X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Atlantis> - <Command Centre>

{Dr. Jennifer Keller}

Listening to what Karina had to say, Jennifer felt she couldn't add anything of worth. After all, she'd been crawling on her belly to get a decent view of the cave the kids had holed up in, and trying to talk them down. At the moment she served no purpose, and she was totally aware of her absence from the infirmary. If it hadn't been for the issue of what they were to do with the kids, that's where she would have been.

"Mr. Woolsey." Keller called the base commander's name over the top of the others conversation. "Look, I'm sorry to interrupt, but we have got to find somewhere for the children." Taking a deep breath, she swept on and answered his earlier question. "I have no idea if the Genii have a ship, as I was too far away from the rest of the team when the amubush started. Karina might have the intel on that."

A silence fell in the small office, and she fidgeted, nervous, hoping she hadn't overstepped the mark. Military matters were sometimes an enigma to her, and she always felt uncomforable about swinging the conversation towards what she saw as important.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by benoz777 View Post

{Richard Woolsey} NPC

Seeing Major Lorne enter brought a ray of hope to Richard's gloomy mood. He picked the small girl up and placed her on his lap. "Yes Major, take a seat please." He tapped his monitor screen with his finger and brought up a list of personnel. "Chuck, could you call Lieutenant Benedict up here for me please?"

"Yes sir." Chuck initiated his comslink. "Lieutenant Benedict, Mr Woolsey would like to see you in command please."

Richard heard and thanked him, then continued. "Jennifer, where there any indications these Genii were responsible for the attacks on Baku? our intelligence is sketchy, but we believe they possess a ship now."
      He thought there might be a link here so he turned to Karina. "Major Fothering, now can you tell me what happened with the Apollo, how was Colonel Davidson injured?"
      {Major Evan Lorne}

"Yes sir." Evan said as he sat, not able to help the small grin that crossed his features as he watched Woolsey with the little girl. He'd never pegged the IOA's watchdog as a man that took well to kids and could say that he was pleasantly surprised.
      If anything, he was glad the kids were doing alright. They'd been through a lot and needed some friendly faces and comfort zones.

He sat in silence, listening to the conversation, his eyebrows furrowing at the thought of the Genii and their own ship. Things only got worse when he learnt that his CO was still out there and that two Aurora class ships had been added to their ever growing list of threats.
      Watching Fothering, Evan could she was somewhat troubled by the choices she'd had to make. It was never easy to leave people behind, even if more lives were at stake.
      "You did the right thing, Major." He looked directly at her, hoping to ease some of the burden she may feel. He could have said how he'd have done the same thing, but from his own experience that never really had the right effect unless it came from someone you admired or respected. And quite frankly, he couldn't even recall ever having seen the Major when he was stationed at SGC.

<Infirmary> - <Command Centre>

{Lt. Lyall Benedict}

Lieutenant Lyall Benedict had been in the Infirmary for the past week, having been victim to the Pegasus version of the flu. He'd been discharged a few days ago and told to 'take it easy' until a nurse or doctor gave him the green light for active duty again.
      And he seriously, seriously, wanted to go back to work. He'd been bored out of his mind, not allowed to do more than lay in bed and read all day.
      He'd informed the nurses countless times of this fact, to the point that they were all just as glad as he was, when they declared him fit and healthy enough to go back to using Wraith for target practice.
      And then the Apollo had started beaming injured men and women down.

He wasn't sure what he should do as, while he was technically still on sick leave, some crisis had occurred and sent everyone into a working frenzy.
      Lyall decided it would be best to check in with Cadman and let her know that he was ready to take up arms again and was about to radio her for her location when the radio crackled to life and Chuck's voice came through, the request making Lyall's eyebrows raise. He rarely ever got called to Command and it was usually to see Sheppard about SGA3's newest mission.
      Already moving towards the nearest transporter, he clicked the comm and responded"Roger. I'm on my way."

After all the hassling going on down in the Infirmary, Command felt somewhat less energetic, with all the technicians, pouring over their laptops and panels and the few odd Marines on duty just standing around.
      Walking past a few techs, Lyall gave Chuck a quick two finger by way of greeting and came to Woolsey's door, knocking and walking in.
      He stood at to attention as he looked at the bespectacled man "You wanted to see me, sir?"

