I agree with Yu :P Eli/Chloe.

aretood2
October 17th, 2009, 08:12 AM
I agree with Yu :P Eli/Chloe.

Nah, they just friends.

Eli/Scott!

ykickamoocow
October 17th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Eli has already seen Chloe's breasts so he is winning at the moment :)

YutheGreat
October 17th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Nah, they just friends.

Eli/Scott!

I think Scott's has a history with TJ. I had this weird feeling that Greer was like a third wheel at the shuttle.

Jeff-B
October 17th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I would also go with Eli/Chloe. Because

Chloe would be the best one to help him deal with the situation he was pulled into, when they lured him into a room full of people demanding to know what's going on. Being immersed in politics, she would be the best one to help him try to keep the majority of people happy. Besides, it looked like some of those people were ready to beat him up.

First time using spoiler tags, hope it works.

aretood2
October 17th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I think Scott's has a history with TJ. I had this weird feeling that Greer was like a third wheel at the shuttle.
the history could be as deep as they say beauty is.

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 08:53 AM
the history could be as deep as they say beauty is.

Scott? A history with T.J. What makes you think that?
I thought Young had a history with T.J. and that Scott has something going on with Vanessa James.

As long as they don't make it in to a love triangle as in SGA, I'll be happy. :)
I do think it's more likely Chloe/Eli will be friendship while Chloe/Matt will be something more.

BTW, about 1.05 Light;
The promo for that, next-week ep, certainly shows us that something will happen between Scott/Matthew and Chloe.

jelgate
October 17th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Scott/James
Eli/Kino
jelgate/Chloe

:P

In seriousness it will all depend how the friendships are developed in who I will support

Madwelshboy
October 17th, 2009, 09:00 AM
As long as they don't make it in to a love triangle as in SGA, I'll be happy. :)

You just know, with all the sex in this show, that their gonna skip past and go for a threesome ;) *sarcasm*

FoolishPleasure
October 17th, 2009, 09:19 AM
The writers still haven't learned their lessons from the failure of the "Triangle of Doom" that was McKay/Keller/Ronon on SGA (which is when I left that show).

If there HAS to be a "ship", I'd rather the geek kid get the girl. Scott just gives me the creeps, like he'll hit every girl in town and then pray for forgiveness. Yuck. Besides, Boob Chick from Hell already has Scott, yes? ;)

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 09:20 AM
You just know, with all the sex in this show, that their gonna skip past and go for a threesome ;) *sarcasm*

I could have a witty reply to this, but seeing as this is a PG-rated board, I'll redeem myself from replying. :D BTW you do know that people have sex on occasion? :p :p ;) Because for heaven's sake, what's with all these comments about the too much sex in SGU. Apparently some can only sex everywhere. :D :eek:

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 09:23 AM
The writers still haven't learned their lessons from the failure of the "Triangle of Doom" that was McKay/Keller/Ronon on SGA (which is when I left that show).

If there HAS to be a "ship", I'd rather the geek kid get the girl. Scott just gives me the creeps, like he'll hit every girl in town and then pray for forgiveness. Yuck. Besides, Boob Chick from Hell already has Scott, yes? ;)

And how can you know that? For crying out loud, we have only seen four episodes up to now. I understand if you don't want something to happen. As I too don't want to see a new love triangle, but nothing has happened yet.

Sorry, but it seems like you're talking about things that have already happened in SGU, which I think haven't. Just hope for the best, and stay positive is a more enjoyable way to see things IMHO.

Madwelshboy
October 17th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I could have a witty reply to this, but seeing as this is a PG-rated board, I'll redeem myself from replying. :D BTW you do know that people have sex on occasion? :p :p ;) Because for heaven's sake, what's with all these comments about the too much sex in SGU. Apparently some can only sex everywhere. :D :eek:

You did see the *sarcasm* didnt you?

EvilSpaceAlien
October 17th, 2009, 09:30 AM
This is a hard one.....

Before Darkness I would have said Scott/Chloe, but after seing how cute Eli and Chloe are together I'm starting to like them more. Now I'm just not sure anymore.

I'm terribly conflicted!

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 09:31 AM
You did see the *sarcasm* didnt you?

Oh yeah, but it wasn't talking about you making those comments. I was just relieving myself of the annoyance that had build up due to reading all those other comments, but none of them were yours. :)

That was what the ;-) ;-) :D and :p :p were for.

So, it was more as to ask the general question of why there were some many of those comments, again none of which were yours.

Bebbe777
October 17th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Eli & Chloe. They are a fun and interesting pair.

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 09:33 AM
This is a hard one.....

Before Darkness I would have said Scott/Chloe, but after seing how cute Eli and Chloe are together I'm starting to like them more. Now I'm just not sure anymore.

I'm terribly conflicted!

Well welcome to the multishippers' universe. :) No? I know a lot of people are multishippers, although I'm not. No offense. :)

syfygal47
October 17th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Isn't Scott involved with Lt James already? So unless he is two timing, I think Eli and Chloe belong together.

SSJPabs
October 17th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Pushing for Eli and Chloe with a Kino.

For the record I was solid McKeller--I actually thought that one was somewhat believable as to my own experiences.

AtlantisForever
October 17th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Eli and Chloe would make a really good couple

Rac80
October 17th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I saw the quadrangle of doom (eli-chloe-james-scott) coming waaaaay off. :P

DJFavorite
October 17th, 2009, 01:35 PM
My thoughts.... Eli and Chloe will become a brother/sister type pairing. Scott and Chloe will have a thing going. James might play into that pairing a bit, but I have a feeling they were involved only for the sex and nothing more. Though, Scott's religious background will also play a part.

Eli will be there for Chloe for all the ups and downs that Scott will put her through. Eli and Scott will become good friends and Eli will keep telling him how he's screwing up with Chloe.

Lost
October 17th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Scott will bang every chick on the ship before it's over. No woman can resist that super sinning religious bad boy.

Duke Flipside
October 17th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Eli and Chloe! :D

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Isn't Scott involved with Lt James already? So unless he is two timing, I think Eli and Chloe belong together.

There was a scene between James and Scott in Air pt.1. By know I had expected everyone would know about that since it has been such a issue here on the forum.

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 02:28 PM
My thoughts.... Eli and Chloe will become a brother/sister type pairing. Scott and Chloe will have a thing going. James might play into that pairing a bit, but I have a feeling they were involved only for the sex and nothing more. Though, Scott's religious background will also play a part.

Eli will be there for Chloe for all the ups and downs that Scott will put her through. Eli and Scott will become good friends and Eli will keep telling him how he's screwing up with Chloe.

That's seems logical. The obvious way to go. I wouldn't mind it, but I'm hoping it will be just a (little) bit more complex.
Also I think in 1.05
Chloe will manipulate Matt by having sex with him to get her on board of the shuttle. That should make it interesting.

I sure do hope they stay far away from triangle or quadrangles.
Seeing as with the previous triangle on SG.

AnonyMoose
October 17th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Here is the latest link to 45 spoiler images from the next episode "Light":

Lots of them show Matthew Scott and Chloe Armstrong spending some "quality" time together. I wonder how Vanessa James and Eli Wallace are going to handle it...

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1676/index.html

Orion Antreas
October 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Personally, I see Eli/Chloe as more of a brother/sister relationship. Although Eli is all giggly inside and would want more of that, I see them having a brother/sister relationship.

As for Scott and Chloe, that's another story. :P

Infinite-Possibilities
October 17th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I was afraid this would happen. :(

Major Tyler
October 17th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I honestly thought the Eli/Chloe scenes were a little pathetic. I don't like the whole "overweight kid desperately chases the pretty girl" and the "pretty girl manipulates the overweight kid to make him do whatever she says" thing that was going on.

I also think that Chloe/Scott is creepy as ****. Scott is just beaver hunting and Chloe is the emotionally vulnerable furry critter.

I'm more of a fan of Chloe/Wray, just to be different. :) Scott can stay with James, and as far as Eli, well...Rush did say that Eli was the only one that would be "useful" to him. :P

Meshakhad
October 17th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Eli/Chloe. Cutest pairing since Willow/Oz.

The other reason is that I prefer relationships based on two people caring about each other and looking after each other. And it has to work both ways. Scott obviously cares about Chloe, but Rush cares about Chloe. She's the last person who should be there, and she just lost her father. But there isn't any way for her to look after Scott, no way for her to reciprocate. If she were to fall in love with Scott, it would be a sexual attraction thing.

With Eli, things are different. Eli has some ability to look after Chloe - he's handling things pretty well, and he's learning a lot about Destiny. But he's also the one person whom Chloe can look after - he's socially awkward, and Chloe is good at this sort of thing. Also, they've already gone on a date (watching the gas giant as they pass through it together).

Coronach
October 17th, 2009, 04:05 PM

The other reason is that I prefer relationships based on two people caring about each other and looking after each other. And it has to work both ways. Scott obviously cares about Chloe, but Rush cares about Chloe. She's the last person who should be there, and she just lost her father. But there isn't any way for her to look after Scott, no way for her to reciprocate. If she were to fall in love with Scott, it would be a sexual attraction thing.

With Eli, things are different. Eli has some ability to look after Chloe - he's handling things pretty well, and he's learning a lot about Destiny. But he's also the one person whom Chloe can look after - he's socially awkward, and Chloe is good at this sort of thing. Also, they've already gone on a date (watching the gas giant as they pass through it together).

I'm not really supporting Chloe/Scott or Chloe/Eli (yet)...but I'm really lost as to your explanations of each. For example, I don't really get how Chloe can't reciprocate things for Scott in the way he did for her.

I'm confused :S

Shpinxinator
October 17th, 2009, 05:06 PM
hehe who called james the boob chick from hell? That was a funny...

For the record...I'm not a huge fan of Eli but...I am for Eli/Chloe

Whirlwind421
October 17th, 2009, 05:40 PM
It totally ship Eli/Chloe. Well, at the moment. But, I think they are so sweet. And they have gone on a date!! (Well, sort of.) I liked when Chloe was calling him.

Major Tyler
October 17th, 2009, 05:42 PM
hehe who called james the boob chick from hell? That was a funny...Why is it that James is called "boob chick from hell," but Scott isn't called "dick dude from hell?"

Why is James the "bad" one, but Scott is the perfect gentleman?

Coronach
October 17th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Why is it that James is called "boob chick from hell," but Scott isn't called "dick dude from hell?"

Why is James the "bad" one, but Scott is the perfect gentleman?

To be fair, Scott has received a lot of flack (actually, more so than James) for what we saw of him in "Air".

In either case, I think they're both cool characters. The fact that they both have sex (and it happened to be with each other) doesn't bother me in the slightest. :)

Shpinxinator
October 17th, 2009, 05:50 PM
It's a joke MT....ment to point out the fact that she has large breasts nothing more...no one is saying she's bad or good ok?

MattSilver 3k
October 17th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Eli/Chloe have more of a friendship developing - to me anyway - while Matt/Chloe is probably a relationship relationship.
Pair the spares and put Lt. James with Eli! :P

Eternal Density
October 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Eli/Vanessa, which ends in her beating up Eli, then Scott finding out and beating up Eli, then Chloe finding out and starting to beat up Eli bur forgiving him halfway through.
Um... no?

[edit]The technical term for Vanessa's condition is 'buxom'.

MattSilver 3k
October 17th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Eli/Vanessa, which ends in her beating up Eli, then Scott finding out and beating up Eli, then Chloe finding out and starting to beat up Eli bur forgiving him halfway through.
Um... no?

Sounds pretty funny to me!

Infinite-Possibilities
October 17th, 2009, 06:26 PM
You know what? I hope none of them get together. I bet no-one will be expecting that.

Icarus
October 17th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Chloe, TJ and that soldier chick in a threesome. That would be perfection.

Echo 418
October 17th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Personally, I'm totally for Eli/Chloe. It fits so much.

