This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe Intro

I'm assuming Stargate Universe will have a cold open followed by the introductory credits, but what sort of credits will they be? Will they be the dramatic introductory credits we know and love? or will they be the 10 second version that has snuck back into Atlantis to taint the final episodes.

I hope we get some dramatic opening credits!

According to Brad Wright...

TheTrueMole writes: “Are you going to bother to produce a full length opening sequence and have SciFi cut it down later, or just stick to a 3 second title screen from the get-go?”

BW: We are planning a third option.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/

Comment

I don't want any opening credits. They're old fashioned and just get in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by KowalRoyale View Post
        I'm assuming Stargate Universe will have a cold open followed by the introductory credits, but what sort of credits will they be? Will they be the dramatic introductory credits we know and love? or will they be the 10 second version that has snuck back into Atlantis to taint the final episodes.

I hope we get some dramatic opening credits!
        I thought I was the only one that had noticed the 10 second squeeze was back! I want old school dramatic montage credits, like SG-1 had for most of it's run. The 10 second snip is just a way shove more commercial time in. I'm afraid the third option will be a 15 second intro.

Comment

"nobody does that anymore, you just throw up the credits and move on!"

no but i would like an opening credit sequence, obviously sci-fi will cut it down but the DVD's will have it (even though they are annoying when wathcing them as you have to fast forward, that is unless they put a new scene right after the credits, which they hardley ever do!)

Comment

I'm all for a good ole' title sequence; the images are irrelevant; I just want to listen to Joel's score.

For Stargate, the theme sequence usually pumps me up for the show even more!

Comment

I would gladly welcome an opening sequence similar to that of SG-1 and Atlantis. I hate Atlantis' shortened version... It feels like I'm not getting the whole show... I hope it has good music though (Being a huge fan of Atlantis' music). In fact, the other day, I had a dream I was watching SGU's opening, and the music was REALLY terrible... more like a nightmare

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

Ditch the intro, totally unnecessary and a bit on the cheesy side too.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  Ditch the intro, totally unnecessary and a bit on the cheesy side too.
                  I was under the impression that they "have to" have opening credits.
                  Something to do with the film guilds.
                  George Lucas was kicked out of the Directors Guild for not putting credits infront of the Orignel Star Wars Films.

Is it the same for TV shows?
                  The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                  Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Credit is usually given with or without an opening sequence, you will see the names on the bottom of the screen.

Comment

i like the opening tittle sequence, the sort version they use for SGA is just crap! maybe the thrid option will be somethin along the line of the torchwood opening sequence, i.e. list all the many actor over a basic and fast intro

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        I'm all for a good ole' title sequence; the images are irrelevant; I just want to listen to Joel's score.

For Stargate, the theme sequence usually pumps me up for the show even more!
                        LOL, me too! I adore the Atlantis theme, it's so beautiful, and who can resist singing the lyrics for the SG-1 theme? Certainly not me

The other reasons I'll vote for an opening title sequence every day of the week are so that we don't get all the credits over the opening scenes of the show - it's incredibly annoying to have to edit them out when you're making artwork

Then of course there's the fact that all these characters are going to be new to people and a lot of the actors will be too. The majority of the SG audience isn't involved in online forums (the 40,000 or so here are only a very small percentage of the audience) so won't be prepped already. Plus the network is hoping to get new SG viewers, they will have no idea who is who without the opening titles.

Finally, there's that most important factor of having a great theme tune to have as my mobile ringtone

I know they're brilliant arguments and wouldn't sway the network, but branding is important! They'd know that one

Even if it turned out to be a 30 second title sequence, I'd certainly prefer that over something like Jericho's flashing the title logo up for a few seconds.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by somme View Post
                          I don't want any opening credits. They're old fashioned and just get in the way.
                          Old fashioned? Since when was five years ago old fashioned?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Ditching the full intro gives you a little bit more story time, I'm all for it!
                            Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

i'm going to guess it will be BSGesque, if anything just to prevent alienating BSG jumpover fans, ie pertainant clips, and actor names so long as they don't have the BSG spoiler flashforwards!
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X