Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John was temporarily split from the group. The doctors did not have time to do a full examination so they did the simple tests on pain threshold before wrapping his ankle in an ace bandage, tonight after this mess he would get x-rays. He hobbled on his crutches to cafeteria and sat with Teyla, Ronon and Rodney. There was a nice Turkey Sandwich waiting for him at the empty spot across from Ronon.

He couldn't help but snicker in amusement at Ronon pigging out on his food. Rodney seemed to be taking in the delights of his plate as well. Unfortunately he couldn't stay long since Chuck called him back to meet with Woolsey. With a bow of his head John watched McKay leave in a hurry, leaving his plate behind. Teyla followed suit.

With McKay's plate empty, it seemed that Ronon did not hesitate digging into McKay's plate as well. John laughed before taking a bite of his Turkey sandwich.

"I officially have a new nickname for you," John joked, "King Henry."
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Ronon raised an ironic eyebrow, showing John he was amused. "I'm not royalty." He told John between bites of mash and meat. "And you know." He pretended to think about it, holding up a drum stick in the air. "I prefer Chewie." The character the nickname "Chewie" came from, actually was a fond favourite of Ronon's.

Comment

"You keep waving that drumstick in the air," John replied with a grin on his face, "and people will start associating you with him."

He was glad he was having a leisure conversation with Ronon. With all the dark thoughts that had clouded his mind, Kolya and losing Elizabeth, he needed to bring his mind to better things. His team was still in one piece and were not going anywhere for a while.

"But don't worry," John continue, "you will always be Chewie to me.....speaking of which we have to pop in Star Wars at some point again.....I am in the mood to see it"

(OOC: and so is the Lady)
        BALCONIES
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
          Spoiler:

It was only by a whisker they missed being blown into nothingness, a blue white beam arced across their nose just as they passed the moon's horizon. Apollo was already there hiding in the shadows and Ted called her up immediately. "Zero twenty two, Apollo priority landing request."

"Zero twenty two you are on auto landing cue Colonel welcome back."

"Roger Apollo. Todd you can leave your hands on the controls if you like, so you get the feel for the landing sequence."

The little craft was now being controlled by the Apollo's auto lander. She came around in a broad curve and was in the hangar bay withing seconds. The moment the throttles and brakes shut down Ted opened the canopy. "Major get us out of here, back to Atlantis....now!"

The ship ran up it's familar whirring of engines and as both Ted and Todd exited their 302 the Apollo shifted and was on her way home.

((OOC posted from off world thread))

<<USS Apollo~Atlantis orbit>>

{Major Katrina Fothering} NPC

The great Tauri ship broke out of hyper space in geosyncranos orbit over the planet, the moment she had settled a broadcast was sent out without delay. The Major didn't wait for Hasluck or Todd to join her, she knew the drill. "Atlantis, Apollo. Mission completed. We have WIA's aboard ready for immediate evac, Doctor's MacGregor and Beckett, Colonel Hasluck and the Wraith known as Todd, your orders please."

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
          {Kenny/Bonewhite}
          Spoiler:

For long moments Bonewhite sat silent, unable to give a response, and he shut the file, placing it on the table, his long fingers resting on its manilla surface. There were stories of humans sacrificing others of their kind to Wraith, of course - offering them up to their gods like the cattle they were. But it was not something he'd expected from these lanteans, and he huffed softly. "This is... a... most unusual circumstance, Mr. Woolsey, and I ask again if this is a step you truly wish to take?" The Wraith allowed himself a dry chuckle then, seeing the humour too. "Certainly, we will be glad to fill our holds again, but we must be certain that such a cull may proceed unhindered." His white head tipped as he scrutinised Hairy. "You understand my caution, I believe?"

Without even blinking Richard answered unfazed. "We'll do what is necessary commander. Though for our part, our bargain goes as far as those we target as Genii followers of this Sora and no more. Agreed?"

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

Approaching Woolsey's Office

Mckay Zelenka

Mckay was the first to the control room and he headed straight to Woolsey's office, Zelenka and Janus were but a few minutes behind him, seeing Zelenka and Janus approaching Mckay slowed turned and spoke

"Well, get anything useful done while i was away?"

Zelenka looked to Janus and back to Mckay

"As a matter of fact, no, we looked at a few things but didnt really have a lot of time to go indepth before Woolsey sent for us"" Mckay looked a little disappointed said

"Oh, well, maybe later when i have time, lets go see what Woolsey has for us, altho it cant be good if a wraith is involved" He looked over at Janus as they approached Woolsey's office
            "Bet you never thought you'd see a wraith in Atlantis? "
            sigpic

Comment

{Janus}

Janus chuckled slightly, though his eyes showed his inner wariness and mistrust. "Never thought that it would happen, no," he said with a shake of his head.

He looked towards the office. Would this leader accept him?

