• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stage Fright (103)

Visit the Episode GuideDOLLHOUSE - SEASON ONE
    STAGE FRIGHT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 103

Echo becomes a backup singer for a pop star who has been targeted by a psychotic fan. Agent Ballard receives a tip that may prove fatal.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 11:00 PM.

Loved tonight's ep best of the lot so far, probably at least in part because there was no sex involved.

Liked the singing (and am not snob enough to know if it actually sucked), liked the WORDS to the pop song if not the actual melody to the song itself.

I'm really enjoying the way they're developing Echo and the whole "off the grid, thinking outside the box" stuff as well as the hints that she- and maybe others- are remembering slight bits (or even just remembering a vibe of camaraderie). Don't like the Security dude in the Suit at all, but I doubt we're supposed to so at least on that score he's doing well.

I do think the whole "tortured pop diva who's so sick of the Game" thing was a tad cliche, but I think it worked in the end. LOVED Echo's problem-solving technique. LMAO!

I also still REALLY REALLY don't trust Sweet Neighbor Girl.

Comment

I liked the story despite the main plot if that makes sense. There is definitely something going on with Echo because she is able to go outside of her parameters. My only problem is the story with the cop because it doesn't seem to lead anywhere. It was interesting though that his one main informant IS actually a doll. I liked last weeks episode better but the show is slowly gaining on momentum me thinks.
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
        I liked the story despite the main plot if that makes sense. There is definitely something going on with Echo because she is able to go outside of her parameters. My only problem is the story with the cop because it doesn't seem to lead anywhere. It was interesting though that his one main informant IS actually a doll. I liked last weeks episode better but the show is slowly gaining on momentum me thinks.
        It makes perfect sense to me and I agree with you. The singing plot was just okay, but what I really liked were the tidbits that got. I liked the interaction between Boyd and the Doctor. I liked suit security guy grabbing up Topher and giving him a well deserved throttle. I really dislike Topher. My favorite thing would be the end with Echo's subtle head shake to Sierra. That is what made this episode for me and will get me to tune in again next week.

Comment

To me this was the pooriest episode so far, yes it was even worst than the pilot and that saying something.

Lame plot, lame music and just overall nothing interesting happened in the episode, apart the one lead the FBI cop being a doll. And obvious for a top secrete organisation they are pretty rubbish at taking people out. Also the botch assassination attempt will mean the FBI guy will have all the resources he needs to hunt down the doll house because FBI do not take assassination attempts on its officers lightly and the fact the people he was after felt it necessary to take him out means he was getting close.

Comment

I thought the music was appropriately pop-like. I was in the mall today and actually caught myself listening to the songs a couple of times to make sure it wasn't Rayna singing. LOL! Guess I'm just a geek at heart. Ha. Who knew?

Comment

Still not feeling the show, i feel like i could fall asleep during the episode and not have missed anything. its the final sences that are the most interesting, when their back in the dollhouse and echo is inactive again and showing signs of awareness. as for the music in this episode, it was fine very beyonce/pussycat dolls, i can live with that

Comment

I didn't mind that... Some good dialogue although some of the delivery was a bit limp.
                Lots of story potential in the offing. I still don't connect with the FBI fella... he's more of a distraction and not very welcome.
                Spoiler:
                Nice twist with Russian boy.
                Last edited by Easter Lily; 09 March 2009, 07:10 PM.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Stage Fright was easily my least favorite episode so far. Don't know who thought an episode about "pop stars" would be a good idea.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                  X