No announcement yet.

Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonnie smiled at the same time as her stomach growled. She looked at Mr Cooper and then Gus. "Food is on it's way Sirs." She then answered Henry. "I'll be there Chief, I'm supposed to be finished my second shift now, but well...I might be asleep and I don't have an alarm sir. But I'll do my best or get someone to wake me."

Comment

Recovery 2

He listened as Gus explained the situation to him in regards to her Coloenl. The man was a mother hen as far as Travis was concerned. The news such as this wasn't going to be pleasent no matter who told him or how it was told to him. As long as it wasn't him, for that he would be glad. The last thing he needed was the cranky Colonel's hands around his throat, even when it wasn't his fault at her condition. The man would hold him responsible anyway, even if he had to find a freaking reason. "No offense but the longer it takes him, the better. I don't want him on my case," the Captain protested.

He smiled, taking a note of the way the Major looked her hand in his, he could sense the unasked question that was on the tip of the other man's lips, "That I will, you might have to take me out of here kicking and screaming." He looked at Gus then at Claire, and sighed deeply, "It's harder to stop worrying, then to say it. She maybe a fighter, but Doc, she's still a girl. She might protest at that, but that won't change the facts."

Comment

<Quarters - Robert Duncan>

Robert couldn't even begin to suppress his smile when her stomach started growling loud enough he was shocked the base hadn't gone on alert. "Well, guess we better get to it then" He opened the door, stepping into the hallway and blinking in the brighter light, oriented them towards the Infirmary

<To Infirmary>

<<Waiting Area>>

As the elevator doors slid open to make way for the two. They could easily have been confused as a pair of newly weds. The glow was brilliant and blinding. Almost giddy as little children at play. These were different and trying times. Relationships were surely more rare, more valued, a treasure indeed.

"What is up with this place?" Emma watched in puzzlement at furry creatures that appeared, disappeared and reappeared. There was a sizzle in the air that caused the hair on her neck to stand. With a small shudder her eyes widened as she took in wonder of the sight. "Have we been invaded? Friend or foe? Are these aliens regulars around this place?" LuBan the new arrival to the base inquired of her friend. She was quickly learning to not be surprised by anything. There was no longer such thing as normal or status quo. Just strange and stranger.

In the distance her glance caught the Chaplain down the hall. Maybe he had answers. Maybe he could make sense of everything.

teehee!!

((no prob on the delay tupp ... am on vaca ... been beaching and coastering and riding brooms with Harry! Prob be Sunday or Monday before I can make another landing))
        Last edited by aintright; 10 March 2011, 06:41 PM.
        sigpic
        SCORE!!
        The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

< Recovery room 2 and hallway outside >

Giving the man a reassuring squeeze of the shoulder, Gus had a final look at the monitor above Claire’s head, “I know it’s easier said than done, but as I said, for now stable is good.”
          He placed the chart back on the bed side table, “Use the call button if you need anything. I’ll stop by later.” Gus gave the man a nod and stepped out of the room, almost bumping in to Josh.
          “Hey there! Dinner’s coming in a few.” He made a motion towards Brihanna’s room, doing his best to ignore the fur-balls turning up a bit here and there, apparently heading “Up!”, “You or I to get Kevin to the lounge?”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post

Gus gave the man a nod and stepped out of the room, almost bumping in to Josh.

“Hey there! Dinner’s coming in a few.” He made a motion towards Brihanna’s room, doing his best to ignore the fur-balls turning up a bit here and there, apparently heading “Up!”, “You or I to get Kevin to the lounge?”

Poor Chaplain McGregor - Can I Play Balloon Pop?

Started by the sudden arrival of the Major. He had been entranced by the fury of the furballs and then the arrival of the young couple coming off of the elevator. They looked so happy together. "Ach!" He looked up and grinned at the Major, "Gus!" Grinning at first, then the mention of lunch, there was a palm to forehead smack. "Do you pay visits to the Brig?" Shaking his head in frustration, "I suppose the Councilman has requested we entertain his inquiries over a meal?" The realization that he had definitely stood up the General, THE GENERAL. The Brig, demotion, worse yet, missing out on some special delicacy from the homeland.

Letting out a long sigh, The Chaplain made a head nod to the door from which the doctor had exited, "Is that the young LT? How is she?" He looked past the man to the door as he shifted the pack on his back. "I will bring the illustrious Mr. Cooper to lunch. I'd say you have a full plate. I would like some time with the patient. Some time to pray over her if you would."

sigpic
            SCORE!!
            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

“The brig!?” Gus raised a brow in question. As far as he knew it didn’t have a single occupant. At least not since that ex-nurse had left…

He looked at the door and nodded, “Yes. Lt Davies is in there.” Taking two steps towards the door, he closed it before turning towards Josh and continued.
              “She’s stable, meaning at least not worse than when she was brought in here. She’s had a pretty hard blow to her head and is unconscious, unresponsive. I have no idea when,” Gus sighed and tossed his arms out in a ‘give up’-kind of gesture “or even if she’ll wake up again, so who knows, maybe a few prayers will help. She’s got a friend of hers in there right now. Maybe you know him? He just got here from a Shanstid, a Captain Travis Oxford?”

