Ubisoft cancels 'Heroes' video game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubisoft cancels 'Heroes' video game

Ubisoft has decided not to publish a game based on TV show Heroes.

The firm issued a statement to MTV revealing that it has handed the rights to the title, which was due for release this year, back to NBC Universal.

It said: "The rights to the Heroes video game have reverted back to NBC Universal. Ubisoft will no longer produce a video game based on the TV series."

The cancellation is thought to be in response to poor viewing figures and the negative critical reaction to season three of the cult show.

Ubisoft has previously made games based on programmes such as Lost and CSI.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a...ideo-game.html

Rats are abandoning the sinking ship?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Whatever! Personally, I am really enjoying this season, and tonight's episode really clarified a lot of things.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Whatever! Personally, I am really enjoying this season, and tonight's episode really clarified a lot of things.
        I agree with this 100%.

Glad the game is canceled though. Remember the Lost game? HA!

Comment

heroes needs a mmorpg, and a good developer to make it (ie not ubisoft)
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X