I mean, really, Scott/Chloe would be more like a s** symbol than anything else. And anyway, Why wouldn't Eli and Chloe fit together, I mean, Eli may not have a normal weight but that's not what's really important in a couple...

The scene wen Chloe was calling Eli because she was afraid was just so cute :o

Eli/Chloe FTW!

YutheGreat
October 17th, 2009, 08:07 PM
MattSilver I agree we know nothing its just one problem after another. if this continues it will get boring.

I wonder. Me thinks a dark fate awaits Vanessa James in the deep unknown. She is present but nothing that I can see. I don't even think Scott is continuing their relationship

Replicator Todd
October 17th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I think Scott should be jettisoned into space.....

Franklyn Blaze
October 17th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Eli and Chloe. Eli isn't so serious and he knows how to talk her out of being sad and lonely and useless.

Replicator Todd
October 17th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Eli and Chloe. Eli isn't so serious and he knows how to talk her out of being sad and lonely and useless.
Indeed! I dont like Scott at all......he isnt exactly the nicest to the ladies it seems.

Coronach
October 17th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Indeed! I dont like Scott at all......he isnt exactly the nicest to the ladies it seems.

In what universe? I'd hope you'll recall how torn up he was with what he had done when he was younger. It wasn't his choice that that girl was "not going to keep it".

Not to mention, consensual sex is a two-way street. Lt. James certainly wasn't being raped in that scene, so I don't get this strange notion that she is somehow being wronged by Lt. Scott :S

[EDIT] Furthermore, he was there for Chloe at a moment when she had absolutely no one else on the ship and had just lost the only person she did have on the ship (her father). Say what you will about a Scott/Chloe relationship, but that's irrelevant to the fact that what he did was a kind thing to do.

Had Eli done it, I'd betting people's tunes would change quite drastically.

Icarus Base
October 17th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Eli and Chloe :)
Once i am able to have a signature, that's all you will be seeing in my signature, them two.
As of "Darkness", we havn't see much Eli & Scott, except for the last scene in Air 3, which was their 'BIG' scene. However, Eli and Chloe have been in many scenes together consistently throughout the 4 episodes.

I would like to see more of Scott though.

janus4ever
October 18th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Lt James rocks!!!!!

Jper
October 18th, 2009, 02:21 AM
I'm not really supporting Chloe/Scott or Chloe/Eli (yet)...but I'm really lost as to your explanations of each. For example, I don't really get how Chloe can't reciprocate things for Scott in the way he did for her.

I'm confused :S

So am I. And I do not understand what Rush has to with any of it.

Eli and Chloe :)
Once i am able to have a signature, that's all you will be seeing in my signature, them two.
As of "Darkness", we havn't see much Eli & Scott, except for the last scene in Air 3, which was their 'BIG' scene. However, Eli and Chloe have been in many scenes together consistently throughout the 4 episodes.

I would like to see more of Scott though.

You do know that spoilers are only allowed in a signature behind a spoiler tag?
For the lack of Scott/Chloe interaction, I'm sure that's still to come. :D
Just have a look at the spoilers for the next episode, Light. :D

Well, the problem with that is, that it creates a better likelihood for them to being friends than lovers. At least if you're talking about the fact that Chloe and Eli would fit good together as lovers. Not that I'm immensely opposed to that, from what he have seen until now, it doesn't really make sense to go that way just because Eli is possible a good friend for her.
And I know, from what we've seen of Scott/Chloe so far, it also doesn't make much sense yet to have them being lovers. I for one, as most probably, am speculating on the interesting events, or possibly interesting events, of the next episode. And this, in the light of that we can see an angle that points more towards Chloe/Scott attraction than Chloe/Eli.

P.S. Not to say that two lovers shouldn't be friends. I think they should, I believe in that. I'm just hoping Scott and Chloe will do it the other way around. And that should be interesting.

ETA:

I forgot to ask, but who are those?

meo3000
October 18th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Eli will never get the girl, at least not this season. He'll play the friend card to death, eventually someone else, read Scott, will make a move and Eli will cry like a little girl. Then gossip of him still being a virgin will make its way to James attention. She'll exact revenge on Scott by giving Eli the greatest 2 minutes of his life.

THEN Eli and Chloe will get together, but their love will be brief, Chloe dying of suffocation cause Eli fell asleep on top of her. The end.

YutheGreat
October 18th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Eli will never get the girl, at least not this season. He'll play the friend card to death, eventually someone else, read Scott, will make a move and Eli will cry like a little girl. Then gossip of him still being a virgin will make its way to James attention. She'll exact revenge on Scott by giving Eli the greatest 2 minutes of his life.

THEN Eli and Chloe will get together, but their love will be brief, Chloe dying of suffocation cause Eli fell asleep on top of her. The end.

Thats just mean!

danny.d
October 18th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Chloe, TJ and that soldier chick in a threesome. That would be perfection.
:jack_new_anime07::indeed:

EvilSpaceAlien
October 18th, 2009, 06:18 AM

That's too evil for me. And look at my name!! :eek:

I've made my decision. Proud Eli/Chloe shippper over here *waves* :D

danny.d
October 18th, 2009, 06:35 AM

2 minutes???:(:confused:

wargrafix
October 18th, 2009, 06:40 AM
odds are it will bw TJ/scott, eli/chloe. Or it could get mixed in.

Seriously, these relationships help SGu because the characters have more dimension. Anytime stargate has tried relationships or anything resembling it, it either failed storywise or in SGA case, just seemed ripped off from Star Trek.

Major Tyler
October 18th, 2009, 07:01 AM
THEN Eli and Chloe will get together, but their love will be brief, Chloe dying of suffocation cause Eli fell asleep on top of her. The end.Oh yes, a fat joke. I'm really impressed. :rolleyes:

Any chance that I might ever have respected your posts is now gone.

Jper
October 18th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Oh yes, a fat joke. I'm really impressed. :rolleyes:

I agree.
Wish I could give you some green. Wish I could.
Instead I'll just help you with eye's rolling. That must be my most favorite smiley around here today.

So,
:rolleyes:

EvilSpaceAlien
October 18th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Oh yes, a fat joke. I'm really impressed. :rolleyes:

:indeed: A person that makes jokes about how large or small another human being is loses all my respect.

Major Tyler
October 18th, 2009, 07:21 AM
:indeed: A person that makes jokes about how large or small another human being is looses all my respect.Exactly.

Not everyone is fat because they sit around and stuff themselves. I eat like a bird but it's still a struggle for me to maintain a decent weight. I used to be 115 Kilos/250 lbs. eating less than most of my friends, and it still took me almost 10 years to find the right balance of diet and exercise to naturally maintain a healthy weight (80 Kilos/175 lbs.). I never disparage someone for their weight unless I know about their eating habits, and even then I try to tell them what I know to help them rather than call them "fatass."

We have no idea what David Blue eats, or how his body chemistry is oriented. To keep this about Stargate, sure it looks like Eli was a "potato chips and soda" geek who sat in front of the computer all day, but if my mom had a medical condition I'd probably stop caring about my weight and try to escape into a fantasy world, too. Hell, it could have been diet soda and apple chips for all we know!

Phantom6
October 18th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Honestly I'd like it to be Eli and Chloe simply because they have the most in common but we all know they're writing it so that Scott and Chloe will at the very least hook up, Eli will get hurt and tension will be added.

It's too ****ing predictable!

We have no idea what David Blue eats, or how his body chemistry is oriented. To keep this about Stargate, sure it looks like Eli was a "potato chips and soda" geek who sat in front of the computer all day, but if my mom had a medical condition I'd probably stop caring about my weight and try to escape into a fantasy world, too. Hell, it could have been diet soda and apple chips for all we know!

I heard a rumor that David actually put on extra weight and is padded in costume. That way they can strip it away/he can work out a bit to show that rationing is in effect and he's not getting his daily intake of geek food.

Something they SHOULD have done on Lost. How the **** is that guy still pushing 300lbs?

Teresa35
October 18th, 2009, 08:52 AM
So which pair do you like a couple?
1. Eli and Chloe.
2. Scott and Chloe

Eli and Chloe are so cute together

I liked the Chloe and Eli moments in Darkness, I really can't see them as couple, I see them more as good friends, but it's only been what 4 episodes so who knows I may change my mind later, Scott and Chloe would be cute together.

I did love the moments between Chloe and Eli in this episode.

Jper
October 18th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I heard a rumor that David actually put on extra weight and is padded in costume. That way they can strip it away/he can work out a bit to show that rationing is in effect and he's not getting his daily intake of geek food.

Actually I find that believable believable because in the behind the scenes video he indeed looked "different", but I thought it was just me.

Meshakhad
October 18th, 2009, 01:00 PM
So am I. And I do not understand what Rush has to with any of it.

I forgot to ask, but who are those?

To explain:

There isn't really a way Chloe can help Scott, no area he's short in that she can fill. Eli, on the other hand, is lacking in the one area where Chloe is virtually an expert - social skills.

I mentioned Rush because while the Scott/Chloe scene in "Air, Part 3" might seem like an obvious "couple" scene, I see it as Scott trying to comfort Chloe because she's a human being in dire need of comfort. She motivated Rush, who rarely displays emotions outside of frustration, to try and comfort her.

Willow and Oz are characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. They had a very adorable relationship during Oz's tenure as a major character.

Finally, an addition - I think Scott would work better if he ended up with another soldier. Fraternization regs aside, they would probably be a lot more compatible. And we could have two relationships, allowing for some contrast. Eli/Chloe get the adorable stuff (and an endless supply of humor), Scott/James (or Scott/TJ) get the sex scenes and the drama.

dahok
October 18th, 2009, 01:02 PM
looses all my respect.

Blue is most definitely padded up, or has lost some weight since the premiere episodes. "If he loses any more weight, his clothes will become loose."

Hehe... I just cannot let that go.

The danger of Eli/Chloe would be the similarities with McKay/Keller and the brief love triangle with Ronon.

Coronach
October 18th, 2009, 01:14 PM
To explain:

There isn't really a way Chloe can help Scott, no area he's short in that she can fill. Eli, on the other hand, is lacking in the one area where Chloe is virtually an expert - social skills.

This is really strange. Are you saying that in order for two people to be compatible, that they must have a skill they can teach the other? :S

What can Scott do to help Chloe, by your logic? Teach her to shoot a gun? Please...I'm not trying to be mean, I'm really trying to understand what you mean here :(

Finally, an addition - I think Scott would work better if he ended up with another soldier. Fraternization regs aside, they would probably be a lot more compatible. And we could have two relationships, allowing for some contrast. Eli/Chloe get the adorable stuff (and an endless supply of humor), Scott/James (or Scott/TJ) get the sex scenes and the drama.

I dunno, I can't say I'm sold on any sort of relationship yet. But I could see it working out in any number of ways, as we still don't know much about the characters at this point.

EvilSpaceAlien
October 18th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Blue is most definitely padded up, or has lost some weight since the premiere episodes. "If he loses any more weight, his clothes will become loose."

Hehe... I just cannot let that go.

The danger of Eli/Chloe would be the similarities with McKay/Keller and the brief love triangle with Ronon.

Just a typo. It's been corrected now.

Jper
October 18th, 2009, 01:44 PM
To explain:

Well I respectfully disagree, not to shoot you down personally, but because IMHO:

1/ Chloe is not an expert on social skills. Certainly not. It will be
later on revealed that she has no real friends as they were only there because she had a lot of influence. She's no expert. This doesn't mean she doesn't have them, but she's also pretty insecure and all. She just makes easier and better contact with people. Also, it isn't like Eli has no social skills. Don't confuse his character of who he is with the consequences of his character. Eli is Eli and Eli is comfortable with Eli. I don't think this thing should carry too much weight.

