Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensing no immediate danger, but just to be sure, Cate whispered to the cloaked Sally. "What do you think Sally, can you definitely confirm it's him?"

"Give me a moment Catherine." Sally said softly and her mainframe began to whir. "Yes it's him, I have him on infra-red and have checked him with SGC files with and optical scan, it's a 100% match you are clear to approach."

"Thanks I owe you."

"Yes you do don't you. Only Penzoil though." Sally let out a low giggle.

Cate hefted her pack and holstered her waepon, laid her G36 on the soft snow and joined her team. She nodded to Lena, Raiden and Adam. "If Sally says he's bona fide, that's good enough for me." Despite being told to wait, Cate wouldn't miss this for the world and it wasn't often she disobeyed an order anyway." Okay Lena you and Adam go and see why a former System Lord First Prime is here on Earth. We'll be right behind you"
    Last edited by RogueRanger; 10 January 2011, 11:47 AM.

Comment

((Mel, read my last post on previous page, you'll have to alter yours a bit, you and Raiden were told to stay with Sally, until Lena says come forward. Oh, and it's lamety... ))

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
      Spoiler:

<Iran 100km east of Tehran~freezing Winter>

{Master Brat'ac} NPC

Brat'ac was dressed for winter in his finest Chulack attire, which meant a warm robe over the top of his jaffa outfit and sturdy boots. It probably wasn't the warmest he could have warm, but he felt nothing, age did that for you. He held his hand up to the men following and the APC for them to stop. He looked sideways at his Jaffa companion and spoke to him firstly. "Hmmph, so this is all O'Neill of Minnesota can send, children." He paced forward a little and belowed over the wind. "Tauri of the SGC, if you know of me, I am Brat'ac of Chulack, lower your arms and come forward." They would come to him. At a hundred and forty five years, he could afford to be authoritive.
      Elena had not to walk for too long when Bra'Tac identified himself, apparently seeing her and Adam approaching. She shouted back at him, not slowing down the pace. "That you're Master Bra'Tac I do know already and as you can obviously see, I'm coming forward already too." By the time Scorpio finished her sentences, she was only few metres away from the old Jaffa. A covert sidelook with a corner of her eye registered her newest team mate right behind her, and the Russian was sure that this look didn't slide away from Bra'Tac. Her gaze went back to the old man and skimmed over him first, then his people before fixing eye-to-eye again. Footsteps of crumbling snow she heard behind meant only that Raiden and Cate were joining them and captain stiffed a deep sigh of frustration, instead sending the pistol back in holster, covering the last metres of distance separating the Jaffa nad the human and helding out her hand in greeting.

"Captain Elena Ovcharenko, SG-4 commanding officer. I'm honored to make your acquaintance, Master Bra'Tac, I've heard only good of you."
      Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 07 January 2011, 11:39 AM.
      Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

((OOC I missed that sorry V, edited))

<Iran 100km east of Tehran~freezing Winter>

{Master Brat'ac} NPC

"Thank you Captain, you can be at ease. I cannot stay long we're only here to pick these fellows up." He pointed to the Irani guard with him. "They are apparently out of favour with their present regime and have been helping O'Neill and he wanted me to take them to safety which essentially means off your world. But I waited for you to give warning, I could not risk going directly to your SGC as your masters feel that may be compromised." He gathered the others with him closer. "When you get into the city of this place and find your enemies, Korean's I believe, be wary, not everything is as it seems. The Lucian dogs have infiltrated this land deeply and they have many spies about. Be careful and do not move too rashly." He hunkered down next to the APC and waited for the others to join him, there was apparently more he would share.

((OOC))>>>
        Spoiler:
        I would be asking him what does he advise

Comment

<Iran 100km east of Tehran~A nice cool winter day >

Elena nodded to Bra'Tac, like asking him to wait a second, and turned around to shout.

"Hey, guys, come out! Nobody's gonna bite this time and you all would want to hear this."

Scorpio turned back to the Jaffa and spoke politely after hunkering down opposite him herself.

"It sounds like you know way better than we do what's going on here. We're all ears for your update on situation and advice."

