No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(( Other than he's not wearing his armor yet. He is wearing a light tan tunic that comes down to just above his knees, belted at the waist. The embroidery on the chest is a line copy of the emblem in his sig. Boots come up to a few inches below his knees. Black, curly hair, blue eyes skin tone like weak tea. A silver lighting bolt between his eyebrows. Symbiote larva in his belly. ))

"Hey, Davis," Kym said casually in greeting as the other woman stopped, "I didn't really get to try it. I ended up being Rangemaster and instructor. I'm going to take it out later today."
    She made a quick move to stand as Colonel Sharp appeared, then sank back down. "Fine, sir. Thanks for asking."
    Gaius nodded cordially, "Well rested, well fed, two ladies to admire. What more could a soldier ask for?"
    Tyler made a rude noise. "My god, the Roman equivalent of blarney." She waved at another empty chair, "Sit down, Davis. Save me from having to listen to it by myself."
    Her broad grin and not so subtle elbow into the Roman's ribs showed that she was joking.

Last edited by Jynjyr; 21 March 2008, 05:58 AM.
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    sigpic
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Claire yelp in pain when something small attacked her, before she could respond to Tyler's comment, "Ow," then touched the spot where the thing targeted her on her neck, seeing a purplish color on her finger tips, she noted Sharp's try with what was the Gaian version of Blueberry in a bowl and it was purple.

Narrowing her eyes at him, she silently promised herself that she would be him back for that. It lightened her heart to realize that not much would change with her departing when it came to Sharp. Others she wasn't sure of.

"There is someone I would like to use that new weapon on," she grumbled good naturally. Using it on Sharp would be ideal. She could either zat him or annoy him. The latter was more suitable then the first.

Claire tried to suppress her smile at Gaius's words, but failed as Kym's words were heard, giggling sliently. Nodding at open invitation to sit, she looked at her coffee then gave up getting a fresh cup for a while. She skirted around and sat next to Sharp and across from Kym. "Enjoying your stay so far?" she asked Gaius as she sipped her cold coffee and not grimace at it's taste.

Last edited by SilverRider; 20 March 2008, 03:16 AM. Reason: GAH.......I'm a idiot :P:P

Comment

Justinius rubbed his elbow against his ribs and decided not to make another 'gallant' remark. "It's been pleasant but, altogether too short. Once we meet with the General, my men and I will be going back to Dakarra."

sigpic

Comment

((*hits David muse for showing up just as I go to zzzz*))

David hadn't realized he was standing up until his feet moved him toward the Roman. When he did realise it, the next thought that hit him was, 'Okay. In for a penny, in for a pound. Let's go meet history.'.

He moved swiftly towards the officer and the Roman. Addressing Kym, he whispered to her first. "I'm sorry to bother you, captain. It's just um ... I'm a historian, you see. And well." He took a deep breath. "I would love it if you could introduce me to your company. I'm David Williams, chief linguist." He paused again, as common courtesy dictated the next few words. "Nice to meet you by the way."

Comment

Claire nodded and took a note of the man rubbing his ribs where Kym had targeted him, she wanted to chuckle but knew it would be impolite to do so. Taking a deep breath, she meet the Romans's eye, "Please tell Master Bra'tac, I send my greetings." She hoped the older man would remember her, as they had only meet once or twice, she had lost count.

As David arrived, Claire knew this would take a interesting turn as she had herself done the same once, when she had meet few Jaffa's. The eagerness on the man's face was obvious, "This should be interesting. That is if he continues to stammer at the same pace he is now," she mumbled to Sharp in Irish, who just kicked her in the leg, as a warning. She had heard him muttering and cursing in Irish every now and then, so that wasn't a surprise to her.

This round rolling her eyes, she said nothing but watched the byplay that was going on.

((Gen, wanna take over Sharp?? Please))

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post

"I guess it's nice to have allies, too. Did you say refugees? Like, from a war?" That did interest her, always did, stuff like that. She was always interested in helping those people out, her year on the scientific mission as security guard, had inspired at least some interest in anthropology. Although it was just a little spark, Ryn had shown interest before, and now again.

