X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Atlantis Base - Gate Room>

{Ronon} -- {Teyla} -- {Woolsey} -- {Chuck}

Finally, they had arrived in the gate room, which was quickly becoming quite crowded. Ronon grunted, and moved to stand with Teyla again, his eyes still on Todd. The Wraith was seemingly harmless at the moment, but he knew how quickly that could all change.

Teyla stayed quiet, too, casting glances at the newcomers and smiling at them, although Todd only got a look. She was still unhappy with him joining their small expedition.

Woolsey looked at the newly arrived troupe, greeting each with a few words, though he left out the Wraith.

"Ah, Doctors and Captain, good to see you all here in one piece." He gave them a small smile, then looked over at Todd and his company.

"I trust he will not be ... an issue?" Woolsey raised an eyebrow.

"Colonel, they're all here," came a new voice on the comms, directed at Sheppard. It was Chuck. "Waiting for you, sir."

"Not so fast, Chuck," Woolsey called at the man, then clicked his own comms.

"Colonel, I would like a word with you as soon as you land."

Comment

<Atlantis> - <Control room/ Gate area>

{Captain/Doctor Anne MacGregor}

Even though Anne had passed through here a little earlier after arriving on the Apollo, she still drew her breath in. It was a wonderous marvel and she couldn't help her look of amazement. She found herself standing in the clear now, next to the overly large Satedan, well to her tiny frame he was. "Truly grand isn't it? Anne Macgregor." She said as she held out her tiny hand.
      Without the medical corps, there would be no SG teams left

wonderful Signature by my Daughter RogueRanger aka Melanie

Comment

<< Atlantis Base -- Gate room >>

{Ronon}

Ronon had to tear his gaze away from Todd in order to look at the new speaker. Awkwardly, he shook her hand, and mimicked her way of greeting.
        "Ronon Dex. Yeah. It's big." The Satedan replied, not really getting her actual meaning. He figured she meant the city was huge.

Comment

< Atlantis Base - Gateroom >

{Lt. Colonel John Sheppard}

John knew he was in for a dressing down so why not make it worthwhile he thought. At two kilometres from the city's main spire, he pushed the nose down hard increasing his velocity. In the cold winter airs, a white turbulance streamed out behind the Jumper. There was no sense of speed of course, the inertial dampeners took care of that, but his instruments indicated he was doing about 1,600 kilometres and hour. "Nice, that'll do." He thought. He aimed directly toward the control room outer balcony, he twisted the Jumper side ways and streaked past clearing the structure by less than a hundred metres. "Ah yes Mr Woolsey, confirm talk." John replied.

The thunderous roar that shook the tower and rattled the glass panes, almost to breaking might have thrilled some, but one man was not amused at all. He waited as the grey Jumper settled in front of the gate. The rear door opened and a moment later John appeared. Rodney greeted him first.

"So how was it?" he asked.

"Great Rodney, and no you're not naming it." John saw the teams had all assembled and looked up at the top railing to see Woolsey standing there with his arms folded, a crease on his brow told John that he was going to get an earful. But with what has been going on lately, he didn't really care.
          Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 27 August 2010, 01:51 PM. Reason: left out coms to Woolsey
          My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Spoiler:
            OOC - Hi all, I'm back from holidays now so will be taking over Todd from Iz and hopefully managing to retain the high standard she has set!

<Atlantis> <Control Room/Gate Area>

{Todd}

Todd merely absorbed the looks and comments being cast in his direction with a growing sense of disappointment. Did these humans really think he would be stupid enough to try to attack them in some way when they were all armed and he was not? While the Satedan's response was entirely predictable, he had expected something perhaps a little more trusting from the others. Obviously he was wrong so he remained silent, the slow flexing of his hands the only sign of his discontent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
              << Atlantis Base -- Gate room >>

{Ronon}

Ronon had to tear his gaze away from Todd in order to look at the new speaker. Awkwardly, he shook her hand, and mimicked her way of greeting.
              "Ronon Dex. Yeah. It's big." The Satedan replied, not really getting her actual meaning. He figured she meant the city was huge.

She looked up at his scraggly face, despite his demeanor and outward appearance, Anne sensed an underlying gentleness in him as well, she was not happy though about the tensions in the air. If things got out of and between the Wraith and the Satedan, it would make life miserable for everyone. Forever the mother first, she put herself between these two full grown adolescents. She released Ronon's hand and turned to Todd just a few feet away. "You two remind me so much of my brothers, always fighting, but in the end, one of you may one day have to make a choice between hostility and saving each others life. There is a common thread between you, you're both too blind to see it at the moment."

She left them standing there, hauled up her backsack and walked over to the jumper and began to examine it. Running her fingers along the sides, feeling the texture of the Ancient's handiwork.