Evan turned his head as the door was knocked, watching Cadman's 2iC walk in and couldn't help but note that he looked a lot more healthier than the last time he'd seen him. Which had been a week ago, just before the Lieutenant gave everyone in the cafeteria a first hand view at what he'd had for breakfast that morning. It was safe to say that Evan had lost his appetite for the rest of the day.
      Last edited by RubixCube; 30 September 2010, 04:18 AM.
      │▌║█▌││║█ █║│██│║║
      .Browncoat.Gater.Trekkie.
      Aftermath Lyall 'Bean' Benedict New Seasons

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post

{Dr. Jennifer Keller}

Listening to what Karina had to say, Jennifer felt she couldn't add anything of worth. After all, she'd been crawling on her belly to get a decent view of the cave the kids had holed up in, and trying to talk them down. At the moment she served no purpose, and she was totally aware of her absence from the infirmary. If it hadn't been for the issue of what they were to do with the kids, that's where she would have been.

"Mr. Woolsey." Keller called the base commander's name over the top of the others conversation. "Look, I'm sorry to interrupt, but we have got to find somewhere for the children." Taking a deep breath, she swept on and answered his earlier question. "I have no idea if the Genii have a ship, as I was too far away from the rest of the team when the amubush started. Karina might have the intel on that."

A silence fell in the small office, and she fidgeted, nervous, hoping she hadn't overstepped the mark. Military matters were sometimes an enigma to her, and she always felt uncomforable about swinging the conversation towards what she saw as important.
        <Atlantis Command>

{Richard Woolsey} NPC

"Yes Lieutenant, take a seat if you would." Richard waited a moment then responded first to Doctor Keller.

"You had little choice in the matter Jennifer and I must commend you for what you managed to do. Bringing these children out alive took courage and resourcefulness. We have this to be utterly thankful for, you and just saved the Bakun people from total extinction. One day I hope, these little ones..." He held the little girl more closely as she fell asleep against him, "...will sow the seeds of Baku's revival." Richard looked up at Evan and Benedict both. "Major, I've arranged for another of Colonel Hasluck's combat teams to assist you. As the Apollo might be delayed in returning, I need you to take a jumper to Baku, along with the Marines and Lieutenant Benedict, so that he may rejoin Laura Cadman. Doctor Keller, I ask this only if you are able, it is your choice. I'd like you to accompany Major Lorne after you've made the children comfortable. Jumper two will be in the Gate Room in one hour with the Marine squad."
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

<Atlantis Command>

{Major Karina Fothering}

Karina waited patiently for Woolsey to finish his orders. His question to her before about unusual readings was niggling at the back of her head. She was certain there had bee something, but in the attack it had been pushed from her mind. So she waited in the hope it would come back to her. Luck it seemed, was on her side as the answer reared its head. The Major cleared her throat. "Sir, you asked about he Ancient ships that attacked us, well the energy signature of the ships was more similar to an Asgard energy pattern." She looked around the room at Major Lorne and the others before back to Woolsey. "With your permission sir, I'd like to return to the Apollo as soon as possible and oversee the repairs. I want to be able to head back there as soon as we are able to lend assistance."
          If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
          sigpic

Comment

<Atlantis Command>

{Richard Woolsey} NPC

"Asgard?" Richard was about to jump at the mention, only the sleeping child prevented him from doing so. "That could only mean one thing, our visitors that Doctor's Jackson and McKay had dealings with recently and they seemed to be openly hostile toward us. Yes by all means Karina, do so." Tapping his coms rapidly. "Chuck, as soon as we're able, contact the SGC, I will have an urgent transcript for them soon."

"Sir our scheduled check in, is thirty five minutes away sir."

"That will do." He tapped the table for a moment, then addressed all of them. "We all have work to do. I don't know what will come of this, but our first priority is to get our people safely home, hopefully we can at least achieve that today." He settled back into his chair and wiped his brow, something told him it was going to be a long night. "Oh and Karina, when you're back on Apollo, see if you can locate Larrin, we made need her and the Travellers."

