The music in Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The music in Life

I am new to stargate with universe, I started watching stargate when Uni came out, and i've gone through the first 8 seasons of sg1 and 2 of atlantis...

This music is terrible, even for a "newb" to the show. Please... people, I really hope you don't think the new people to the show enjoy the musical scores and that's why SG TPTB are doing it.. because we don't.

I've liked Universe as much as I liked the previous shows, but that song in the beginning and end of this episode was incredibly out of place.

Comment

Really? Did you listen to the words?

Comment

The music fits nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
          Really? Did you listen to the words?
          Oh, the words fit nicely. It was the music of the song that didn't.

Comment

it was odd but in a strange way it fit in perfectly. i mean its pretty strange to be on a space ship doing yoga with no way to get home which is billions of lightyears away.
            time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
            sigpic

Comment

I liked the music in this episode.
              I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Yeah, this music was GREAT. The lyrics fit perfectly, and the music itself was cool.

Worst Day Since Yesterday, by Flogging Molly if anyone wants to know.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I'm glad AVFan and I can agree this time around. The music was indeed great.
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Yeah, the music was awesome!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

That twangy song gave me a headache, but this episode was so awful maybe I was just hoping it would end soon.

Comment

The words are fine, but the music itself for the episode... ugh... well.. than again, this was the worst episode of the series thus far (I turned it off midway, I'll watch it all later on rewind.)

Comment

Worked well for me. Was certainly better than the franchises other attempts at introducing vocal music into the show.

Comment

The song mentioned by AVFan was well-placed and is also a good song by a good band (ok, that's subjective, but in my mind it never hurts!)

Some of the other music in the ep was lacking though. I thought I heard 3 different songs at 4 different times. I could be going crazy though...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                              I'm glad AVFan and I can agree this time around. The music was indeed great.
                              And I have to disagree with you

My biggest problem with this music (as well as what was at the end of Air 3) was that, lyrically, it was so bloody obvious and shoved in your face because of that. For a show that's so....I don't know, more 'adult' (for lack of a better word) than its comparatively simplistic predecessors, shoving things like this in just feels wrong somehow. For me, the series kind of demands a more subtle choice of musical accompaniment than it's been getting thus far.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X