This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Destiny & Pegasus

From what i gather from the background information for SGU, the stargate seeder ship and the destiny were both lanuched before the war with the wraith and possiblely before atlantis left earth for pegasus and that the ancients lost interest in this experiment in favor for ascension. (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...revealed.shtml) SGA's pilot also stated that when atlantis came to the PG the ancients set up a new gate network to travel between the plantes in PG. so assuming that the acients lost interest before atlantis came to the PG, the computers on bored the stargate seeder an the destiny wouldnt know the PG now has a stargate network. therefore since there is a pre programed course for both ships to plant stargates in all galaxies (yes i know there are likely more then 100 billion galaies in the known universe), shouldnt the destiny at some point arrive in PG?

I would guess that this is how the writers will introduce 304's into the equation. when the ship arrives in pegasus then they will have a 304 sent there to guard the ship.

But also if the ancients hadn't lost interest yet they might have gone to the ships and changed there course so that it didn't include pegasus.

Comment

This is true, but given the universe is infinite, it may never reach Pegasus. You have to remember, Pegasus is relatively close to the Milky Way, so the ancients obviously figured why bother sending it to galaxies they could easily reach themselves?
      One thing I am interested in. Did they want the gate addresses of the planets the ship seeded? As it'd seem odd for them to introduce gates to races who have no idea how they work.

I'm saying this as surely it'd transfer data back to Atlantis, or where ever it did come from. Because otherwise the ship went to planets, threw a gate and a DHD to the surface, then left without offering a self help video!

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
        This is true, but given the universe is infinite, it may never reach Pegasus. You have to remember, Pegasus is relatively close to the Milky Way, so the ancients obviously figured why bother sending it to galaxies they could easily reach themselves?
        One thing I am interested in. Did they want the gate addresses of the planets the ship seeded? As it'd seem odd for them to introduce gates to races who have no idea how they work.

I'm saying this as surely it'd transfer data back to Atlantis, or where ever it did come from. Because otherwise the ship went to planets, threw a gate and a DHD to the surface, then left without offering a self help video!

My theory to this quandry is the 9th chevron itself. I could be completely wrong, but the impression I get is you would need a fantastic amount of power to dial the 9th chevron - probably far more than a single ZPM does to dial another galaxy as an eight chevron address. - This makes sense (sort of) considering the Destiny could be anywhere in our entire Universe! - My eyes still cross as the sheer ludicrous scale of this.

As a result, if you found a stargate on a planet outside Milky Way or Pegasus, with green chevrons and Bajoran symbols on its DHD, you would still be able to reach the Destiny, as long as you can determine which symbol is the point of origin, and have enough juice to power the gate. - Ie, it would not be a disaster if you didn' know the gate network symbol system from the start. - (As we didn't till Dr Jackson worked it out.)

Ie, if you know the 9th Chevron, you could still reach the Destiny, even if you had no idea about Earth, Atlantis, or any other stargate in any gate system anywhere. - A kind of Stargate version of Ctrl-Alt-Delete?!

As I said, a theory!
        Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
        Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Maybe 2 ZPMs will be needed or 3 in order to dial with the 9th chevron.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
            Maybe 2 ZPMs will be needed or 3 in order to dial with the 9th chevron.
            It would make sense if it takes 3. Atlantis had three slots for three ZPMs and I don't think there's ever been a time in the series where all 3 were used at once. So it would make sense if Atlantis was able to dial the Destiny since they started the project

Comment

well i seen this on the main site in the article about Robert Carlyle
              http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/1...targate2.shtml
              #maybe spoiler about pilot#
              Spoiler:

Edgier and younger in tone than the two previous series, SGU follows a band of soldiers, scientists and civilians, who must fend for themselves as they are forced through a Stargate when their hidden base comes under attack. The desperate survivors emerge aboard an ancient ship missing in the far reaches of space. As they fight to survive, Dr. Rush (Carlyle) works to unlock the mysteries of the ship and return the group home, but evidence of his ulterior motives soon arises.
              This suggests to me that they won't be on atlantis or earth when getting onboard the destiny but at something like an alpha site, or maybe an unknown ancient outpost..

Comment

I guess so, maybe. You never know!

sigpic
                Sig made by squirrely1
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  therefore since there is a pre programed course for both ships to plant stargates in all galaxies (yes i know there are likely more then 100 billion galaies in the known universe), shouldnt the destiny at some point arrive in PG?
                  Well, there are several issues to consider: the Destiny was likely launched about 5-10 million years ago, according to this article. If the Destiny were launched from the Milky Way, then one of the first galaxies that it would have explored would have been Pegasus. Given that, plotwise, it is not unreasonable to assume that the Destiny explores about one galaxy each year, this would mean that, not only has the Destiny explored the entirety of the Local Supercluster, it has likely explored every supercluster nearby as well. This would mean that the Destiny has already visited Pegasus, if Pegasus were on its itinerary at all.
                  "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                  - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                  - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                  - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Working...
                  X