Comment

{Todd}

Todd looked across at the Satedan, his face transformed by an unpleasant sneer, before walking over to smile indulgently at this new arrival. "Despite the experience you bring here Doctor MacGregor, I fear your ability to read some situations is sadly lacking. There is no common thread here and there never will be."

Comment

Anne shone her white teeth at the towering Wraith, she never retreated, which some found annoying at times, but she wasn't who she was for nothing. "We'll see commander, we'll see. I have a foreboding of the days to come, I fear we'll need to place ourselves in the hands of our companions more often than not." She then changed the subject. "Do your kind have family Todd?"

Comment

{Todd}

Todd chuckled quietly as he considered the Doctor's question. He was in half a mind to ignore her but sensed that she was merely seeking information about this new environment in which she had been placed. "No, we have no need for such cloying relationships. Our strength comes from the bonds we have with our hive brothers..." He stopped abruptly, struck by the realisation of how much he was actually missing that bond here.
                    Last edited by Trillian52; 27 August 2010, 03:25 PM.

Comment

((OOC my last post for today, then I must attend my footballers))

"Well, Todd, that is a family of a kind in the human sense. A bond is important I think no matter who we are. I've enjoyed these talks with you. There is more..." She lowered her voice. "...to you than what most humans would acknowledge." Anne leaned her arm upon the side of the jumper and waited for Colonel Sheppard's mission brief. As soon as Richard Woolsey was finished with him that was. But she didn't take her eye off Todd either. he was an enigma to her.

Comment

<Atlantis> <GateRoom>

Mckay-Sheppard

Mckay spoke with a flourish of hands "And i suppose you can come up with a better name than X jumper, you see its because it has....." and his voice and smiled trailed off as Sheppard gave him a look and walked off.
                        sigpic

Comment

<Atlantis base - Gateroom>

{Ronon} -- {Teyla}

It left Ronon shocked, what MacGregor dared to say. Common ground? Common ground?!? Was she delusional. There would never in his life be anything in common with him and the Wraith. He guessed she had never really seen them in action, had never experienced being sucked the very life out of you. Not even with all her medical knowledge. It was one thing to know how it worked, it was quite another to experience it.
                          Ronon just stood there, thinking about the words the doctor had said, and their implications. She had no idea, hadn't she? To her, Todd was just some weird... alien.
                          And what about his years of Running? Not until Beckett had removed the tracking device out of Ronon's back, had he known freedom again... What would she think of THAT little bit of intel?

No, there would never be ANY kind of common ground. Ronon was one hundred percent certain of it.

There were some raised voices between Sheppard and Woolsey in the background, and he picked up some kind of conversation between MacGregor and Todd, but he ignored them, still fuming with anger. How dared she.

Ronon looked up, for some reason he now stood outside, on the balcony, just overlooking the ocean below. Maybe he should just stay here and be done with it, with them. But he knew he couldn't. If he was to be the only one of their little group who knew what the Wraith really were, what Todd really was, so be it.

He went back inside, and almost bumped into Teyla.

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah." And he left it at that, not wanting to share what had gone on in his mind (although Teyla would probably have some idea). Ronon went over to a spot from where he had Todd in his sight. It was easy enough to find that booming, sneering voice. Didn't they see?!

Teyla hovered around him, there but not there, and he appreciated it. She always seemed to know just what to do, and it calmed him.

Spoiler:
                          @Marilyn-sorry, just felt he would think that way, nothing personal meant or anything

Comment

{Dr. Jennifer Keller} - {McKay}

As Sheppard made off, avoiding whatever snark had been about to erupt from Rodney's lips, Jennifer caught the look of annoyance on his face. Shaking her head, tones quiet but annoyed herself now, she said,"Sometimes, Rodney, you should just try being reasonable. It isn't difficult, and people like you better for it."

Having voiced that, and earned an irritated look all of her own, Keller made after Anne, keen to talk about the mission and what their role was to be. The jumper was going to be cramped, and she had her kit to stow, plus if she didn't get there quickly it would be standing room only. There was no way she wanted the indignity of being left with the option of a lap.
                            sigpic

Comment

<Atlantis> - <Control room>

{Lt Colonel John Sheppard}

Standing face to face with the base commander John had a fairly good idea of what was to come. he squared himself for the onset as he glanced over the railing at his comrades below.

"Woolsey." He said simply and waited for the inevtible

((OOC I can't argue with myself here, it would look quite stupid to post))
                              My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                              sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

<Atlantis> - <Control room>

{Richard Woolsey} -{Lt Colonel John Sheppard}

The base commander's eyes were pieces of jet behind his glasses, and his mouth was set in a hard line. "What do you think you are doing, Colonel?"

((OOC Takes up the gauntlet))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X