No announcement yet.

Zachary Quinto Says Leonard Nimoy was Helpful and Supportive of His Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zachary Quinto Says Leonard Nimoy was Helpful and Supportive of His Performance

Star Trek star Zachary Quinto is interviewed in the latest issue of the Official Heroes Magazine, just out in the U.S. Here are few excerpts of the interview.

HEROES MAGAZINE : You've said you lobbied for the role of Spock. How did you do that ?

ZACHARY QUINTO : I was really fortunate to find out about the movie right when my Heroes episodes started airing. I was being asked what I wanted to do [in the press] and the casting directors read the interviews [about wanting to play Spock].

How did the scheduling work out ?

When I got offered Spock, I was contracted for 11 Heroes episodes and would be back for one or two [at the end of season two]. But my last day was the first day of production that Star Trek shot. I finished and went back to Heroes.

Did the original Spock actor, Leonard Nimoy, influence your performance ?

We've been very close through this process, personally and creatively, so he's been very helpful and supportive. I will be associated with Spock for the rest of my career. It's a great honor and I embrace it fully.

The full article can be found on the latest issue of Heroes Magazine, now on sale.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/12/...ormance-.shtml

Nice, thanks for posting that. I really look forward to seeing how he does as Spock in this film.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
    X