2/ On the same point. I find it unbelievable and unrealistic to the extreme that you would say that Scott has no areas he's short in that Chloe could fill. Maybe it's a bit hard to see now, but I'm sure we will learn more about them, and this could be totally untrue. And I could even give you an example now what Chloe could do for Scott. As I think, believe, that Scott thinks that his bad family situation is all his fault. Also it's pretty much established that Scott is carrying this along with him and that he never had much of a family. I now seem to think that this is one of the things were Chloe could really support him in, help him with.

3/ Furthermore I think the logic of people needing to be the perfect match, as in fully completing each other from their first meeting on, as in having all the qualities their counterpart lacks and missing all the qualities the counterpart has, a bad logic. It seems to me that to some degree, much later on in a relationship, it is good for your counterpart to have some important qualities that you lack and vice versa. However, to judge this now, on the verge of friendship, would be foolish IMHO. A relationship is not a mathematical equation. It's dynamic and unpredictable. It can also bring out qualities, good or bad, you never knew you had and/or never showed before.

4/ Furthermore if what you're suggesting is in fact what is going to happen then I feel that TPTB are turning the characters in 1-D stereotypes of themselves, while I was just getting the feeling and hoping that SGU would be different in this kind of behavior and become more realistic and this move the other way, away from 1-D and stereotypes.

I mentioned Rush because while the Scott/Chloe scene in "Air, Part 3" might seem like an obvious "couple" scene, I see it as Scott trying to comfort Chloe because she's a human being in dire need of comfort. She motivated Rush, who rarely displays emotions outside of frustration, to try and comfort her.

Yes, Rush was motivated by this, but we don't know why yet. I'm betting that it has more to do with his past and the mysterious woman of his past and the similarity of events of the past with these ones than with Chloe being so special that Rush would only do it because this was her.

Also, what you say about Scott is true. However, anyone could have done it than according to you, so it seems to me, that the fact that in fact it is Scott should mean he's the one that most wants to be there for here. At least out of the people who were there. And he did follow her, chased after her because he cared. So certainly there's something. There's some sort of attraction (friends/lovers).

Well, I certainly don't want to see another Jack/Sam thing.
Also here you're talking about compatibility as in they are the same. While in the beginning of your post you're saying that just the fact that they are different makes them compatible. So you see that this is not as easy as it looks. That's why I feel if TPTB, the show goes with Eli/Chloe for that reason they will dig themselves in a hole that they'll be unable to get out of. That would be bad. I'm not that opposed to Eli/Chloe, but I'm against if that would be the reasoning behind it.

SpyDude
October 18th, 2009, 02:33 PM

This prediction is actually pretty accurate I think, except for that bolded part lol.

Also, let me explain that "the greatest 2 minutes of his life" comment. :p
See, I don't think Eli has had much luck with the ladies so far and when he's with someone as amazingly hot as James he might just...explode. Early. :D
I'm talking about Eli's head of course. :rolleyes: You know...his head might explode?
Okay, I've taken this thing too far. But seriously, how long would YOU last?

dahok
October 18th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Well, I certainly don't want to see another Jack/Sam thing..

It's completely different already. I do wonder if the regulations will become less and less enforced as the (possible) years go on being so far away. If not, and Scott still wants another closet session, then he's going to hide it (poorly).

meo3000
October 18th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Geez you people cant take a joke!

Its not like i said Blue would eat Elyse cause theres not enough food on the set! I was talking about the characters and made a joke to lighten the mood.

Lighten up people...

SpyDude
October 18th, 2009, 03:10 PM

Its not like i said Blue would eat Elyse cause theres not enough food on the set! I was talking about the characters and made a joke to lighten the mood.

Lighten up people...

I thought it was funny, but I just don't see it actually happening. :p

Major Tyler
October 18th, 2009, 03:12 PM

Lighten up people...So, would you tell us to "lighten up" if someone made a racist joke about Greer, or a sexist joke about T.J., or a homophobic joke about Wray?

Prejudice is prejudice, no matter how you dress it up.

SpyDude
October 18th, 2009, 03:15 PM
So, would you tell us to "lighten up" if someone made a racist joke about Greer, or a sexist joke about T.J., or a homophobic joke about Wray?

Prejudice is prejudice, no matter how you dress it up.

Now that's a bit extreme isn't it? Based on a single comment you're saying the poster is prejudiced against fat people?

Destiny09
October 18th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I'd probably say Eli & Chloe, though from the next episode preview it looks like Scott may have feelings for Chloe, even though he was involved with vanessa james at Icarus Base.

Major Tyler
October 18th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Now that's a bit extreme isn't it? Based on a single comment you're saying the poster is prejudiced against fat people?Well, he certainly isn't respectful of overweight people, that's for sure. The evidence so far supports my original conclusion.

dunce_d
October 18th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Personally I would prefer that they not introduce any new romantic relationships in the first season. I'd rather they spent that airtime developing the characters and dealing with the reality of their situation.

However, if I had to choose a relationship that I would like to see it would Chloe and Rush.

It would definitely be the most complex relationship in Chloe's life and I would love to see the gears grind and sparks fly across the Destiny as those two worked things out.

Jper
October 18th, 2009, 03:22 PM
It's completely different already. I do wonder if the regulations will become less and less enforced as the (possible) years go on being so far away. If not, and Scott still wants another closet session, then he's going to hide it (poorly).

No I disagree it might be a different couple. It might a different place, setting and so on. However, the core problem stays the same. They'll have them dancing around each other, hiding their feelings and all important moments for such a long time that in the end it's just been too long and it's plain old boring as it's plain old the same, and when it does happen it will be too late.

I just see it happen like that because TPTB just have this prerequisite of doing this with military people on the show. And I still haven't seen a difference there, not even in SGU, where as on other elements I have seen differences.

And if Scott does end up with someone from the military on board, I'll bet that it will be Vanessa James, and he doesn't seem to be all that interested in her, except for the physical thing. And no I don't want to go into another discussion about her body parts or something like that.

SpyDude
October 18th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Well, he certainly isn't respectful of overweight people, that's for sure. The evidence so far supports my original conclusion.

I think people who came down on the guy are a bit insecure themselves if that joke really got to them. Do you have any idea how many fat jokes there are (Eddie Murphy & Martin Lawrence, for example, are basically making a living out of them)? They are not going to go away. Doesn't mean someone is "prejudiced".

Major Tyler
October 18th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I think people who came down on the guy are a bit insecure themselves if that joke really got to them. Do you have any idea how many fat jokes there are (Eddie Murphy & Martin Lawrence, for example, are basically making a living out of them)? They are not going to go away. Doesn't mean someone is "prejudiced".Do you have any idea how many racist/sexist/homophobic jokes there are? There are plenty of comedians who make money off of racist/sexist/homophobic jokes, but that doesn't mean that telling those jokes is acceptable. Why is it okay to run down people who are overweight? Are they somehow less important or less deserving of respect?

SpyDude
October 18th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Do you have any idea how many racist/sexist/homophobic jokes there are? There are plenty of comedians who make money off of racist/sexist/homophobic jokes, but that doesn't mean that telling those jokes is acceptable. Why is it okay to run down people who are overweight? Are they somehow less important or less deserving of respect?

Can someone do something about the colour of their skin? Or their sexual orientation? Their gender (debatable)? No. You can't hate on someone for being who they are. Overweight people most of the time have a choice though. I honestly don't see overweight people as a 'group' (I fail to find the right word here) like perhaps black people or gays (who actually are being discriminated against).

jelgate
October 18th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Can someone do something about the colour of their skin? Or their sexual orientation? Their gender (debatable)? No. You can't hate on someone for being who they are. Overweight people most of the time have a choice though. I honestly don't see overweight people as a 'group' (I fail to find the right word here) like perhaps black people or gays (who actually are being discriminated against).

To a certain degree you are right. But to a more accurate degree. Yes diet and exercise are a huge factor of obesity. But its more then that. For one genetics play a huge role in someone's weight. Then thier is a person's metabolism. I know a person who would eat a whole pizza and he is barely 100 lbs. So its not really fair to say obesity is something you can totatlly control. And for the record you could change your skin color if you really wanted too.

Major Tyler
October 18th, 2009, 04:07 PM
You can't hate on someone for being who they are. Overweight people most of the time have a choice though.Yes, many overweight people have to choice to fight their genetics by exercising several hours per day, agonizing over EVERY SINGLE THING they put in their mouth, constantly feeling weak and hungry, taking supplements to increase their metabolism (which also makes their heart race and keeps them from sleeping), getting so desperate from a lack of results that they literally starve themselves or vomit after meals.

Yes, overweight people can choose this often difficult and painful path, but I'm certainly not surprised if some people don't have the time or the willpower to do it. Having gone through it myself, I know how miserable it can be.

Even if we accept that it is a choice, your post seems to indicate that it's okay to "hate" someone for something if they choose it. Why do you think "fat" people should be hated for "making the choice" to be fat?

SpyDude
October 18th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Yes, many overweight people have to choice to fight their genetics by exercising several hours per day, agonizing over EVERY SINGLE THING they put in their mouth, constantly feeling weak and hungry, taking supplements to increase their metabolism (which also makes their heart race and keeps them from sleeping), getting so desperate from a lack of results that they literally starve themselves or vomit after meals.

Yes, overweight people can choose this often difficult and painful path, but I'm certainly not surprised if some people don't have the time or the willpower to do it. Having gone through it myself, I know how miserable it can be.

Even if we accept that it is a choice, your post seems to indicate that it's okay to "hate" someone for something if they choose it. Why do you think "fat" people should be hated for "making the choice" to be fat?

Actually, I made a point that overweight people are not "hated" per se by anyone whereas racial, ethnic & sexual minorites are. And no, it's not right to hate overweight people. make fun of them? That's a bit different. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "hate" at all.

As for genetics and such, that's why I said "most of the time" (with regards to choice). I've gone through a moderate/serious weightloss too FYI. I didn't have much trouble though so I guess I'm lucky.

dosed150
October 18th, 2009, 05:01 PM
eli and chloe definetely seem like theyll be best friends, their just still at the awkward early stage of a friendship with an attractive girl were you still kinda fancy her a bit, don't think theyll be any romantic or sexual thing going on

Major Tyler
October 18th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Actually, I made a point that overweight people are not "hated" per se by anyone whereas racial, ethnic & sexual minorites are. And no, it's not right to hate overweight people. make fun of them? That's a bit different.Fine, so forget that you used the word "hate." Why are overweight people less deserving of respect? Why is "making fun" of them "different" than making fun of someone for being gay?

To get back to choice, if someone has an unusual accent due to their national origin, is it "okay" to make fun of them? According to you they are "choosing" to speak that way since it is technically possible for them to change. Just like losing weight, it's possible for them to change their accent, just very difficult.

Should I be free to "make fun" of foreigners with "funny" accents, just like it's "okay" to make fun of overweight people?

SpyDude
October 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Fine, so forget that you used the word "hate." Why are overweight people less deserving of respect? Why is "making fun" of them "different" than making fun of someone for being gay?

To get back to choice, if someone has an unusual accent due to their national origin, is it "okay" to make fun of them? According to you they are "choosing" to speak that way since it is technically possible for them to change. Just like losing weight, it's possible for them to change their accent, just very difficult.

Should I be free to "make fun" of foreigners with "funny" accents, just like it's "okay" to make fun of overweight people?

Oh please. Remember, overweight people (again, I'm not talking about everyone who has issues with their body weight) also made the choice to become overweight in the first place by being lazy and eating a lot. A person from a different country didn't choose where he was born.

You keep bringing up these ridiculous comparisons...being overweight and speaking with an accent - you're grasping at straws.
You may think of me what you want, but there's no need to go berserk on someone for making a fat joke (that wasn't even directed at any of the posters)

jelgate
October 18th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Oh please. Remember, overweight people (again, I'm not talking about everyone who has issues with their body weight) also made the choice to become overweight in the first place by being lazy and eating a lot. A person from a different country didn't choose where he was born.