Comment

<Atlantis Command>

{Dr. Jennifer Keller} - {NPC's}

The question Woolsey posed about going back to Baku required no thought on Jennifer's part. "I'm more than willing to head back," she stated, firm in her resolve. "If you'll give me an hour to get the children to the Athosians, and ensure their comfort..."

Jacinta began to cry, wrapping her arms around Keller's leg. "Plleease, don' leave us... plleeeasse..."

Many of the kids, emotionally overwrought, began to cry, some remained silent, stifling their grief while thick tears rolled down grubby cheeks. It was too much for them. Keller's own emotional response thickened her throat, and she gazed hopelessly at Woolsey, going for some help. None came, as he, too, seemed affected.

All the adults in the room looked alarmed, and Jennifer crouched down, holding Jacinta against her body. Addressing Rolf, she said, "The Athosians are our friends, and they will take care of you. I have to go back, for my friends, to help rescue any more of your people if there are any left." She appealed to the boy, so young, so brave, who trembled in an effort to control his feelings. "I need you to take care of them for a while longer, Rolf. Can you do that?"

Rolf nodded, a jerky movement that hid his distress. "Yes."

Holding out her hand to the boy, Jennifer took his when he reached to her. "You are an amazing kid, Rolf." Keeping a tight grasp of Rolf's hand, and Jacinta within her other arm, she looked up at Woolseyin an appeal. "An hour, that's all."
              Last edited by Isolde; 03 October 2010, 03:08 AM. Reason: spelling... :rolleyes:
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                <Atlantis Command>

{Richard Woolsey} NPC

"Yes Lieutenant, take a seat if you would." Richard waited a moment then responded first to Doctor Keller.

"You had little choice in the matter Jennifer and I must commend you for what you managed to do. Bringing these children out alive took courage and resourcefulness. We have this to be utterly thankful for, you and just saved the Bakun people from total extinction. One day I hope, these little ones..." He held the little girl more closely as she fell asleep against him, "...will sow the seeds of Baku's revival." Richard looked up at Evan and Benedict both. "Major, I've arranged for another of Colonel Hasluck's combat teams to assist you. As the Apollo might be delayed in returning, I need you to take a jumper to Baku, along with the Marines and Lieutenant Benedict, so that he may rejoin Laura Cadman. Doctor Keller, I ask this only if you are able, it is your choice. I'd like you to accompany Major Lorne after you've made the children comfortable. Jumper two will be in the Gate Room in one hour with the Marine squad."
                <Atlantis Command>
                {Major Evan Lorne}
                {Lt. Lyall Benedict}

Lyall glanced around the room, every space that he could sit on was already taken, not including the floor. But he was pretty sure there was something in regs about doing that during, what appeared to be, a briefing.
                Instead of shooing one of the kids off a chair, he fell into parade rest, hands neatly clasped behind his back while he listened to the conversation at hand.
                He was proud to say that he managed to catch most of it, being distracted for but a moment or two at which he pulled a funny face at a few children.
                At the mention of going along to rejoin his team, Lyall had to take a minute to realize that SGA3 had left on a mission without him. And it wasn't like he could feel bad about them not having told him, knowing them they probably had and he was just so out of it, what with the flu and the medicine he'd be doped up on,that it just didn't register.

Major Lorne sat up a bit straighter as Woolsey spoke directly to him, nodding in acceptance at the news of a team of Marines joining him to bringing Sheppard and his team back.
                "Sir, I'd like it if the Marines stocked up on some extra ammo for this run. The Colonel's team are probably low on rounds and we might need all the firepower we can get if we have to protect some more refugees." Evan gave his request a moments thought before adding " And an extra batch of C4, in case the Genii do have a ship." It never hurt to be prepared.
                Though even he doubted they could prepare well enough for a run-in with the rogue Asgards. The fact that the whole mini-war in space wasn't his battle, didn't make his gut clench any less. The Milky Way Asgards had helped them so much, considering their race as hostile felt so weird, but he wouldn't hesitate to open fire if he came across one. Even if these rogues had a sad story, it was his people or them. And Atlantis, Earth would definitely win that one.