Comment

((ISO 4))

Greg woke up slowly, it take the man a minute to realize he'd been moved back to a bed. "So's how'm I doing?"

The nurse looked at him from where she was taking vitals. "You're going to live, you rode the hypothermic crisis. We'll need blood samples with your permission for Dr. Michaels' vaccine research, though."

"Oh, yeah, sure." He was too drained to argue the point. "Has anybody been here, anything different?"

"Everyone's been kind of busy, but I'm sure somebody will come to see you when the crisis is over. You don't look too bad, though."

"Thanks for lying, ma'am." Greg relaxed and went back to sleep as she chuckled. He looked like hell, but the woods was past and it was just a matter of rest now.

"Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by aintright View Post
                  <<Waiting Area>>

As the elevator doors slid open to make way for the two. They could easily have been confused as a pair of newly weds. The glow was brilliant and blinding. Almost giddy as little children at play. These were different and trying times. Relationships were surely more rare, more valued, a treasure indeed.

"What is up with this place?" Emma watched in puzzlement at furry creatures that appeared, disappeared and reappeared. There was a sizzle in the air that caused the hair on her neck to stand. With a small shudder her eyes widened as she took in wonder of the sight. "Have we been invaded? Friend or foe? Are these aliens regulars around this place?" LuBan the new arrival to the base inquired of her friend. She was quickly learning to not be surprised by anything. There was no longer such thing as normal or status quo. Just strange and stranger.

In the distance her glance caught the Chaplain down the hall. Maybe he had answers. Maybe he could make sense of everything.

teehee!!

((no prob on the delay tupp ... am on vaca ... been beaching and coastering and riding brooms with Harry! Prob be Sunday or Monday before I can make another landing))

<Infirmary - Robert Duncan>

As the doors slid open to the infirmary, the sterility in the air could not only be seen and smelt, but also, to a degree, felt. He hated this place, hospitals in general bothered him, only bad memories ever happened in hospitals. Dad, Grandad, Uncle Jim, all lost in these places... He thought with a grimace, every fiber in his body wanting to turn and flee, save for the exact opposite urge to stay with his friend. Not sure Emm, haven't really been focused, just coasting lately He glanced around, trying to figure out why they were here and where to go

(OOC: Sorry ainty, time kinda got away from me.)

Comment

((ISO 4))

Greg woke up, feeling better after another sleep. He absently rubbing at his arm, then noticed the little wounds. 'Blood samples, right. Wonder if anybody on Shanstid got sick?'
                    He sat up, shifting around. Feeling well and almost normal. "Excuse me, could I see a mirror? I need to know what level of hell I look like I crawled out of."
                    "You look fine."
                    He didn't believe her but, "If you can spare some of the blood samples, could you test and make sure I'm clean. I'd like to get a discharge soon, maybe."
                    "I'll talk to Doctor Aaronson."
                    "Thanks, do you know where the rest of my team is?" He remembered something, something. Fuzzy memory clicked. Right, the fuzzies, the right. "Nevermind."

"Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Recovery 2

Travis had nodded as the doc left and shifted in his chair but never let go of her hand. Her condition ate him up, he could help but wonder over and over again, how he could have stopped her from leaving the base. If she had to bite his head off, he would have more than welcome that. Heck he would have enjoyed the battle of words with her. Even her angry face as well. But having Sharp on his tail for ticking her off was the down side, and totally against the nature of thing - so he felt that. Having a Colonel for a mother hen just wasn't right.

Inhaling he leaned on the edge of the bed and just waited for her to wake up or something. He was hungry as well, but didn't want to leave her side, not even for few minutes or hours. Just in case she woke up. While he was sure she knew every person on this huge base, it was having someone she was very familiar with would or could help.

Comment

((OOC: Didn’t we just leave this place? ))

Originally posted by Oranos View Post

<<MALP Room>>

"That's nice." He yawned again. He could do Saturdays.

The pair crossed the short distance to the stairs and Robert accepted the flashlight. "I'm good," he replied. Not that he would ever admit otherwise. He was much too self-sufficient for that.

He took the first step a little unsteadily, and began the slow walk towards the infirmary.

<< From MALP room/Gate Room -> Waiting area >>

Tim raised a brow, ‘Riiiight! A penny for every time I've heard that...’ but descended slowly down the stairs, making sure Hughes didn’t stray off to early towards his quarters or what ever other place he might find more interesting than an infirmary bed.

He held the door towards the waiting area open for the LT to pass through and pointed towards the Med bay, “You think you can find the way to your bed by yourself while I go and rattle up some of the more effective pain killers than you got in the gate room?”

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                          << From MALP room/Gate Room -> Waiting area >>

Tim raised a brow, ‘Riiiight! A penny for every time I've heard that...’ but descended slowly down the stairs, making sure Hughes didn’t stray off to early towards his quarters or what ever other place he might find more interesting than an infirmary bed.