Comment

{Todd}

It was not the sudden slowing of the human ship that told Todd they had finally arrived back in orbit around the world on which Atlantis floated, rather the sudden and totally unexpected presence of one of his brothers. And not just any presence. This was his Second, the one who should have taken command of the hive in his absence but if that was the case, what was he doing here?

Todd cast a quick look in Hasluck’s direction but it was obvious the Colonel’s many unique skills did not include the ability to tune into the Wraith telepathic network. So flexing his hands and ignoring the warning looks of the mandatory little group of marines who had shadowed him since the 302 arrived back on board, Todd walked over to a large portal that looked out onto blue and green world below. Knowing the Second would have sensed his arrival, there was only one succinct question on his mind. ~Why are you here?~
                Last edited by Trillian52; 22 February 2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post

"You keep waving that drumstick in the air," John replied with a grin on his face, "and people will start associating you with him."

He was glad he was having a leisure conversation with Ronon. With all the dark thoughts that had clouded his mind, Kolya and losing Elizabeth, he needed to bring his mind to better things. His team was still in one piece and were not going anywhere for a while.

"But don't worry," John continue, "you will always be Chewie to me.....speaking of which we have to pop in Star Wars at some point again.....I am in the mood to see it"

(OOC: and so is the Lady)

"Nah," Ronon shrugged, munching away on said drumstick. "Don't even know the man, I doubt others will." He figured it was a fictional character. Most of John's movie obsessions had proved amusing, so he figured this would, too.

"No star wars, I want to see that Henry movie." He said, watching John.

Comment

"Well there are movies made about him," John replied taking a sip of his drink. He remembered learning about Tudor England in his European history class. He was quite amused about the soap opera of a life those people had back then, "but King Henry, the Eighth to be exact was a real person. He was some King who ruled on Earth dead now but left quite a legacy behind."

He paused and took a sip of his drink. He never thought he would be giving Ronon a brief history lesson when it was often McKay's job to educate. But history was a secret interest John liked to keep hidden, only shared with a few friends.

"He was famous for eating alot and having six wives," He said, "not at the same time but marrying six times was rather uncommon....I think the best way to describe him...would be the love child of Lucius Lavin and Larrin"

He shuddered at the thought of those two together but he had to admit, it was a funny thought.
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by benoz777
                      Without even blinking Richard answered unfazed. "We'll do what is necessary commander. Though for our part, our bargain goes as far as those we target as Genii followers of this Sora and no more. Agreed?"

{Kenny/Bonewhite}

The Wraith sucked in air, and grunted affirmation. "Yes."

“Why are you here?”

The sudden intrusion into his thought processes brought Bonewhite bolt upright in his seat, eyes widening as he recognised the signature of the mind, its distinct flavour, that contacted him. The expression on the blade's face opposite went from suspicion to fleeting concern, half rising from his own seat in response to Bonewhite's snort of surprise.

~Commander... I have come to negotiate a treaty between these Lanteans and our Alliance ~ Bonewhite hesitated to call it that, the rag-taggle group of men and hives that survived in the wake of the internecine war and the fierce attacks by these new aliens. ~There is much we need to discuss, and that soon, my Lord ~

((OOC - Trill would you mind using this '~' when Wraith talk mind to mind or to each other? Ta. Mwah))
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post

"Well there are movies made about him," John replied taking a sip of his drink. He remembered learning about Tudor England in his European history class. He was quite amused about the soap opera of a life those people had back then, "but King Henry, the Eighth to be exact was a real person. He was some King who ruled on Earth dead now but left quite a legacy behind."

He paused and took a sip of his drink. He never thought he would be giving Ronon a brief history lesson when it was often McKay's job to educate. But history was a secret interest John liked to keep hidden, only shared with a few friends.

"He was famous for eating alot and having six wives," He said, "not at the same time but marrying six times was rather uncommon....I think the best way to describe him...would be the love child of Lucius Lavin and Larrin"

He shuddered at the thought of those two together but he had to admit, it was a funny thought.
                        The mere mention of Lavin was enough to put Ronon of his food, at least temporarily. He pushed his plate away, nothing on it but inedible scraps anyway.

"Okay." He grunted, thinking. Which was when the various pains and aches made themselves known again. He grimaced a little but forced himself to focus on the conversation.

"So, was he a good guy? Or did he fight a lot?" Ronon thought Henry didn't sound like he had been a dictator or anything, but in his experience, kings that had many wives often were. It came with the territory, they had to fight for their place at the top of the food chain.

Comment

((OOC - Kinda thought we might need this here. ))

{NPC}

The sudden activation of the event horizon set the alarms jangling, and sent Woolsey and Bonewhite to their feet almost simultaneously. One of the newer gate techs turned to look at the base Commander as he appeared at the door to his office.

"Sir, it's an urgent message being broadcast by an incoming dart and is encrypted with our own algorithms, shall I patch it through?" Receiving an affirming nod from Woolsey, the tech quickly brought the message online.

