X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do wraith have shields?

Do Wraith have any sort of shields?

I think it's too early to tell. We haven't really seen too much Wraith technology up to this point. (I live in the US, and have only seen the first half of Atlantis, Season 1 - the rest of Season 1 airs in January 2005). Later episodes in Season 1 may anser your question. You might want to check the Episode topics under the Atlantis Forum.

Comment

They likely have shields on hive ships but there is no evidence of personal shields so far.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

They'd pretty much have to if they're any match for the Ancients. If they didn't have shields even one of our ICBMs could kill a hive ship.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

In Before I Sleep (and this isn't really a spoiler but)
          Spoiler:
          The Ancients state that one on one the wraith ships are no match but theres just so many of them
          So i doubt the wraiths have sheilds.

Comment

They probably have the technology to devellop sheild but they didn't because they've never match a force to oppose them. So it was useless for them. I also saw that the puddle jumper didn't really have powerfull sheild, even less than the asgard ship ....

The ancient was in fact, a lot like the asgard are now, they have the technology but because of a big problem in their society, they no longer can match their ennemy in numbers, the technology is one thing, but be able to produce enough in that point of technology become more and more difficult, as we also saw with the Tollan.

The Wraith are just too many to fire at the same time I suppose, and we saw that there was about a douzen, perhaps 2 of puddle jumpers in the city hall. So they didn't really have a "fleet" . But yes they had "outpost" that we saw in SG-1 finals [spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            and we now know that there was also many outpost in pegasus galaxy, so it was their real defense
            . ]

So they ancient was counting more on "base" than ship. It has most possibly cause their dead.

PS : FOR THE WRAITH SHEILD : we saw it in the planet protected with a EMP in an episode that I don't remember the name. If I remember correctly a man tried to slay the "drone" with an arrow, but there was a sheild on it. correct me if I'm incorrect.
            - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
            - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
            - The Nox

Comment

well, in rising, part 2, we shot down a wraith dart with just a shoulder- mounted rocket, so I doubt they have shields, but this may be the case for only their darts, like the death gliders and the goa'uld. (d.g.'s dont have shields)
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                well, in rising, part 2, we shot down a wraith dart with just a shoulder- mounted rocket, so I doubt they have shields
                All that means is that vessels as small as Darts don't have shields. It could also have been the case that they weren't activated in "Rising." Why would they need them against primative humans?
                Last edited by Major Tyler; 11 December 2004, 04:19 PM.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

yeha, in fact these ships were only to take humans with as best weapon perhaps arrow, so they didn't need sheild ... and anyway when we saw in the episode
                  Spoiler:
                  they didn't have sheild when Atlantis were fighting back, their little ship were just thousands of them ... so they were overload
                  as we saw in many occasion when little goauld mother ship where attacking a better ship of an another goauld master ... it was in fact more sheilded but with the power of douzen of other mother ship it failed

Their Hive ship must have sheild. but even if they don't, don't care they have about fourty of them ! and the ancient have one or two douzens of puddle jumper [So far it was their only ship, except the city]
                  - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by po134
                    yeha, in fact these ships were only to take humans with as best weapon perhaps arrow, so they didn't need sheild ... and anyway when we saw in the episode
                    Spoiler:
                    they didn't have sheild when Atlantis were fighting back, their little ship were just thousands of them ... so they were overload
                    as we saw in many occasion when little goauld mother ship where attacking a better ship of an another goauld master ... it was in fact more sheilded but with the power of douzen of other mother ship it failed

Their Hive ship must have sheild. but even if they don't, don't care they have about fourty of them ! and the ancient have one or two douzens of puddle jumper [So far it was their only ship, except the city]
                    Im pretty sure the ancients had more than a few puddle jumpers. in one of the episodes they said they sent out a peace envoy and it was accompanied by some of the ancient's most powerful war ships.
                    I doubt they meant the puddlejumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by caes4
                      Im pretty sure the ancients had more than a few puddle jumpers. in one of the episodes they said they sent out a peace envoy and it was accompanied by some of the ancient's most powerful war ships.
                      I doubt they meant the puddlejumpers.
                      Maybe those were puddle jumpers with *gasp* shields... LMAO

Man I wish they would show us an ancient battle cruiser... Maybe they'll find plans on how to build one eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                        I think it's too early to tell. We haven't really seen too much Wraith technology up to this point. (I live in the US, and have only seen the first half of Atlantis, Season 1 - the rest of Season 1 airs in January 2005). Later episodes in Season 1 may anser your question. You might want to check the Episode topics under the Atlantis Forum.
                        Seconded
                        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni
                          Maybe those were puddle jumpers with *gasp* shields... LMAO

Man I wish they would show us an ancient battle cruiser... Maybe they'll find plans on how to build one eventually...

I think it will take us some time to reverse engineer an ancient warship.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by caes4
                            Im pretty sure the ancients had more than a few puddle jumpers. in one of the episodes they said ..................................

Add some spoiler tags around the white colour text or you will get a lot grief from a lot of people my friend.

[ spoiler ] put the spoiler in here [ /spoiler ] (minus the space in the square brackets)
                            Last edited by Wass; 12 December 2004, 02:24 PM.

Comment

in fact, probably there is some kind of "armory" in the city perhaps on the continent ?
                              - The Nox

Comment

Working...
                              X