As the children started to cry, Evan found himself with the urge to hug them as he would whenever his sister's kids started crying. He' reached out a hand and gently ruffled on of the childrens' hair, giving as many as he could a reassuring smile. He didn't need to comfort them with words, Keller already doing a fine job of it, so he opted for a "Don't worry. We'll bring back the doc and any more of your people we find, safe and sound."
                The problem with making a promise with kids, is that you had to, by all means, keep to it.

Pulling himself to his feet, Evan glanced quickly at his watch, noting the time "Lieutenant, go ahead and get yourself geared up."
                "Yes sir." Lyall nodded at him before looking at the other occupants "Mr. Woolsey, Major, Doc." With a brief nod of the head to each, he left the room, taking the stairs down to the transporter. To think that his first mission back would be to rescue his own team.

Evan barely waited for Lyall to leave before turning to Keller "I don't know if you're planning on taking any equipment with you, but if you need something carried, radio me or the Lieutenant and we'll drop by to assist."
                He was rather glad that they were getting a doctor for the mission. They had no clue how bad things were on the planet and basic medical training didn't always cut it, so if it meant that he'd be lugging some heavy Ancient machinery, then he wouldn't be complaining.
                │▌║█▌││║█ █║│██│║║

Comment

<Atlantis Command>

{Dr. Jennifer Keller}

A wan smile greeted Lorne's question, and Jennifer said, "Yeah, some more field meds. I have a feeling we'll need it." She returned her attention back to Woolsey, as she rose from the crouch. "I'm heading to new Athos, and I'll be back asap."

Not willing to wait a second longer, Keller gathered the youngsters, including Woolsey's new, little friend, and headed out of his office.
                  sigpic

Comment

<Atlantis Command>

{Major Karina Fothering} + {Chuck} [NPC]

Standing back to allow Keller and her entourage to leave the office, Karina then offered a nod to Woolsey and Lorne before leaving herself. she headed over to Chuck at his station. "Can you contact the Apollo for me, tell them I'm ready to be beamed back up."

"Yes Major," replied Chuck. A few moments later Karina materialised back on the Apollo's bridge.

Immediately, she set about checking the status reports on the repair work so she could judge how long before they were fully operational. Though the next problem she had would be how to contact Larrin. She had never met the Traveller's woman before, but had heard a great deal - most of it seemed to be that in order to find he you had to be Colonel Sheppard, which was of great help at this current moment in time. she knew that she couldn't was too much time trying to find Larrin, but at the same time they needed her help against the Asgard ships. 'Its going to be one of those days' she thought ruefully.
                    sigpic

Comment

<Atlantis Command>

{Richard Woolsey} NPC

"An hour will be fine Doctor." Richard nodded to Atlantis's CMO and allowed her to take the little one from him. He made a mental note to get down to New Athos as soon as he made his report to the SGC at the scheduled check. As soon as the other's ahd all left, he got up from his chair and began to pace the length of the room. "Asgard, Genii?" Something didn't sit right, why were these all coming out of the woods now. He clicked his comslink, the Marine detachment should be almost ready by now. "Sergeant Grayson if you're on your way, Major Lorne asks if you can stcok up on extra ammunition and C4."

"Already done Mr Woolsey, we have...."

"I don't need to know, so long as you're prepared."

"We are sir."

"Chuck link me with Major Fothering please."

"Yes sir. You're on now""

Comment

<USS Apollo><Atlantis Orbit>

{Major Karina Fothering}

Karina nodded to the technician as he told her that Atlantis was hailing. "Patch them through." She sat in the command chair on th bridge and had come to realise why her superior had a tendency to be stern at times - the chair was really uncomfortably! "Atlantis, this is Apollo. Repairs are well under way. It'll mostly be patch jobs but we should be able to head out within the next hour or two."
                        sigpic

Comment

<Atlantis Command>

{Richard Woolsey} NPC

"Thank you Major, that is good news at least. I have some intel here that might interest you. SGA6 returned recently from MX8-D09 a day ago, Larrin was there in re-supply, Captain Fujiawa said that she would most likely be there another day. It's a slight deviation on your return to Baku, no more than an hour in the same system." Richard, changed channels for a moment. "Doctor Keller, Major Lorne, the Marines will be ready in the gate room in twenty minutes. Major you are authorised to use lethal force if necessary and Jumper five has been prepped for you in the bay." He switched back to the Apollo. "Karina I don't need to tell you how important this is, so I just say, godspeed and good luck."