She allowed herself a quick glance over her shoulder to see if Raiden and Cate are coming to join them or not and turned head back to face the old Master.
          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Raiden joined his CO in front of Bra'Tac. Once he was absolutely sure that it was the old master he approached him and extended his arm in a traditional Jaffa greeting "Tek ma tey Bra'tac" Raiden said.
            sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

{Master Bra'tac} NPC

"Onak sha sree young warrior well met, tek ma tek." The older man waited for the flame haired young woman to join them, he cast a knowing eye over these "children" and reappriased them. From their bearing and stance, he could tell they had been well trained and disciplined under fire, even though they gave the air of casual indifference. When the last of them came near he spread his arms wide. She spoke softly, the accent was a little strange to his ears, not of the same tribe he thought as the others.

"I'm Catherine Hayden master Bra'atc. We've heard a lot about you. I must ask though how is it you're here?"

He looked at Lena first beofre answering. "This one is your leader?"

"Yes she is, Captain Elena Ovcharenko. This young man is Lieutenant Batou Kusanagi and this one is Petty Officer Adam Onikil."

"Hmmm." He smiled and touched his chin."Such fanciful names. Still I will be straight forward. Your captain here knows why I am here and she will tell you I'm sure. But my time is short and already I have over stayed, I only awaited your coming on the insistance of O'Neill. Now listen closely."

Bra'tac spoke rapidly and yet precisely, he informed them of two main things. The first they knew, that the Lucian Alliance had a foothold here on Earth and had a very strong presence here in Iran and that they were everywhere watching and waiting. He told them that his sources indicated the LA knew SG4 was coming anf that if at all possible they should try and take the Korean agents by stealth rather than outright confrontation. But the last piece of the puzzle was the worst. He continued. "....your journeys will eventually take you to a place called Pyongyang, there you may be forced to confront the leader of the Lucian Alliance here on Earth. You will need all the guile and cunning you can muster my young friends." He drew in his breath deeply. "...for he is a goa'uld!"

Cate was stunnned, she slumped back on her backside in the wet snow, the cold didn't even reach her as a heat of fear surged through her body. "Bloody hell, that's all we need, a shark in the fish pond."

((OOC guys can we please use our name tags or more preferably the small sigs as you see for Cate. If you cannot make one yourself I can do it for you. I've had quite a few PM's from people who are following us but don't know who our characters are))

Comment

((Damn, I'm stuck in thoughts. ))

The Russian listened to Bra'Tac attentively, trying to soak in every single word. They all were weathered soldiers, but nothing can replace the experience gained over more than century. Final speech of his made her wince as the word "goa'uld" reached her mind.

"Замечательно... Из огня да в полымя... Do you know anything else about LA leader except of that he's a goa'uld, Master Bra'Tac? And it's a pity you can't stay and help us, your knowledge of goa'uld would come in handy then..."

sigpic

Comment

<Tehran, Iran> ~ <Train Station>

{Li} {Maya}

Li muttered something under her breath, so quite that not even Maya could catch it when both women caught sight of Dong, the poor man looked as if he'd been hit by a truck. At least Maya wasn't driving anytime soon. Maya stood to the side, as close to the wall as possible, if not a wall, a post. Thankfully she was not made to sit. But it did not help her any within.

"You always pull boneheaded stunts," Li murmered as she withdrew a cloth from her jacket and pressed it to the cut on Dongs forehead. "Do it again, and I'll kill you myself." And she would, just like she had those two CIA agents at the hotel.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                    ((Damn, I'm stuck in thoughts. ))

The Russian listened to Bra'Tac attentively, trying to soak in every single word. They all were weathered soldiers, but nothing can replace the experience gained over more than century. Final speech of his made her wince as the word "goa'uld" reached her mind.

"Замечательно... Из огня да в полымя... Do you know anything else about LA leader except of that he's a goa'uld, Master Bra'Tac? And it's a pity you can't stay and help us, your knowledge of goa'uld would come in handy then..."
                    {Master Bra'tac} NPC

"Only this my friends, this goa'uld has an ego, a very large one, he thinks he is perhaps invincable. He has a fortress in the mountains just behind the port of Iwon, it is not closely guarded such is is confidence, but once you confront him, you will need everything you have." He bowed slightly. "Our paths will cross again children, of that I am sure. Until then rel'tor'key (good luck)"

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                    <Tehran, Iran> ~ <Train Station>

{Li} {Maya}

Li muttered something under her breath, so quite that not even Maya could catch it when both women caught sight of Dong, the poor man looked as if he'd been hit by a truck. At least Maya wasn't driving anytime soon. Maya stood to the side, as close to the wall as possible, if not a wall, a post. Thankfully she was not made to sit. But it did not help her any within.