You keep bringing up these ridiculous comparisons...being overweight and speaking with an accent - you're grasping at straws.
You may think of me what you want, but there's no need to go berserk on someone for making a fat joke (that wasn't even directed at any of the posters)

Its not that black and white and its not always those reasons

Major Tyler
October 18th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Oh please. Remember, overweight people (again, I'm not talking about everyone who has issues with their body weight) also made the choice to become overweight in the first place by being lazy and eating a lot.Really? So a young child is at fault if their parents fed them junk food their whole life and they inherit the weight into adulthood? It's the "fat" person's fault that they got injured and are unable to do any physical activity for some weeks/months and gain weight? It's their own fault if they have a thyroid condition that changes their body chemistry to put on weight?
A person from a different country didn't choose where he was born.Yes, but they can choose how they speak.

You keep bringing up these ridiculous comparisons...being overweight and speaking with an accent - you're grasping at straws.They are only ridiculous to someone who lacks the ability to understand them.

You may think of me what you want, but there's no need to go berserk on someone for making a fat joke (that wasn't even directed at any of the posters)I bet you're one of those people who thinks it's okay to say the N-word as long as there are no black people around. :rolleyes:

SpyDude
October 18th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Really? So a young child is at fault if their parents fed them junk food their whole life and they inherit the weight into adulthood? It's the "fat" person's fault that they got injured and are unable to do any physical activity for some weeks/months and gain weight? It's their own fault if they have a thyroid condition that changes their body chemistry to put on weight?Yes, but they can choose how they speak.
They are only ridiculous to someone who lacks the ability to understand them.
I bet you're one of those people who thinks it's okay to say the N-word as long as there are no black people around. :rolleyes:

Firstly, I noted that there are obvious (and numerous) exceptions (regarding body weight).

And that bolded bit is a low blow. Do you really expect me to now start defending myself to make you feel good about yourself? There's really no reason to if someone pulls a statement like that out of thin air.

As for the N-word, like Chris Rock says "it has to be IN THE SONG!". :P

Major Tyler
October 18th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Firstly, I noted that there are obvious (and numerous) exceptions (regarding body weight).Then why did you say it's all fat peoples' fault they got fat in the first place? Either it is their fault, or it isn't. You can't justify demeaning a group of people based on the generalization that "it's all their fault," and then say how aware you are that there are "obvious and numerous exceptions."

And that bolded bit is a low blow. Do you really expect me to now start defending myself to make you feel good about yourself? There's really no reason to if someone pulls a statement like that out of thin air.I'm from a small town in Montana, and when I overhear people use the N-word, I object (I'm white). They always reply "What, are you related to one of them?" or "There aren't any black people here."

You basically said "I wasn't talking about any fat people on the forum, I was talking about other fat people, and since they aren't here to read it, it's okay to say it."

Commander Zelix
October 18th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Am I in the Eli/Chloe/Scott thread?

meo3000
October 18th, 2009, 06:57 PM
This is unbelievable, Major Tyler, give it a rest, youre over reacting, it was a joke for god sake. YOU made it personal and hijacked the thread to vent youre long suppressed anger.

FYI, im overweight, not obese but big, so back off with your accusations. Youre the one being prejudicial by categorizing me based on a joke, going as far as putting in the same categories as racists and homophobes, really?

If i was an angry person like you, i would demand an apology immediately, but nature gave me a large, no a big, no an immense, no an infinite sense of humor, so i dont really care.

Have a twinky, its on me.

EDIT: Lol, talk about irony, we have weight lost publicity on the forums.

Phantom6
October 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Here is the latest link to 45 spoiler images from the next episode "Light":

Lots of them show Matthew Scott and Chloe Armstrong spending some "quality" time together. I wonder how Vanessa James and Eli Wallace are going to handle it...

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1676/index.html

Yeah... Not gonna like this episode.

This is really strange. Are you saying that in order for two people to be compatible, that they must have a skill they can teach the other? :S

I think it's more like two people have a better chance when ones strength offsets the others weakness.

Coronach
October 18th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Yeah... Not gonna like this episode.

For me, I'm going to wait and see what exactly is going on. I'm hoping TPTB don't do what I suspect they might, as they have impressed me so far with a lot of the writing and stylistic changes they've made with this new series.

We'll see :cool:

I think it's more like two people have a better chance when ones strength offsets the others weakness.

I certainly can't argue with that, but I think a lot goes into attraction, compatibility, and (ultimately) love. Not to mention, we know so little about the two characters thus far (especially Chloe).

Eternal Density
October 19th, 2009, 12:35 AM
I can't respect anyone with a number at the end of their username. ;)

Jper
October 19th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Am I in the Eli/Chloe/Scott thread?

Yes you are, let's get back on topic. :)

For me, I'm going to wait and see what exactly is going on. I'm hoping TPTB don't do what I suspect they might, as they have impressed me so far with a lot of the writing and stylistic changes they've made with this new series.

And what are you suspecting they might do? So what don't you want them to do?

jrd231
October 19th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Scott? A history with T.J. What makes you think that?
I thought Young had a history with T.J. and that Scott has something going on with Vanessa James.

I do think it's more likely Chloe/Eli will be friendship while Chloe/Matt will be something more.

+1 - My exact thoughts.

I hate love triangles more than anything on TV. I'm also praying for no romance between crew members whatsoever.

EDIT - What I would hate even more than a love triangle is the Scott/Chloe relationship while Eli is totally jealous of Scott because he is in love with Chloe while Chloe thinks of him as just a friend and is completely oblivious to the fact that Eli is in love with her. That would be about as cliche as you can get.

Also, I don't mind the character of Chloe but I hate then name Chloe.

Jper
October 19th, 2009, 11:51 AM
+1 - My exact thoughts.

I hate love triangles more than anything on TV. I'm also praying for no romance between crew members whatsoever.

Unfortunately enough for you, that is very very very very unlikely. There will certainly be some romance, to what degree and between who we don't know yet. :)

EDIT - What I would hate even more than a love triangle is the Scott/Chloe relationship while Eli is totally jealous of Scott because he is in love with Chloe while Chloe thinks of him as just a friend and is completely oblivious to the fact that Eli is in love with her. That would be about as cliche as you can get.

That is a love triangle. One of the many versions or ways you can go with a love triangle. :)

Whirlwind421
October 19th, 2009, 07:48 PM

Actually, I would love that to happen. It's cliched, but I love it. Chloe would think, she loves Scott, confides in Eli, Eli gets jealous, and Eli and Chloe get together after she realizes that she loves Eli instead. Yep, I never realized how cliched that sounds.

Rodney_Mckay
October 20th, 2009, 01:29 AM
That crap is fine by me :P

Jper
October 20th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Well, I'll agree it's "crap". That it is for sure. :D :p

DJFavorite
October 20th, 2009, 07:49 AM
I got to thinking this morning about Chloe and Scott. I wonder if they have a 'history'. I mean, they seem to be getting close awfully quickly. Even with the 'life and death' situation, I wouldn't expect two people to get that close that quickly, with all the work the Scott has been doing.

If it was purely the 'life and death' situation, Eli and Chloe have spent more time together and would then make the more logical choice for that scenerio.

So, as I started off, I think there's history between the two.

jrd231
October 20th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Actually, I would love that to happen. It's cliched, but I love it. Chloe would think, she loves Scott, confides in Eli, Eli gets jealous, and Eli and Chloe get together after she realizes that she loves Eli instead. Yep, I never realized how cliched that sounds.

I would vomit.

Commander Zelix
October 20th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I like it. Its less cliche that Scott/Chloe thats for sure. Obviously, just friendship in all cases is also another good one.

aretood2
October 20th, 2009, 11:25 AM
This is a hard one.....

I'm terribly conflicted!

To be honest, I can see Chloe and Eli developing a sister/brother relationship. Other than Young, they are the only ones with family that I know of, and they are cut off from them.

Jper
October 20th, 2009, 11:51 AM
To be honest, I can see Chloe and Eli developing a sister/brother relationship. Other than Young, they are the only ones with family that I know of, and they are cut off from them.

I agree.

Whirlwind421
October 20th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I can see them (Chloe/Eli) having a friendship like Sam and Daniel or Sam and Teal'c. But, I would rather see them get together. :D

I also agree that it seems like Chloe and Scott might have a history because of how closely they acted around each other. Maybe not much of a history but they knew each other before hand. More then one meeting.

Varathiel
October 20th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I just have to say that I find, and have always found, the negativity towards on-screen relationships laughable. I mean you have to realize that if a bunch of people were stranded out in the middle of nowhere, some of them would end up together. I mean people in the real world hook up with people they work with all the time.

Even in the military. Which is one of the reasons they don't like to put women on the front lines. They don't want soldiers doing something stupid to save someone they have feelings for. They also don't want distracted soldiers. It doesn't mean that if that restriction was lifted that you wouldn't have people in the same unit falling for one another. It's all biology.

For Sci-Fi to be good, you have to have some kind of realism coming from the characters. They need to act like actual people would act. Having them all running around like they are part of a monastic order isn't realistic. If you have unrealistic people and unrealistic settings/technology, the whole thing becomes really boring and stupid.

Now to the on point part of my post.

Eli/Chloe all the way. I realize we don't know everything about Scott yet, but at best he is the type of person that doesn't learn from his mistakes. He got someone pregnant, regrets it immensely(thinks he failed god), and yet there he is having sex with Lt. James and hitting on another girl right after. While this doesn't mean he doesn't care for Chloe, it at least means his feelings are confused.

Eli meanwhile has done nothing but be helpful to everybody. He likes Chloe and would do anything to save her were she in danger. I mean if he was a coward he wouldn't have stuck only his arm through the gate. Eli is comfortable with Eli. He has it together. Scott doesn't.

That being said, I know a girl who lost her dad and Chloe is more likely to be with Scott and get severely hurt in the process.

I really like Chloe's character as well. She really shouldn't be with either of them until she has grieved. She has got to be feeling guilty since she is the one that convinced her father to help fund the project in the first place. Wrongly of course.

Varathiel

Commander Zelix
October 20th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I just have to say that I find, and have always found, the negativity towards on-screen relationships laughable. I mean you have to realize that if a bunch of people were stranded out in the middle of nowhere, some of them would end up together.
Ok, but not **3 days** after being send at the other edge of the galaxy!!!

Jper
October 20th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Ok, but not **3 days** after being send at the other edge of the galaxy!!!

Huh? :confused: I think you mean "outer edge of the universe." :)

Commander Zelix
October 20th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Huh? :confused: I think you mean "outer edge of the universe." :)
I mean both. :)

Jper
October 20th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I mean both. :)

Yeah well, the Icarus wasn't really the other or outer edge of the Milky Way (galaxy), so that doesn't fit. However the Destiny is on the outer edge of the known universe. :)

Also I don't think Varathiel meant immediately. He was just speaking generally I think. As that there is a bit too much negativity. Certainly now, as now, it's all speculation. That's what I would think. Just my .02

Commander Zelix
October 20th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Also I don't think Varathiel meant immediately.
Then I agree with him(her). :)

Linda06
October 21st, 2009, 07:47 AM
I don't really care who ends up with who just so long as we don't end up with another love triangle from hell :eek: If we do end up with that then I might just leave this time.

Whirlwind421
October 21st, 2009, 08:54 PM
Love triangles are okay, just as long as they don't ruin friendships. In season four, Ronon and Rodney had a sort of friendship that was ruined after Rodney and Ronon started competing for Jennifer. That is what I wouldn't want with Eli and Scott since I can see them becoiming friends.

