This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you ever get nervous about SGU?

I'm looking forward to the show and I'll definatley watch and support it but sometimes I get nervous from looking at certain clips we have been given.

For example the clips from this sci-fi channel promotion add: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKaeDNh0KdU

It just seems so far removed and different (not nesscerily bad) from the stargate show I'm used to. It just makes me nervous for the show.

Anyone else ever get moments like this?

Of course, though that very SciFi promo was the one thing that gave me hope again about SG:U after the first trailer. I was somewhat worried before the launch of Stargate Atlantis too and while this was somewhat unfounded on my part (I loved Atlantis), in retrospect SGA fell a bit short of what I was expecting from it in 2004.

Anyway, it's only natural to get nervous and the solutions is simple for me: I'll watch the first season and if it doesn't live up to the Stargate franchise until the 20th episode, I'll just quit watching it and move on (and hope in a franchise reboot).
    sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

I am nervous, but that is because i never like BSG.
      Then again this kind of different so in all honesty i will watch it even if it terriable because it has Stargate in its name, the only thing i did not watch was Stargate Infinity. And lets be honest even the biggest fan in the entire world X's 100 would not watch that pile of rubbish.
      But back on topic i am nervous but will watch it and im sure i will love it.
      My faith is in TPTB.

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus91 View Post
        My faith is in TPTB.
        Don't have too much faith. If they cared about the Fans they would not have cancelled Atlantis.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

It's a TV show, so no.

Comment

No.
            Signed,

Gregorius
            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
              Don't have too much faith. If they cared about the Fans they would not have cancelled Atlantis.
              Awwww, poor baby!

Comment

The promos reveal so little that i find it hard to have an opinion about it one way or the other. The only thing i'm slightly worried about is that they try to make SGU to much like BSG. I prefer more action and aventure based scifi, and TPTB have not really been that good at character development. But i am willing to withold judgement until i've seen a few eps.
                sigpic

Comment

True, very True.
                  In answer I am concerned. they seem to have refrenced BSG lots and that does not fill me with confidence AT ALL. however seeing some of the cast and the 3 trailers im willing to give it a go. altho if its crap believe me i'l be raising hell.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    It's a TV show, so no.
                    I know it's just a tv show, but a tv show I'm a fan of. Maybe I'm thinking about it to much.

Comment

Nope if anything I am getting excited.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I am excited for it, and I am continuing with my optimism . It's surprising though, because I'm much more of a pessimist in real life, but I'm currently looking forward to SGU (with a few reservations...sure )
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

It's a TV show, so no.
                          Damn. That was exactly what I was gonna say.

Seriously, word-for-word and everything. This is creepy.

Comment

Nope.

Pfffft.
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

It's a TV show, so no.

Comment

Working...
                              X