for a nurse. He wasn't a nurse, but that sounded a little more afraid than a normal thing. Since he wasn't doing anything helpful over here, Markus went to find who was calling out. When he found the source of the noise, he found a Staff Sergeant and a baby. "I'm not a nurse but, is everything alright?"

Markus looked around the room curiously looking for any problems.
                {Staff Sergeant Sharron Melrose and baby Cate}

"No everything is not right...."

"Waaaaaaaa" Cate started bawling loudly.

"I need to get her somewhere quiet, can you get me some clothes, I think mine are in medbay somewhere, all I have is this ward gown and it's not very becoming..."

Originally posted by DragonGate View Post
                <<Iso 4>>

Greg racked his brain for a second, forcing the power grid schematics of Beta Site from his memory. The design was basically the same. He was about to push the button, but hesitated to listen to the next of chatter on the net.

Greg sucked his teeth. But it still came back to the emergency cutoffs. He tapped the push to talk. "Patrick, each level has a emergency throw switch to cut prime power. Leave the levels Lieutenant Hayden needs powered and cut the others, they're a few feet aware from the generators themselves, so the creatures shouldn't be hovering, you know floating much and stuff. With the power cut, they'll go, that place, where's their power? Lieutenant, you're sheeping them out the gate, right?"

He let go of the button and rubbed splotchy arms. The nurse soaked a rag and started using it on his scalp and forehead. Greg fumbled for a second and re-keyed the mike. "Um, Over."

"Yes I am, I need the power for the gate, but we should try and keep primary three phase systems running for as long as possible."

Comment

<Recovery 1> >>>>>>>><Med Bay> >>>>>>><Recovery 1>
                  {Markus Redd}

"Back in a flash." Markus nodded and he rushed down back to the medbay. It took him awhile to find the bag of clothing that belonged to the SGT. Soon, he was on the way back to the Recovery area.

Markus set the bag down near were the SGT was. "I think these are what you are looking for. Is there anything else I can do to help."
                  Aftermath RP

New Seasons RP
                  Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Various radios activated:
                    "Oh for cry... out loud!!"
                    "We all agree that ...gs need to be shepher...e Gate, right? So does anybody...blems if I throw all the non-three-phase switches which aren't the gat... get them up there?"
                    "Security, this is Patrick. I am...er emergency switches now. Please advi... to switch all but the gateroom off. Over."
                    Valorin ~ Stephen
                    http://valorin.net/

Comment

<Recovery 1> >>>>>>>><Med Bay> >>>>>>><Recovery 1>
                      {Markus Redd}

"Back in a flash." Markus nodded and he rushed down back to the medbay. It took him awhile to find the bag of clothing that belonged to the SGT. Soon, he was on the way back to the Recovery area.

Markus set the bag down near were the SGT was. "I think these are what you are looking for. Is there anything else I can do to help."

Gratefully accepting her clothing, still soiled from their harrowing escape Sharron thanked the young man. "Thank you...." She bid him to give her a little privacy so she could change, but first."Could you hold Cate for me...and no peeking while I change."

Comment

<Recovery One>
                        {Markus Redd}

"Of course." Markus gently took the baby from the SGT and he took a few steps away. Then, he turned around to give her some privacy. In the mean time, Markus looked down at the little baby. Cate looked so cute just staring up at him with those little, cute eyes. This made Markus wonder if he wanted kids eventually. While he thought about this, he tried to get the baby to relax.
                        Aftermath RP

New Seasons RP
                        Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

<Recovery One>
                          {Markus Redd}

"Of course." Markus gently took the baby from the SGT and he took a few steps away. Then, he turned around to give her some privacy. In the mean time, Markus looked down at the little baby. Cate looked so cute just staring up at him with those little, cute eyes. This made Markus wonder if he wanted kids eventually. While he thought about this, he tried to get the baby to relax.

Trying to do her best to clean a little of her tattered clothing, using a little water and cloth, after a few minutes Sharron was at the very least presentable, she stepped out of the curtain and looked at the man holding little Cate, her dark eyes smiling now. "Her name is Catherine, after the woman who saved me. I'm Sharron Melrose." She pulled the small cover over Cate's tiny figure so just her head was showing. "She likes you I can tell." Sharron forced a smile. "Do you know anywhere quiet we can go until this furball thing is over." There was genuine worry showing on her face, a stray tear dropped down her cheek.

Comment

<Recovery One>
                            {Markus Redd}

"I'm Markus Redd, SG-7." Markus thought about where a quiet place would be. "My room would be quiet."

Markus mentally slapped himself. That last comment sounded a lot creeper out loud than it did in his head. He hoped that Sharron wouldn't take it the wrong way. She seemed like a caring and smart person. But, he might as well prepare himself to get hit anyway.
                            Aftermath RP

New Seasons RP
                            Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

<<Iso 4>>

Greg waited for either a message back or the lights to go out. When neither happened, he keyed the push to talk. "What's, um." He shook his head, knowing he was loosing his grip on lucidity. "Anybody?" He let go of the button. He had to keep his grip on non-feverish reality if he was going to help with the situation. Putting together a complete sentence, he pushed the button again. What's going on now? Over."

Julianna and the nurse gave each other mutual looks and the slight nod of conspiracy. Greg pulled the radio closer without getting in the water. "I'm fine, I'm fine, really."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

[radio]“Get back in the tub Shelder, looks like some people know what they’re doing after all. I’ll tell them you’ve got a good excuse not to attend the meeting.”[/radio]

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Working...
                                X