“Yeah, and these days we definitely need all the allies we can get."
              Carrie took some more sips of her coffee and leaned back in her chair, for a while lost in thoughts of the group she’d met yesterday, before answering Ryn’s question about the refugees.

“Yes they are, and almost straight out of the war zone as well” Carrie slipped a sigh before continuing “and as usual when it comes to refugees like that, the group consisted mostly of women and children…” she frowned and shot a glance at Ryn “You must have missed them by seconds yesterday, because they stopped by the Infirmary for a brief check up on their arrival, just after I checked up on you, which reminds me…” She straightened up, took gulp on her coffee and flipped up the lid on her lap top “...that their lab work should be done by now…”

Carrie scrolled through the pages of lab reports, making an “hmm” and an “Okay…” from time to time. She looked up from the screen as David got up and left the table, then lowered her gaze towards the screen again.
              ‘Nothing some proper food and rest wouldn’t take care of within a few days’

Feeling her stomach starting to wake up and rumble at the thought of food, she looked back up at Ryn with an apologizing smile.
              “Sorry about that, I can’t help my self sometimes. Guess all of us civvies are bit like this, getting carried away when on to something, anyway, any recommendations on what to have for breakfast?” She got up from her chair, but hesitated and frowned.
              “Or maybe I should say “What not to have?””

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Gaius nodded agreement to Claire's request, "Who should I say send greetings?"

Kym, who was paying attention to the doctor, overheard the question and gave herself a thump on the forehead, "I'm sorry. My manners have gone to pot."
                Tipping her head towards the two newcomers, she said, "Tribune Gaius Justinius, this is Lt. Claire Davis, 2iC of SG1 and Dr. David Williams, base linguist. Lt., Doctor, this is Tribune Gaius Justinius, Legio V Macedonica - Free Roman."
                She stuck out her hand to David, "K'ma Tyler, SG3. Same here."

Gaius rose, holding out his hand to the lady first, "Pleased to meet you, Lt," then to the doctor, "And you, Doctor."

sigpic

Comment

(Cross posted)

They were now moving along pretty good, getting there tents taking down. He moved back off from the spot and pulled out the radio, “Sgt. Daniels to Major Ezekiel.”

John pulled up his ear radio, “This is Ezekiel, report.”

“Looks like the Major and her team, are just now getting up, if you guys want to get them, you had better start now. Would you like me to stay and continue to watch them?”

“Affirmative, will call you when we get to the Hanger Bay and on our way out. Will begin radio silence, so as not to give away your positing, check in every 10 minutes with a report than turn off radio.” John said.

“Roger sir.” Daniels said.

John turned to his team, “Well as soon as Captain Hutchinson, gets here.” He looked up and than saw him walk in.

sigpic
                  Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

((Multiply people- just to make this go a little fast- Xym hope this is alright for larry.))

Larry almost ran into the mess hall, he spotted his team, all of them were there except for him. He looked up at the clock, “Well better late than never.” He got into the line and grabbed a few things to eat than made his way through the now crowded room. He took a seat across from John. “Sorry I am a little late sir, was the last one to leave the firing range.”

John looked over at him, “That’s not a problem Captain. We all have those mornings, plus I forgot it was Sunday to. But now that we are all here, I have a little surprise for SG5, they have been out on a rather lengthy training mission. I thought it would be a little fun to lets say, to give them some competition.”

Larry began to eat his food. “Sounds great sir, what sort of things do you have in mind.”

John smiled, “Well I don’t really makes plans, but I have a few things in mind. I have a Sgt. staking them out at the moment, as soon as everyone is finished eating we can head out. The armory should have our entire gear ready, if you want and depending on what time we finish we may be able to go out to Foreston. Just depends, so you can grab some civilian cloths to pack along.”

