This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remake

does anyone think they should remake the original stargate movie with the actors from the tv series. Cause then they could change it abit so its more inline with the tv series like RA was not the last of his kind

No. No. No. No. No.

A Thousand times.

NO!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Thats a great idea. Gateworld should do a poll asking if fans would like the next direct-2-DVD SG-1 movie to be a remake of the first stargate movie
      sigpic

Comment

that would be a waste of time because anyone with a brain would prefer new original material over a remake
        - Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
        - When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
        - Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
        - Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Comment

that would be impossible now that RDA is as old as he is. there is no reason to remake it. what we need is a new stargate movie released in theatres around the world and getting a bunch of oscars for being the best movie in the world EVER!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
            that would be impossible now that RDA is as old as he is. there is no reason to remake it. what we need is a new stargate movie released in theatres around the world and getting a bunch of oscars for being the best movie in the world EVER!
            Someone get Danny Boyle.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I would not be interested in this.

Comment

NO! Nothing beats the original movie!

And, as someone said, RDA is far too old and the cast has changed their looks far too much.
                Carter no longer has short hair or blonde hair for matter and she's getting too old as well etc.

No messing with the classics, please?

We get enough of that in Hollyqueer.

and I will NOT watch someone else playing these characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  No. No. No. No. No.

A Thousand times.

NO!
                  Basically what I was thinking.

Comment

I would say no, like even if the remake was brilliant, a remake will be always be compared to the original and a remake should never be made just for the sake of different actors, there should be a new point of view, new direction, they shouldn't just be imitating something...
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Age is not a problem today. I recommend you to watch Curious case of Benjamin Button, you'll see how old Brad Pit could look on screen.

On topic I say NO!!!! The movie is good as it is
                      The cake is a lie...

Comment

Never going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                          Thats a great idea. Gateworld should do a poll asking if fans would like the next direct-2-DVD SG-1 movie to be a remake of the first stargate movie
                          So how do you explain how massively older the characters look compared to CotG?

Besides, all the IMPORTANT differences were referred to in CotG and explained.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

OMG No!
                            The movie was a classic and is still loved by people worldwide.
                            Hell, I watched it on SciFi yesterday. And even though i love newer season i still love that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwis View Post
                              Age is not a problem today. I recommend you to watch Curious case of Benjamin Button, you'll see how old Brad Pit could look on screen.

On topic I say NO!!!! The movie is good as it is
                              On the contrary, age is a problem. Making people look old is way easier than making them look young. Besides, even if TPTB were able to make RDA look younger, there's still the issue of him being physically old and unable to act as well as he used to be able to.

Now back on topic, I say no. The movie needs to stay as it is.
                              sigpic
                              ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Working...
                              X