This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    Yep! Thing is...I've seen fans write better fan fics.
    Sad isn't it? My SGA diet at the moment consists of old episodes and fanfiction. There is some pretty amazing fanfic out there. And it doesn't even seem like fanfic.

I'm considering getting a bunches of peeps together and writing an alternate season four and five. Weir never disappears and Carson returns earlier and Keller dies ... Well, I'm still working on that. And no Larrin! Or we could do a Larrin type but not make her the way she is. Or we could do a male Larrin

Of course, we would have to make it palatable for all viewers (erm, readers) - there would have to be both Sparky and Sheyla shippyness, but it's all interpreted by subtext by the reader. We'll have to have McShep moments but we'll also have self-control. We will work on character development without killing or Fording them. Oh! And Ford's story will be continued

I'm a genius! Who knew?!

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Sad isn't it? My SGA diet at the moment consists of old episodes and fanfiction. There is some pretty amazing fanfic out there. And it doesn't even seem like fanfic.

I'm considering getting a bunches of peeps together and writing an alternate season four and five. Weir never disappears and Carson returns earlier and Keller dies ... Well, I'm still working on that. And no Larrin! Or we could do a Larrin type but not make her the way she is. Or we could do a male Larrin

Of course, we would have to make it palatable for all viewers (erm, readers) - there would have to be both Sparky and Sheyla shippyness, but it's all interpreted by subtext by the reader. We'll have to have McShep moments but we'll also have self-control. We will work on character development without killing or Fording them. Oh! And Ford's story will be continued

I'm a genius! Who knew?!
      I've been living on stories I make up or read that are actually fan fics for SG-1 since season 9.

I came up with an interesting one that does incorporate some of SGA...with weir and beckett.

in my fic, Vala was never seperated from qetesh but the blending went wrong and they ended up body sharing instead. Vala claims Qetesh is dead so she won't be hunted down as a Goa'uld. Due to the unusual blending Qetesh developed a devotion to Vala and no one else. Kind of like how a hostage and kidnapped will bond.

So, they find the long city of Thule which turns out to be the official senate of the 4 great races. inadvertently she starts back up a senate and everyone starts to come. Thule has ZPMs so Atlantis can dial to our galaxy now.

Anyhow, it turns into a political nightmare and then an assassin comes and starts killing senators.

The Wraith are the only race with a real issue...starvation. The humans of Pegasus face being hunted to extinction but the Wraith want the senate to provide them with criminals from earth.

Vala having experience with Goa'uld tech offers to give the wraith a sarcophagus to use on the wraith so they can go longer between feedings. The wraith decided to use it to make their food source...renewable.

It's an SG-1 centered story but I always thought the pandora's box with the wraith was never fully explored.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

..I've seen fans write better fan fics.
        Oh, there sure is.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Do you think season 5 will be better or worse than season 4?

I'm afraid it will be worse... The plots are no longer interesting, and the endless cast changes are just silly... Woolsey!? Give me a break!

Comment

Originally posted by LivingAsgard View Post

I'm afraid it will be worse... The plots are no longer interesting, and the endless cast changes are just silly... Woolsey!? Give me a break!
            It could be better than S4. You never know ... depends on the stories & how they develop the characters. Would it reach the former glory of S1-s3, specifically S1? I don't know - at least that MHO.
            sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
              It could be better than S4. You never know ... depends on the stories & how they develop the characters. Would it reach the former glory of S1-s3, specifically S1? I don't know - at least that MHO.
              I don't think it really matters for all intents and purposes it's a different show now, one I'm not too interested in. At least not to anywhere near the level I was for S1-3.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                Can you expand on that?
                Severe dereliction of duty, treason, espionage against the US military, repeated insubordination, mutiny, taking hostages,... Do I really need to go on? Sheppard is one of the worst criminals I have ever seen on TV

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                Like someone usually says (is that you Pajus?) - old married couple.
                Yep, that was me

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                We've been told the same things about S4 and look at how that ended up
                Last edited by Pajus; 18 February 2008, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking it will be more of the same - "the same" meaning a few great eps here and there while the majority are mediocre to poor. I evaluate how much I liked a season by figuring out how many eps I'd rewatch. So far I'd only rewatch 5 eps of s4, while I'd rewatch 8-9 eps of s3, 7 eps of s2, and practically every one from s1. The trend isn't promising...

Comment

Just a reminder for folks

This IS a thread for "Misgivings and Complaints" and IS the one place every poster in this thread does not have to defend those misgivings and complaints. So if you agree with them great, if you don't thats great to. But confrontation, debate and the like are not teh *norm* here. This is a place for folks to be able to say what they want WITHOUT having to defend it.