He held the door towards the waiting area open for the LT to pass through and pointed towards the Med bay, “You think you can find the way to your bed by yourself while I go and rattle up some of the more effective pain killers than you got in the gate room?”

<<From Gate Room>>

Robert passed through the waiting room door, but failed to make it as far as the Med Bay, wheeling around on Foster. "I've got a concussion. I'm not blind." It was another sudden emotional shift, he realized. He dropped his head, muttering, "Just get the pain killers, Sergeant."

He returned to the bed he'd had before all this began -- the one nearest the entrance, but most importantly, the one nearest the exit. It was all about tactics, after all.

Comment

((OOC: Ok, this took me a little bit longer than I expected… Sorry O!! ))

< Waiting area and Corridors and Staff lounge and Med bay>

Tim held his hands up in a defensive gesture, “On my way Lieutenant. Be with you in a minute,” then turned and headed off towards the nurses station.

He nodded towards LuBan and her companion as he passed them, “Don’t worry Captain,” he said with a teasing grin, knowing very well how she felt about him using her rank, “They’re just passing through… Litterally!”

He got over to the counter, reached for the clip board with Hughes name and headed off towards where the CMO’s voice came from.
                            As he got closer, Tim held up the clip board in the air, waving it a little, in an unobtrusive attempt to catch the doctor’s attention as he spoke to the Chaplain.

Aaronson gave him a nod, “Just one sec Josh” and then walked over to the medic, “Thought you were suppose to long gone by now Tim. What is it?”
                            With a grimace, Tim handed over the chart, “Thought so too, but something came up. Long story short; Lt Hughes is back in bed and need a bit of a refill for his head ache.”
                            “Of course,” Gus nodded as he put down the order in the chart and continued “I’m sure Sam can handle this from here on…?” not releasing the grip of the clip board completely as he was about to hand it back.
                            “Yes sir. I’ll see what I can do.”
                            Gus raised a brow and Tim sighed, “I’ll make sure he’ll take care of this. Sir!”
                            The CMO gave him a grin and let go of the chart, “Thank you. Good night Sergeant.”
                            With a nod towards the two men in the corridor, Tim once again took off down the halls of the infirmary.

He found Sam in the staff lounge, leaning his hip towards the sink, just popping the last piece of a sandwich in his mouth.
                            The nurse took a final large swig of water from his water bottle, holding up his hand as he finished it, “There. Something to keep the stomach calm for a while. At last!” He gave the chart Tim held in his hand a suspicious look, “Work?”
                            Tim nodded and gave him the clip board, “Yep. One stray Lt needing a refill for his head ache. Sounds familiar?”
                            Sam winced, capped the bottle and looked at the chart, “Yeah. He’s mine alright. I’ll better go and see him right away. Thanks for bringing him back…” then added with a chuckle, “…I think!”

Tim opened the fridge next to him, grabbed a sandwich and a bottle of pink juice and grinned at Sam as he left the lounge “Have fuuun!”
                            Sam snorted, tossed his bottle in the recycling bin and headed out towards the Med bay, making a short stop in the medicine cabinet to prep a syringe.

A few minutes later Sam entered the Med bay and walked over to Hughes.
                            “Welcome back Lieutenant.” He held up the syringe, “Got a little something for you…”

NPC – Sam Walker, RN

Comment

<Recovery 2 >

Tim took a few bites of his sandwich as he walked down the corridor towards the recovery rooms, chuckling to himself; he could so imagine Sam’s encounter with one slightly cranky officer.
                              Stopping just out of sight of the open door of Recovery 2, he took a couple of sips from the juice bottle.
                              He hadn’t seen the Lt since he’d left her in the MRI room with the CMO and maybe now was as good time to pay her a visit as any.

Tim took the last few steps towards the opening and stopped in the doorway. The captain was still with her.
                              He cautiously rapped the door-frame to announce his arrival and then took the few steps over to stand next to his CO.
                              “How’s she doing?” A quick glance at the monitors could only tell you so much.

Comment

((ISO 4))
                                The nurse crossed her arms. Truth was, the blood tests had been done while Dr. Shelder slept again. He'd beated his second round, but she wasn't going to let him out yet. She walked out of the room, glancing behind to see he'd laid back down and fallen asleep again. Which was normal, his immune system had gone ten rounds with a disease that was still being studied and made it.

She left the room, seeking the CMO. And passing Recovery 2 in the process. It was just a bad thing all the way around they didn't have the major whose name she couldn't remember right now to help Lieutenant Davis.

((Recovery 2))
                                She tapped lightly on the frame. "Just to let you both know, Shelder's out of the woods. Sleeping right now, but his last blood test was clean. Once I have Dr. Aaronson's approval, we'll move him out of isolation."

She looked at Lieutenant Davis. "If we had that little redheaded major here, this would be no problem. Better in a fingersnap." Of course, a healing device wouldn't be quite that simple, but it was impossible anyway.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Working...
                                X