X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<London- Warren Street> <Nomad Adventure>

{FLt Lt. Catherine Hayden}

Feeling totally embarrassed Cate blushed, she apollogised to Raiden and the Security both and finally her best friend, she was the last person she wanted to let down. "I'm sorry Raiden, I didn't mean anything personal you know that. Sir forgive us, we are a little stressed..." She couldn't of course say why. He grunted and moved away. "Phew, he is big but wow, look at his 'brudder'.." She held back a giggle. "It would have had to be tag team that's for sure. Lena I'm sorry to you as well, I should not have reacted that way." She looped her arms into both of theirs. "Come, lets finish getting what we need and get out of here, or Sally will be cross with us." A slow smile flashed across her red lips.

Comment

"Yeah we dont want her getting another ticket," Batou said laughing
      sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Seeing that all those little troubles were settled down at least for a while, Elena let a small smile brighten her face, like returning the Cate's one, and nodded slowly to Batou, accepting his apologies.

"It's OK, Cate. We all know what the reason of this stress is and the sooner and better we'll do our job, the more are the chances that Tyrone will be happy and proud of us when we'll find him finally. Now, where we were we? Clothes, I think... Oh, and Sally would need another ticket for the simmetry."

The Captain did her best to stifle a giggle bursting out of her mouth and sort of dragged her XO and friend back to the clothing section. She left the couple there for a minute when she went to pick up the backpack she chose for herself, giving an evil eye to a shopper who was also eyeing it greedily. Her gaze was emitting strong enough "MINE!!" emotion for him to shiver and preoccupy himself with another one, so she had no reasons left to argue with him and collected it without any problems, returning to her team.

Scorpio reached out for some khaki pants she had spotted before the brawl began, and for a sand coloured coat and a similar coloured duster. And she need to try them on, but a little advice was always valued by her.

"Well, folks, what'll do better, that coat or this duster? And please try to avoid comments that might lead to getting attention of the "tag team" again in one way or another."

The last phrase was said in half-messing, half-serious tone and was apparently aimed at Raiden.
        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Smiling easily again as Cate cheered up she looked the garments up and down and picked up similar for herself. "Take them both Lena, it's not like we're short on cash." She reached into her back pocket and pulled out a wad that probably contained thousands of pounds and dollars, courtesy of their LA friends. "At a guess though, I'd keep it down to what we can carry in our packs and no more. A couple of sets of change clothes, two pair of good boots or shoes, socks underwear. It will be freezing in Tehran at this time of the year."

Comment

Seeing the look his CO gave him, Batou couldn't help making a half messing half serious remark back. "I think that Ty would find you quite nice in either Elena."
            Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 01 November 2010, 07:08 PM.

Comment

"Too familiar." Cate thought to herself at Raiden's last words, but she let it go. No need to stir things up again. She picked her purchases, everything she needed, clothes, a couple of pairs of sturdy boots, flashlight, water bottles, utility knife, the lot. Cate didn't even bother trying anything on, she knew her size perfectly and could pick them out blindfolded. She stood at the counter and paid for her own gear and waited for her frineds to join her. Looking at her watch, she imagined the Korean should be almost in Tehran by now. The clerk handed her a receipt which she stuffed in her pocket. It would of course have to go to the SGC later. She turned to Elena and Raiden. "You two finished yet?"

Comment

((A bit lame, have not much time))

Scorpio rolled her eyes at Raiden's words, shaking her head slightly and swearing quietly in Russian, trying to avoid another quarrel. She turned back to the items in stock and collected two more sets of change clothes, underwear and boots. Then she went along the counters and stuffed the backpack with what she would need "in mountains." Ten more minutes were spent to try new garments on in a changing room as English size system was still a bit confusing for her, and Elena re-joined her team right as Cate paid for her stuff.

"Yep. I did. Don't know about our anxious friend, though."

She answered to her, while fishing out the wallet from her purse to pay for the purchases.
                Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 03 November 2010, 08:44 AM.
                Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Elana and Cate had finished and collected all their new purchases they had only to wait for Raiden now. Even though he said he had everything taken care of, he was busy looking over the collection of Leatherman utility knives and torches. There was one thing Cate forgot herself. "Just a minute Lena." She said and went swiftly down the aisle that displayed climbing gear. She picked up two good ropes, shackles and clips. In five minutes she returned to the counter. "I'll take these please."