"You always pull boneheaded stunts," Li murmered as she withdrew a cloth from her jacket and pressed it to the cut on Dongs forehead. "Do it again, and I'll kill you myself." And she would, just like she had those two CIA agents at the hotel.
                    {Irani Secret Police} NPC

While watching her charges the woman took a call, she spoke in English with hushed tones and lifted her eyebrows when she heard something said to her, she answered simply "I understand, it will be done."

She bent down to her captives. "You three vermin will stay here, you may move around the room and refresh yourselves, there is a bathroom there, don't think about escape, there is no window and the walls are a foot thick and the ceiling is solid concrete. Unfortunately you are to be released in four hours, so entertain yourself for that time my guards will be right outside, any questions?"

Comment

((don't have much time, just to keep things going))

"И вам удачи, Master Bra'Tac. We will take care and keep your words in mind." Elena stood up and returned the bow to old Jaffa. "But you stay safe too, we certainly would love to meet you again or even have a joint mission."

sigpic

Comment

{Master Bra'tac} NPC

Bra'tac cocked an eyebrow very reminiscant of Teal'c, perhaps the student learnt from the master. "I'm sure that will be so." He said, knowing in his heart he would do all he could to make it happen and not leave them to this Goa'uld alone. "But time moves swiftly against us, I must get these people to safety and then we shall see. Farewell." He moved away and they watched him and his group move to the south. Cate waited until they could no longer be seen in the darkness which wasn't long.

"We have a few hours before sunrise I hope we can make it to Tehran before that. Lena I think we should try and avoid the main road as much as possible don't you? It'll lengthen our journey but not bu much. I think we could get there under two hours." Cate stood and waited for the others to move, she needed to speak to Elena alone.

Comment

Scorpio stood silent, watching Bra'tac's team move swiftly and sure until they were gone. Cate talked to her then, pulling her into conversation, and subtly hinting a need for private talk.

"We're about 100 kilometres from Tehran, so even if we will move right through the desert it won't take too long to reach the capital. And if what old Jaffa said is true, that the place is crawling with Lucian spies, then we'd indeed do better by not taking the main route to the city. So boys, go and get ready for drive, we'll catch up in a moment."

Elena waited for her XO and Adam to walk far enough away from them and turned to her friend.

"What?"

sigpic

Comment

She watched as Raiden and Adam moved away and at the appropiate moment she spoke softly, shivering at little as she did so, the temperature having dropped a bit more. "I didn't want to say this before in front of anyone else Lena. But you know how I get these whacky premonitions? I had one just before we met up with Bra'tac. It's a feeling of dread I can't shake and though I don't know when it will happen I think something bad, really bad is going to endanger us all." She looked solemn for a moment.. "Yes I know we live with danger Lena, but this is worse and I saw General O'Neill in my vision...I hope he's ok." She shivered again and started look up at the stars, it was so clear on this desert winters night. "I really hope so..."

Last edited by RogueRanger; 18 January 2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Elena replied quiet and soft herself, knowing what Cate was talking about.

"Geez, Cate, like we don't have enough bad things happened for one day! On the serious note, though, just try to relax and don't think about it too hard and all will be fine. Now, come on, let's go to those two alpha males and tread to Tehran, OK?"

She hugged her friend for a brief moment and walked towards Sally.

sigpic

Comment

"I'll try very hard not to worry Lena, but you know me, my body can't even spell relax." She chuckled lightly, it couldn't get any gloomier could it. She turned to Adam and Raiden. "Come on guys, lets get this done. I should drive now as I'm sort of in home turf now. We should also send a message to Landry I think." She looked pensive as they walked, there was so much at stake now and it rested on the shoulders of these four.

Comment

Working...
                                X