Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis ~ Reclamation ~ Season 6 RPG ~SGA1~Off World Missions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Todd}

Some stifled gasps greeted Todd's arrival on the bridge indicating the crew had clearly expected Hasluck's companion to be another human. But their surprise was quickly subsumed by caution and Todd found himself looking at the wrong end of more than one weapon hastily pointed in his direction. He merely huffed quietly in response and shook his head a couple of times, even after millennia of experience he still found the whole beaming process slightly disorienting.

It only took a few seconds for his confidence to bounce back though and he quickly scanned the bridge, taking in a layout that was now quite familiar to him. Finally he looked over at the female he assumed was this Major Fothering and nodded politely. "Thank you Major."

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
      <USS Apollo><Orbit>

{Major Karina Fothering}
      Spoiler:

"Acknowledged Colonel," Karina responded. She looked to the nearest technician. "Lock on and beam them directly to the bridge."

The technican acknowledged her and prepared to beam up Colonel Haslack and the other locater trackers.

"Thank yo....." Ted bagan to say as his molecules disolved within the beam.

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
      {Todd}
      Spoiler:

Some stifled gasps greeted Todd's arrival on the bridge indicating the crew had clearly expected Hasluck's companion to be another human. But their surprise was quickly subsumed by caution and Todd found himself looking at the wrong end of more than one weapon hastily pointed in his direction. He merely huffed quietly in response and shook his head a couple of times, even after millennia of experience he still found the whole beaming process slightly disorienting.

It only took a few seconds for his confidence to bounce back though and he quickly scanned the bridge, taking in a layout that was now quite familiar to him. Finally he looked over at the female he assumed was this Major Fothering and nodded politely. "Thank you Major."

"...u Major." Ted shook himself, baeming always gave him a bit of a hit, like pure alcohol the morning after. He looked around at the SF's standing there, amazed looks on their faces as they trained their weapons on the Wraith. "Put those damned things down, he is under my protection." He commanded them with a degree of hostility.

"Yes sir!" The sergeant at arms replied and the others followed, lowering thier rifles albeit slowly.

Hasluck moved over to the command and looked out the viewport, this would work. "Major, I know you're eager to be away and so am I. But there is a small thing I want you to do for me." He beckoned Todd over. "My friend we're going on a little trip, how do you feel about flying one of our fighters?" Ted then continued his request to Karina. "I'm taking zero twenty two Major, what I want you to do when we're clear of the hanger, pick a co-ordinate, make a hyper jump and wait five minutes and return, understood?"

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

{Todd}

Todd huffed softly to himself. He trusted Hasluck in so much as he trusted any human but the look the crossed Major Fothering’s face as the Colonel finished detailing his request matched Todd’s own vague feeling of trepidation. On a human ship, separated from his own kind, it was a situation some wraith would see as being in about as much trouble as they could get. Still he had come this far and was still alive. Besides, as a natural pilot, the prospect of flying, even a human craft, filled him with a sense of eager anticipation.

“I am always interested to test my piloting skills Colonel Hasluck and while I have never flown one of your human fighters, I think it would be a rewarding experience. For us both.”

Comment

{Major Karina Fothering} NPC

"Yes sir, I understand. We'll take the ship out of detection range at a count of minus five minutes sir." She tapped her coms to the LSO's. "Captain LeFabre would you ensure 022 is ready for Colonel Hasluck the moment he arrives, two minutes Captain."

"Zero twenty two was prepped earlier Major, she's ready to roll."

"Thank you Carl."

"Thank you Major." Ted said blithely then turned away. "After you Todd." he indicated the short passageway behind the bridge and followed his larg friend. Stopping at the elevator he pressed the control and once inside Ted called up level five, hangar deck. "When we are aboard the 302, I'll get us launched and you will be able to get the feel of her very quickly, I don't think you'll need too much instruction. Once we're launched and the Apollo has jumped away, I think you'll find something waiting in not too short a time."

((OOC Ben couldn't make it today )) hope it's ok.....

Comment

<Apollo bridge>

{Major Karina Fothering} NPC

Karina watched her monitor and after a few minutes looked more closely at it, and encrypted message was coming through. "Apollo please confirm you have the Wraith known as Todd aboard"

She tapped out the keys in reply. "Fothering replying. Confirmed, he is with Colonel Hasluck, we are due to return in minus fifty five minutes."

Comment

{Todd}

This large area the humans called the hangar deck was familiar territory to Todd and after Hasluck pointed out the 302 they were headed for, the odd couple covered the short distance in silence. Once there, Todd placed his hand on the outer shell of the craft and was not surprised to find it felt cold and harsh to his touch unlike the instant connection he would have made to a dart.

They climbed aboard quickly, Todd's large frame fitting rather snuggly into the front pilot's seat. Placing his hands on the controls, he scanned the multitude of lights and indicators that lit up and not yet having mastered the human language, he decided it was probably best to ask for some instructions. "I have an idea what most of these are for Colonel but this is very different from a dart so it might be a good idea for you to give me a quick run down on what I need to keep my eye on most closely."