Linda06
October 22nd, 2009, 06:53 AM
I HATE love triangles with a vengeance :S And If they do anything like this in SGU I won't be hanging around to watch another McKay/Keller/Dex disaster :S

jelgate
October 22nd, 2009, 06:56 AM
I HATE love triangles with a vengeance :S And If they do anything like this in SGU I won't be hanging around to watch another McKay/Keller/Dex disaster :S

I doubt. They have shown no romantic interactions between Chloe and Eli. I know its archaic but people of opposing genders can be friends without it becoming romantic

andr3w_iii
October 22nd, 2009, 07:16 AM
Who really thinks that Eli is going to get with Chloe, think Scott has the captain Kirk complex. Just my point of view so far

Linda06
October 22nd, 2009, 07:25 AM
I doubt. They have shown no romantic interactions between Chloe and Eli. I know its archaic but people of opposing genders can be friends without it becoming romantic

I hope this is the case. Amd I agree people of opposing genders can be friends. Heck my best friend is male ;)

I'm also hoping this is the case with Young/TJ, I think they could be really good friends and I hope they develop that, but I hope they don't add a romantic twist there.

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 09:58 AM

^What Jelgate said.

I hope this is the case. Amd I agree people of opposing genders can be friends. Heck my best friend is male ;)

I'm also hoping this is the case with Young/TJ, I think they could be really good friends and I hope they develop that, but I hope they don't add a romantic twist there.

I doubt that TJ and Young won't get at least a kiss on the screen. As that is in one of the SGU promos for season one. I wouldn't mind that so much, however, it all comes down to the fact again that the stones are messing up SGU, as without that we would have never had the Young-wife scene and all that between them that will probably follow. It will so come back to haunt them (TPTB) soon, IMHO. So, they created T.J. and Young, but on the same time had the stones so they had to also create the whole "Young-wife thing". Anyway, we'll see. I hope they just stay clear of the disasters, however, IMHO, they are heading there with those stones.
I'll stop rambling now.

Linda06
October 22nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
I doubt that TJ and Young won't get at least a kiss on the screen. As that is in one of the SGU promos for season one. I wouldn't mind that so much, however, it all comes down to the fact again that the stones are messing up SGU, as without that we would have never had the Young-wife scene and all that between them that will probably follow. It will so come back to haunt them (TPTB) soon, IMHO. So, they created T.J. and Young, but on the same time had the stones so they had to also create the whole "Young-wife thing". Anyway, we'll see. I hope they just stay clear of the disasters, however, IMHO, they are heading there with those stones.
I'll stop rambling now.

*sigh* And I was so hoping they wouldn't go down this road with TJ/Young :( I personally would have preferred TPTB to develop their friendship because I don't trust this current PTB to write romance and write it well :S.

Lightning Ducj
October 22nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
I doubt that TJ and Young won't get at least however, it all comes down to the fact again that the stones are messing up SGU

Which I think actually points out an issue that you cannot trust any screens caps or stills from future episodes to indicate anything about anyone simply simply because you can't tell from context who's mind is inside of the bodies.

For example, TJ was said to be going to school....and there has been a lot of speculation about a Young/TJ connection that led to a Young/Wife split....but none of the speculation has really taken place on screen. What if the caps that show Young/TJ are really TJ's other in Young's body or even Young's Wife in TJs body in a reconciliation. Just saying that the stones make speculations sorta random

DJFavorite
October 22nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
*sigh* And I was so hoping they wouldn't go down this road with TJ/Young :( I personally would have preferred TPTB to develop their friendship because I don't trust this current PTB to write romance and write it well :S.

Well,
I think that there's something between TJ and Young and that's why she's hadn't left yet. I mean, who sticks around for 2 weeks after they've been discharged?

Linda06
October 22nd, 2009, 10:10 AM
Well,
I think that there's something between TJ and Young and that's why she's hadn't left yet. I mean, who sticks around for 2 weeks after they've been discharged?

YeahI was trying to stick my head in the sand and pretend it wasn't so...But it's not working out so well :S ;)

jelgate
October 22nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
YeahI was trying to stick my head in the sand and pretend it wasn't so...But it's not working out so well :S ;)

You'll forget about it in two minutes anyway.:P

Without knowing the context of that future clip we have no idea what it means. That is why trailers are misleading. We never know the context

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 10:44 AM

I hope the other changes they made, indicate this will be different as well. Although, every time I see the stones my hope gets crushed. I still blame the stones. TPTB probably weren't lucid when they thought of that. I bet you anything that this wouldn't have been a problem if those stones hadn't been around.

Which I think actually points out an issue that you cannot trust any screens caps or stills from future episodes to indicate anything about anyone simply simply because you can't tell from context who's mind is inside of the bodies.

For example, TJ was said to be going to school....and there has been a lot of speculation about a Young/TJ connection that led to a Young/Wife split....but none of the speculation has really taken place on screen. What if the caps that show Young/TJ are really TJ's other in Young's body or even Young's Wife in TJs body in a reconciliation. Just saying that the stones make speculations sorta random

Now you see why I hate these stones so much? Aaarggh.

LRC Stones http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/JperW/KellerSmiliesZuz/keller_p90.gif

Even if we see something in a trailer, photo or promo or whatever there's always still the possibility that the stones are involved. Although I would have to wonder why then they wouldn't go the way of the other stone-switching scenes. That would mean if T.J. switched with Young's wife we would see Young's wife kissing Young on the Destiny, but she would be wearing TJ's clothes. They always keep the clothes as an indicator until now.

Well,

I agree, but that's indeed speculation.

Yeah I can see how that wouldn't be working out that well. There's always that little sprinkle of hope that TPTB will actually surprise you.

Linda06
October 22nd, 2009, 10:48 AM

Without knowing the context of that future clip we have no idea what it means. That is why trailers are misleading. We never know the context

Aye good point :D

Oh so there is still hope then :D

Yeah I can see how that wouldn't be working out that well. There's always that little sprinkle of hope that TPTB will actually surprise you.

Yes there's always that. Maybe they will surprise me and actually be able to write romance well...But I won't hold my breath :p

Rodney_Mckay
October 22nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Just found this image for a 2-second clip in a Q & A session with David Blue. Looks like it's from 'Earth'

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii307/EvilGrizz/drunk.jpg

oo-err, a drunk Chloe with Eli

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
Why would she be drunk? Do they even have alcohol on board?

bradly08
October 22nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
Just found this image for a 2-second clip in a Q & A session with David Blue. Looks like it's from 'Earth'

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii307/EvilGrizz/drunk.jpg

oo-err, a drunk Chloe with Eli

Interesting... but again we don't know the context of the still, for all we know she could be seriously injured...

Major Tyler
October 22nd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Why would she be drunk? Do they even have alcohol on board?I'm sure it's on Earth.

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
I'm sure it's on Earth.

Ah,

I thought it was from the episode "Earth". As it said that in the post. Why do you think it's on Earth?

DJFavorite
October 22nd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Ah,

I thought it was from the episode "Earth". As it said that in the post. Why do you think it's on Earth?

In looking at the image...

I think that it's nightime, and the item to the right is a car.
Eli & Chloe used the stones to go 'home' and party.

Major Tyler
October 22nd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Why do you think it's on Earth?In the photo they are wearing clothes that are not on the ship (that I know of) so they are probably in someone else's body on Earth.

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 01:24 PM
Okay, if they are really on Earth and if they are really using the stones, and this isn't a flashback or something else, and if they are indeed drunk, as in if they really were allowed to do that or did that, then... :eek: :eek: I cannot even begin to think of what that all would mean. That would have some serious consequences, no? I don't mean an Eli/Chloe relationship. Or these stones will really screw things up for SGU. Or finally we will get to see that those stones are not all roses there. And much more I'm sure, but currently my brain is spinning between how I could have missed that fragment and how this would fit in.

ETA/
I do think this has no real consequences for Eli/Chloe, except for the fact that it shows that Eli takes care of her, but IMO in a friendship-only way. Anyway, nothing really new, I guess. Although I more leaning towards Chloe/Scott I wouldn't mind Eli/Chloe if they had good development on screen, and maybe indeed this is just part of it, however then I'm hoping they'll go past the whole friendship feeling I'm getting now. Also, then I so hope it does not become a new love triangle, as if that happens it will ruin everything.

Also, if we continue this discussion, we might have to consider creating a similar thread in the general SGU folder or ask the mods to move this, as actually we should mainly be talking about Darkness in this thread. I would love to continue this, but I don't know if you want to, or/and if we may continue to do this in this thread.

Major Tyler
October 22nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
Okay, if they are really on Earth and if they are really using the stones, and this isn't a flashback or something else, and if they are indeed drunk, as in if they really were allowed to do that or did that, then... :eek: :eek: I cannot even begin to think of what that all would mean. That would have some serious consequences, no? I don't mean an Eli/Chloe relationship. Or these stones will really screw things up for SGU. Or finally we will get to see that those stones are not all roses there. And much more I'm sure, but currently my brain is spinning between how I could have missed that fragment and how this would fit in.Drunken orgy?

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Drunken orgy?

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/JperW/KellerSmiliesZuz/keller_lol.gif

Sure that will happen. You've seen the shower-scene, Chloe=sex-object, there's-too-much-sex/sexuality/titillation-in-SGU threads, no?
I predict if that happens GateWorld would explode. :D
Good joke, but not very realistic as if that will really happen.

dahok
October 22nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
ETA/
I do think this has no real consequences for Eli/Chloe, except for the fact that it shows that Eli takes care of her, but IMO in a friendship-only way. Anyway, nothing really new, I guess. Although I more leaning towards Chloe/Scott I wouldn't mind Eli/Chloe if they had good development on screen, and maybe indeed this is just part of it, however then I'm hoping they'll go past the whole friendship feeling I'm getting now.

Scott/Chloe with Eli as the supporting character is probably the dullest and most predictable outcome imaginable. How horrible for the poor guy if he's just there to instill wisdom on the young lil' lovebirds, while delivering some humor.

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 02:24 PM

Well I was talking about this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5AOJatwYg). 2:10 SPOILERS!

There you see Young and TJ kissing.

However about not knowing the "context" have a look at this:
http://sky1.sky.com/stargate-universe-louis-ferreira-interview SPOILERS

So... TJ and Young are probably TJ and Young, no stones. Luckily I would say, no stones.

Lightning Ducj
October 22nd, 2009, 02:27 PM
So...
TJ and Young are probably TJ and Young, no stones. Luckily I would say, no stones.

Wel then...
that will drive the military types nuts. A Col with a 2ndLt

Rodney_Mckay
October 22nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Why do you think it's on Earth?

Same clothes they are wearing in the apparent nightclub scene - "This is so totally awesome!"

jelgate
October 22nd, 2009, 02:31 PM
Well I was talking about this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5AOJatwYg). 2:10 SPOILERS!

There you see Young and TJ kissing.

However about not knowing the "context" have a look at this:
http://sky1.sky.com/stargate-universe-louis-ferreira-interview SPOILERS

So... TJ and Young are probably TJ and Young, no stones. Luckily I would say, no stones.

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. I predict when it comes to TV because too often we are wrong. Call me a skepetic but until we see the scene in its entire run anything is possible.

Linda06
October 22nd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. I predict when it comes to TV because too often we are wrong. Call me a skepetic but until we see the scene in its entire run anything is possible.

I'm going with Jel on this one. I'm not believing anything until I actually see it with my own two eyes on the show after it airs :D

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:05 PM
As not to hijack this thread any longer to discuss TJ/Young. I made a new one for TJ/Young.

TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young Impact/Speculation/Discussion *Spoilers!*
(http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70459)

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
As not to hijack this thread any longer to discuss TJ/Young. I made a new one for TJ/Young.

TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young Impact/Speculation/Discussion *Spoilers!*
(http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70459)

jelgate
October 22nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
One that is a duplicate and in the wrong folder:p

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
Scott/Chloe with Eli as the supporting character is probably the dullest and most predictable outcome imaginable. How horrible for the poor guy if he's just there to instill wisdom on the young lil' lovebirds, while delivering some humor.

I beg to differ. I think it's all about how it will come to be what it will be, whatever it will be, become to be. I mainly care about the progress, evolution. The end result will either the result of good character development, writing and portrayal on the screen. To make any ship, friendship or generally just relationship believable you need that.

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:16 PM

Really? How is it a duplicate and how is it in the wrong folder?

