Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Looking Actor/Actress in Sci-Fi/Fantasy Tournament....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Girl View Post
    Hey, Brat, thanks for asking about the interview.

I was interviewed by one member of the admissions committee for the optometry school at UMSL. To be accepted, two or more members had to vote me in, since two weren't present, the committee will vote on my acceptance on Wednesday (hence the location). My interviewer, Dr. Bennett, told me that he would recommend me for acceptance in the committee meeting on Wednesday, and that I'll be a nice addition to the entering 2007 class and there's no reason to believe I won't be accepted.

Basically, Wednesday is just a formality, but before I tell the world (all of GW ) that I've been accepted, I want it to be official.
    Very cool! Uh, UMSL?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Thanks!

University of Missouri - St. Louis College of Optometry.

Oh, and I forgot one of the best parts. I also found out that my merit scholarship (nearly every student earns one) is the highest possible for a resident student (1/4 of tuition)!!! It seems the "350" which was in my sig awhile back, my OAT (Optometry Admissions Test) score, was really, really good!!! Since that scholarship is based on GPA and OAT scores.
      46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
      sigpic
      Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
        Very cool! Uh, UMSL?
        University of Missouri - St. Louis
        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

David Boreanaz
          Gerard Butler
          Eric Close
          Sean Connery
          David Duchovny
          Matthew Fox
          Josh Holloway
          Hugh Jackman
          Matthew McConaughey
          Julian McMahon Christian Bale
          Jason Behr Robert Duncan McNeil Viggo Mortenson Corin Nemec Adrian Paul Dennis Quaid Aidan Quinn Rodney Rowland Antonio Sabato Jr. John Schneider Will Smith Karl Urban Robert Urich Richard Dean Anderson

Madeleine

Comment

Amy Acker
            Jessica Alba
            Monica Bellucci
            Halle Berry
            Sandra Bullock
            Jennifer Garner
            Sarah Michelle Gellar
            Teri Hatcher
            Carrie-Ann Moss
            Ashley Scott Charisma Carpenter Evangeline Lily Josie Maran Andrea Parker Rebecca Romijn Charlize Theron Lindsay Wagner Kate Winslet Nicole DeBoer

Madeleine

Comment

Hey, Brat, thanks for asking about the interview.

I was interviewed by one member of the admissions committee for the optometry school at UMSL. To be accepted, two or more members had to vote me in, since two weren't present, the committee will vote on my acceptance on Wednesday (hence the location). My interviewer, Dr. Bennett, told me that he would recommend me for acceptance in the committee meeting on Wednesday, and that I'll be a nice addition to the entering 2007 class and there's no reason to believe I won't be accepted.

Basically, Wednesday is just a formality, but before I tell the world (all of GW ) that I've been accepted, I want it to be official.
              WOW!
              That's so awesome!!!

Adrianne
              If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
              It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Thanks!

University of Missouri - St. Louis College of Optometry.

Oh, and I forgot one of the best parts. I also found out that my merit scholarship (nearly every student earns one) is the highest possible for a resident student (1/4 of tuition)!!! It seems the "350" which was in my sig awhile back, my OAT (Optometry Admissions Test) score, was really, really good!!! Since that scholarship is based on GPA and OAT scores.
                ::Giddy & Excited for you:: WOW! Seriously, that is so cool

I have to start looking into financial aid and such. I've finally decided on my major and now I gotta find a way to pay to go back to school My advisor informs me that I should start looking into financial aid now ... which really surprised me.

I've decided to go into education.

Adrianne
                If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                  WOW!
                  That's so awesome!!!

Adrianne
                  ::Giddy & Excited for you:: WOW! Seriously, that is so cool

I have to start looking into financial aid and such. I've finally decided on my major and now I gotta find a way to pay to go back to school My advisor informs me that I should start looking into financial aid now ... which really surprised me.

I've decided to go into education.

Adrianne

Thanks, Adrianne!!

Good luck on the financial aid thing - I will be praying about it for you!
                  sigpic

Comment

Update:

It's official, guys, I was accepted to the UMSL College of Optometry!!!!

(This is mainly for people who can't see my siggy.)
                    sigpic

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

What's that mean? When do you start?

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

What's that mean? When do you start?

Adrianne
                        Next fall (2007). I have one more semester of undergrad left. I should graduate in May with my Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry/Biochemistry, and I'll start Optometry school in August.
                        sigpic

Comment

Update:

It's official, guys, I was accepted to the UMSL College of Optometry!!!!

(This is mainly for people who can't see my siggy.)

Congratulations!!!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Next fall (2007). I have one more semester of undergrad left. I should graduate in May with my Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry/Biochemistry, and I'll start Optometry school in August.
                            OMG YOU HAD TO APPLY FOR AUGUST NOW?!

Wow I should really get on the ball so I can start taking classes for my major this spring

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

OMG YOU HAD TO APPLY FOR AUGUST NOW?!

Wow I should really get on the ball so I can start taking classes for my major this spring

Adrianne
                              No, you shouldn't be too worried that. This school is highly competitive. Out of nearly 400 applicants, only 44 are accepted. There are only 15 optometry schools in the states, and 2 in Canada, so they're are all highly competitive.
                              Last edited by Gate Girl; 20 December 2006, 01:33 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Awesome GG - well done.
                                I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Working...
                                X