Quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<From the infirmary>>

Shutting the door behind him as he entered his quarters, Devin fell flat on his cot. After fixing the DHD, arguing with Doctor Aaronson and Jaa'nik's suggestions, he was mentally beat. Considering all that'd happened today, it had been a productive day.

Once the generators were online, Gaia's StarGate would be back online, and perhaps he'd join an SG Team. Thinking about the personnel files, probably SG-9, there wasn't anyone else but the CO or SG-5, only military personel, no civilians. Either was a good choice, but right now sleep sounded good. Letting his mind slip off, Devin let out a sigh.
    Last edited by Vampyr; 23 March 2007, 04:45 PM.

Comment

<< from Infirmary >>

Cal popped out the door to level 7 and jogged over to Blue's quarters. She swiped his keycard and slipped inside. With the door shut safely behind her, Cal let loose and did her 'happy dance' in the small kitchen. She stifled the yell that strained to get loose. After a minute or so, she calmed down and looked around.
      "Wow. Nice place." Even with the left over mess from the quake, she was impressed with the room and it's contents. The woman tried not to snoop too much but, couldn't help a little bit as she searched for clean clothes. The BDU's were hanging in the front of the closet and she didn't look past the Class A uniform in it's plastic bag.
      Blushing, Cal quickly folded brightly patterned briefs inside a plain tee-shirt and covered them with standard issue black socks. Nick's shoes were in the Infirmary already so she folded her bundle of clothing and headed back there.

<< to Infirmary >>

Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
      sigpic

Comment

Devin woke with a start, looking over at the wall-mounted clock, he saw it'd only been an hour. But what was it that'd woken him? Leaving that question to wait, he changed into some Tok'ra robes, put his boots on, grabbed the pouch where he kept his Zat and sauntered over to the door and headed for the the Mess.

<<To the Mess Hall.>>

Comment

<<From Mess Hall>>

Stepping out of the elevator, Devin headed to his quarters. He pulled out his electronic key and swiped it through the reader. "Room, meet Kylie, Kylie, meet my room. We have the basics here, a bed, really cool poster, portable terminal, prototype DHD from 'Gate Ship." Devin said by way of explanation.
          Last edited by Vampyr; 22 March 2007, 07:51 PM.

Comment

<<From mess hall>>

"It's very nice to meet you Mr. room." Kylie smiled at Devin. "Now that's what I call decoration." Kylie commented as she took in all the highlights as Devin pointed them out.
            Dear Journal
            My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Motioning for Kylie to follow, Devin moved over to the DHD. "Well, here's all that remains of my work." Pulling off the face-plate, he exposed its crystal-filled interior. "As you c'n see, I used both standard issue and Jumper crystals in building this thing. Though I wasn't quite planning to have to jury-rig it to work with a dedicated 'Gate."

Comment

"Very impressive. I only wish I knew a little more about what I was looking at. I could probably distinguish which were the jumper crystals if I had to guess, but a dedicated 'Gate would be? One that stays in one place instead of on a ship?" Kylie looked hopefully toward Devin. She felt a little out of sorts, knowing what ancient writings meant, and yet not knowing the first thing about the inner workings of a DHD.
                Dear Journal
                My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Pointing to two different crystals, Devin explained. "Okay, you see this slimmer, and blue/transparent crystal? This is a Jumper crystal, it was designed to send the commands to the StarGate through the local DHD or in the case of an orbital 'Gate, through the thruster units keeping it in orbit. Now you see this fat, red crystal? It's a standard DHD crystal, I wasn't quite sure how a Pegasus crystal would act towards a Milky Way StarGate, so I added in these MW crystals which contain the glyphs of our own galaxy.

Comment

"I never would have thought of that. Yet, it seems so logical." Kylie marveled at all the work Devin had put into the DHD. "Thanks for explaining it."
                    Dear Journal

Comment

Replacing the face-plate, Devin flipped a switches, attached a cable to his terminal and pulled up a program. "Okay, now, this DHD's a bit more versatile then a standard issue DHD or our own dialing computers for a few reasons. First, this can dial eight chevrons should it be needed, that's why there's a crystal of human manufacture in it. Second, this can store several adresses in it, either manually entered on the console, or sent over via a computer. Now this pedestal is a relatively(sp?) new addition to the whole setup. It opens up a whole different set of possiblities. I'm wor- say, am I boring you?" He looked at her with an expression of curiosity, "Or would you like me to continue?"

((To nap land! For Morpheus calls!))

Comment

"Please continue, this is very fascinating." Kylie grinned at Devin as she continued to study the program he had pulled up. "And you never know when this tutorial may come in handy."

((Alas, that it must beckon us all to slumber at some point.))
                        Dear Journal

Comment

((OOC-Hey Vampyr and JacksonMiracle I justed wanted to say that I have been enjoying reading your post, they seem well thought out and very interesting. Keep up the great work.))
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

((I now officially rock. ))

Moving over to the computer Devin pulled up another program, launching into an explanation, he suddenly stopped. "Okay, so far we've had the lunch and obligatory kiss. Now all we need to finish this little date is..." Jumping up from the chair Devin dove under his bed and retrieved a small drawer, inside were several DVDs. "A movie! I didn't expect my entire collection to be blown up on Earth, so I only have my favorites in here. How about Star Wars?"

Comment

((*Clears throat* We rock ))

Kylie had been intently listening to Devin's explanations, trying to wrap her small brain around the complex concepts that he had been describing. The sudden suggesstion of watching a movie came as a bit of a surprise, but when she heard Devin's choice, a large grin filled her face. Star Wars had always been a favorite of hers as well. "Sounds perfect." Kylie eagerly settled in to watch the movie.
                              Dear Journal

Comment

((I stand corrected. ))

Shutting down the various programs, Devin popped the DVD out of its case, gently put it into his computer's CD tray and turned the volume up. Then heading over to one side of the room, he flipped a switch and power was cut to the lights. Making his way over to the chair through the dim light cast by the computer's screen, Devin looked around, scratched his head and said, "Uhmm... Unless you're planning to use the bed as a seat I don't see any place to sit than my lap."

Comment

Working...
                                X