The young woman added all the new items and rang it up. "Two hundred and ten pounds please ma'am."

Cate fiddled around with her money and handed it over, she looked at Lena's expression with a grin. "What? I just like to be prepared....." She glanced over her shoulder at Raiden. "Found what you're looking for yet?"

((No owrse than mine V))

Comment

"As I told you when I entered the store I already have my gear Cate." Batou replied.

Comment

Her head whipped around at Raiden, his words reminded her of something she had forgotten, something she had left behind at the SGC perhaps, she couldn't recall. She looked at her left hand. "Oh crap..my ring." The was nothing that could be done about it now, but it was also something she would beat herself up over. Hopefully it might be in her pack on the Odyssey. Apart from photographs, her wedding ring was the last reminder of her husband. She tilted her head to both Elena and Raiden. "Good then, we're ready to go. Who wants to drive this time?" She asked as she dangled the keys to Sally.

Comment

((more lame. ))

Captain caught the keys and pulled them out of Cate's hand.

"Well, since we're all ready, then I can use some leftside driving practice."

She picked up her now filled backpack and went outside, guessing her teammates will follow. Elena approached the car's rear and put the pack on the ground.

"Sally, be so kind and open your trunk, please. And I'm sorry for my bad temper earlier, I really meant nothing like that."

"Just a second, Elena."

The lid slowly opened and Ovcharenko thanked the car, even if it was as odd as it seemed to her, placed her backpack inside, and moved to the driver's door. She noticed the ticket under wiper and stopped with the door half-opened.

"Cate, listen, just plainly theoretically, who pays that fine?"

sigpic

Comment

<Warren Street- Curb side>

{Flt Lt Catherine Hayden} {Sally RX8}

"I can answer that for you Elena and I forgive you." Sally said cheerfully. "Place the ticket in the reader within my glove compartment, the details will be sent to Q at MI6, she will forward onto your commander at the SGC, Major General Henry Landry I presume..or I can send it directly to your father Catherine, if you wish?"

"Ah, that would be a no, thank you Sally." Cate's mind raced through the countless times in her life that the Admiral had 'fixed' things for her. She wasn't about to start that cycle again. She slipped into the passenger side and allowed Raiden to take the back. When the trunk was open, Cate noticed some large black boxes in there, she was curious, it didn't leave a lot of storage room.

"I wonder Elena what 'Sally' has for us in the way of surprises." She knew this would tickle a response from the car and guessed that weapons would be at the top of the list. She hoped so.

((Not lame V, lame is a very quick post of dialogue without really thinking it over...as some do))

Comment

((A quick one to give you something to mess with while I'm sleeping. And we're to the Heathrow, right?))

Scorpio grabbed the ticket, took her place in the car and the door shut close itself behind her. Ignition key went in the lock, and Lena did as Sally told her to, watching the piece of paper being scanned. After the car said all data were sent, she shoved it merciless in her purse, then turning the key and smoothly moving from the parking spot.

"Yeah, Cate, it'd be a very interesting story to hear while we're heading to the airport, Sally, wouldn't it?"

sigpic

Comment

Sally reponded by tinting the windows so that the people outside the car could not see in, and brought up a heads up display on the windshield not unlike those found in Puddle Jumpers. "As you can see Elena you will still be able to drive as I display some of my secrets and no one outside the car will be any the wiser." As Sally spoke a schematic of her came up on the HUD. "I have been fitted with 2 rocket pods, smoke dispersers, oil slick generators, an adaptive cloak, all terrain tyres, reactive armor plating, an EMP wave generator and twin hood mounted machineguns. And that is naming just a few of my "HARDWARE" systems."

"Hey Flight wouldnt't that be kinda hard for Sally to do right now seeing as your dad is not on Earth at the moment?" Raiden asked.
                              Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 06 November 2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

((lame grammar then? ))

"What, no 125 mm cannon, our little Sally T-90M?" Elena chuckled as she stopped due to a red light, ready to turn on other street, using Sally's adviced route on a navigator. "And what about your software then?"

Captain moved from place as the traffic lights turned green and immediately hit the brakes since a wise guy decided to speed across the crossroad not minding his red light at all. Lena moved the car again, calmly continuing her question, like nothing happened.

"To be more accurate, do you've something aboard among your software to punish that cretin without exploding him?"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X