Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other Atlantis Teams? Team desingnations?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Atlantis Teams? Team desingnations?

It's strange why doesn't only Sheppard team seem to do a lot of exploring? I only remebr hearing about on other team in the entire series so far?

And why don't they have a designation? It's always "Major, take your team and.." Not: "major take AET-1 ..."

Just seems silly they don't have proper designations.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

I'm pretty sure there are at least three teams, Sgt. Stackhouse has a team (from Suspicion) and Sgt. Bates has a team (from Underground). I think I read somewhere that the teams were/are going to be named Atlantis Recon #, like AR-1, AR-2, AR-3, etc.

I don't remember where I heard about the team designations.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I read about that AR-1, AR-2 stuff as well. I think it was in an interview with Peter DeLuise, but I'm not sure.
      Rocky

Comment

Knowing Sheppard, he wont let his team be AR-1. More like the Flying Catfish or something more along that line.

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
        DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

It would be SAR -1.
          Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Without other Atlantis fans jumping in on me, yes, and just where is, by the way, the team? Can't they be SGA1? SGAX? How about SA1.

Sheppard, you and SA1 will rendevous at the volcanic planet of Anu 8-21 and retrive the ancient crystllized fossil of --- you see where I'm going?
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
              I read about that AR-1, AR-2 stuff as well. I think it was in an interview with Peter DeLuise, but I'm not sure.
              I think you're right, Rocky, as usual.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                Without other Atlantis fans jumping in on me, yes, and just where is, by the way, the team? Can't they be SGA1? SGAX? How about SA1.

Sheppard, you and SA1 will rendevous at the volcanic planet of Anu 8-21 and retrive the ancient crystllized fossil of --- you see where I'm going?

I think your right. It would be SGA1 and so on.

Stargate Atlantis 1

Comment

Perhaps Sheppard's team is the main off-world exploration team, whereas other teams focus mainly on exploring Atlantis itself. Also, because of the limited number of personnel there won't be as many teams as on SG-1 and its likely their composition will be more flexible in order to distribute expertise and man power in the most effective way as in e.g. Hot Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1
                    I think your right. It would be SGA1 and so on.

Stargate Atlantis 1
                    According to PDL it would be Atlantis Recon X. Sheppard's team would be AR-1.
                    Liaison of F.O.R.D.
                    Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
                      Most probably right. But that is what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
                        AR-1?? Oh, go on, just shoot me with more cheesy stuff, why don't ya??

I don't get it. I thought this was supposed to be a spinoff. Not a-who-can come-up-with-a-cooler-team-nickname-contest.
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                          I don't get it. I thought this was supposed to be a spinoff. Not a-who-can come-up-with-a-cooler-team-nickname-contest.
                          It is a spin-off. This thread is about team designations so that's what we're talking about.
                          Liaison of F.O.R.D.
                          Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                            It's strange why doesn't only Sheppard team seem to do a lot of exploring? I only remebr hearing about on other team in the entire series so far?"
                            I think I read somewhere -- oh yeah, here it is! According to Joseph Mallozzi there will be, I quote, 'a new dynamic on the Atlantis base -- as well as Sheppard's team' in Season two. So they will be bringing in more explorer teams later.

Warning may contain spoilers:
                            http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/index.shtml

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Can't wait for season two.

Comment

Working...
                              X