Atlanis
October 22nd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Eli and Cholie all the way

Lightning Ducj
October 22nd, 2009, 03:17 PM

Well you posted your own post twice about the other post :)

jelgate
October 22nd, 2009, 03:26 PM

I err.

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
Well you posted your own post twice about the other post :)

GW glitches all the time here. Sorry about that, but can't really do anything about that. :)

jelgate
October 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
You could delete one of the posts:P

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:32 PM
You could delete one of the posts:P

I'm too lazy to delete all my double posts. :p Already takes more than enough to get them posted. GW is too glitchy.

Linda06
October 22nd, 2009, 04:26 PM

Yeah GW is going WACKO tonight...There's been a number of double posts in the Sam/Jack thread :eek: I thought I was seeing double for a while there :p

aretood2
October 22nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Eli/Chloe have more of a friendship developing - to me anyway - while Matt/Chloe is probably a relationship relationship.
Pair the spares and put Lt. James with Eli! :P

I don't know...she is more likely to abuse poor Eli.

MattSilver 3k
October 22nd, 2009, 05:23 PM
I don't know...she is more likely to abuse poor Eli.

It was just a joke, referring to the Pair The Spares mentality a lot of movies and tv-shows seem to have.

Anyway, I think that and this IS spoilers,
Scott and Chloe are together as of Light. A new Kino Webisode indicates as much... http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1714/index.html

Eternal Density
October 22nd, 2009, 11:42 PM
Anyway, I think that and this IS spoilers,
Scott and Chloe are together as of Light. A new Kino Webisode indicates as much... http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1714/index.htmlInteresting how Scott has a bit of trouble figuring out what/who they're talking about :P Guess he thinks he's more discreet than he is.

Coronach
October 22nd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Interesting how Scott has a bit of trouble figuring out what/who they're talking about :P Guess he thinks he's more discreet than he is.

I can't view whatever video this apparently links to :S

MattSilver 3k
October 23rd, 2009, 12:14 AM
I can't view whatever video this apparently links to :S

Try IGN: http://au.tv.ign.com/dor/objects/14276047/sgu-stargate-universe/videos/sgu_clip1_102109.html

Its a Kino Webisode, by the by.

Eternal Density
October 23rd, 2009, 12:16 AM
*shrugs* It works for me just fine.
I like how Eli's still blaming Riley but Greer isn't fazed by the denial.

BerrySciFi
October 23rd, 2009, 01:01 AM
I would like to see these pairings:
Eli & I don't care

Scott & I don't care

Chloe & the nearest airlock

Vanessa & Vanessa

Eternal Density
October 23rd, 2009, 01:18 AM
Not until they find the Ancient Twinning Device...

MechaThor
October 23rd, 2009, 04:12 AM
That Webisode was rather cool,

Greer: I will use the Kino to spy on you..... from the inside

Jper
October 23rd, 2009, 05:03 AM
I don't think that Kino-episode means that much. It's just a conformation of what we already know that will happen in Light. It seems to me that it will indeed be so that (Chloe and Scott) they'll have to figure out what exactly they feel for each other and what it all means after they have the scene in Light. Seems like it could be good. Hopefully Light will be good. Because if Light does not establish Chloe/Scott the right/good way, it will be rushed writing and it will just go downwards from there on. Seems like a lot is at stake this evening.

JadedWraith
October 23rd, 2009, 05:14 AM
What about Scott/Eli?

Everyone kept talking about a gay couple...it could be worse;)

Seriuosly, although I like the chemistry between Eli and Chloe, maybe it's too soon to realise who will be the best ship (apart from the Destiny, of course...).

MattSilver 3k
October 23rd, 2009, 05:17 AM
I don't think that Kino-episode means that much. It's just a conformation of what we already know that will happen in Light. It seems to me that it will indeed be so that (Chloe and Scott) they'll have to figure out what exactly they feel for each other and what it all means after they have the scene in Light. Seems like it could be good. Hopefully Light will be good. Because if Light does not establish Chloe/Scott the right/good way, it will be rushed writing and it will just go downwards from there on. Seems like a lot is at stake this evening.

I don't really know. Before the Kinosode, I had a crazy theory involving... Chloe and Scott's tryst in Light being some kind of hallucination/reappearance of the Dust Devil entity from Air, Part 3. I say this because the summary for Light indicated that "Mysterious forces are at work that no one could have forseen.", JM's blog indicated that it might reappear, and the Water summary says that the rations of water dropped faster and TJ goes hunting for the intruder... what alien have we met who drinks water? The Dust Devil...

Here's hoping for a decent Scott/Chloe then. If not, I'll start a drinking game based off awkward moments and enjoy it a little more.

Major Tyler
October 23rd, 2009, 05:40 AM
What about Scott/Eli?

Everyone kept talking about a gay couple...it could be worse. ;)What about Greeli? :P

spinny magee
October 23rd, 2009, 05:50 AM
Eli and Chloe 4 eva.

Scotts just a nasty boyfriend...I can see a catfight happening when Lt James finds out :eek:

BerrySciFi
October 23rd, 2009, 05:51 AM
Not until they find the Ancient Twinning Device...

What I mean is, ok some people want Eli getting it on with Chloe, etc. I want Vanessa with Vanessa. That's why the ;)

MattSilver 3k
October 23rd, 2009, 05:53 AM
Eli and Chloe 4 eva.

Scotts just a nasty boyfriend...I can see a catfight happening when Lt James finds out :eek:

I sense a Kinosode: Scott Vs James. One of them will use the Kino to bludgeon the other, and we'll see it... :P

JadedWraith
October 23rd, 2009, 05:54 AM
What about Greeli? :P

Sounds perfect...The tough guy and the geek;)

jelgate
October 23rd, 2009, 06:01 AM
Yet the Chloe/Scott/James love triangle begin.:P

I sure hope they learned their lesson from Atlantis:S

MattSilver 3k
October 23rd, 2009, 06:03 AM

Hmm...

"This love triangle between McKay, Keller and Ronon failed! Whatever shall we do!"

"Oh I know!" says TPTB, grinning a ****-eating grin and counting his money, "We'll make the characters younger and get them together earlier! The fifth episode, why not?

spinny magee
October 23rd, 2009, 06:07 AM

It would seem that they haven't:o then again... unless James is the one who suicides by mid season yet another love triangle shall begin....

Major Tyler
October 23rd, 2009, 06:10 AM
It would seem that they haven't:o then again... unless James is the one who......suicides by mid season yet another love triangle shall begin....Spoiler tags! :mad:

Eternal Density
October 27th, 2009, 11:06 PM
What I mean is, ok some people want Eli getting it on with Chloe, etc. I want Vanessa with Vanessa. That's why the ;)That's what the Ancient Twinning Device is for, duh.

Jper
October 28th, 2009, 10:29 AM
What I want to see is the next episode, sixth episode, Water, as it has been spoiled that there will be a Chloe-James scene. Want to see that.

SupremeLegate
October 29th, 2009, 08:09 PM
What I want to see is the next episode, sixth episode, Water, as it has been spoiled that there will be a Chloe-James scene. Want to see that.

That should be interesting to see.

Anyone know where I can get some solid spoilers?

As for the whole Eli/Chloe/Scott triangle, I am betting the Chloe/Scott relationship will be over no later than the 2nd season.

Eternal Density
October 29th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Which sounds preferable: starting a new thread or editing the title to be Eli/Chloe/Scott/James?
Also the following just popped into my head without knocking first:
"Jamestrong - cutting out the middle man."

Jper
October 29th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Anyone know where I can get some solid spoilers?

GateWorld of course:
http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/

That and the pre-airing threads here in the SGU folder.

Jper
October 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Which sounds preferable: starting a new thread or editing the title to be Eli/Chloe/Scott/James?
Also the following just popped into my head without knocking first:
"Jamestrong - cutting out the middle man."

Just asks the mods to rename it (report the first post), following the GW-Forum continuity, this thread should be called:

Eli/Chloe/Scott/James Relationship Impact/Discussion/Speculation *Spoilers*

I, for one, are already happy this thread is here (in the SGU folder), and according to me in the right folder, unlike my TJ/Young Impact/Discussion/Speculation Thread was imho wrongfully moved to the C&R folder where it will get lost, loose focus and derail, imho.

Eternal Density
October 29th, 2009, 09:02 PM
true, C&R threads seem to be limited in the range and volume of discussion.

Jper
October 29th, 2009, 09:12 PM
That's why I made a point of not creating the thread there in the first place, including also giving special attention to the first post as to provide as much info and questions as possible. I also considered making a thread for this after that, but then the other thread got moved and I am still awaiting a response from the mods what now exactly are the ""rules"" for having a character/relationship thread in the SGU-folder, as there are more of such threads that stay here, which I am very pleased with. This clearly illustrates the merit of having two at-first-glance similar, but actually there is a difference, threads in different folders.

Eternal Density
October 29th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Sorry for all the meta-discussion, I didn't meant for it to take over the thread at all.

SupremeLegate
October 30th, 2009, 04:39 PM
This is how I think this whole triangle is going to progress:

Scott and Chloe will be an item for the rest of season 1; during which time Eli, Chloe, and maybe even Scott will have grown as characters. Near the end of the season, maybe middle, Chloe will begin to assert herself and find her place on Destiny. By which time she and Scott will have drifted apart, and hopefully she will know how Eli feels, or at the very least he will have matured enough to be able to tell her.

Of course it is possible that what ever happens in the season finally, it is called Invasion after all, that will draw Chloe and Scott back together, at which point they will be together until the middle or end of season two.

So to reiterate:

Season 1: By the end Chloe/Scott have split
Season 2: Chloe/Eli slowly get closer and closer
Season 3(4): Eli/Chloe are an item.

SaberBlade
October 31st, 2009, 11:12 PM
Eli and Chloe will never get together, because after all that time spent together because "I've never been as close to anyone in my life as I have with you these past few days" was told to Scott, who had to spent all of 5 minutes with her as opposed to Eli. I think right from the start it should have Eli and Chloe, and they wouldn't have needed to try sexing things up because together they just fit so well. Instead they turned Chloe and Scott into a pair of 15 year olds who sneak off.

Scott on his own, I love the character. Chloe on her own, personally I think needs some improvement (because she's completely blind to Eli, is willing to disregard instructions such as when she was told Scott was hurt, plus her willingness to just head first into an obvious bad relationship so soon after the death of her father) but as good potential if they can toughen her up a bit. However if you stick these two together, it's like the worst relationship either. I'm not a shipper, but Eli/Kino is a better ship. I see Scott and Chloe together, and I just hate it. I think these two should really sit down and watch this;

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1926/fuzzybunny.jpg

In fact, Eli should totally get with Lt. James or even better, let him get with Lt. Johansen because after seeing 'Water' and how Scott had to interrupt Everett so he could personally tell her that he was okay, I think she's the one he really want.

SupremeLegate
November 1st, 2009, 06:09 AM
There is something interesting that I recently thought of, and I am surprised that no one else has thought of it.

Do we really know what kind of relationship they have? Think about it they had sex in “Light” and were making out in “Water.” Now granted I am basing this thought on just two episodes, and I will reevaluate it as I watch more episodes, but it seems to me that it is primarily physical.

Don’t get me wrong, there do appear to be feelings and emotion involved. But I ask, to what extent.

Jper
November 1st, 2009, 06:42 AM
There is something interesting that I recently thought of, and I am surprised that no one else has thought of it.

Do we really know what kind of relationship they have? Think about it they had sex in “Light” and were making out in “Water.” Now granted I am basing this thought on just two episodes, and I will reevaluate it as I watch more episodes, but it seems to me that it is primarily physical.

Don’t get me wrong, there do appear to be feelings and emotion involved. But I ask, to what extent.

