No announcement yet.

Quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kylie beamed at the compliment from Devin. "I really hope so. There's only one way to know for sure though. We have to ask the General. Do you know if he's still in the infirmary? While we were working in the brig, an SF told me he had caught some kind of highly contagious, alien virus or something and was in isolation in the infirmary. I assume any requests would have to go through him."

She smiled and reached towards Devin's face to wipe a smudge of chocolate off the corner of his mouth. "Sorry, one of my foster mother's was really picky about keeping the rest of your face clean while you eat. Guess I kinda picked up on the habit."
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Devin retreated inward, thinking to Jaa'nik: ~Should I tell her?~

~I would not recommend it, but given my involvment in Quadrifons, I believe that you can tell her. But be careful, this could come back to bite us.~ Coming out of his thoughts, Devin looked at Kylie, wondering just what the hell to say.

((Ugh, I completely forgot my format for Jaa'nik/Devin-mind talking.))
      Last edited by Vampyr; 30 March 2007, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Kylie knew that look. It was the look of indecsion, of sizing her up. She looked Devin straight in the eyes. "You know something, don't you? Don't worry, you don't have to tell me, it's probably classified. I understand." Kylie said in her most non-acusatory, understanding voice. And she really did understand, Devin couldn't tell her what he knew just yet. She decided to change the subject instead.

"We probably still have some time before Dr. Ezekiel has that talk with us, and with your help, I was able to finish the bulk of those translations in record time. I think the rest can wait until we know for sure if we'll be allowed to go to the planet. All that sugar'll keep me up for several more hours." She wasn't sure how to ask the question that was on her mind, so she just left the statement as it was.
        Dear Journal
        My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

((I know, I wanted to have Devin between a rock and a hard place.))

Devin let out a sigh, "Thanks. I wanted to tell you but I couldn't. I don't know when they'll tell everyone else, but myself and some of the top brass know." Then staring into her eyes, his mind locked up, harkening to memories thought long gone. "A..." He said, trying to form words, "Are?"

Comment

Kylie was unsure what to make from Devin's broken words. She was the linguist, so she chose to say the words for them both. "I think we have time to start a second movie." She didn't rush the words, and there was no hesitency to her voice. She had intended to say something else, but had lost the courage at the last moment. "Lord of the Rings?" She asked, looking at Devin and holding up a DVD that she had retrieved from her second desk drawer.
            Dear Journal

Comment

Trying to speak, Devin kept mouthing his words, sending across the impression he was a karp. "Sh-sure.", He choked out, mind grappling with memories of Katrina. He remembered her laugh, the first movie they saw, the tickets to a show he couldn't remember and the smell of freshly baked bread they had made together. Why was this coming back now? Why here? Why? Why, why, why, why?

((Yay! I'm a Super-soldier!))

Comment

((Alright! *runs to let the media know of grand accomplishment* ))

Kylie recognized Devin's body language instantly. She had seen kids in foster care act the same way whenever they started to miss their parents, and she knew now that Devin had started to remember Katrina once again. She remembered Devin saying how much she reminded him of her. She dropped the DVD to the side of her desk and stood to envelope Devin in a comforting hug. "I know." She whispered to him, hoping that he would understand that she really did know, and praying that he wouldn't push her away.
                Dear Journal

Comment

((Kudos if you can figure out what fictional character acts similiarly to Devin.))

Still too choked up with the tears welling up inside, Devin couldn't do anything but mouth, "Thank you.", as he moved into the embrace. Memories were flooding into his head now, Devin remembered a moment in which he'd fallen flat on his face and Katrina was laughing at him hysterically. He saw the ring he'd picked out for her, and every detail he'd planned out played in his head. He was vaguely aware of Jaa'nik in the background, doing her best to console him. He felt another presence, one outside his mind, someone who was real and not amid these painful reminders of the past.

Comment

((The argument could be made that Devin acts like several different fictional charaters. No other hints?? *Note to self: must ponder question when board at work in the morning*))

Kylie knew that she would hold Devin in the embrace for as long he would allow her. She knew that she was recieving as much comfort as she was giving from the close contact with him. A few tears escaped the corner of her eyes, she blinked them away, not wanting to let Devin see her cry again. It had been a very emotional day for Kylie. And for Devin as well, she realized. She would not ask Devin to talk about it as some might have done. He would talk to her if and when he was ready and able.
                    Dear Journal

Comment

((It's scifi, the show was cancelled after only one season and our character in question has an older brother.))

Devin remained rooted to his seat, allowing the tears that he'd held bottled up inside his head for so long to flow free. He buried his face into Kylie's shoulder. He was beyond words, and just simply blubbering. "Ah... wahya." He tried speaking, and failed miserably. In his mind, he could think clearly enough to run a single though through his head, ~I have found someone again.~

Comment

((Neil West from "Space: Above and Beyond"????))

Kylie tried to deny that she was falling for Devin, but as she continued to tightly hold him, she failed in her efforts. She wanted to tell him that he didn't have to say anything, that she understood, but her own voice refussed to respond. She just held him and let him cry. She allowed his head to drop to her shoulder, and she rubbed the back of his head with her hand in a soothing gesture.
                        Dear Journal

Comment

((I was thinking more River from Fire Fly. I'm a proud 'Gater and Browncoat. ))

Devin smiled, unable to speak and his cheeks still stained with shed tears. He pulled back, and looked at her differently than he had before. He gave her a look that he once gave his fiancee. Moving forward, his and Kylie's lips met, and Devin felt happy again.

((Typing speed: 119 gross words a minute. Time: 10:40pm. Inability to write: constant.))

Comment

((Confession: That was the first thing I found that fit the description using a combo of Google and Wikipedia searches.))

Kylie leaned into the kiss. It felt different from the other kisses they had shared in the short time that they had known each other. She pulled back and met Devin's eyes. The kiss had left her breathless. She allowed her eyes to express everything that she wished she could say to him, the unasked question that still lingered in the air between them.

((That would place you on the west coast, right? *looks at own clock* Should probably wrap up for the night soon, sleep is a necessary evil.))
                            Dear Journal

Comment

((Pegged it right on the first try (I'm on the west coast). I need to get sleep soon, my brain starts to shut down and lose any coherency needed for roleplaying.))

Pulling back from the kiss and opening his mouth, Devin finally managed a whisper. "Kylie." He began, "Do you really care for me this much?"

((And in a stroke of brilliance, I pen this final line. Now to get to sleep before I start shadow-ranting.))
                              Last edited by Vampyr; 31 March 2007, 09:07 AM.

Comment

"Yes, Devin, I do care for you this much, and then some. Are you sure that you care for me this much?" Kylie managed to whisper in return. She took his hands in both of hers as she spoke.
                                Dear Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X