Comment

<Atlantis>

{Dr. Jennifer Keller}

The hour on New Athos had proceeded smoothly, and Jennifer emerged from the blue of the event horizon feeling just that little bit better than she had. Once this whole business at Baku had been settled, she was going to head back there to see the kids, and make certain they had everything they needed. From the look on some of her colleagues faces, she felt certain she wouldn't be the only one making the trip. God help them, the poor little devils deserved that much, at least.

Coming down the ramp, she clicked her com on. "Keller reporting. You want me to remain here or meet you in the jumper bay, Major?"
                            sigpic

Comment

<USS Apollo><Atlantis Orbit>

{Major Karina Fothering}

"Thank you for the information, Mr Woolsey," the Major responded gratefully. "Apollo out."

Karina sat back in her chair and tried to think of the best course of action. At least two hours to make repairs and then to MX8-D09 and hope that Larrin was both there and willing to help them. She had never met the woman and she just hoped she;d be able to convince Larrin to help them.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                                <Atlantis>

{Dr. Jennifer Keller}

The hour on New Athos had proceeded smoothly, and Jennifer emerged from the blue of the event horizon feeling just that little bit better than she had. Once this whole business at Baku had been settled, she was going to head back there to see the kids, and make certain they had everything they needed. From the look on some of her colleagues faces, she felt certain she wouldn't be the only one making the trip. God help them, the poor little devils deserved that much, at least.

Coming down the ramp, she clicked her com on. "Keller reporting. You want me to remain here or meet you in the jumper bay, Major?"

<Atlantis Armory> - <Atlantis Jumper Bay>

{Major Evan Lorne}

{Lt. Lyall Benedict}
                                {NPC}

Having finished up a few last minute problems, Evan was in the Armory, stashing another block of C4 into his tac vest and grabbing a P90 from the row on the wall, just as Keller's voice reached his ear.
                                "Back already doc? Yeah, just head on up to the bay, Benedict and the Marines should be waiting."He clicked the weapon to his vest, grabbing a bit more than the standard amount of rounds "The gear you requested should be loaded. And if not, feel free to snap at them to move it. I'll be up in a min. Lorne out."

Clicking his com off, he proceeded to fill up a few empty pockets with grenades and 9mm ammo, taking a step back to pat himself down as he did a last check.
                                With a final tug at the P90, checking it was secure, he went for the door, letting his hand glide over the ever glowing crystal, the door closing behind him with a soft sound and made his way to the transporter.
                                Pressing his desired location, Evan blinked at the usual moment of disorientation as he was transported from one place to another.

Lyall grabbed the last bag, a red cross shining clearly on the black cloth, and passed it to the Marine standing in Jumper 5, who in turn swung it up onto the rack above him and secured it tightly.
                                The Lieutenant flashed the man a smile, a thanks for his help and turned his eyes to his watch.
                                They still had ten minutes till they shipped out and a few minutes ago he'd felt the vibration of an establishing wormhole, which meant Keller should be back.
                                Lyall was eager to get out. Not just to be going on a mission, but to rejoin his team. He already felt a bit odd about his first mission since being sick to be with another team. Still, he hadn't been on a mission with the Major or an entire team of Marines before, not counting his own, so the excitement shone in his eyes, even if it was a grave situation. He liked to see the positive side of things.
                                "Looks like we're almost ready to go. Just the Majo-" He cut himself short as Lorne came into view, giving the man a short nod "Sir."

Evan nodded in return, his eyes drifting over the Marines and the Jumper, noting how everything was packed in nice and proper.
                                "Sir, we're stocked full and ready to go." Sergeant Grayson stepped forward from his team.
                                He gave the man a nod and spoke to them all"Alright, Doctor Keller should be up in a second and we'll head straight out. Check your equipment now, while you have the time." Evan headed into the Jumper and sat down, the machine coming to life with a gentle buzz at his single thought of 'On'.
                                │▌║█▌││║█ █║│██│║║

Comment

Working...
                                X