That's what a lot of people have been saying, me included, for a while now. For now, the relationship Chloe/Matt doesn't seem to go much further than the physical level. Which imho they should have to endure the consequences of that afterwards. :)

BTW if you want to post this double, no problem, but keep the spoilers for Water out of the other thread or under spoiler tags. Here there are no spoiler tags required as the warning is up in the title.

SupremeLegate
November 1st, 2009, 09:57 PM
Well I just read some spoilers about the rest of the episodes this season, and I am looking forward to several scenes.

Jper
November 2nd, 2009, 02:17 AM
That's dangerous you know. Spoilers don't always turn out to be true. Or to be what you think they'll be.

SupremeLegate
November 2nd, 2009, 05:52 AM
True, but I am just looking at who is in the scene and thinking about what could possibly happen.

I am thinking I might post the Eli/Chloe/Scott spoilers here, with spoiler tags of course, along with how I think the scene could/should play out.

SupremeLegate
November 13th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Well Kino 18 looks to give us not only spoilers for “Time,” so watch at your own risk, as well as shows us a bit of the dynamic between Eli and Scott.

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content...061/index.html

And judging by one line near the end, I am fairly certain that Scott actually know how Eli feels toward Chloe

SupremeLegate
November 14th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Well it looks like Eli has done the typical nice guy move and accepted his “Just Friends” status with Chloe, while still holding a torch for her.

I am interested in seeing how this triangle will be affected once Scoot and/or Chloe become aware of Eli's feelings for Chloe.

SupremeLegate
November 15th, 2009, 12:32 AM
I have read spoilers for the rest of the season over at Stargate Solutions, http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Main_Page, and have come up with some predictions regarding the Eli/Chloe/Scott triangle.

I have minimized the spoilers to only include these characters, but they are still spoilers so click the tag at your own risk.

Life

ANNIE BALIC is one of the people left behind by the now-stranded crew of the Destiny. Her lover was [an Air Force lieutenant] and before he joined the Air Force, she became pregnant, but didn’t tell him that she had the child (he thought she got an abortion).

Assuming this is Scott, not really a big leap, I wonder how Chloe will react to this news. I think it might make him question his relationship with Chloe. Though for some reason I suspect he wont tell her, not sure why though.

Divided

“It's the military versus the civilians”

Scott will definatly side with the military, I am not sure where Chloe or Eli will land. I am hoping that Chloe will side with the civilians cuases conflict between her are Scott.

Lost

“Eli, Chloe, and Scott, lose their Kino on a planet with a toxic atmosphere and must rely on dumb luck that the next address leads them to a safe planet. Scott volunteers to go first to test it out.”

I think this is the planet that Elyse Levesque mentioned in her interview about Chloe haivng to convince them to let her go. Personaly I hope Scott is agiasnt her going while Eli is for her going.

Also I think it will end up being Eli who goes through the gate. It would impress Chloe and it is a classic nice guy move, as he would be saving Scott so that Chloe would not lose him.

Sabotage

“Perry is impressed with the man who solved the "Dakara Puzzle" (a puzzle on a video game that led to Eli Wallace's indoctrination into the Stargate Program). Additionally, Eli and Perry share a common interest in gaming, with Warcraft in particular”

I think we will see some jealousy from Chloe, this is based on my feeling that Chloe does have some deeper feelings toward Eli, she just does not know it yet.

“Chloe and James try to determine the cause of the explosion”

Given how the reacted to one another in “Water” I doubt there will be any anamosity between these two, but I am curious to see if the topic of Scott comes up.

“Perry kisses Eli and implies she'd like to take it further, but Eli refuses because, well, it's Wray's body and he doesn't think that it would be right, even though he thinks that Wray is very attractive.”

I’m hoping that Perry’s interest in Eli makes Chloe jealous, and that when Eli turns down her advances that it impresses Chloe.

Incursion

“Eli and Chloe are together and Chloe is severely injured with a leg wound.”

This should be interesting because if nothing else it should show Chloe how much Eli cares about her.

Well that is how I think things will progress; any questions, comments, insults?

Pharaoh Atem
November 15th, 2009, 05:28 PM
http://www.imgshack.info/images/t4mlrj13sxoh4zxd357.jpg (http://www.imgshack.info/)

Pharaoh Atem
November 15th, 2009, 08:25 PM
their wrong

SupremeLegate
November 20th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Well it seems that even though we don’t see it that Eli and Chloe spend time together, possibly a lot of time. Her telling Eli about Scott’s kid does show that she has a high opinion of him, as well as not to go blabbing it to everyone; I wonder what else she tells him.

Also I like the Eli is still a friend to Scott even though Scott is with Chloe, it shows he has maturity, even if he does not show it all that often.

I think that Chloe has now seen another side to Scott, one that she is not sure about. It seemed to me that when he mentioned how little he and the Ex knew each other that she was unnerved. Also I got the feeling from her talk with T.J. that there is not really all that much too the relationship, other than seeking comfort and a desire to not feel lonely.

Course when she said comfort my mind screamed euphemism!

And finally Eli and Chloe. I liked that we saw her doing Yoga alone at the beginning and then with Eli at the end, I wonder if that was the first time or if it was a regular thing. Also could someone get a screen shot of that scene, I thought I noticed Chloe eyeing Eli.

kaliel
November 21st, 2009, 03:27 AM
Whilst I think that Matt and Chloe's relationship is rather hollow and unimpressive on the show, I'd rather see that than a relationship develop between Eli and Chloe.

Better to have two shallow characters remain that way together than to destroy a frankly brilliant character by creating a love triangle.

SupremeLegate
November 21st, 2009, 06:50 AM
Whilst I think that Matt and Chloe's relationship is rather hollow and unimpressive on the show, I'd rather see that than a relationship develop between Eli and Chloe.

Better to have two shallow characters remain that way together than to destroy a frankly brilliant character by creating a love triangle.

First the love triangle is already there.

I don't think that are going to have, Chloe breaks up with Scott then jumps to Eli.

Instead I think they are going to have all three characters grow, which will eventually cause Chloe and Scott to split. By which time neither Chloe nor Scott will be shallow as you put it.

Then the following will happen; Chloe realizes how Eli feels about her, Chloe realizes how she feels toward Eli, Neither do anything about it, eventually they get together.

So that by the time they get together both the characters and the relationship will be meaningful.

Jper
November 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
It would be much better if, in the case that Chloe and Matt did break up, that Eli turned down Chloe when she came running to him. Chloe would just be looking for a rebound and it would be great for Eli to grow some balls and become a bit more mature. :)

SupremeLegate
November 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM
The blasphemers:) reside here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69607

Interesting how they have not said much recently.

Rachel-Kree
November 26th, 2009, 04:10 AM
The blasphemers:) reside here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69607

Interesting how they have not said much recently.

thanks for your kindness ;)

will delete my previous post above and sorry about that :o

Edit: already deleted!

SupremeLegate
November 26th, 2009, 07:39 AM
thanks for your kindness ;)

will delete my previous post above and sorry about that :o

Edit: already deleted!

It's no problem, I have already figured that Chloe with Scott will eventualy lead to Chloe with Eli.

SupremeLegate
November 28th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Looks like Chloe gets to do something in "Justice";

http://stargate.mgm.com/assets//Still/1259179401/11566/large-FullSize-sgu0110-0078xe.jpg

SupremeLegate
December 5th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Since we are now in the mid-season break, I thought it would be fun to do a little speculation regarding this triangle.

Currently only Eli knows about his feelings toward Chloe, but eventually others will figure it out as well, especially Scott and Chloe.

So how do you think Scott and/or Chloe will react once they find out?
How will there finding out effect the other two?

SupremeLegate
April 2nd, 2010, 07:29 PM
So we got a new episode, which included some interaction between Eli and Chloe, which I missed most off unfortunatly.

SupremeLegate
April 7th, 2010, 06:33 AM
No comments?

squirrely1
April 8th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I love the Eli/Chloe/Scott dynamic....it is very well written for the most part.....I do however hope we get more of the three of them working out their issues...and not just Chloe off with Scott all the time. *sigh*

Col.Foley
April 8th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I love the Eli/Chloe/Scott dynamic....it is very well written for the most part.....I do however hope we get more of the three of them working out their issues...and not just Chloe off with Scott all the time. *sigh*

Applause applause :D

They could really become a force to be reckoned with if the writers do this :P

squirrely1
April 8th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Applause applause :D

They could really become a force to be reckoned with if the writers do this :P

Yeah and I was just reading the first post on this thread and I think they wanted us to choose which couple we liked...

Chloe and Eli ??
or Scott and Chloe??

I'm thinking....ok what about
Scott and Eli?? or......heck why choose at all?? I like all three of them ;) :D

Col.Foley
April 8th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Yeah and I was just reading the first post on this thread and I think they wanted us to choose which couple we liked...

Chloe and Eli ??
or Scott and Chloe??

I'm thinking....ok what about
Scott and Eli?? or......heck why choose at all?? I like all three of them ;) :D

I do too:P

But I think I will go with Scott and Chloe if I had to chose;)

squirrely1
April 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I do too:P

But I think I will go with Scott and Chloe if I had to chose;)

not me....I like Eli/Chloe :P :P

Col.Foley
April 8th, 2010, 08:03 PM
not me....I like Eli/Chloe :P :P

I thought you weren't chosing :P

squirrely1
April 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I thought you weren't chosing :P

well if I HAD to choose....like they are twisting my arm at gun point or something and ......so that would be who I would choose..... :D

now that poor person who started this thread is going to be like WTF did you people do to my thread?? :P *snort*

SupremeLegate
April 8th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I like the dynamic of Eli/Chloe/Scott, but as far as couple I have to go with Eli/Chloe. To me they just seem to fit togther, course to be fair we have not seen Chloe and Scott just talk.

And for those who want to see Eli and Chloe together, check out this vid. I think it is the trailer for season 1.5, but there is still an interesting shot near the end, just after you see Greer running through a field.

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/series/3/index.html

Byakuya Truelight
April 8th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I think they should form a 3-way relationship. After all, Chloe seems to like them both. And they seemed to get along with each other pretty well in Air too. Now just imagine them in bed. :P

squirrely1
April 8th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I like the dynamic of Eli/Chloe/Scott, but as far as couple I have to go with Eli/Chloe. To me they just seem to fit togther, course to be fair we have not seen Chloe and Scott just talk.

And for those who want to see Eli and Chloe together, check out this vid. I think it is the trailer for season 1.5, but there is still an interesting shot near the end, just after you see Greer running through a field.

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/series/3/index.html

oh thanks I will check that out ;) :D

Col.Foley
April 8th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I think they should form a 3-way relationship. After all, Chloe seems to like them both. And they seemed to get along with each other pretty well in Air too. Now just imagine them in bed. :P

As long as they add Eli making Godzilla noises over the main sound effects that might add an element of hilarity to it :P.

squirrely1
April 8th, 2010, 09:41 PM
As long as they add Eli making Godzilla noises over the main sound effects that might add an element of hilarity to it :P.

Now be nice :P

SupremeLegate
April 8th, 2010, 09:47 PM

I actualy like that idea, not sure how the masses would handle that kind of relationship that has more than just two people in it.

squirrely1
April 8th, 2010, 10:19 PM
I actualy like that idea, not sure how the masses would handle that kind of relationship that has more than just two people in it.

yeah me too and I think it could be really well done if they didn't get over the top or crude with it.

Col.Foley
April 8th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Now be nice :P
I am :P

Hey, I mean it depends on what you mean by relationship. It could work really well if they go where I want them to go in the direction that they want to go into the direction of. I think there realtionship, the three of them, could be really epic, one of the most epic we have seen from SG to date. Like Hermione, Ron, and Harry, and Luke Leia and Han....I think its goign to be fine :cameron:

Jper
April 9th, 2010, 02:48 AM
I have no confidence in TPTB to actually decently develop this relationship between the three of them and isn't that the main problem? Sure, there's potential, but you have to know how and when to use it.

ladypredator
April 9th, 2010, 07:37 AM
What does it do to this dynamic when you add Nicholas Rush to the equation? It sure looked to me like "Space" is going to have a serious traumatic impact on Chloe and Nicholas - and it may not be something she can share with Matt or Eli.