Comment

As they passed through the hangar deck, Ted 'borrowed' a digital SLR camera from a crew chief, he took two helmets and O2 masks, and ran a quick check over '022'. It was a good bird, one he had flown a number of times before. It was armed with the standard four AIM-120 long range missiles and her gun pack, two 30mm rail guns and full drums. He clambered into the number two seat and passed over the other helmet to Todd. "You'll need this, it's how we 'primitive' humans communicate and breathe in these little ships." A bit of humour always helped, though to Ted he found it a useless medium of communication. "The face mask connects with the utility connection on your right." He knew that the Wraith were beyond smart so he would make it brief. "Control collumn, between your legs, works the same way as in your Darts. Throttle to your immediated left, and vectoring controls down the right side of the collumn. Missiles I'll handle, if we need them. The gun sight is on the HUD display immediately in front of you on the screen. That small green triangle is your target recticle, it will turn red when you have a firing solution, the trigger is top right of the collumn, red button." That was about all he could say at the moment. Todd would pick it up quickly though.

"Zero twenty two, ready and clear." he called to the LSO

"Ready and mark Colonel good hunting."

Ted waved a quick salute and guided the 302 into the port ramp. Feet hard on the brakes throttle at full power, he watched the lights at the end run down until the green shone brightly. "Zero twenty away. Major Fothering, you can jump away anytime now."

Comment

Todd followed Hasluck's tour of the various controls and indicators without too much difficulty. The human helmet did feel strange but if it was needed to keep him alive and linked to this human he was willing to adapt. Operating the 302 was a very different experience to piloting a dart but as they soared away across the surface of the planet, his natural skills came to the fore as the exhilaration of flying took control of his senses.

But obviously they were not there for fun so Todd tapped his helmet, hoping the Colonel would be able to hear him. "Now that your ship has left Colonel, would you like to enlighten me a little futher on what we are looking for?"

But before Hasluck can answer, a hyperspace window opens and another, smaller ship arrives beneath them.
                  Last edited by Trillian52; 16 February 2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Todd followed Hasluck's tour of the various controls and indicators without too much difficulty. The human helmet did feel strange but if it was needed to keep him alive and linked to this human he was willing to adapt. Operating the 302 was a very different experience to piloting a dart but as they soared away across the surface of the planet, his natural skills came to the fore as the exhilaration of flying took control of his senses.

But obviously they were not there for fun so Todd tapped his helmet, hoping the Colonel would be able to hear him. "Now that your ship has left Colonel, would you like to enlighten me a little futher on what we are looking for?"

But before Hasluck can answer, a hyperspace window opens and another, smaller ship arrives beneath them.

Ted looked quickly at his radar, nothing. "Ignore them Todd, merely bait, holograms." He waited another minute or so and bingo, three very large vessels appeared about fifty thousand metres off to their port side and slightly above. He estimated their bulk to be at least a third again as big as a hive. "They're not looking for Sparrows, they won't even notice us, I want you to fly all around and over that centre one you see there on your radar, I'll be taking pictures my friend. On my mark we hi-ass out of out behind Bakun's moon, Fothering will re-emerge there and we'll be gone."

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Um, I've only recently just joined up. But if you're looking for someone to take over Lorne, I've got experience at rping Sorry if I'm disrupting your rp with this
                      Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
                      My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Todd had seen such vessels before, but never so close. Becoming familiar with the 302's controls and handling capabilities, he took them smoothly along the trajectory Hasluck had outlined.

Spoiler:
                        ((OOC - sorry this is so short - feeling creatively crap this morning ... ))

Comment

As Todd manouvered the 302 up, around and over the centre ship, Ted shot photo after photo of every conceivable aspect of the ship. Weapon mount, sensors the lot and at the last as he was finsihed he noticed one of the small turrets starting to point in their direction. "That's it Todd, hit the full throttle and head for the other side of the moon, I think this small sparrow might have been spotted."

((OOC not a problem, we all have bad days...me especially)

((OOC Siara.Corvus I sent you a VM message))

Comment

{Todd}

Hasluck's warning was unnecessary. Todd had already noticed they were starting to attract some unwanted attention from these behemoths and was taking action to have them out of harm's way even as the words were leaving the human's mouth. "I am already aware of the need to remove us from the range of their weapons Colonel, don't worry we will be well hidden before the realise we are anything more than a blip on their scanning systems."

As they headed for the moon that shone dimly just above the horizon of the dark green world below, Todd pushed the 302 to its limits and decided that this particular piece of human technology might have some benefits after all.

Comment

It was only by a whisker they missed being blown into nothingness, a blue white beam arced across their nose just as they passed the moon's horizon. Apollo was already there hiding in the shadows and Ted called her up immediately. "Zero twenty two, Apollo priority landing request."

"Zero twenty two you are on auto landing cue Colonel welcome back."

"Roger Apollo. Todd you can leave your hands on the controls if you like, so you get the feel for the landing sequence."

The little craft was now being controlled by the Apollo's auto lander. She came around in a broad curve and was in the hangar bay withing seconds. The moment the throttles and brakes shut down Ted opened the canopy. "Major get us out of here, back to Atlantis....now!"

The ship ran up it's familar whirring of engines and as both Ted and Todd exited their 302 the Apollo shifted and was on her way home.

<<Next post in Atlantis thread Aunty C, I'll just copy and pasted this to there))

Comment

Working...
                              X