Please remember that

Thanks
                    TameFarrar
                    GateWorld Moderator
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                      This is how I see her. Nothing of substance whatsoever and it annoys me that she kidnaps Sheppard,, has him beaten up and almost killed but yet he seems to forgive all of this because she is hot. I wonder if Wallace had been a hot babe would Shep have sacrificed her to the Wraith..
                      I have no interest in seeing Larrin again. She was just fluff and I would much rather see Shep have a mature emotional liason with someone rather than cheesy immature fluff.

My only other concern is the addition of more characters to the mix. My main interest is Shep/Teyla/Ronan and McKay with a side helping of Lorne and Zelenka. These are the characters I want to see fleshed out. I have no interest in another team or Larrin or any other of the myriad of characters that we will be getting in season 5. I liked Carter in Command and really felt she was beginning to fit in nicely. I understand that AT has now other committments and cannot remain as leader of Atlantis, but Woolsey would have been the last person I would have suggested to take her place.

Keller has not impressed me at all. I like Jewel and have nothing against her but feel she was totally miscast for the role of chief CMO. What is the obsession with actors that IMO are way too young for the roles they are being given. We will now have this new captain who looks no older than my daughter and once again we are meant to believe she is a captain and has years of experience in the military... is there a shortage of good female actors in their thirties and forties...

I hope these new characters don't take away from the main team as this is what keeps me watching SGA. I want to see more team eps and not so many separate character eps. I'd like to see more emhpasis on the characters we already have and good meaty stories centered around each of them. They are the core of the show and IMO that is where the focus should be. I'd like to see more serious emotional attachments and please let Sheppard show some emotion.. not just those looks that JF does so well ..but give the man some lines that shows he has feelings, because no one could let all the crap he has endured roll off their back without some sort of emotional consequenses.
                      YEP AND YEP AGAIN
                      Larrin lowers the tone a more mature women would have been better and wouldnt have made Shep look so pervy drooling over her.
                      I believe the writers have to develope the mckay/shep relationship beyond strangled looks and half- sentences.
                      these 2 carry the weight of Atlantis on their shoulders and know how the other one feels. There should be the odd manly hug and an understanding that they trust each other enough for comfort.
                      And NO I dont necessarily mean slashiness but a more mature exploration of a male to male loving friendship

Comment

Well... like Toaster says...

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        I'm thinking it will be more of the same - "the same" meaning a few great eps here and there while the majority are mediocre to poor.
                        I pretty agree with that statement.

Let's see how many episodes I would rewatch:

S1 - 20
                        S2 - 17
                        S3 - 15
                        S4 - 6 (with 17 episodes done) - I don't count Doppelganger as one that I would rewatch since I have a like/hate relationship with that episode. One moment I'll want to watch it again, the other ... no way, never again.

I think season 4 isn't exactly made of win. Season 5 could potentially maybe better than 4, but all I see for now is more of the same.

Originally posted by Bride of Zelenka View Post
                        I believe the writers have to develope the mckay/shep relationship beyond strangled looks and half- sentences.
                        these 2 carry the weight of Atlantis on their shoulders and know how the other one feels. There should be the odd manly hug and an understanding that they trust each other enough for comfort.
                        And NO I dont necessarily mean slashiness but a more mature exploration of a male to male loving friendship
                        That would require them to think about what they write. And, personally, I'm not looking forward to even more McShep on screen than we already have.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It will be the same. More McSheppard.

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                          I don't think it really matters for all intents and purposes it's a different show now, one I'm not too interested in. At least not to anywhere near the level I was for S1-3.
                          It seems to be a different show to me too.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          I'm thinking it will be more of the same - "the same" meaning a few great eps here and there while the majority are mediocre to poor. I evaluate how much I liked a season by figuring out how many eps I'd rewatch. So far I'd only rewatch 5 eps of s4, while I'd rewatch 8-9 eps of s3, 7 eps of s2, and practically every one from s1. The trend isn't promising...
                          only looking forward to the 2 daniel eps and 5 carsons.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

It will be worse. I can't imagine how worse it can be if S4 is the worst of the worst
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Yep! Thing is...I've seen fans write better fan fics.
                              Why thank you.

I've long since given up on SGA.

Before season four, I couldn't wait for a new episode, now thanks but no thanks. I'm sticking with fanfiction .
                              BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

I don't see S5 going to be better in any way. I'm afraid it will turn out to be same or worse, but better? *shakes head* I can hardly believe that. First of all, my favorite character is out. For good. They might wrap up her story a la Jonas, and if they do that - it will suck. On the other hand I'm glad Elizabeth won't be turned into a villain in front of our eyes, that would be way way too much, after they made her sacrifice her life for Atlantis.

Woolsey is a desperate move IMO. And another step toward the sg1-ification of sga. With Wooley boy they can ignore the "leader" alltogether and concentrate on the team, but this show was never only about the team. This was never SG1. It used to be something different. It's not any more.

What would I re watch? Almost complete S1, half of the S2 and one third of S3. None of the S4. Upsetting trend indeed.
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X