SupremeLegate
April 9th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I wonder how this dynamic will be affeced by tonights episode.

SupremeLegate
April 9th, 2010, 10:38 PM
One thing that I have noticed recently is how the Chloe/Scott & Chloe/Eli relationships are presented too us.

When we see Chloe & Scott together it is almost always seems to be just physical. While with Chloe & Eli it seems to be more personal.

I just find that interesting. I even find myself wanting to see Chloe and Scott interacting on a more personal level, though I am not sure if that would make me more or less annoyed when I say them together.

Cold Fuzz
April 10th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I wonder how this dynamic will be affeced by tonights episode.

I was wondering the same thing actually. Eli's reaction to Chloe siding with Rush was the same as mine. I was surprised and disappointed to see her side with him. I wonder if there's going to be trust issues between Eli and Chloe now. The same thing with Scott. Scott seemed really disappointed with her when his team met up with TJ and Chloe. Considering he's the one who's being intimate with her, and he's definitely much more military than Eli would be, I'd really have trouble trusting her at all right now.

One thing that I have noticed recently is how the Chloe/Scott & Chloe/Eli relationships are presented too us.

When we see Chloe & Scott together it is almost always seems to be just physical. While with Chloe & Eli it seems to be more personal.

I just find that interesting. I even find myself wanting to see Chloe and Scott interacting on a more personal level, though I am not sure if that would make me more or less annoyed when I say them together.

Good observation. After her nightmare, Scott just couldn't provide the kind of emotional support Chloe wanted or needed. As much as I think highly of Scott's character, he just doesn't have the right mindset to be supportive of something like the nightmares at that time. I wonder if perhaps on some level, that made Chloe more willing to see Rush's point of view with the mutiny? This is speculation of course but something that just crossed my mind. ;)

Jper
April 10th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Oh boy, Divided delivered, and it proved to be very interesting for this trio, and their relationship(s). :) Really looking forward to the next episodes now. I just hope my expectations are not too high.

squirrely1
April 10th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah you are not kidding that was an awesome ep....and they did really handle the C/S/E relationship very well.... I loved how ....

Scott noticed Chloe and Rush talking and then when Eli asked about Chloe.... I think it was Eli.....Young said....she's with them.... I just saw both Scott and Eli's heart sink. *sigh* I mean I really don't think she would have ended up over there in proximity with them.....if it hadn't been that she needed to go tell Rush about the docking clamps....so maybe she wouldn't have been "in proximity" of the mutineers....but then after it happened she did make it clear she was with them....so that bit was interesting. So I just wonder if she didn't have to run to where Rush was....would she have?? ONce she realized they were in the throws of the mutiny?? Hmmmmmm

Meshakhad
April 10th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I wasn't expecting BOTH relationships to take a serious hit.

This is an interesting twist. Both Eli and Scott will have difficulty trusting Chloe after this.

squirrely1
April 10th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I wasn't expecting BOTH relationships to take a serious hit.

This is an interesting twist. Both Eli and Scott will have difficulty trusting Chloe after this.

yeah but too it will also set up even more tension between all three of them....because I think it is going to cause more of a rift with Scott/Chloe than it will with Eli/Chloe so I can see this pushing Eli/Chloe together more. IMO. Cuz I think Eli is on the fence about the whole thing....he can see both sides.

SupremeLegate
April 10th, 2010, 01:58 PM
yeah but too it will also set up even more tension between all three of them....because I think it is going to cause more of a rift with Scott/Chloe than it will with Eli/Chloe so I can see this pushing Eli/Chloe together more. IMO. Cuz I think Eli is on the fence about the whole thing....he can see both sides.

Yeah, it seemed to me that he was more surprised that she sided with Rush than that she sided agianst the military.

It will be interesting to see how they deal with each other in "Faith" I guess we know who she is looking back at when she is swimming.

It should also make things interesting in the up coming episode "lost" since from what I can tell Eli, Chloe, and Scott will be spending most of the episode together.

squirrely1
April 10th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah, it seemed to me that he was more surprised that she sided with Rush than that she sided agianst the military.

It will be interesting to see how they deal with each other in "Faith" I guess we know who she is looking back at when she is swimming.

It should also make things interesting in the up coming episode "lost" since from what I can tell Eli, Chloe, and Scott will be spending most of the episode together.

yeah I can't wait. I also saw that promo trailer where it looks like.... Eli is kissing her! :D I can't wait for that so see what that is all about and what Scott will do when he finds out :eek:

SupremeLegate
April 10th, 2010, 02:24 PM
yeah I can't wait. I also saw that promo trailer where it looks like.... Eli is kissing her! :D I can't wait for that so see what that is all about and what Scott will do when he finds out :eek:

I bet it happens near the end of the season though. Scott's reaction, if he finds out I could see Chloe not telling him, should be interesting since I think he has no idea of Eli's feelings for Chloe. I am more interested in Chloe's reaction, since she looks completly surpised in the clip.

Jper
April 10th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Yeah you are not kidding that was an awesome ep....and they did really handle the C/S/E relationship very well.... I loved how ....

Scott noticed Chloe and Rush talking and then when Eli asked about Chloe.... I think it was Eli.....Young said....she's with them.... I just saw both Scott and Eli's heart sink. *sigh* I mean I really don't think she would have ended up over there in proximity with them.....if it hadn't been that she needed to go tell Rush about the docking clamps....so maybe she wouldn't have been "in proximity" of the mutineers....but then after it happened she did make it clear she was with them....so that bit was interesting. So I just wonder if she didn't have to run to where Rush was....would she have?? ONce she realized they were in the throws of the mutiny?? Hmmmmmm

Is it bad that those ramblings made perfect sense to me? :eek: :S

:D

Dream sequence... Imagination... Other timeline... Alternate Universe... Oh boy I bet they'll go that way again. :mckay:

squirrely1
April 10th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Is it bad that those ramblings made perfect sense to me? :eek: :S

:D

Dream sequence... Imagination... Other timeline... Alternate Universe... Oh boy I bet they'll go that way again. :mckay:

hehehehe IDK but I'm so glad someone can understand my ramblings :D

and yeah you are prolly right....*sigh* it's prolly a dream .... :mckay:

Jper
April 10th, 2010, 03:58 PM
hehehehe IDK but I'm so glad someone can understand my ramblings :D

But I don't want to be right. :eek: I want to see more interesting development.

SupremeLegate
April 10th, 2010, 06:21 PM

I have a feeling that it is not a dream, time to test the old ESP.

Jper
April 11th, 2010, 01:26 AM
i have a feeling that it is not a dream, time to test the old esp.

esp?

ladypredator
April 13th, 2010, 10:36 AM
After her nightmare, Scott just couldn't provide the kind of emotional support Chloe wanted or needed. As much as I think highly of Scott's character, he just doesn't have the right mindset to be supportive of something like the nightmares at that time. I wonder if perhaps on some level, that made Chloe more willing to see Rush's point of view with the mutiny? This is speculation of course but something that just crossed my mind. ;)

Chloe and Nicholas went through an extremely traumatic experience together and he risked his life to save hers. That forms a pretty tight bond, esp. since Young was firing at the ship while they were on it. And she knows that Young left Nicholas for dead deliberately. The combination of Matt being unable to connect with her emotional pain and the fact that he's so blindly loyal to the Colonel has to be a problem in their relationship - and in her relationship with Eli as well. You can see that when she talks to Eli in the corridor. She's outright disdainful of him.

What interests me the most is that Nicholas and Chloe weren't really a part of Camile Wray's 'coup' attempt. They both agree with it in principle and both see the Colonel as dangerous, but they're actually hijacking Camile's plan for a plan of their own. It's not really that Chloe is siding with the civilian group, she's solely siding with Nicholas. The two of them are concerned about the aliens, not internal power struggles. It's a plot within a plot.

That's going to have some significant effects on all of Chloe's relationships. Nicholas remains the only person who can viscerally and truly understand what she feels. It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

azoriad
October 20th, 2010, 04:22 AM
It bothers me that she has been connecting with Scott. I mean if you look at Scott, the character is really shallow, he never progresses more then caring about either getting tail or worrying about a crew member while they are going to die. Chloe has never shown to progress as a character with Scott, she only does that when he is not there.

It feels like the writers are intentionally annoying their fans by denying a relationship which would clearly work with eli so she could sleep with the better looking guy. Nerds who watch the show are all too familiar with losing the girl to a better looking guy. We don't wanna be frustrated with our love lives in our escape from our lives.

squirrely1
October 20th, 2010, 05:43 AM
It bothers me that she has been connecting with Scott. I mean if you look at Scott, the character is really shallow, he never progresses more then caring about either getting tail or worrying about a crew member while they are going to die. Chloe has never shown to progress as a character with Scott, she only does that when he is not there.

It feels like the writers are intentionally annoying their fans by denying a relationship which would clearly work with eli so she could sleep with the better looking guy. Nerds who watch the show are all too familiar with losing the girl to a better looking guy. We don't wanna be frustrated with our love lives in our escape from our lives.

I agree that the writers are trying to block the Chloe/Eli ship with the use of Scott....deliberately putting him in the middle of them....as the "better looking guy for sex thing" :S :S But really that doesn't even bother me...cuz I can see that on an emotional level Eli and Chloe are so much better suited and their "ship" Is truly getting the quality screen time.. This is why the writers don't develop the Matt/Chloe ship on screen because they don't want that ship to develop past what it is which is they use one another for sexual release more or less. I mean Scott claims he loves her, but you don't really see them talking or supporting one another outside of the "bedroom" So really It is a cheap plot device to keep the angst between Chloe and Eli....what is really going to piss me off is..... when they hook up Eli with Ginn and then that is going to make it another stupid quad like the BSG fiasco. *sigh* I just think that is going to overwhelm the whole thing. It will mean that either Chloe gets jealous and realizes what she truly had in Eli and see just how shallow her relationship is with Matt or she will run to Matt even more and I just don['t know that I have that stomach for that :S

SupremeLegate
October 20th, 2010, 06:16 AM
In the case of the Chloe/Scott relationship and the upcoming Eli/Ginn relationship, I see them as stepping stones. Both Eli and Chloe need to develop as people, too figure themsleves out and find a place on Destiny. Eventualy both relationships will come to an end, and Chloe will see what she has in Eli and they will get together.

But it looks like we will have to accpet the Chloe/Scott relationship for a while, on the plus side at least we will see Eli get a girl.

I wonder if Chloe seeing Eli and Ginn's relationship will cuase her to see the issues in her and Scotts relationship.

squirrely1
October 20th, 2010, 06:32 AM
In the case of the Chloe/Scott relationship and the upcoming Eli/Ginn relationship, I see them as stepping stones. Both Eli and Chloe need to develop as people, too figure themsleves out and find a place on Destiny. Eventualy both relationships will come to an end, and Chloe will see what she has in Eli and they will get together.

But it looks like we will have to accpet the Chloe/Scott relationship for a while, on the plus side at least we will see Eli get a girl.

I wonder if Chloe seeing Eli and Ginn's relationship will cuase her to see the issues in her and Scotts relationship.

yeah it will be painful in one way but good in another...to ultimately help their ship.... I guess :S :S but it is such a typical route for writers to go...to continue the angst and I just hate it....cuz it's scifi and there are other ways to bring in angst not the typical oh hook everyone up with other people angle :mckay: I'm worried the new developments with Eli and Ginn are going to eclipse Chloe/Eli's screen time together and that is what bugs me...cuz it is such an ensemble cast and they get very little screen time now :S

MattSilver 3k
October 20th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I think Chloe'll probably be a little busy with her own recent issues to worry about Eli/Ginn, but I bet there'll be at least one minor acknowledgment scene or one between her and Eli after Ginn goes bye-bye.