"Atlantis... do not fire. I repeat. Do. Not. Fire. There are ships heading for Bakun..."
                          Last edited by Isolde; 26 February 2011, 01:27 PM. Reason: Because Ryn told me too. :P
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            {Kenny/Bonewhite}

“Why are you here?”

The sudden intrusion into his thought processes brought Bonewhite bolt upright in his seat, eyes widening as he recognised the signature of the mind, its distinct flavour, that contacted him. The expression on the blade's face opposite went from suspicion to fleeting concern, half rising from his own seat in response to Bonewhite's snort of surprise.

~Commander... I have come to negotiate a treaty between these Lanteans and our Alliance ~ Bonewhite hesitated to call it that, the rag-taggle group of men and hives that survived in the wake of the internecine war and the fierce attacks by these new aliens. ~There is much we need to discuss, and that soon, my Lord ~

Spoiler:
                            ((OOC - Trill would you mind using this '~' when Wraith talk mind to mind or to each other? Ta. Mwah))
                            Sorry it's been so long since Todd spoke to other Wraith he forgot himself for a moment...

{Todd}

The hesitation in his Second’s voice was not lost on Todd. Turning back to Hasluck, he felt a sudden sense of apprehension that things, the Alliance in particular, had not been going well in his absence. “Colonel, I would like to be beamed down to Atlantis as soon as possible.”

Returning to survey the surface of the planet below he then extended his thoughts back to his lieutenant. ~We must be cautious. As you have no doubt already noticed, these Atlanteans are a skittish race especially when we are on their home territory.~ Yet again Todd looks around, this time to cast a disdainful look at the marines. ~I will be there as soon as I am able.~
                            Last edited by Trillian52; 24 February 2011, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                              ((OOC - Kinda thought we might need this here. ))

{NPC}
                              Spoiler:

The sudden activation of the event horizon set the alarms jangling, and sent Woolsey and Bonewhite to their feet almost simultaneously. One of the newer gate techs turned to look at the base Commander as he appeared at the door to his office.

"Sir, it's an urgent message being broadcast by an incoming dart and is encrypted with our own algorithms, shall I patch it through?" Recieving an affirming nod from Woolsey, the tech quickly brought the message online.

"Atlantis... do not fire. I repeat. Do. Not. Fire. There are ships heading for Bakun..."

Richard was out of his chair in a sprightly flash he looked at his 'guest' as he left his chair. "This should be interesting, would you come with me please." As he reached the control room he tapped his coms. "This is Richard Woolsey, commander of Atlantis. If you are on a planet with your craft, you should land and come through the gate, we will lower our shield. We have others of your people with us." He turned his head to Kenny. "I hope you can vouch for this fellow."

Comment

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                {Kenny/Bonewhite}

“Why are you here?”

~Commander... I have come to negotiate a treaty between these Lanteans and our Alliance ~ Bonewhite hesitated to call it that, the rag-taggle group of men and hives that survived in the wake of the internecine war and the fierce attacks by these new aliens. ~There is much we need to discuss, and that soon, my Lord ~[/SPOILERS]

Spoiler:
                                Sorry it's been so long since Todd spoke to other Wraith he forgot himself for a moment...

{Todd}

The hesitation in his Second’s voice was not lost on Todd. Turning back to Hasluck, he felt a sudden sense of apprehension that things, the Alliance in particular, had not been going well in his absence. “Colonel, I would like to be beamed down to Atlantis as soon as possible.”

Returning to survey the surface of the planet below he then extended his thoughts back to his lieutenant. ~We must be cautious. As you have no doubt already noticed, these Atlanteans are a skittish race especially when we are on their home territory.~ Yet again Todd looks around, this time to cast a disdainful look at the marines. ~I will be there as soon as I am able.~

Ted heaved his over large shoulders and grinned mischeviously. "We'll still have that Bourbon Todd, today, tomorrow. Major Fothering, drop us in on the control room platform platfrom."

"Aye Sir!"

The familar old blue white Asgard beam did it's job and the two T's lobbed right in front of Woolsey. "Woolsey." Ted said blankly. "I've brought a friend.." He noticed another wraith and nodded in a casual way. "Now if you don't mind, I need a bath, I'll debrief you in half an hour..sir." With that he turned and started away, he spoke quietly to Todd before he left. "Don't leave without me."

On his way down the stairs, Ruben Thurston caught up with his old boss. "Sir team two is back, Lorne is in the com sir."

"Thanks Ruben, I'll see him first."

Ted went to the commisary on swift legs, well for him it was a waltz. He found Lorne eating alone. "Major.." he sat down. "..so how did the flyboy go, find anything useful back on Bakun. Oh and sorry I had to disappear back there, the Wraith and I had some 'business' to do."

((OOC "flyboy" is Sheppard ))

Comment

Working...
                                X