((I know double post...bad max...but now SG4 can get on the way...again Xym hope you don't mind.))
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                      ((snip))
                      “Yes they are, and almost straight out of the war zone as well” Carrie slipped a sigh before continuing “and as usual when it comes to refugees like that, the group consisted mostly of women and children…” she frowned and shot a glance at Ryn “You must have missed them by seconds yesterday, because they stopped by the Infirmary for a brief check up on their arrival, just after I checked up on you, which reminds me…” She straightened up, took gulp on her coffee and flipped up the lid on her lap top “...that their lab work should be done by now…”

((snip))
                      Feeling her stomach starting to wake up and rumble at the thought of food, she looked back up at Ryn with an apologizing smile.
                      “Sorry about that, I can’t help my self sometimes. Guess all of us civvies are bit like this, getting carried away when on to something, anyway, any recommendations on what to have for breakfast?” She got up from her chair, but hesitated and frowned.
                      “Or maybe I should say “What not to have?””

"I really have no idea doc, on the food here. I just take what looks good. Haven't had any incidents so far, but then again I've only been here for like five days. And a few of those were in Foreston." Ryn replied, with a forgiving look/smile on her face. "And the refugees - yeah. I guess so. Are they going to live here, on Gaia ? And where, then, in Foreston ?"
                      The redhead was just trying to get more intel on the way of life here, on how much different it would be from her own reality. Apparently, not by much. Ryn could remember a few times where a group had come seeking help. And before they would be relocated to another planet, Belousov had always graciously allowed them to live in the Shajgar village for a while, or near that village. This hadn't happened often, maybe once or twice, but Ryn could remember it.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post

Kym, who was paying attention to the doctor, overheard the question and gave herself a thump on the forehead, "I'm sorry. My manners have gone to pot."
                      Tipping her head towards the two newcomers, she said, "Tribune Gaius Justinius, this is Lt. Claire Davis, 2iC of SG1 and Dr. David Williams, base linguist. Lt., Doctor, this is Tribune Gaius Justinius, Legio V Macedonica - Free Roman."

Gaius rose, holding out his hand to the lady first, "Pleased to meet you, Lt," then to the doctor, "And you, Doctor."

Apparently there were more people around than just captain Tyler and the Roman, David realised. He should really pay more attention, the linguist told himself. He had totally failed to see and recognize Claire!

"Oh - hi Claire. Happy to see you out of the Infirmary. Well done!" He gave her a warm smile, then listened to the introductions captain Tyler made.

He bowed and shook hands with the Roman. "My pleasure entirely, I assure you. Gosh, the questions I have for you, Tribune. But, I will only ask them if you allow me to. I don't want to intrude on anything. Please, enjoy your meal, sir."

From up close, the Roman had a very imposing and commanding posture, even if he was friendly. It both impressed and intimidated the linguist immensely.
                      The mark on the man's forehead was intriguing, and David fought hard with himself to not just stare at the man.

"Ah ... Are you a Jaffa?" The question was out of his mouth before he realised it, and David blushed slightly, embarrassed. "I .... I'm sorry, Tribune. No offence meant."

((D.W. really should get out more... ))

Comment

Hearing Kym's sharply indrawn breath, Justinius bit back the sharp retort he was about to give. He couldn't keep all the dislike out of his voice though, "No, Doctor, I am not Jaffa. I am a Free Roman."

Tyler laid a hand on the insulted man's arm, "Tribune? My apologies, sir. Doctor Williams has been out of touch."
                        She had no idea if he had been or not, it was an acceptable reason for the mistake. "Our knowledge of the Free Romans is very recent."

"Hrrrmmph," Gaius grunted, wiping the scowl from his face, "A man in his position should be better informed."

(( Keep going, he'll remember his manners shortly. ))

sigpic

Comment

Maybe he should just cut his losses and leave, David thought. He obviously wasn't ready to be "back on duty", as it were. Deciding on that course of action, he began to apologize.

"My most humble apologies, sir," He said meekly. "I have indeed been 'out of touch', as captain Tyler says. My house is in Foreston, you see, and well, I have stayed there for the better part of ... oh, I daresay a year. Yes. Um. I'm not up to speed on most things here, and I've been quite ill, too."

