Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hulk (ABC - TV Reboot) - News/Discussion/Speculation

'Hulk' returns to ABC

Marvel Studios and ABC have teamed up to produce a new Hulk television show. The project is in the early stages of development, reports The Hollywood Reporter. Previously, a popular Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno-starring Hulk ran between 1978 and 1982.

The Jeph Loeb-headed division Marvel Television is also reportedly working on a Cloak and Dagger show. A list of other potential television adaptations includes Heroes for Hire, The Eternals and Moon Knight.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...ns-to-abc.html

Damon Lindelof Favourite To Helm Marvel's Hulk TV Show?

By now, you'll have all heard the rumours that Marvel are keen on developing a TV series featuring the Green Goliath. Well, in a recent article over at E! Online, the site have dropped a fair few interesting bits of info and you can check out some of the most intriguing below!

" Insiders caution to EW that any speculation about the return of the big green man is premature, though interest from ABC is apparently there."

"But for right now, there is no script and certainly no modern-day Bill Bixby to assume the high-profile role (even though some talent agencies believe Marvel already has its Hulk)."

"EW has been told that Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb is on the lookout for a genre scribe who can reboot the franchise for today’s TV audiences."

"Rumor has it that Damon Lindelof (Lost) is among the writers on his wish list, though the Hollywood Reporter said Battlestar Galactica producer David Eick was also looking to pitch a take."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=24616

Oh god. I really did enjoy the Bixby series as a kid and having Lou appear in the Hulk movies (especially as Hulk's speaking voice in second) was a great, but if they can't get a Hulk movie right, then how can they seriously expect a series to work?

Hulk should be ignored and perhaps tried again in 5 years.

sigpic

Comment

I liked the Edward Norton Hulk film quite a bit actually, but I just can't see this working out. It isn't that there's anything wrong with the source material, it just seems that there's no viable market for Incredible Hulk stuff these days.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I liked both movies, for different reasons, but the studios involved just seem to think that if they keep pushing and pushing, they'll make a billion dollar movie. Some franchises are more popular than others, yet it baffles me they can forget about Daredevil, they can forget about Elektra, but they want to make a sequel to Ghost Rider and want to reboot Fantastic Four.

Makes me wonder if the other unsuccessful movies will end up on TV, like Daredevil (who did appear in a Bixby Hulk movie) and Elektra.

sigpic

Comment

On ABC, this show will definitely not succeed. On a cable channel, maybe.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            On ABC, this show will definitely not succeed. On a cable channel, maybe.
            Indeed that does seem likely. Unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              Indeed that does seem likely. Unfortunately.
              Very likely IMO. When will networks like ABC stop tempting us with shows like this, that they know most likely won't bring in the size audience required to succeed?
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Guillermo del Toro is going to be involved, so that for me is a plus.

http://airlockalpha.com/node/8045/de...vive-hulk.html

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I liked both movies, for different reasons, but the studios involved just seem to think that if they keep pushing and pushing, they'll make a billion dollar movie. Some franchises are more popular than others, yet it baffles me they can forget about Daredevil, they can forget about Elektra, but they want to make a sequel to Ghost Rider and want to reboot Fantastic Four.

Makes me wonder if the other unsuccessful movies will end up on TV, like Daredevil (who did appear in a Bixby Hulk movie) and Elektra.
                  I think Daredevil has the protential for a much better TV series than the Hulk through. Simply because it would require a lot less CGI an a lot less difficult CGI than the hulk would.
                  Plus I just do not see what kind of new stories they could tell with the Hulk. Daredevil just seem to have more depth.

Comment

I don't think that we will see any live action Marvel Super-Hero TV shows in the near future.
                    sigpic
                    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X