This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban/Alternative singer in SGU

Grammy-nominted Janelle Monae will play herself and will perform with her band two songs from her latest album, "Many Moons" and "Sincerely."
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...26c557a111ee7f

Is this one step to much or somthing different and refreshing?

No, this is good. It looks like they're balancing the guesting of old hands with these new and, yes, refreshing elements added onto the show.

I mean, it's still tasteful right? As long as that's true, I say that they should keep "pushing the envelop"; add more "un-Stargate-y" things, more new stuff, etc.

Keeps it interesting.
    Last edited by PG15; 15 April 2009, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Oh gosh, this will be fodder for the SG:90210 people (and there are still some around somehow- although I think its pretty much the same crowd as the ''I hate SGU anyway'' crowd).

Comment

What the...? But...How...? Errr...Yeah...

Comment

Never heard of her, but found this:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHgbzNHVg0c
          sigpic

Comment

Considering the scene she is most likely to appear in is the Nightclub scene, I'd say this is fine. Why not have someone with some kind of name, instead of an extra miming on stage?

Comment

Was there a few scenes supposed to be filmed at a club? This is probably something to do with that.

Comment

this reminds me of when lois lane went to see coldplay in smallville
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

But the good news is, in the same article we learn that Carlo Rota will play the head of the IOA, good actor. You may remember him as Chloe's husband in 24. Just another part given to a known face, thats good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                    Oh gosh, this will be fodder for the SG:90210 people (and there are still some around somehow- although I think its pretty much the same crowd as the ''I hate SGU anyway'' crowd).
                    Ha! However, putting in live singers DOES appeal to a younger audience, unless that singer is Tom Jones. I'm on the fence on this show, and now adding in more Earth-based episodes is not appealing. I thought they were lost in sapce, stuck on Voyager, something like that

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      Ha! However, putting in live singers DOES appeal to a younger audience, unless that singer is Tom Jones. I'm on the fence on this show, and now adding in more Earth-based episodes is not appealing. I thought they were lost in sapce, stuck on Voyager, something like that
                      But does it? I don't know why you'd think it would...

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                        this reminds me of when lois lane went to see coldplay in smallville
                        So this made the show only closer to real life! So I like it, then you really see the show is in present time.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          I thought they were lost in sapce, stuck on Voyager, something like that

Well, if it's not Stargate:Voyager, then it's Stargate:90210. No one will truly be happy until we see things unfold.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                            Well, if it's not Stargate:Voyager, then it's Stargate:90210. No one will truly be happy until we see things unfold.
                            and then people will still be unhappy
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

So, what scene is set at a night club?
                              Any chance of a strip club further down the road? They can have Diablo Cody guest star...

Comment

Working...
                              X