He took a deep breath. "But that is of no importance, my mistake was inexcusable. I hope you can forgive me."
                          Williams stood up, pushing his chair back. "I will embarrass you nor myself any further, Tribune, sir. I hope you will enjoy your stay here, and well, um, good-bye.".
                          He gave a bow as he left the table and headed for the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                            Spoiler:

Tipping her head towards the two newcomers, she said, "Tribune Gaius Justinius, this is Lt. Claire Davis, 2iC of SG1 and Dr. David Williams, base linguist. Lt., Doctor, this is Tribune Gaius Justinius, Legio V Macedonia - Free Roman."

Colonel Chris Sharp

Clare made a move to reply to Gaius's question, but seeing Kym beat her to it, Clarie gave the man gentle smile and a nod. When Kym told the roman that she was a 2IC of SG-1, she heard Sharp choke a bit in surprise as they both shared a look. She hadn't even left and she had to admit it hurt, most of the base was still going to think of her as SG-1. She looked at Gauis, "I'm a temporary 2IC of SG-1," she told the man, as she kept her face straight, but her eyes glazed with sadness, which she knew Sharp would catch.

She looked at David, trying not to jump yet again, this wasn't the AU, "Dr Williams," she greeted him.

Chris frowned as Davis greeted Williams, sensing something was wrong, he decided to talk to her later about it and see if she was willing to get it of her chest, facing Gauis, he grinned, "Shortcake as 2IC? The horror..." he mocked, good naturally.

Claire snorted at his comment, "Nothing wrong with that, is there?" she looked at him from the corner of her eyes as she lips curled. Facing Gaius, "Macedonia?? Weren't they in the Roman history a standing unit during Julius Caesar's regain?" she asked and spoke while deep in thought. They had been around from 48 BC to 70 BC before begin disbanded by someone who's name she couldn't seem to recall right now.

Sharp groaned as Claire launched in her history fact mode, "Davis, please," he somewhat requested, "it's way too early in the morning to go on fact hunt," he noted her only response for him was a glare and a moment later a kick in the leg.

Last edited by SilverRider; 21 March 2008, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                              Larry almost ran into the mess hall, he spotted his team, all of them were there except for him. He looked up at the clock, “Well better late than never.” He got into the line and grabbed a few things to eat than made his way through the now crowded room. He took a seat across from John. “Sorry I am a little late sir, was the last one to leave the firing range.”

John looked over at him, “That’s not a problem Captain. We all have those mornings, plus I forgot it was Sunday to. But now that we are all here, I have a little surprise for SG5, they have been out on a rather lengthy training mission. I thought it would be a little fun to lets say, to give them some competition.”

Larry began to eat his food. “Sounds great sir, what sort of things do you have in mind.”

John smiled, “Well I don’t really makes plans, but I have a few things in mind. I have a Sgt. staking them out at the moment, as soon as everyone is finished eating we can head out. The armory should have our entire gear ready, if you want and depending on what time we finish we may be able to go out to Foreston. Just depends, so you can grab some civilian cloths to pack along.”
                              Lt. Vincent Valentine

Vincent nodded to Hutchinson, but kept a straight face, then turned to Ezekiel as he explained the plan. He finished off his own food, then asked.

"A little surprise eh? Keeping them on their toes. What would stop them thinking they're really under attack? There's always a possibility that under fire they could jump to irrational conclusions, even if we are only using intar rounds."
                              "I once thought it better to be right
                              But now I have finally seen the light
                              Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
                              I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
                              Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

"Doctor," Gaius rose and called after him, "Please, join us." He beckoned the man to come back, saying to the others, "A man in my position shouldn't be so sensitive to words."
                                Kym leaned over and mumured, "We kept a lot of what happened here away from the townspeople. They know we beat off an attack, not that we gained new allies."
                                Justinius nodded to her, seated himself and addressed Claire's comment. "The history of my legion, Macedonica," he gently corrected her pronounciation, "is much longer than that, Lady. We've been in existence for almost 2000 years."

Legio V Macedonica history
                                (( BTW - 'Lady' is a term of respect to them. Think of an unspoken 'my' in front of it. ))

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X