Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what the Daedalus looks like ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what the Daedalus looks like ?

Anyone know what the new ship looks like?
    and since Atlantis is capable of interstellar flight, why can't the engines power up the ZPM, or did the Scientist that help Dr. Weir leave a copy of his notes on how to recharge a ZPM? just wondering

As far as we know, ZPMs cannot be charged.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by monte_9501
      Anyone know what the new ship looks like?
      and since Atlantis is capable of interstellar flight, why can't the engines power up the ZPM, or did the Scientist that help Dr. Weir leave a copy of his notes on how to recharge a ZPM? just wondering
      the Daedalus should just look the same as the Prometheus, it is the same design, a BC-303, the actual capabilities may be different but as far as how it looks it should look the same

Comment

The Daedalus better have better security systems than the Prometheus, otherwise someones going to get on it and steer it towards the sun
        Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
          The Daedalus better have better security systems than the Prometheus, otherwise someones going to get on it and steer it towards the sun
          LOL i agree with that.

No you can not recharge a ZPM.
          SPOILERS BEFORE I SLEEP
          Spoiler:
          Though she did leave gate adresses where there are 5 ZPMs.

Comment

you probably need a bunch of ZPMs to use Atlantis' engines, so reversing the power flow wouldn't work even if ZPMs could be charged...

And even so the atlantis team still haven't found a ZPM to play with by the season finale.

Comment

This website has excellent models of the Daedalus. Just click on the "models" button for the thumbnails.

http://www.stargate3d.fsnet.co.uk/
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                This website has excellent models of the Daedalus. Just click on the "models" button for the thumbnails.

http://www.stargate3d.fsnet.co.uk/
                His models are great! He should be making models for games, or better yet... for SGA!

Comment

Here is a pic of the Daedalus from season 2:

Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                  Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

I think that the Daedalus is a good ship, depending that it is only the second type of battleship earth has built. I tough it would be betta looking than what it is, but i dont mind it. At first when they said that the Daedalus would be sent to Alantis i first thought it would be another ship similar looking to the Prometheus, but the different looks helps distinguish the different ships.

Proud Supporter of:
                    - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                    - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Originally posted by Futura
                      I think that the Daedalus is a good ship, depending that it is only the second type of battleship earth has built. I tough it would be betta looking than what it is, but i dont mind it. At first when they said that the Daedalus would be sent to Alantis i first thought it would be another ship similar looking to the Prometheus, but the different looks helps distinguish the different ships.
                      It is a good ship, I know that is has rail guns and Naquadah enhanced nuclear warheads, a compliment of about 16 F-302s, Asgard intergalactic hyperdrive and Asgard shields. That's some of what the Daedalus has.

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
                        It is a good ship, I know that is has rail guns and Naquadah enhanced nuclear warheads, a compliment of about 16 F-302s, Asgard intergalactic hyperdrive and Asgard shields. That's some of what the Daedalus has.
                        I dont doubt that it has all this stuff, but by lookin about the picture i think it looks butt ugly, compaired with the Prometheus.
                        I perfer the Promethus to the Daedalus but the technology maybe much better than the Prometheus which would make the Daedalus much more advanced which is cool

Proud Supporter of:
                        - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                        - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Originally posted by Futura
                          I dont doubt that it has all this stuff, but by lookin about the picture i think it looks butt ugly, compaired with the Prometheus.
                          I perfer the Promethus to the Daedalus but the technology maybe much better than the Prometheus which would make the Daedalus much more advanced which is cool
                          I think that the Prometheus is designed for exploration and the Daedalus is basically a battleship.

Which brings up a good question will they installed an intergalactic hyperdrive on the Prometheus?

Comment

In short,
                            Spoiler:
                            Yes. You see it being used in Prometheus Unbound
                            God that was such a plot builder...good too!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Is the Daedalus actually battleship class? It has offensive weapons systems but I seem to recall Caldwell making a comment about it having limited capabilities. I was under the impression it was less of an offensive battleship and more of a defensive tool.

Comment

Working...
                              X